A Heart To Keep (A Michael Ja...

By _TheGlovedOne

๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต, ๐˜... More

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1- Flustered
CHAPTER 2- The Jones'
CHAPTER 3- Sixth Sense
CHAPTER 4- Favor
CHAPTER 5- Electricity
CHAPTER 6- Ideas
CHAPTER 7- Confirmation
CHAPTER 8- Apple Pie
CHAPTER 9- Attack
CHAPTER 10- Note
CHAPTER 11- Lonely
CHAPTER 12- Check-up
CHAPTER 14- Spark
CHAPTER 15- Waiting
CHAPTER 16- Envy
CHAPTER 17- Distant
CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling
CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted
CHAPTER 20- Safety
CHAPTER 21- Stay
CHAPTER 22- Breakfast
CHAPTER 23- Invitation
CHAPTER 24- Gift
CHAPTER 25- Signals
CHAPTER 26- Confused
CHAPTER 27- Confession
CHAPTER 28- Ill-Fated
CHAPTER 29- Truth
CHAPTER 30- I Can't Make You
CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk
CHAPTER 33- In the Dark
CHAPTER 34- Ethereal
CHAPTER 35- Spotlight
CHAPTER 36- Fear
CHAPTER 37- Bad Omen
CHAPTER 38- Suspicious
CHAPTER 39- Troubled
CHAPTER 40- Unknown
CHAPTER 41- Memory
CHAPTER 42- Anxious
CHAPTER 43- Revelation
CHAPTER 44- Shatter
CHAPTER 45- Time
CHAPTER 46- Danger
CHAPTER 47- Brink
CHAPTER 48- Letting Go
CHAPTER 49- Years
CHAPTER 50- Apart
FINAL CHAPTER- Again
Author's Note

CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride

1.4K 72 92
By _TheGlovedOne

AMELIA

"Heights? I'm not afraid of heights, why'd you ask?" His question is out of the blue. Why would he ask me that?

"There's no need to give me a copy of the sketch. You're going to give me the sketch..." He paused a little, "...personally"

Is he out of his mind?

"Are you being serious, Michael?" I questioned him.

"I am being serious Mia" he chuckled. "I'll have my plane ready for you whenever you're ready to fly," I feel my chest tighten again and held my palm over it to massage it. Be professional, Mia.

"But Michael..."

"No buts. I really do want to see the sketches" He replied. I just sighed because I know he'll not let this go. Besides, he's my client. I need to comply with whatever he wants for the sake of his home. Just think of this as a business trip. Yeah, that's it, just a business trip.

"Okay, but do you mind giving me a week to fix them. I might start drawing the plans so I can present them to you as well" I nervously said. I guess I'll be pulling an all-nighter all week again.

"I'll give you the time you need," He said. I forgot to answer as I think of a hundred and one ways for these plans to be made in a span of one week. Considering that he's a man of many demands, this plan might be a lot more complex than I thought.

"Mia? You still there?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard his voice sweetly calling out my name.

"Yeah, Michael, I'm still here. Sorry, I just zoned out a bit" I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I don't think I'll ever succeed avoiding this man.

"I'm fine, Michael. I probably need to rest before I start working." I said.

"What time is it there? I heard Germany is nine hours ahead of California" I did the simple math inside my head. My eyes widen as I realize what time it was wherever he is.

"It's one in the morning there?" I worriedly said.

"Uhh-yeah it is." His voice got shy immediately.

"Oh goodness, I'm sorry for keeping you up this late. You should rest now" I hurriedly replied.

"But I still wanna talk," He shyly muttered. Suddenly, my breath shortens, causing me to gasp for air. I put the phone away from my face so he can't hear that I'm struggling. After a few seconds, I return the phone and spoke to him.

"Uhm-Michael?" He just hummed as a response. "I would really like to stay and have a chat with you but my conscience will rack my brains if I don't let you rest" I nervously said, hoping he won't take it the wrong way. I just heard a faint laugh from him.

"Oh, Mia" My heart raced once again. It really hits different hearing my name falling from his lips. "I'll let this one go since I'm going to see you next week anyway. We can catch up then," He said.

"Okay, I'll let you know if the plans are done."

"I'll be expecting you here after a week? Are we clear?" I have never heard Michael be this demanding before. It's unusual yet refreshing to hear at the same time. What is wrong with me?

"Of course, Michael. I'll be there" I replied.

"You better be. Have a nice day, Mia. See you in a week." He said, pausing in silence as he wait for my reply.

"Have a good rest, Michael. See you." I said and hang up the phone as fast as I can. I tried to catch my breath a relax, comprehending the things that occured in that ten-minute phone call.

I leaned my hips against the kitchen counter, thinking of some strategy to juggle the work that I need to do for the week in order to fly out without leaving anything unattended. This is a client's wish, then it's my job to fulfill. Completely and utterly professional.

I went back to cleaning and organizing my apartment, picking up my clothes and other stuff that's randomly laying on the couch or on the floor. I also washed my dishes while thinking about what to cook for dinner.

Dinner went by and I gave up, deciding to just order a pizza. I got lazy to cook for my own and it's a chore to clean up after, something that my precious time for work can't afford.

I decided to rest early after finishing the sketches for Michael's main house and start working on the plans by Monday. I still have to inform Ace about my unexpected leave for next week. I hope he doesn't see this as an inconvenience. After all, this project is the biggest one we've ever handled, so we need to cater to the client the best way we can.

I hopped in the shower and got ready for bed. I slipped on some comfortable clothes and drifted to sleep, hoping that I can get as much rest as I can.

---

Monday rolled in and the first thing I did was to go to Mr. Cohen's office to file for a work leave. I asked him politely and he told that I'm free to leave for next week if I get the workload done for this week on time. He also said that Michael already called him, letting him know that I'll be with him for work and he agreed immediately. I was actually nervous that he might not grant Michael's request of me flying over to wherever he was since it only happens occasionally. I don't even have a clue where I would meet him. All he said was his plane would be ready for me.

I went over to Jaz's desk to tell her the news.

"Hey, Jaz. I have something to tell you" I approached her.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm gonna be gone next week," I told her.

"Where are you off to?" She asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. Mic-" Oh no I almost said his name. "Uhm-my client wants me to fly to check the sketches and plans. He still hasn't told me where yet," She squinted her eyes while looking at me, almost looking like I'm suspicious.

"So your client's name starts with an 'M'." She said as she wiggles her brows.

"That doesn't matter Jaz, what matter's now is my job." I chuckled.

"Okay well, you take care. Hit up my number if you need to talk," She replied.

"I'll surely do that," I answered. After that, I went back to my desk to get started on his plans. I'm not entirely sure where to start but I need to start now or I won't finish them in time. The only solid plan I have is to not mess this up.

---

A week flew by and just like that, I'm in front of my bed packing a small suitcase for this short business trip. I don't know how many days I'll be staying over to wherever but I'm packing three days' worth of clothes.

I zipped up my suitcase, looking all set and ready to go. I still have an hour left before my flight but knowing the traffic, I may have to leave earlier to arrive on time.

I exited my bedroom together with my suitcase and purse and grabbed the plans and sketches on my desk. I have separate storage for those so it won't get lost and misplaced. I put those in their respective places and heard a car honking outside my apartment. Michael told me that someone's going to pick me up so I don't need to bring my car. I contested at first, but him being him, he still insisted and I just agreed.

I hurriedly gathered all the things I needed, making sure everything is settled so I don't go home to a burnt apartment. I locked the door, checking it twice before making my way out. Steven, his bodyguard, is waiting outside the car he sent for me and politely carried my belongings in the trunk.

The car ride was surprisingly short and we arrived at the airport thirty minutes early. However, his plane is already waiting and some employees guided me through it and took my suitcase. It felt weird to not be treated like another regular passenger. I was never really used to being treated this way and somehow I felt special.

My feet graced the stairs of his breathtaking plane. What's even more breathtaking is the interior of it, and it doesn't look like a plane at all. It almost looks like a hotel suite, complete with a dining table, a sofa, and other unique amenities I haven't seen before. I got shy and embarrassed to even use a portion of this space because it's too gorgeous to even sit on. And knowing that this is Michael's made it a lot more intimidating.

The flight attendant ushered me to continue exploring the rest of the area as my feet were glued down near the entrance of the plane. She has a suppressed smile on her face, maybe because I'm amusing to see as my jaw is literally on the floor. I slowly walked, carefully stepping on the carpeted floor, clutching my purse and my work bag with me, and entered this majestic plane. I sat on the soft sofa and I swear I can just sleep all day here.

Realizing that I'm the only one boarding this plane, except for Steven and other cabin crews, the flight attendant spoke through the speakers, reminding us of safety precautions in case of turbulence or if we're in need of medical assistance. I sighed in relief as I heard that someone can help me if I needed one, but I mentally told myself that I won't and I would be completely fine.

The plane is slowly moving and in just minutes we're up in the air. I felt my eyelids get heavier each time we go up higher. The feeling of floating relaxed my state and I just leaned on the soft sofa. No one is near me anyway, just some cabin crews quietly passing by. Steven just walked past me, making his way to the back of the plane. Minutes later, I dozed off.

---

"You're really not afraid of heights" A voice echoed in my head. I still feel relaxed that I can't move my limbs. My eyes are still shut and I moved to a much more comfortable position. I got a hold of a blanket draped over me and snuggled on it.

"Mia, wake up, we're almost there" There's that voice again. Can this voice just shut up for a minute I'm having my well-deserved rest here? I felt someone shake me awake and my eyes began to open slowly. From what I can remember, I fell asleep sitting down with no blanket. But now, I'm laying down on the sofa, with a blanket over my body and a pillow on my head. When I tried to shot my eyes open, I saw the most gorgeous person ever. I thought I was only dreaming. I closed my eyes and then opened them again, to find that person still crouched down on the floor, shaking my arm awake.

"C'mon Mia, wake up we're gonna land soon," The person said. His silhouette is all I can see because of the dimmed lights but his beauty is radiating. And I knew exactly who he is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.5K 25
You think he's bad... but he claims to be dangerous. Whatever he said to you, keep it in the closet. Otherwise, all secrets and desires will seep out...
92.2K 3.3K 69
Bad era. -1987 ๐Ÿ”ฅ We were Both students at the University I was an Model and he was an Average guy who also got bullied for being lonely all the tim...
38.3K 2.3K 64
{ Highest Ranking tags: #2 mjfam #2 TheKingOfPop, #3 alcapone} โ€ข Won Best Alternative Universe FanFic in the 2020 MJFA'S BOOK ONE: He pounds his fi...
302K 10.8K 105
โญWinner of Best Romance in the MJFA'S 2020โญ โญ๏ธWon the Triumphant award in the MJFA'S 2022โญ๏ธ โš ๏ธ Copyright ยฉ 2019 by IntenseArt. This is an original st...