The Lady is Lost

By dezhaidley

Teen-friendly description here soon More

1
2
3
4
5

6

0 0 0
By dezhaidley

Luckily there were payphones lined up not far from where I stood. I walked over and lifted a heavy phonebook dangling by a chain and opened it. Looking at the Emergency Services section, my mind was busy sending all kinds of questions around itself, including: Should I just dial 911 or should I look for the nearest hospital. I decided that my predicament would probably better be addressed medically. While holding the book, I mentally noted the street signs at the intersection. I was at Young Street and Shepherd Avenue. I scanned the Hospital addresses looking for the words and found three. Two were on Young. But how near or far were they from where I was?

I didn't even hesitate tearing the page out. While doing it, I also damaged the book's title and crumpled a few sheets inside on purpose. If anyone had noticed me doing that, I didn't care. At least now the book was a self evident announcement that it was vandalised, incomplete with missing pages, and needed to be replaced by city staff soon.

Armed with info, I reached the corner of the street from where I could see up and down both Young and Shepherd in either direction as far as I could see. I tried to spot any signs of a hospital. When I didn't, I looked around to find anyone appropriate who'd fill me in with what I needed. There were a few utility workers fixing up something underground. But I instead walked into a bookstore.

A girl sat at the tiller. I asked her if there was a hospital nearby. She told me the Front General was the nearest she knew. I checked the page but it wasn't even one of the three I'd picked. I asked her for directions. It was a few subway stops away she said, but I told her if I could get a walking route that'd be fantastic.

Out on the street again, I began a walk down Young and according to the street signs, heading south. I was supposed to reach Front Street West then take right and go straight east a few blocks until I saw the big hospital building that I couldn't possibly miss.

As I brisk-walked, I realized it was already late afternoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 21.1K 89
Join the ride full of possessiveness, love,hate,pain,happiness,joy,rudeness.
14.4K 961 33
The transfer student couldn't me anything more special.But part of me want to help her.Why? Sooha thought to herself, she decided to help the new st...
563K 6.7K 26
Lost, Lose (Loose Trilogy #1) She's a girl of hope, Lisianthus Yvonne Vezina. A teen-year-old girl who focused on her goal... to strive. But everyth...
CONSUME By [ Mary ]

Mystery / Thriller

191K 5.9K 19
There's something odd about the town's most beloved police officer, he is utterly obsessed about a girl and will go to any lengths to have her.