XY XX

Por AmariOkito

Xenia N'Diaye is that girl, the one with the issues who majors in making the wrong decisions, especially thos... Mais

xxEvery WOMANxx
NEW DAWN
CHAPERONE
OPEN OFFICE
MUSICAL CHAIRS
MINION
NIGHTMARE
COFFEE MACHINE
TINA
STUNT WOMAN
LAWNMOWER
LIKE YOU
ALIBI
REMEDY
SECRET
HAIRDO
UNTOUCHABLE
MISCONCEPTION
HARDBALL
SNACK ATTACK
THE CASE OF THE EX
FEVER
MEDICINE
COINCIDENCE
DOOR TO DOOR
THE OATMEAL THEORY
DECENT PSYCHO
PLAGUE
THERE
QUESTION
JUST A DANCE
xyThe WEDDING
CARESS
MOM UNCHAINED
HEAVY
TOM AND JERRY
BEDTIME STORY
OASIS
TESTOSTERONE
JEALOUSY
SISTERS
GIRL TALK
NORMALITY
WHAT LOVERS DO
ROMANCE KNOT
D-DATE
CUSTODY
The KEEPER
ROLLAND GARROS
FEAR OF FALLING
LASAGNA ISSUE
CONFLICT
FEAR OF FLYING
NO PLAY
REASONS WHY
FOX
GARDENER
UNRAVEL
KNOTTED LIES
CHOP FOR CHANGE
NO THANK YOU
OPTION
BACK TO ONE
BOOK ME UP
VRAI FRIEND
LEAVING
Woo YOU
TROUBLEMAKER
DRAMA ZONE
ENTANGLED
BYE LOVE
RUNAWAY
CINDERELLA PART II
THE DEAL
RICH MAN'S WORLD
THE CONDITION
AFTERMATH
PHOBIA
SAD STORY
WAKE UP CALL
THE BET
THE MAN
ALL IS LOVE
BLUE
PRINCESS TALE
FAMILY
THE MOMENT
BIRTHS
xxBONUS: Phuket with love

ROSES

1.5K 144 67
Por AmariOkito

Mark waited and prayed for this moment all his life. He worked hard, and it was time for him to reap the fruits of his efforts. In front of his mirror, he mimicked facial expressions and handshakes.

"Mark, what's this?"

Mark turned to see what Sophia held and pursued to tie a knot in his necktie, "It's Sia's custody hearing."

"Don't tell me you did it?"

"We already talked about this; I said I'd do it."

Sophia stumped to his position and shook the papers in front of him, "Mark, you can't do this to Xenia."

"Why? I thought you understood me and that you were okay with this."

"I was, but you can't do this, not now."

Sophia chucked the papers on the table where she sat down and grasped her head with both hands.

"Why not now?" Mark approached. His fiancée's reaction was odd. The man believed he had her support, and now Sophia seemed to back down, "why not now, babe?"

"I'm pregnant, Mark," Sophia replied bluntly while her eyes roamed upon the custody papers. A short silence followed her remark before Mark revived.

"Sophia, we discussed this. I told you after the wedding and the Nova lab contract."

Sophia got up, "Mark, it's not something I control."

"I can't believe it. I'm not ready for this."

"Mark, what do you mean by you're not ready?" Sophia stared at the man as if she saw him for the first time," oh God, Xenia was right; you're a selfish, senseless fart."

Sophia headed to their bedroom and gathered a few clothes, which she shoved into her in her Monogram Keepall sixty travel bag.

"What are you doing?" Mark followed her.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm leaving."

Mark grasped her by the shoulders, "you can't, Sophia."

"I can't, you say, you are telling me you don't want a baby now, and I can't leave," Sophia shrugged off his hands.

"It's not that I don't want it, just it's not what I planned. Just wait a few months. I'll have the Nova Lab contract."

"Mark, what does it change whether it's now or in a few months? Why are you so methodical? You treat life and people as if there were stages to respect. Life doesn't have a manual; you just live it, Mark."

"Sophia, please don't leave."

"I need time to think, let go of my hand."

Sophia slipped on her Tory Burch ballerinas and left.

Mark didn't stay to ponder; he had another imperative.

XY XX

It took Mark four long years to get to this point, which he believed would be the most significant turning point of his businessman career. Mark wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers as he waited.

What was taking them so long? Mark thought as he checked his wristwatch once more. The door opened, and in came the man who held the future of Mark's start-up in his hands.

"What's this? Why are you here?"

"Good morning Mr. Philips. I'm here to show you Nova Labs' offer."

Mark stared at the man who came to sit across from him, "but you're an accountant at Astoria."

"Nova labs is part of Astoria's assets."

"It doesn't explain what an accountant is doing here? Where is the Nova Labs team?" Mark's gaze traveled to the door, which he expected to open, but no one came.

Gregory pushed forward a thick, stapled contract, "here's your deal with Nova labs."

Mark grabbed the contract and began to flick through.

"It's amazing it's far better than I imagined, wow," Mark exclaimed before regaining his composure.

Gregory sat poised, "as you can see, the offer is very generous. Nova Labs guarantees the development of the prototypes. You can have it all once you've read and signed this," Gregory slipped a three-page document across the table.

Mark picked up the document, "what's this?"

Gregory remained silent. He locked his hands together on the table and waited for Mark to check the new document.

"Wait, it's an agreement about Sia. What has Sia and Xenia got to do with the deal?"

Gregory gave his signature sardonic smile, "they have everything to do with the deal, Mr. Philips; without your signature on this paper, you can forget Nova Labs offer."

Mark cocked an eyebrow, "wait a minute, who are you?"

"I'm a man who hates to see a woman cry, especially when the shedding tears are those of my woman."

"What, don't tell me you are doing this for Xenia?"

"I'm doing this for both Sia and Xenia."

Mark grasped his head, sung backward in his chair, and chuckled, "man, it's Xenia. She just another woman, why the hassle?"

"I beg to differ with you; she isn't just any woman. I told you she is mine, and I won't let anyone hurt her in any way."

"You know, Xenia isn't a girl you win over. She looks weak, but she has claws. She's stubborn, and there's that crazy-ass temper of hers. Do you know why I left her? Xenia is self-sufficient; she doesn't need any man. You'll see in a few months she'll show you she doesn't need you."

"I don't need her to need me; I need her. Those claws of hers are what keeps me in check," Gregory replied.

"I guess it's true what they say another man's rubbish is another man's gold," Mark said with a smirk.

Gregory lifted an eyebrow; he was one minute away from knocking the living daylights of Mark, but he remained seated. Violence wouldn't get Mark's signature on the mediation.

The former military could torture Mark, though, and ask Jalia to give him a hand. Gregory chased away the thought, he was a civilian now, and he had to do things like an ordinary citizen who was not that average.

"Women are what we make of them, Mr. Philps. If I see Xenia or Sia cry because of you. I swear there won't be one place on earth where you'll be able to hide."

"Who the fuck you think you are? You come here talking like if you are a frigging Rothchild or in some mafia boss."

"Close but not close enough. You have no idea how I can affect your life."

"Are you threatening me, Mr.Accountant?" Mark asked.

"Listen, Mr. Philps; I don't have much time. Will you or will you not sign?"

"Answer me first, who are you?"

"I'm a gardener, Mr. Philps, a gardener who hates having people tread on his roses."

"Cut the shitty prose. I said, who the fuck are you?"

There was a knock on the door.

"Mr. Ashton, you are going to be late for your next appointment," the woman at the door said."

"Ashton, Ashton, you're English. You came to Astoria, which is being takenㅡ. Wait a minute, you areㅡ."

"Now you are aware, will you or won't you sign?"

Mark's eyes darted, "wait, just give me a sec, you can't beㅡ, you said you were an accountant."

"I said, that's all I did."

"Does Xenia know? I bet she doesn't. If she did, you wouldn't be smirking right now. That woman loathes men who lie."

"Mr. Philps, I'm sorry, times up, I have to leave," Gregory got up.

It was a big deal that guaranteed Mark's company survival, at least for the next five years. He couldn't pass it up, "wait, I'll sign, why her of all women?" Mark asked while he wrote.

Gregory smiled, "I like claws."

"You know Mr. account- I mean Mr.Ashton, Xeniaㅡ."

"Mr.Philps," Gregory interrupted, "you should be checking on your garden and your bed of roses. Women are what we make of them, their thorns and bitterness, we do that. We transform them for better or for worst."

"You love her, don't you?"

"Isn't it obvious," Gregory said as he walked to the door only to turn back on Mark to say, "goodbye, Mr. Philps. Oh, I almost forgot you have fifteen thousand euros leftover on the contract. Please make sure to transfer the money to Xenia's account. You owe her that and remember the deal you made today was only possible because of that woman. If it weren't for her, I would not have considered your project with Nova Lab. Never forget that, Mr. Philps."

Mark understood Gregory threw him pocket money.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

12.3M 449K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...
338K 11.7K 41
Angelina's life took a turn when she left her father's country for New York City because of a scholarship she received. With her drowning in her self...
519K 15.9K 59
AN OPPOSITES ATTRACT ROMANCE WITH BITE! **** 'Do you feel that? That's the sound of an alive heart. I don't know what it is about you, Candice, but s...
517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...