Back to Basics

By KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 40: Safely & Securely

3.2K 194 3
By KaylaWoods289

"I need you"

Nat stumbled to throw on sensible clothes while listening to her friend's broken voice through the phone. She stumbled a few times but didn't care. 

"Okay, I'm leaving now."

She didn't even hesitate when she heard Cass's plea. Whatever happened really shook her up and if Cass needed her, she was there. No questions asked. She spoke for a few more minutes to Cass trying to calm her before ending the call. She curses under her breath ready to murder who ever sent her into such turmoil. The ranch is blanketed in the darkness of the night with only the stars to light the grounds. She quickly grabs the few things she needs before making her way to her truck. She takes off and looks to Cassie and Keith's house. She slams on the breaks and runs up to the door knocking hard on it until it finally opens. Keith is wide away looking her over. 

"Talia, what is-"

"Cass needs us."

His face contorting into a different kind of worry. He locks his jaw nodding his head before running back into the house. Nat goes back to her truck and not even five minutes later, Keith is climbing in the passenger seat with a bag tossed in the back. She doesn't even think as she peels out of the driveway heading to her. She notices Keith is texting on his phone. He catches her looking and answers her unasked question. 

"Texting Darius to let him know we are leaving."

She nods her head recognizing the name. Darius is Keith's second hand man. "Text Miguel as well."

Keith nods and goes back to his phone placing it down before looking directly ahead. "What happened?"

"I don't know honestly. She called in tears from Jax' phone."

"Why did she call from-"

"I really don't know Keith... She said she needed me and that is all I needed to know."

"She could have called me." He mutters pitifully making Nat roll her eyes but not comment further. 

"It's a few hours drive if you want to go back to sleep."

"No, I will sleep when I see her."

Nat smiles gently at her brother. It's been clear for some time that the feelings run deep from both of them. She was happy for them both. Reaching over, she kicks on the radio. 

She was apparently transported to a hospital. The rumor going around is that he attacked her at her house.... Poor Cassie. 

Just like that she reached forward turning it up louder as both siblings grew unbearably more tense as the continued listening. 

Could you imagine what all she must have went through? For the last few months sooo many rumors flew around about her being in the wrong. That she ended things with him in a bitter manner BUT long and behold, the truth finally comes out. 

That's right! So now all the reports are stating that Landon left her and after her latest hits were released, he wanted to get back with her. She made it clear with that interview earlier that she was not having any of that though. 

Oh definitely! The radio hosts laugh together. The young beauty even said she would be with a WOMAN before going near him again... What a powerful way of shooting down ANY chance of a reconciliation. 

Well from what he have been informed. He wasn't taken it likely. He showed up at her home and a fight broke out. No other information has been released yet and no one has seen either party since the report broke. 

I just hope that Cassie is okay wherever she is. She is a very talented artist. 

Agreed. Now on to-

Nat cuts the stereo quickly checking her phone. Jax had sent her the address for where he took her. She types it in to GPS before looking over at Keith. His eyes were glued shut and his jaw locked looking like his was about to break something. She instantly reached over taking his fisted hand into her own making him open it long enough for her to grip it back. He took a deep breath before open his eyes. Nat continued glancing from the mostly empty road back to him. His eyes continued focused ahead. 

"She is not hospitalized Keith. She wouldn't have been able to call if she-"

"But you don't know if he harmed her or not."

That shut her up pretty quickly. She closed her mouth and just squeezed his hand that was gripping her own. Nothing else was said for some time. They pulled over for gas once before immediately getting back on the road. Both were on the edge of their seats as they finally arrived at the location. It took them to a condo where Nat could see a familiar car parked. She pulled in parking beside it and in an instant both siblings were out of the truck walking to the door. 

A door bell was there but Nat texted Jax instead not wanting to wake Cassie if she was asleep. A moment later the door was opened by a very sleepy Jackson. She hugged him instantly causing him to stumble slightly before grasping her. She pulled back looking up at him, "where is she?"

He nodded walking as Keith closed the door following silently. Nat glanced back to find a hard look set on his face. His eyes met hers and she narrowed them silently telling him to calm down. He took a deep breath trying to loosen his features but it didn't do much. Jackson opened a door and lying on the bed under a throw blanket laid Cass. Her body curled into a ball in the center. 

Nat instantly released herself from Jax going over to her. She climbed on the bed silently laying her body in front of Cass. Her eyes snapped open in alarm before relaxing at the familiar person. Her tears once again falling as Nat brought her into her chest holding her securely as she wept. No words exchanged as the blonde beauty let the weight of everything she had went through tonight finally fall away. 

Keith stood at the end of the bed watching as the woman he has come to fall so madly for crumbled and clung to his sister as a life line. He wanted to jump in but knew that Cass has always relied on Nat and that trust was there for security. He had to rationalize out that she needed her more than him... or at least that's what he thought.

"Nat, I want Keith"

His feet instantly moving before he climbed on the bed. Cass jumped from her chest looking behind her to find her dark haired cowboy. Her heart melting as she turned and koala bear wrapped her body around his. He laid flat as she laid on top clinging to him. Her face safely tucked into his neck. 

Nat watched as her best friend made herself disappear into the secure arms of her brother. She reached out to rub her back for a few minutes. Hearing her soft snores, she turns her attention finding a half asleep Jax slouched in the chair. She gets up from the bed before walking over to him. Her hand tugs his to get him to stand and leads him out of the room. She glances back as she closes the door finding her brother rotating them into a position where she is cocooned by him. 

Jackson takes her to his room where he unbuttons his shirt throwing it on the floor before climbing onto the bed and collapsing. Nat giggles gently before going over to him helping him to remove his slacks leaving him in his boxers. She removes her shoes and her own clothes before she is just in her panties and a t-shirt before climbing into bed. Jackson instinctively reaches out for her before settling her back to his front with him spooning her. His head coming to her neck taking a deep inhale. 

"I'm glad you are here love."

She rubs his arm that is around her waist tilting her head to kiss his cheek. "Me too Jax... me too."

The morning comes but the couples are still dead to the world. The morning light not even being able to drag them out of bed. It isn't until a very hard knock followed by a constant ringing over a door bell does everyone awaken. Jackson groans climbing out of the bed leaving his love behind. Looking down just now realizing he is only in boxers. He goes into his closet throwing on some sweats and plain shirt before jogging to the front door. 

He swings it open to find a paper thrusted into his face. A picture of Cassie and him standing outside the police station on the cover. The paper drops showing a well groomed but worried Tate. 

"You should have called"

That's all he says as he pushes his way in. Tate goes into the living room looking around. "She's still in bed."

"What on earth happened Jackson!?! You're supposed to protect her!" He roars out throwing the article on the coffee table. 

"He did"

Tate's eyes snapping to the archway where he finds three sets of eyes already looking at him. Cassie steps away from the siblings to Tate who instantly engulfs her in a bear hug. Keith looked on with a raised brow as he crossed his arms. The action not going unnoticed by Natalia who slapped his chest. She then stepped down walking over to the kitchen. Jackson furrowed his brow but didn't have a chance to follow her before Tate told them all to sit. 

"Now tell me what the hell happened last night??" His eyes drifting from the singer to the agent and then back. 

"Landon was waiting at her home when we arrived. He wouldn't leave and it got physical." Jackson answers looking at Tate. His eyes instantly going to Cassie. 

"Did he hurt you?"

She shook her head negatively. "Jackson practically beat him to death before the cops arrived."

"Who called?" Tate ask but neither of them could answer. "Okay what happened at the police station?"

Keith silent watches on standing next to Cass who is sitting on the couch with this unknown man. His hand going to her shoulder to hold it, her hand comes up to hold the hand placed there. Tate sees this before his eyes follow up to the dark haired man. 

"He was caught on tape confessing his abuse. We left being told they would be in contact."

"What abuse?" Tate says turning all his attention to the blonde beauty. She releases a shaky breath squeezing Keith's hand. 

"He uhm... He forced me a few times when I didn't want to."

"Oh Cassie-" She was lifted and sat back down on Keith's lap. His arms instantly coiling around her as she leaned against him for support. "Okay, who the hell are you?"

"Tate, this is my boyfriend, Keith Thornton. Keith this is the head of Marx Label, Tate Argen."

"Thornton? Would that be in relation to the spit fire I have learned so much about?" Tate asked still watching the man carefully. 

"He's my brother." 

All heads turn as Nat walks back in with a tray in hand. She sets it down on the coffee table before handing out cups to everyone. Each giving a small thank you to her. Last going to Jackson who has a smirk on his lips as he gently tugs Natalia onto his own lap. 

"So you're a cowboy?"

"So you're a big shot CEO?" Keith retorts back making Tate grin at him. Tate reaches his hand out towards Keith. 

"I like you already." Everyone begins sipping the steaming coffee before he continues. "Cassie... you know we are going to have to do some damage control."

"Yea... I know." Her voice sounding much softer. 

"What does she have to do?" Nat speaks up still sitting on Jackson's lap running her fingers through his hair absentmindedly. 

"An interview would be best." Tate says more to himself before turning to Cassie. "Anyone in particular?"

She just shrugs not caring. She wants to put this all behind her. A kiss to her neck makes her smile gently turning to Keith. His eyes seeming to warm her insides from just one look. She curled her arms around his neck hugging him tightly. His arms holding her just as securely. 

"I'll call and see. Will get this done with. Did the record get completed?"

"Partially." Jackson answers remembering they have 5 more songs to get recorded. 

"We need to have that done as soon as possible."

Jackson nods his head glancing at his client who right now doesn't seem to care and only wants to be remaining in Keith's arms. She turns eventually looking to Tate. 

"I want a break after this, don't forget."

"Absolutely... I understand Cassie. Finish the track. Due the small tour and then take some time off."

He stands and walks towards the door. Jackson follows to lead him out leaving everyone else in the living room. Small chatter being heard from the living room. Tate leans in close to Jackson. 

"Tell me you caused him pain."

Jackson grins in return, "Absolutely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1.1K 39
Elizabeth went through a tragic accident. Trying to be independent and doing everything she always did ended up being next to impossible. With her be...
2.3K 118 17
Dela left the small-town life for bigger and brighter things. When she is called back to that small town she is forced to make decisions she never th...
223 31 26
Jessie White isn't your average woman. She's a Southern woman. Some women at the age of twenty-four are still in college or starting a new job. Jessi...
1.8K 190 51
Love isn't about how much you say I LOVE YOU, but how much you prove that's true. Lydia Martin thought that life was closing on her, everything...