Undeniably Claimed

By KaylaWoods289

Luca Sanford has taken his rightful spot as head of Sanford Drake Inc. With his parents now retired, it's his... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet & Greet
Chapter 2: Lil Man & Mom
Chapter 3: Genius?
Chapter 4: Finding a Gem
Chapter 5: Encounter
Chapter 6: Meeting the Boss
Chapter 7: Deals
Chapter 8: Common Ground
Chapter 9: Talking to Jess
Chapter 10: Commanding the Room
Chapter 11: Mrs. Sanford
Chapter 12: Mr. Sanford
Chapter 13: No Return
Chapter 14: Cassidy
Chapter 15: Dinner
Chapter 16: Truth
Chapter 17: It's Time
Chapter 18: Job to Do
Chapter 19: Struggling
Chapter 20: Wine and Drama
Chapter 21: Time
Chapter 22: Glimpse
Chapter 23: Touches and Kisses
Chapter 24: Heat
Chapter 25: Claim
Chapter 26: Morning Delight
Chapter 27: Being Prepared
Chapter 28: Strength
Chapter 30: Good News
Chapter 31: Ours
Chapter 32: Lean on Me
Chapter 33: Godmother Cami
Chapter 34: Reactions
Chapter 35: Downside
Chapter 36: Tic Toc
Chapter 37: Discovery & Acceptance
Chapter 38: Dynamic Duo
Chapter 39: Getting Released
Chapter 40: Good Morning Indeed
Bonus Chapter: Brad & Jessica
Chapter 41: Restraints
Chapter 42: Full of Surprises
Chapter 43: Confrontation
Chapter 44: Darren
Chapter 45: Girls Night
Chapter 46: Ravishing
Chapter 47: Connection
Chapter 48: Job Offer
Chapter 49: Yi Peng
Chapter 50: Hornish
Chapter 51:Surprise Visit
Chapter 52: She is My Girl
Chapter 53: Sealing the Deal
Chapter 54:Giving the News
Chapter 55: The Family
Chapter 56: Reactions and Letters
Chapter 57: Fate
Chapter 58: Best "Man"
Chapter 59: It is Time
Chapter 60: Resolution
Chapter 61: Just the Beginning
Epilogue

Chapter 29: Day 1

33.8K 1.3K 46
By KaylaWoods289

"I'll be right back Ms. Andrews"

I smile a tight lip smile while allowing Luca to squeeze my hand. My eyes going over to his while his travel around the room. The white sterile room with very little comfort in it. We are currently located in a room on the third floor. It had a window allowing it's guest to look out beyond these four walls. The smell of sanitizer wafting in the air. A television playing some day time soap opera silently on in the corner of the room. A metal tray with a few things lying upon are laying in front of me. My eyes looking over them as memories flood back into my mind. 

"What is the doctor getting?" 

My eyes snap back into reality who was looking at the door. I shrug my arm making hand move in his own. His face coming back to me as I answer,  "probably a chart."

"How are you feeling? Did you sleep well?"

She chuckles gently nodding her head at him, "I am alright and yes... the better question is did you?"

"I have to admit, I have never known anyone who has undergone treatment. My nerves are slightly high."

I squeeze his hand trying to reassure him but in all truth my nerves were wired as well. The first time I was nervous for the unknown. Now it was as if I had to hope it won't be as bad as last time. Only time will tell but I can continue to hope. 

"If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. I don't mind."

He nodded his head gently before tugging her hand making her lean over in the chair they had her set up in. His lips giving her a gentle peck. He pulled away just enough for a breath before leaving a lingering kiss on her lips. The feeling calming her more than she cared to admit. He seemed to breathe in relief from the exchange as well. 

"Alright! Sorry about that Ms. Andrews."

They pull back to look at the doctor who has come in with a nurse on his tail. The woman giving a knowing smile to the pair who were to engrossed to capture their entrance. Luca pulled his chair impossibly closer to her chair holding her hand firmly in his own. The doctor sat down on the rolling chair and came to sit on the other side of Sophia with his nurse prepping everything around him on the IV stand. 

"What is that?" Sophia looks to see Luca pointing to the bags that were just placed up on the stand. The doctor turns to look as well before turning back to him. 

"It is called Vincristine. It's the-"

"It's the chemotherapy medicine." I finish recognizing the name. 

"That's right... The other bag is a saline bag. She will be given both bags. The second is just to keep her hydrated."

Luca nods his head still staring at the bags intently. Sophia just smiles small at him before looking back at the doctor who is still looking at her very worried boyfriend. "Do you have any questions Ms. Andrews?"

I shake my head negatively but turn to Luca. His icy blues still looking so far away. "Hey.."

His eyes snap to mine and I can visibly see the tension in him. I lean over kissing his cheek silently reassuring him it's okay. He sighs turning to the doctor. "How long will it take for the drip to finish?"

"Typically it takes about a half an hour but depending on how Ms. Andrews responds to it, we may slow it down to ease the pain."

"Pain?" He ask squeezing my hand unconsciously. My hand holding his tightly as I cup his cheek with my hand. 

"The medicine they give is just causes me to feel weak. It's okay Luca."

He still doesn't look convinced but nods regardless. I release my hand from his cheek straightening out my arm on the chair giving a nod to the doctor. The nurse hands him the blue band to tie around my upper arm causing the vein to become visible. I look straight ahead not wanting to watch however can see from the corner of my eye that Luca is watching everything they do. A cold wet feeling is circled to sterilize the spot before a prick occurs. He tapes it in place and releases the blue band from my arm. I relax my arm on the chair as he stands adjusting the drip before taking off his glove. 

"Alright Ms. Andrews, I will be back in 10 minutes to check on you. Press that button if you feel any discomfort before then."

I nod my head and he gestures for the nurse to follow him out. The door softly clicking shut behind them. My eyes close momentarily as my body slouches back in the chair. Feeling Luca's eyes studying my face, I whisper gently "quit staring Luca."

Feeling he hasn't stopped, I open my eyes turning to him. His hand still clinging onto my non IV arm. His eyes seem to be searching me for something. "Are you alright tesoro?"

I lean over the armrest kissing him gently. He grips the back of my neck not wanting to let go just yet. After a moment I pull back for some air and he relents letting me rest back in the chair. "Tell me about your family."

He looks into my eyes again nodding his head. "Well let's see you know that there is my father, mother and three siblings. I also have my aunt Cami and Uncle Theo. They are my godparents. I have two pairs of incredible grandparents. I have two other uncles. There is Chris and Nicholas."

I recognize a few of those names. "Nicholas, that was the one Cassidy mentioned last night right?"

He nods his head dropping his eyes to our interlaced hands. "Yeah... He-" Sophia waits seeing him struggle and finally understands. "He passed away pretty recently."

Sophia smiles sadly at him, "he meant a great deal to you."

He laughs remembering the three amigos that are his uncles. "Yea, he did... still does."

"Tell me a story about him."

"My uncles used to always fight over who was my favorite. Uncle Theo I have known the longest because he was friends with my dad. He was the funniest out of the three. My uncle Chris is my mother's brother. He is probably the most laid back out of the three but I rarely get to see him. He lives in New York." His eyes getting this far away look as if recalling all of them. Sophia was so engrossed in listening, she no longer could feel the sting from the medicine. 

"But Nicholas... ahh" he laughed a boisterous laugh while his eyes glazed over. "Nicholas was a soldier through in through."

"How long did he serve?"

"He served for over ten years before he met me. He became a sergeant during that time. Once I came into the picture, he actually decided to stay stationed at the local base helping train new recruits... Well at least for some time. He took me to the base and taught me how to use a gun and how to fight hand to hand." Sophia doesn't say anything letting him work through it with her silently comforting him. Her thumb rubbing over his hand in soothing manner. "After I graduated, he was requested to go over seas again. He couldn't exactly say no so he went."

"You don't have to-"

"He left promising me he would come back with some great stories for me. I told him that he was my favorite uncle and I can still remember the shit eat grin that lit up his face that day. He left with that smile walking on to a plane... It was the last time I got to see him alive."

He looks to Sophia and she can now see the deep pain in those glacier blues. She goes to move her IV arm again but winces and places it back down but leans forward pushing her forehead to his. His eyes closing allowing the tears to run down his cheek. She closes her eyes continuing to keep the connection to him. After a moment she finally decides to speak. 

"He would be so proud of you Luca." He chuckles shaking his head gently against hers but she squeezes hand. "He is watching over the man you have become and I will guarantee that he wouldn't change a thing about you."

"How can you be so sure?" His voice coming out like a mere child so unsure of himself. She pulls back opening her eyes meeting his red rimmed eyes. 

"Because I have fallen in love with the man that sits before me. He is strong, he cares deeply, and he loves his family dearly. You can't ask for anything more."

Sophia watches as his eyes widen at her confession. She had never openly said it but his eyes glistened but not due to the tears but from a spark she recognized. She had the same look every time he referred to her as his 'love'. He leaned over the armrest before standing up to slam his mouth against hers. His hands coming up to cup her face within his palms. The kiss started passionately and she slowed it down pushing all her feelings into it. He returned it without hesitation only pulling away when the last of breath left his lungs. 

"I love you Tesoro... with everything I have."

She smiled and felt her own tears coming down her cheek. His thumb brushing them away before pecking her again. 

The door to the room slides open and the doctor and nurse walk back in. "How are you feeling Ms. Andrews?"

"I'm good doctor." 

He walks over to the IV drip before checking the heart monitor marking down what he sees before finally meeting her gaze. "No current pain?"

"None." She answered truthfully. He appeared to be trying to find a hint of lie before finally nodding. 

"Alright then. Nurse Larson will be near by. I will be back in-" he checked his wrist watch. "about twenty minutes or so to change the drip over so we can get you out of here. Okay?"

"Okay" He gives them both a head nod before walking out. 

The door closes and Sophia turns her gaze back to Luca. His eyes shining at her with a warm smile on his lips. 

"I love you Luca"

"I love you too Tesoro." He grins for a moment before his hand runs over the bracelet on her wrist that was gifted to her yesterday. His gaze focusing on it momentarily before looking back up at her. "Now it's your turn love, tell me about your family."

"You've met all mine. It's just my sister Jessica and Destiny." She shrugs for a moment before her eyes go wide. "Oh, and Brad and Taylor of course."

He chuckles nodding in understanding. "How did you all meet?"

"Well I only met them when I came to work at your company. Taylor had apparently been hand selected by Jessica to be her assistant because she loved her 'no bullshit' attitude." She air quotes before continuing, "and Brad actually lived down the street. I don't know how long he's known Jess for but they seem really close."

"I have wondered if he was actually gay with how he acts towards her." 

Sophia laughs agreeing as she nods, "yea I thought that too but he has never actually made a move on her so I trust him."

"He seems to really care about her... and Destiny."

"Yea well, according to Jess they are two peas in a pod."

"Brad told me if he wasn't gay, he would have already married your sister."

"Really?!" She says wide eyed as Luca nods. 

"I have to admit I was jealous of the nickname he gave you to begin with."

She giggles slightly shaking her head. Such a possessive man. "You don't have to worry about him... or anyone else."

"Does that mean I was your first?"

Sophia goes wide eyed not expecting that question. His eyes watching for her answer intently. "Umm... no?"

He doesn't say anything for a moment. He noticed after their first time that she didn't bleed however she was super tight. In a way, he was actually hoping to be the only man. 

"I had been in Spain when I met someone. It was a bit of a drunken mistake but at the same time I didn't regret it. I wanted to finally be a kid and not be the girl that everyone walked on egg shells around. It was messy and all around awkward. The next morning, I left before he even woke up. Took the next plane out of there."

Luca laughed watching her facial expressions turn sour recalling the memory. His bad mood lifting as well. "Well mine was with a girl in high school. I thought I was madly in love with her... at least until after the fact and she told me she was going back to her ex."

"Ouch" Sophia winces in pain for him. He just nods his head laughing at his own teen self. 

"Yeah I was an idiot... but live and learn?"

"Live and learn." She repeats before looking back up at him, her fingers picking at the material of her pants. "Besides him, you are the only one."

Luca softens at her confession once again reaching for her hand. Her eyes finally meeting his. "I'm glad."

They continue talking about anything and everything for some time until Sophia begins feeling tired. Luca's eyes turning from the care free manner he had for some time to worry once again. The doctor and nurse come back in finishing the saline off and checking her over. Her body wanting to shut down and she knows it's only due to the medicine. She tries to remain as alert as possible not wanting to worry Luca further. 

The nurse helped set her next appointment before releasing them both. Sophia was practically sleep walking to the point she was leaning most her weight on Luca. He finally just picked her up bridal style walking her the remaining way to the car before depositing her gently. She was already asleep and his eyes couldn't tear away from her. He leaned over kissing her forehead tenderly for a moment. 

"I love you Sophia"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 51 27
・゜゜・✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ・゜゜・. TW: Suicidal MC, abuse, lots of angst, sensitive topics, eventual character death ✧ BAD GRAMMAR BECAUSE IT'S NOT BETA READ BY...
863K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...
18.1K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
362K 9.6K 37
(Original Version) My cousin and I are the only true bloods left in the Thanos Family. I'm eighteen now and my absent father decided to finally take...