| The Art Of Chase | KTH ✔️

By eatinsbub

"Stop chasing me." "Stop stopping me." ◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕ Kim Taehyung was living a pretty usual an... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1 :: Him
Chapter 2 :: Her
Chapter 3 :: Deal
Chapter 4 :: Last Hope
Chapter 5 :: The Marriage
Chapter 6 :: Bodyguards
Chapter 7 :: PD
Chapter 8 :: Morning
Chapter 9 :: Breakfast
Chapter 10 :: Money
Chapter 11 :: Pain
Chapter 13 :: Anger
Chapter 14 :: Beauty
Chapter 15 :: Party
Chapter 16 :: Boss
Chapter 17 :: Kiss
Chapter 18 :: Drunk
Chapter 19 :: Cheater
Chapter 20 :: Sorry
Chapter 21 :: Accident
Chapter 22 :: I am (NOT) fine
Chapter 23 :: The hug
Chapter 24 :: Sneak peak of her past
Chapter 25 :: I don't hate you, I dislike you.
Not an update but an update 🤠👌🏻
Chapter 26 :: Mimicry
Chapter 27 :: Tsundere
Chapter 28 :: Regrets
Chapter 29 :: Leading on
Chapter 30 :: No Tears
Chapter 31 :: Soft touches
Chapter 32 :: Confession
Chapter 33 :: Fear
Chapter 34 :: Worry
Chapter 35 :: Ex??
Part 36 :: Oppa
Part 37 :: Realisation
Part 38 :: One-sided
Part 39 :: I love you
Chapter 40 :: Difficult Love
Chapter 41 :: Broken Hearts
Chapter 42 :: Feelings
Chapter 43 :: Truth Untold
Chapter 44 :: The Betrayal
Chapter 45 :: She is here
Chapter 46 :: She Is Crazy
Chapter 47 :: Tearful Kisses
Chapter 48 :: The Chase is over?
Chapter 49 :: Seperation and Divorce
Chapter 50 :: Father-in-law
Chapter 51 :: Kidnap
Chapter 52 :: Two Days
Chapter 53 :: Love Only
Chapter 54 :: Again??
Last Chapter :: HEA
Epilogue 1

Chapter 12 :: Heartbeat

10.4K 842 161
By eatinsbub

"Party? What are you saying Hyung?!" Taehyung let out a frustrated breath at his elder brother. "You are in the business world Taehyung. You should know better." Namjoon sighed, leaning back on the armchair of Taehyung's office room.

"It's not like I had a love marriage or even a NORMAL marriage to start with, then why do I need to pretend to be happy and feed irritating mouths?" Taehyung whined. "Yaah! Taehyung! Hyung is right. You need to throw a reception party for your marriage to maintain your status in the corporate society." Jimin spoke with a boring voice, munching on an apple.

"Also, it is better to feed people with food instead of feeding them with rumors about your marital relationship." Namjoon reasoned out. "Look Taehyung, no matter what, you can't ignore the fact she is your wife." 

Taehyung audibly hissed at the mention of y/n. She has stuck on his throat like a thorn of a half eaten fish, neither getting gulped down and nor getting puked out. That's what he thought!

"And people, society, business delicates, the corporate world, media, everyone knows about your marriage...but in bits." Taehyung carefully listened to his elder brother and nodded his head.

"You will have to shut their mouth….but cordially." Taehyung sighed but still nodded his head in agreement. His brother wasn't wrong after all. Jimin, who was silently munching on his apple till now, let out a chortle. "What?" Taehyung turned his head towards his best friend.

"What's so funny?" Taehyung crooked his brows. "Hmm? Nothing much…" Jimin laughed. "I was just wondering that no matter how much you hate to be in this marriage, still you will be the one to throw the party and click lovey dovey pictures with your….WIFE….?" 

Taehyung gritted his teeths getting Jimin's taunts but a couple of seconds later he smiled at himself. "What?" Jimin raised his brow at him. "I was also wondering how she pointed out at your small fingers yet you will bring a present for her with those fingers only."

Jimin gave an unbelievable look to his best friend who smirked at his comeback while Namjoon shook his head, already irritated by the stupidity of his brothers.

||

Your POV :-

I looked at the lock that was hanging on the door, thinking of ways to get in. Looking around, I saw that no one was bothering to look behind the fence that surrounded the house and hence I did what I wanted to do.

One. Two. Three. BAM!

"Only three kicks? I expected better from you." I smirked, entering inside. Looking around, I saw a small living room, comfortable enough for two people.

Two people? But he leaves alone right?

And there went my search mission. I just wanted one clue for myself to know that he is one of them. I doubt him so much. My instincts are never wrong. They were never wrong in five years of my profession.

"Mam?" I halted from opening one of the drawers as I heard his voice. I was in his bedroom by now but why didn't I hear him come. I couldn't be so careless. Especially when I was at his place. "Did you break into my house?" He spoke further and I still didn't turn back.

I was waiting. I was waiting for him to take a step towards me which he did. Wrong move! I smirked seeing his bewildered expression when he blinked and was immediately knocked down on the floor beside the bed. He never expected this l guess.

"M-Mam" His voice was slurry. Of course it would be! His face was pressed down on the floor by the force of my hand and I saw his cheeks and forehead become red with the pressure while his hands and legs were knocked together behind him by me. "You thought you could act slick in front of me..?" I tilted my head while my teeths grinded against each other.

"Wh-What are you saying m-mam?" He huffed, trying hard to breath. "Oh cut the crap Choi Minho! You are not his bodyguard here and neither am I his wife….here." I was getting angry with each passing second while he continued to carry on with his act.

(If you all forgot who Choi Minho is, then refer to Chapter 6 :: Bodyguards, for better understanding)

"Mam tru-trust me. I do not understand what you are saying." This guy! He thinks he can convince me with his fake innocence. I sighed before holding him up by his collar and made him stand on his feet. His face was red by now, marred with worry and sweat but one thing that struck me was…..he didn't defend himself once. Not even when he is having the chance, now.

"Mam I don't know why you are doing this and who you actually are. But, I seriously didn't do anything to be treated this way." He spoke without any stuttering and I left his collar. "Your boss is Kang Heok Dwa. Isn't he?" I crossed my hands above my chest, analyzing him properly.

"Kang Heok Dwa? How d-do yo-" "You are or you aren't?" I was losing my patience with this guy now. "Of course not. I have been Taehyung sir's bodyguard for three years now. You can't blame me for being disloyal to him by calling me a man of his father's rival." 

I observed him closely. He didn't stutter once and neither did he blink. His voice raised a little and I understood it was because of anger of being addressed as disloyal. In all, he is clear.

"Forget everything that happened here." My voice was the same. Cold. "I might need you later so be attentive." He just blinked his eyes, staring at me with shock. I took that as an approval. "Mam." I stopped from walking as I was about to exit his room. "If you do not mind, can I ask you something?"

"You can't ask me who I am. Don't bother your brain." With that said, I walked out, mentally preparing for my next target. I have to find his men as soon as possible. They can be anywhere. Even very close to Taehyung.

||

Taehyung's POV :-

I rubbed my palms together creating some heat in between while doing something which I never thought of doing. I was waiting for her. Lee y/n. Huh! I gritted my teeths and let out a violent sigh but still paced to and fro in my room.

"I really need to set some house rules. It's already 10 pm and this woman is still outside. What does she think of this house? A hotel-" I stopped my blabbering while looking at my watch as I saw her standing on the threshold of my room, with her arms folded above her chest.

Her black one piece ended till her thighs while her black overcoat was now hanging around one of her shoulders, exposing her other shoulder. "You were looking so domestic while waiting up for me and scolding me mentally for coming home late. I am touched." She spoke with a straight face.

"You look anything but touched." I couldn't hold myself back from commenting. She chuckled and her head bent down a little, giving access to her hairs to come over her face. I blinked my eyes and gulped nervously. 

Uhhhh! Why the person I hate so much is this pretty?

I sighed again with frustration and she walked inside with a rare smile on her lips. Maybe now she is smiling genuinely and it's not one of her fake, tight smiles. "Did you eat?" She asked while placing her coat neatly on the couch. Yeah right! Good question.

You have fired every other cook and now I have no one except you to cook for me but still you have the audacity to ask me if I ate or not. What a vicious woman you are Lee y/n. I so wanted to yell at her but all that came out of my mouth was a little "Yes." 

She looked up at me with big eyes and that's when I noticed properly that she had dark, chocolate brown eyes. Her eyes were round, like a dove while the outer corners of her eyes were winged with black liner. Her eyelashes were thick on the upper lid and curled up-

WHAT THE HELL?

I blinked away from her. AGAIN!! NO!! I wanted to tear apart my hairs in frustration. Why did I have to look so deep into her eyes? That's not actually an ocean like the writers describe and I am definitely NOT going to drown into them. That's bullshit!

"You didn't eat, right?" She blinked once and I dared to look at her again only to regret it later. She smiled widely at me and her then big eyes disappeared, making an arc like the crescent of the moon while small wrinkles formed on the outer corner of her eyes.

My heart started thudding inside my chest with a rapid speed. Why is this happening to me? Her smile. She smiled at me. So warmly. But I didn't smile. I didn't feel like smiling at all. I just stood still, as if my hands and legs were frozen at its place.

She came towards me but I still stood frozen. Not moving a bit and anticipating her next move. She raised her hand and raised her body on her foot before placing her palm on my hairs. "I am sorry that you had to starve for me." My lips parted when she started stroking my hairs, as if compensating for not making me any food.

I gulped sensing the proximity between us and I was scared that she would hear my raged heartbeats if she came any closer. "W-What are you d-doing?" I wanted to push away her hand but I don't know, I didn't do it. I wanted to yell at her for touching me again, but I don't know, I didn't do it either.

"Nothing. It's just that you look cute." She smiled at me again and much to my relief but also sadness, she stopped patting me and left the room. I looked at the door through which she went out and blinked again before putting my hand over my chest, close to my heart.

"Will you calm down buddy? Or do you want to get out of here?" I murmured in frustration but took a while to come out of my daze. "She…" I touched my hair and ruffled them in frustration. "Yaah! How dare you touch me again without my permission?" I stormed out of the room and towards her.

______________________________________

Comment your thoughts, what do you think is going on?🤔
Also, who do you think will fall in love first?🥰
Or do you even think that they will ever fall in love?💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.4K 52
[Badly need to be Edited] [Under Editing] The man... Kim Taehyung... Who is scared of no one.. of nothing in this world.. but is now scared of his ow...
430K 12K 40
"Jungkook, I'm warning you...Don't dare to touch me...! " You half yelled at him. His smirkfull but handsome face right an inch toward you as his ho...
196K 10.8K 21
"I hate the ones who are weak and no one can be more weaker than you miss. y/n, so I hate you too" Only you know how strong you were to hide the life...
179K 5.2K 28
"Mr.kim I'm r-ready uhh for w-what you asked for, please leave my f-family" Saying with her head hung low. Ashamed! she feel ashamed of herself. neve...