Dissolve the Sky and Float Aw...

Tiger_Lily245

Staring through her window, all she can do is dream about the outside world. After being struck with scarlet... Еще

April 13th, 1964 - The Girl Who Can Only Dream
April 23rd, 1964 - The Girl Who Wished Upon A Star

April 8th, 1964 - The Girl Who Never Grows Up

10 1 0
Tiger_Lily245

Mother told me I was dangerous, I don't want to be dangerous. She told me that I would have to stay in my room. Tears were streaming down her face, I never wanted to make her cry. I needed to be brave for her. I told her I would be okay.

I gave her smiles and stayed back as she dried her tears. I went upstairs into my bedroom and crawled into bed. Mother left me with a journal and some pencils. My father dropped some tea on the table beside the journal. They would come in and remind me to stay in bed. I could never respond, my throat felt as if I had swallowed shards of glass.

Soon enough I couldn't leave my bed anyways, my body was always hot and my legs wouldn't respond. In bed, I stayed, staring at the expanse of London. I watched the way the sun slowly crawled across the sky as my mother told me stories of a boy who could fly.

His name was Peter Pan, and I dreamed he would take me away. Sweep me off my feet and fly me through the sky to an island without sickness or disease.

He would come into my room through the window when the moon was at its highest peak.

I looked out the window to see a silhouette hovering outside the window, a glowing light fluttering around it. I wanted to get up, but the covers were like a prison, trapping my legs beneath them. He's here, and I cannot let him in.

I could feel despair wrapping its claws around my heart. Until the lock clicked and the window slid open. The cold air gust into the room, chilling my skin.

"I've come to grant your wish," he said to me grinning openly.

He extended his hand to me. The green sleeve of his tunic covering his palm. Relief washed over me as I slipped my fingers under his sleeve and fit my hand in his. The callouses on his hand rubbing against my fingers.

It feels so real.

His playful voice echoed through the room, "As you know, my name is Peter," he pointed at the tiny glowing girl on his shoulder, "this is Tinkerbell, my sidekick!"

I gave him a small smile as Tinkerbell sprinkled pixie dust over my body, "my name is Bridgette," I say quietly, surprised to hear my own voice.

There was no slicing or stabbing in my throat. I tried to move my legs. I stared in wonder as they shifted beneath me. My body didn't feel hot or sweaty.

I looked back up at Peter and he tilted his head towards the window, "Shall we be on our way then?" he asked, smiling brightly.

I nodded, laughing softly, "yes, we shall," I said, earning a boisterous laugh from Peter.

That's when I felt it, the air around me became stronger as if lifting me out of bed. Laughs echoed around the room as I gripped Peter's hand and we flew out the window.

We flew over London, watching the sleeping city beneath us. With only the dim lights illuminating the cobblestone streets, the stars could shine brighter than before. The people in the streets getting smaller and smaller as we soared through the sky, leaving London behind.

Soaring through the sky, I felt like I was in a dream. The sky was so close, I could reach up and touch the clouds.

"They are really soft," Peter flips over to face me, his back facing the Earth, "the clouds."

My eyes widened as I saw him grab a handful of cloud, holding it gently. He moved to fly beside me, handing me the little cloud. Cautiously I take it in both my hands, I can't help but gasp. He's right! I've never felt anything so soft before!

I ran my fingers over the cloud, caressing the soft curls. Suddenly, Peter grabs my wrist gently and pulls, causing me to let go of the cloud. My laughs seemed to be absorbed by the sky as I watched the cloud float away.

"We are almost there!" Peter exclaimed, Tinkerbell fluttering around him excitedly.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, looking away from the sky to see where soaring over the ocean.

There was a moment of silence. Through the darkness, I could see the outline of an island. As we neared, lights began to flicker along the island. Like the stars of London in the sky; few and far between.

"Welcome to my home," Peter gestured at the island, "this is Neverland."

I gaped as both Peter and I descended onto the sandy beach, to be greeted by a group of children. A girl maybe two years older than myself stepped forward from the group. Her blonde curls bounced just above her shoulders, framing her round face, which wore a bright, welcoming, smile. It was evident by her pale blue dress and kind aura that she was none other than Wendy Darling. My mind was racing and I was starstruck.

"Hello! Welcome to Neverland!" she extends her hand out for me to shake it, "My name is Wendy!"

Her bright smile sent a jolt of warmth down my body. I sent her an equally big smile, unable to contain my excitement as I shook her hand.

"I'm Bridgette," I state, "it's nice to meet you, you're a bit of a legend back home."

She laughs and pulls me along the beach with the other children swarming around us. All the children bombarded me with questions all at once, which I tried to answer as many as I could. The sand felt soft on my feet and the air was buzzing with excitement I hadn't felt before. 

"How is London? I haven't seen it since 1911," Wendy asked curiously, "have you heard anything about my parents?"

"Your parents were heartbroken at first, they lost their beautiful children," I bit my lip, "last I heard they turned a hefty profit off the search campaign they set up for you."

Wendy scrunched up her nose, disgust written on her face, "those good for nothing-"

"London as a whole is quite the marvel though," I interjected trying to change the subject.

Wendy's disgust quickly melted away and was replaced by wonder. The last time she had seen London it was in turmoil, protests, and gun battles plagued the streets.

"It really is!" I nodded excitedly, "The cars come in so many different colours, and for some, even the roofs come off!"

Wendy's eyes sparkled, "you mean the roofs just pop right off!" she shook her head, "That just can't be right!"

"No, no, the roofs don't pop right off," I pause making a folding motion with my hands, "they fold back into the car!"

Wendy looked at me in wonder and we both started giggling. The other children looked at us confused.  It was a strange concept to think about, even though the children looked years younger than me, the truth was I was the youngest one here. Followed by Wendy, who was over fifty-years older than me.

I was just about to answer another one of the curious children's questions when there was a loud bang in the distance. Before anyone could react the ground beneath us shook and we were sprayed by a wave of sand. My body felt stuck in place, the ringing in my ears drowning out my thoughts. I was jerked out of my stunned state when Wendy grabbed my wrist and sprinted with me into the forest following the scattered children.

She was yelling something I couldn't distinguish around the ringing then suddenly, Peter's hand replaced Wendy's and I was flying again.

This flight was unlike travelling to the island, it was more urgent. I looked down to the beach, scanning the shoreline through my unruly brown curls. I noticed dark spheres settled in craters in the sand. Cannonballs, I thought in horror, I know exactly who sent those.

"Captain Hook," I say in horror and excitement.

"So you know him too?" Peter asked grinning.

"He is the villain in your stories," I call over the wind, "he is trying to capture the island from you."

"Good to know you're all caught up," Peter yells back impressed.

I look up at the sky to see the stars glimmering brighter than I have ever seen. The galaxy seemed to have exploded into a brilliance of colours. Soon I realized the sky was receding and I was wrapped in the scent of salt water. I tore my gaze away to see that we were getting farther away from the island and closer to a magnificent ship.

"Peter! Where are we going?" I exclaim already knowing the answer.

"Someone has to protect the island," Peter smirks deviously, "Wendy is busy with the children, and I could never have too much backup."

"Are you insane?" he's expecting me to fight? He's lost his mind.

He hands me a beautifully crafted sword, "only clinically," he winks and we dive towards the ship landing with a hollow thud onto the deck.

"Just trust yourself," was the last words we spoke as he charged at a pirate.

I watch him, yelling in protest. Then I'm cut off by a man about five times bigger than myself charging at me. Oh no.

I hold up the sword which both my hands, subconsciously widening my stance into one fit for fighting. He swings his sword down and I gracefully dodge it intercepting his blade with my own. I quickly twist and send him a couple steps backward, which gives me an opening. I take a graceful leap, the pixiedust allowing my to jump higher than before.

I make a slashing movement towards the pirates head and he brings his sword up to ward me off. The clang of our blades clashing together rang across the boat . I push all my weight down, but he quickly pushes me off. I retreat into the air before gracefully landing back onto the hard wood and getting back into my stance. How am I doing this? It feels so natural!

He charges at me again and I meet my sword with his and twist it effectively disarming him. Swift as the wind I jumped and rammed the hilt of my sword into his temple, landing gracefully as his unconscious body crumpled beside me.

"Oh my goodness!" I let out and excited squeal, "Did I just do that?"

"Bridgette watch out!" I turn around to see another pirate charging towards me.

The clashing of swords and heavy thud of bodies falling onto the deck filled the silent ocean, along with the occasional splash of pirates falling into the dark water below.

Energy buzzed through my veins as I knocked out pirate after pirate. My heart was racing at a mile a minute and my stomach was filled with butterflies that urged me to keep going. I felt strong, powerful, and alive. It was as if I was in a dream, or a trance.

I felled my last pirate, looking around wild-eyed for more enemies to see all the pirates unconscious on the deck. My eyes met Peter's who looked as excited as I felt. He raced towards me and we embraced out of excitement. He spun me once then put me down.

"I told you you could do it!" he exclaimed brightly, "How do you feel?"

"I feel alive!" I exclaim looking up to the cloudless sky, "I've never felt like this before."

A sad look passes over his face then the click of heels on wood gained both our attention. I look over to see a stunningly gorgeous woman standing on the top deck looking down at us. A devious smirk on her red painted lips.

"Well hello, Peter darling," she drawls running her hook hand down the wooden railing.

She walks down the stairs onto the lower deck and stands confidently in front of us, "Who is this adorable little princess?" she asks giving me a slow once over.

"A princess that will kick your butt!" I remark, feeling my blood boil, "My name is Bridgette Pierce."

"What a darling name," she says sweetly, "I'm Melissa, but you can call me Captain Hook."

I stand shocked for a moment linking together all the pieces, Captain Hook is a woman! I can't help but admire her strong, commanding aura. Mother always comments about how the world needs strong women.

I snap out of my trance as I watch the Captain detach the hook from the wrist and replace it with a long thin blade.

"Here's the deal Peter," the Captain barks startling both Peter and myself, "I fight Bridgette one on one, if she wins, I leave you alone for a while," she pauses moving her gaze from me to Peter, "If I win you hand over the island."

I feel my heart drop into my stomach, and my soul leave my body. There is no way he would-

"It's a deal!" he exclaims grinning.

I feel the blood drain out of my face, "PETER!" I screech horrified, "I can't fight her!"

He gives me a big smile and pushes me forward, "I know you can do it!"

I gulp and look at my opponent. She was the epitome of strength and power.

"Oh come now darling," she gestures me forward and lunges towards me.

She shoots towards me so fast I barely manage to block her strike, as she slices, half a lock of my hair falls to the ground. I look in her scarlet eyes to see this excitement and sadness. I knit my brows and manage to push her off me. Before I can recover she slashes at me again. I manage to parry and take the offensive.

It continued like that for a while, we would take turns parrying and taking the offensive. She flips back and stands a couple metres away.

"Let's stop playing around now," she grins and shoots right at me, "I'm tired of playing."

I gasp and dodge away, she swings her sword towards my side and I block it, leaving her side open. Now's my chance! I swing my leg around and my shin connects with her side, sending her sprawling to the deck.

I point my sword at her neck and she puts up her hands, "all right I concede, but next time I'll win Bridgette," she says grinning.

I lower my sword and Peter walks over to me grabbing my hand.

"I think it's time you get home," he said quietly, "until next time Cap! Don't forget to fish your men out of the ocean!"

"Until next time Peter," she waves, "goodbye Bridgette! I'm glad to have fought you! You are quite strong."

"It was nice to meet you Captain Hook," she say nodding.

"Please darling, call me Melissa," she smiles sweetly, I couldn't help but notice a hint of sadness in her voice.

Then I was flying through the sky back towards the island to say goodbye.

The moment I touched the ground I am folded in a tight embrace from Wendy.

"Hello Wendy, I just came to say goodbye before I return home," I say smiling.

"Oh Bridgette it was so nice to meet you!" she exclaimed her voice breaking.

"Don't cry Wendy, I'll make sure to come visit soon," I comfort her.

"I know you will Bridgette," she said more tears streaming down her face, "I'm certain you will be back very soon."

I nod smiling and Peter grabs my wrist, "It's time now Bridgette," he says softly.

We soared through the sky slowly, I ran my fingers through the clouds and watched as the stars slowly disappeared as the sun began to rise.

Quietly Peter and I slip into my bedroom window, I run my fingers over the lock of hair that was shorter than the others. I float over to my bed and slip under the covers.

"Thank you for the adventure Peter," I say smiling.

"It was my pleasure Bridgette," he smiles, "I can't wait for our next adventure," he states his smile faltering slightly.

"I look forward to it," I say opening my arms for one more hug.

He grins and embraces me one more time before disappearing into the night, closing and locking the window as he leaves. leaving me in my room staring out the window, watching the rising sun, and writing in my journal.

One day I'm going to become just like Peter. I'm going to fly in the clouds and help children fight disease and despair. Like Peter Pan, I'm going to become The Girl Who Never Grows Up.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

MOHABBAT-E-DIWAANGI Aanya_writess

Художественная проза

234K 17K 21
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
I Became The Youngest Member Of Top Idol charlolia

Художественная проза

307K 9.2K 78
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
The Rajputs brides mysteriousboxs

Художественная проза

34.2K 1.5K 43
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
THE BHANUSHALI HOUSEHOLD. idk

Художественная проза

372K 22.8K 38
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...