𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏�...

By Tavisshid

Katherine Forsythe has had a difficult life. Being abused for almost her whole life by her mother and her ste... More

Intro and Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Character Update
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
!Questions!
Chapter 22
!Answers!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Goodbye
Announcement
Bonus Chapter
New Book!!

Chapter 10

36.4K 830 320
By Tavisshid

TW- Bullying and use of ethnic slurs. I DO NOT CONDONE TO THIS BEHAVIOUR. Especially as an Indian I know how much words like this could hurt and I do not in any way support them.

I entered the cafeteria, and made my way to the lunch line. I got a slice of pizza and water bottle and went to sit on a table near the end of the end of the cafeteria. The food was a lot better than what they served at my previous school, but even if they served pizza which tasted like cardboard I still cherished it as it was the only food I could get besides eating at the night club a few times.

I had just taken out my book to read when I saw Elijah enter, you could easily see how uncomfortable he was after taking his lunch he looked around the cafeteria but since there were no free table he started going towards the exit. Oh, he is going to eat alone in the library isn't he. Wait. Why the hell am I so worried if he eats alone or not, I don't care about anyone so why am I so worried if smalls even has a friend or not. Wait . I already have a nickname for him?!

He made his way towards the exit and before I could second guess my decision, I grabbed Elijah's arm stopping him in his tracks. As he looks at me in a questioning look, I gesture to the seat in front of me. "Sit" I could see he was shocked by my offer and tried to resist telling me that he was fine.

But I wasn't stupid enough to believe and after I gave him one of my famous death stares he finally shut up and sat down in front of me. I kept on reading my book while taking small bites of the pizza and Elijah also kept to himself and ate in silence.

I don't really know what I was trying to achieve by having him sit with me, it was honestly an impulsive decision but I don't really regret it. Stealing a few glances at him I could tell he was comparatively more relaxed around me now than he was before. I suddenly got that feeling again from earlier. The feeling of wanting to protect him, I mean he was the same age as me and by looks he would look like the older brother but still felt this urge to want to protect him.

I heard Elijah's panicked voice calling to me.
"What is it?"
"Jennifer is heading towards our table and she does not look happy."
I didn't even need to ask him to know that Jennifer was probably this school's self proclaimed queen bee. A sadistic smirk made its way on to my face, I didn't look up yet. I was hoping to do one of those dramatic face reveals where I look up at the bitch in slow motion.

"Well then let her come."
"I would normally not get in between but given the information you told me about your brothers I am guessing you are not going to get physical?"

"Are my brothers here." I knew they weren't. "No, but" I cut him off with a sweet smile. "Well then what they don't know wouldn't hurt them. Besides I was bored by the assholes back home, so I think I would like someone who could put up a fight." Elijah looked like he wanted to say something but was deciding weather he would or shouldn't. I guess eventually he thought that he should because the next words had me even more excited to see that bitch....again.

"Katherine. She is the same Jennifer from back home. The one you gave a broken nose and jaw to."
He didn't get to continue as we heard the click of heels near our table. "Hi!" Jennifer's all to familiar voice spoke. I ignored her reading my book, she tried again but got the same result.

"Bitch I'm talking to you." She screeched while you could hear the snickers of her little minions, by now the whole cafe had gone quite probably looking towards us. Watching the new girl get picked on by the school's rich bitch. Oh, how wrong they are. I guess Elijah figured that I was getting agitated by the second and tried to diffuse the situation and probably trying to save the blonde bimbo's life.

"Hey, Jennifer she isn't really into talking to people."
"Oh shut the fuck up you Chinaman!" That did it. The bitch really had the audacity to call him that. I raised my head slightly. And I could see how Elijah's whole face fell, but he didn't retaliate. I knew he was the kind of guy who wouldn't fight back.

I could have waited a little longer but after what she said I was definitely going to explode. I lift my head up completely coming face to face with the blonde bimbo. "Hey Jennifer. Long time." Once she realises it's me her whole face pales. "K- Ka- Katherine?" She stuttered causing me to smirk.

I love the effect I have on people. I slowly got up from my seat and made my way towards her, standing close to her. I swear this girl literally bathes in perfume. "It's been a while since I saw words coming out of that mouth , last I remember it was blood."

"I didn't know you went to this school."
"Oh I just moved here. And so far my first day here has been pretty good and honestly I am not really in the mood to teach you a lesson right now, so why don't you act like a decent human and apologise to the boy." I say in a calm tone. I was feeling generous so I thought maybe give a chance.

"I- I am sorry." "Good. Now get the hell out of my face." I yelled at her and went back to my seat when one of Jennifer's minions decided to speak up.

"Seriously Jen, are you gonna let her talk to you like that? That bitch shouldn't scare you." I turn back towards her and with a sweet smile ask her. "And who might you be?"

"Someone who isn't fucking scared of you, you trashy whore." I simply smile, taking a step back from her, while she gloats in her temporary glory while I remove the rings from my left hand and add it to my right hand so all four of my fingers are covered in rings. And turn back around to face her flexing my hand.

And the next second the whole cafeteria erupted in a united gasp and a single shriek from the bitch on the floor clutching her jaw which was now broken. I never really went to far on school bullies but the girl really pushed my buttons, I look down at my hand to see my rings stained with her blood, I look up to see everyone staring at the scene in pure shock.

I kneel down to the minion who was sobbing on the ground while holding her broken jaw. Grabbing the collar of her top and make her face me, inching my face closer to her ear, I speak in a menacingly low voice. "You try something like that ever again I will give you something much. Much. Worse. To worry about."

Getting back up I face the other two. "Two out of three, I am really hoping I don't need to take on the third one to get you bitches to understand." I turn back to Elijah and tell him to get his food and bag and to follow me.

After a while of figuring out the way we reach the bleachers. Which was relatively empty with only a few kids scattered here and there. Elijah and I sit next to each other but none of us speaks. I don't start up a conversation and I am guessing he was too scared to speak up, I slightly frown at the thought of him being scared of me again.

God what is wrong with me, he isn't my little brother that I should be worried about what he thinks. I abruptly stand up, pick up my bag and start to make my way to class. But I am stopped by someone grabbing my wrist.

I look back to Elijah looking at me and standing up hastily. Debating weather he should speak or not.
Finally he lets out a sigh "Thank you. Really. You really didn't have to go against her but you did it anyway so thanks."

I just nod appreciatively and turn around again to walk away but am stopped again by his voice. "Why did you do that?"
"What?"
"Why did you go against her?"
"You heard her. What she did was way over the line. I maybe would have been more calm if she said you were a geek or something but, picking on you because you are Asian is just plain wrong. So someone had to teach her a lesson."
"That's not it." I look at him suspiciously. "I know there is some reason you helped me, I know you have this cold demeanour but you still help people. Even then you have never made an effort to actually sit by someone at lunch since the past two years when your friend left. So why are you making an effort with me."

If I am being honest I really didn't know, I just wanted to. But as much as I wanted to be nice to him I still wasn't ready to be vulnerable around him, I have enough experience to know how much a person can hide behind their innocent smiles. "I don't need to answer to you."

My wrist was again caught in his hand and this time I simply ripped it out of his gripped turned around, gripping his collar and pushed him up to a tree, my eyes locked with his in a strong glare. But to my surprise his expression didn't falter.

"You're not going to hurt me."
"Oh really! What makes you so sure?"
"Because if you wanted to. You would have done it the first time I stopped it." That was true. "You try to hide the fact that you have a heart and these idiots may believe you but I don't. Granted you aren't exactly a people person but you aren't a bad person either." I just stare at him trying to process what he just said.

The only thing going in my head is; is he right? Am I a not bad person? "So, you want to answer my first question?" Snapping me back to reality. I sigh letting him go.

"I don't know. I don't know why I feel like trying to keep you safe. I just do. Okay!" I try to explain. Looking back at him to see up him kind of taken aback. But he quickly recovers and nods.

"You have a phone?" He nods and I hold my hand out expectantly and he hands me his phone. I add my number. And give it back to him. "Anyone messes with you. Especially bitches like Jennifer you call me. Got it?" I say sternly.
"Yup totally. So... what are we like, friends?"
"I don't know man, I don't really do friends."
"Well believe it or not you are my first friend since second grade."
"You know what done we're friends, you happy."

To which Elijah excitedly nods with a big grin on his face. And I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling as well. With a last look I go back to class.

The other classes go relatively boring except for the fact that Ace happens to be in my math and geography class. Before the last period I was called to the front desk, my first thought was that someone ratted me out to the principal for the whole cafeteria fiasco but as it turns I just had to fill out my electives form, they gave me the form and told me I had a day to choose.

But it was pretty obvious, I straight away picked music and after scanning through my other options I realised that these don't have any boxing or gymnastics classes so I went with the next best option being art, I wouldn't say I was exceptional in art but I was not bad either. It was kind of a hobby.

Usually I only did it when things got really bad at home and I didn't have to energy to let it out by fighting, I let it out on paper.

After submitting my choices to the receptionist, she told me I would have elective classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

After making my way out of the office I started making my way towards my brother's car in the parking lot. I spotted Luca beside the car talking on the phone, I was walking towards him when I come to a stop abruptly, noticing what was on his chest, my eyes travelling to the side to see a sniper perfectly camouflaged in the crowd.

Luca was to invested in his phone to notice, and given my past experience I knew if I tried to warn him the sniper would shoot him instantly. Right now it looked like the guy was  trying set the aim. And the only rational solution to this problem in my head right now was to push him out of the way. So that is exactly what I did.

Dropping my bag beside me, I ran as fast as I could across the parking lot to Luca. I grabbed him by the shoulders, one hand going to his back and the other around his head in order to protect from getting shot anywhere near his brain, I pushed us behind the car, and fall over him.

"What the fuck are you-" he stops mid sentence as his eyes go from my face to my arm. And that's when I notice the pain, and look down to see blood. The bullet must have grazed my arm. I look back up to see Luca's confused and panicked state.

"Sniper" is all I say. I don't really know what to say right now. Someone just tried to fucking kill my brother. I so wanted to go after the guy but I know I couldn't in front of him.

Why the fuck would someone want to kill my brother.

Random pic of what I think Kate's rings would look like.
——————————————

Hey guys! I just want to start by saying thank you for 3K reads and the votes and comments. The interaction on this story has been increasing and that makes so happy. Especially reading the comments you guys leave.🥰🥰😘😘

I am sorry for the late update. I have my exams going on so it might not be regular, but I will get back on track soon. I will be uploading the next chapter as soon as possible. Also all the pictures I use are from Pinterest or Google. I do not own any of them.

Love you all!!💕💕✨✨

Do vote
Comment
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.5K 33
Anastasia had never had an easy life. Living with an abusive step father and an even worse mother, Anastasia had accepted the fact that her life woul...
610K 11.4K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...
330K 7K 52
She's an innocent girl who lived with her alcoholic abusive father. Her life was barley manageable, especially when she was separated from her biolog...