Career Choice || Hachiman x...

By ShitsAndOrGiggles

It is near graduation for Hachiman Hikigaya, Yukino Yukinoshita, and Yui Yuigahama. As they become young adul... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 44

2.4K 61 72
By ShitsAndOrGiggles

Me cry while writing this chapter 😢😭

_____________________________

"That should fix the oil leaking. Is that all I need to do, Yukino?"

My husband asked me.

His clothes were stained with dust and dirt from going under our family car. I told him that the oil was leaking and he should get it fix in an autoshop.

But he suggested that he would do it.

It's free, I guess.

But I was more concerned about the tool he used to lift up the car. I was scared that it might crush him.

"You're lucky to be alive. You were almost crushed by our car."

I took a second to calm down from what could have happened.

"Do you not trust your own husband with his profession?"

He seemed hurt.

"I don't trust those tools you used to lift the car. How are you even sure that they could lift it. And how do you have the guts to go under something that could potentially get you hurt or killed?"

I pointed at the 4 tools he used to lift up the car so he could get under it to change the oil filter.

"You mean the jack stands? Of course, I trust them. They can lift up to 2 tons. Though I don't trust them when they are lifting 5 tons."

Oh?

Maybe he can finally get a job as an autoshop worker.

"How do you even know all this stuff?"

"Just because I go to the military, doesn't mean I only know about guns and strategic battles. I learned how to fix armored vehicles, tanks, and such. It costs a lot of money. But it would cost less if you are able to fix it."

"It seems your brain has some use, and your body."

I covered my smirk with my hands, looking away to see his reaction.

"Are one of the uses being your husband? I recall you mentioning about how good looking my body is."

"Shut up! Shut up! I never said any of that. It was all a lie."

I refused, pouted, and shook my head to make him believe my words more.

But it was futile.

"How do I look right now? Your husband just got done with fixing a car? Isn't that masculinity at it's finest?"

I couldn't resist at this point. There were ups and downs about marrying this man. And right now, the ups are dominating the downs.

"Show me your masculinity tonight, and I'll give you an answer tomorrow morning."

I go back to the house, leaving him shocked and awestruck at my sudden boldness. He asked for it. He cannot complain about it.

There are many men that want to be with me.

It's just that Hachiman was the first and will be the only one.

"I recorded that!"

I run back to the garage to chase after him.

[ Hours Later.. ]

"Daddy, can you make scramble eggs for me?"

What did I just hear? My own daughter, Yuki, is asking for a plain average breakfast from my husband? This has taken a strange turn.

"Sure."

I watched them both as he grabs a pan and puts olive oil on it. And then Yuki sits on the chair to wait for her plate.

"Mommy, what are you staring at?"

Yuki's question caught me by surprise, snapping myself from staring at my husband cooking breakfast.

"Sorry, Yuki. It's just strange to see your father cooking a bland breakfast for you. It's almost... inhumane."

He took note of what I just said and looked back at me, his hands cracking the eggs and throwing it at the trash can perfectly.

"How is me giving my daughter food considered inhumane?"

"I'm guessing you don't know how to make omelette? Is that why you always make scrambled eggs?"

He stopped talking and focused more on cooking.

"Hachiman, you're supposed to crack it on a flat surface, not on an edge area."

I explained, putting my hands on my forehead as a sign of disappointment and frustration with a hint of laughter.

"I know. I know. I just think it's easier for me to crack eggs on an edge because I sometimes spill the egg on the floor if I do it on a flat surface. Besides, she still loves the food."

I look back at my daughter with a bit of surprise.

"Daddy said that scrambled eggs may taste plain but it gets the job done and makes you stronger."

Of course... This man will literally eat anything that says or involves protein. I won't be surprised if he has his own 'Hachiman Protein Shake Recipe'.

HRSP.

"Does he also make you drink a protein shake?"

"Nope."

"She's too young for that."

"At least you have some limits."

Yuki was already led to the belief that scrambled eggs tasted good. I didn't want use to drink an unhealthy drink when she's young.

"All done."

He finished the scrambled eggs and dumped it onto Yuki's plate, who ate as quick as possible.

"Slow down on the food, Yuki. You don't want to choke in the food. Though his food is already listed as a choke hazard. His scrambled eggs recipe should be only 18+."

"Oi, did you just sneak in a mature joke in front of our daughter?"

I look back at him with a small smile.

"You see what I mean, Yuki?"

Though of course, my daughter understood nothing about the situation now.

Hachiman only looked in shame before going back to laying around on the couch.

"I gotta go to the bathroom!"

Yuki declared out loud.

As a 5 year old, it was natural for her to act like this.

"Great job!"

I heard Hachiman from the living room.

I noticed that Yuki hadn't finished her scrambled eggs completely.

My curiosity loved the cat and I decided to try out how 'good' my husband's eggs were. I used the fork to grab a small amount.

...

"I'm back-.. My eggs are all gone!"

"What?!"

Hachiman reacted immediately as if his daughter was in danger. He rushed quickly to see that her plate was finished.

"I thought I had a little more scrambled eggs left..."

"Maybe you just ate so much of it, you forgot to realize that it was gone."

He laid his hands in her shoulder as a comfort.

"I'll eat more later. I'm going to go to my room."

Yuki forgot to put her dish inside the sink and ran to her room to play with her toys.

"Dammit, she forgot to pick up after herself."

I heard Hachiman whispered.

But then he took a small pause as he stared at the plate, and then gives me a good stare.

I didn't stare at him back, becoming extremely embarrassing and blushing simultaneously.

"Did you..."

Then he had the biggest grin all over his face, it rivaled Spongebob's expression when he found out that Squidward actually liked krabby patties, even though he showed an immense amount of hatred towards the junk food.

Yuki had been watching a lot of kid shows recently. And there was nothing for me to do but watch.

"You liked my-"

I put my index finger onto his lips to stop him from saying anything else.

"You'll taste the scrambled eggs tonight. If you shut that mouth right now."

He only nodded and went back to washing the dishes. If there was anything he agreed with. It would be able to have romantic moments with his beloved wife.

...

In the middle of the night, we were both breathless.

After doing it for 4 times, my stamina was clearly showing it's last amount by wrapping my arm around his chest.

"Are you sure it didn't wake up Yuki?"

I asked him.

"Probably not. Though Delta may have heard your screams- oof!"

I slammed by fist on his chest that I was just previously fiddling with.

"You... I can't believe you would say something like that!"

This man... This human that I married.

"Sorry. Sorry. I just wanted to get back at you when you embarrassed me in front of our daughter. You should at least be grateful I didn't say it in front of her."

"Alright. We're even now. Just don't say something like that ever again."

"Affirmative.."

A long silence played between the both of us. We had nothing to say as we were extremely exhausted from relieving ourselves.

But then I noticed what he had just said.

"Since when did you use my type of vocabulary? I thought you would stick to 'Yo' or 'Sup'."

"That's rude. As a soldier, I have to say more than just 'affirmative'. Like listing coordinates for air strikes, team member, and codes."

Oh?

So his brain is also good at something else once more? Should I test him a bit?

Probably not.

It'll hurt him for even attempting to remember.

"Hey... I noticed something strange, Hachiman."

"What is it?"

"Where is Delta? I haven't seen him at all today."

"Oh. Delta is doing his military service right now."

What?

I was never informed of this. And he didn't tell me at all?

"Wait, if Delta is at a different country.. Then are you supposed to be with him?"

I asked my husband.

He sat up like how a robot wakes up, and turns his face towards me, showing only an emotionless expression.

"That is because I am already there..."

Hachiman slowly faded away from my view.

"Hachiman!"

I sat up to find where he was at.

It was practically pitched dark.

Just a second ago, there was a small candle so we were able to at least see each other when we were having sexual intercourse.

But then I started hearing noises.

Loud noises.

And people shouting.

I noticed that I was wearing some clothes. Even though I was just naked a few seconds ago. I couldn't see what clothes I am wearing right now, I knew that these clothing were dirty and torn apart.

CRASH!

I hear a door being kicked down.

A bright light that took a shape of a rectangle makes me squint my eyes and cover it with my hands. My eyes weren't adjusted to the daylight.

Then I feel someone touching me as I struggle to break free.

"Calm down! Calm down! We're here to save you!"

A familiar voice that I immediately recognized called out to me. And my body just relaxed.

My eyes finally adjusted to the sheer amount of light. I look in shock to see what I had just witnessed.

"Hachiman?"

My husband was in a soldier outfit. Or what he calls it, 'combat uniform'.

He had a helmet, a backpack, a gun and many more on him. Even though he was practically naked like me a few seconds ago.

"How do you know my name? Never mind. My name is Staff Sergeant Hikigaya. You're safe. We're going to take you home."

Wait..

I was just home...

Was I somewhere else? Was I not even in Japan?

But something more shocking was the fact that Hachiman doesn't know who I am. That is impossible. We've known each other since high school. We've been married for 7 years.

"What is going on here? How do you not know who I am?"

"We don't have enough time. You're Yukinoshita Yukino, youngest daughter of the Yukinoshita family. You were kidnapped by a bunch of terrorist and used as a hostage so that the Prime Minister of Japan could surrender. I don't know how they would make that happen since it made your father sent troops to Afghanistan. Now I'm stuck here with my team to save you. Let's go!"

He helped me stand up and run out of the room that was once pitch black.

And then I had noticed that I was in Afghanistan. The place where recent wars were fought.

There were more soldiers like Hachiman who were crouching or prone to a wall.

"I got the hostage!"

He said to his soldiers.

They looked at me, as if they were inspecting, analyzing, and identifying if I was Yukinoshita Yukino.

"Alright, we need an extraction! Call in the Apaches!"

A fellow soldier said.

"No A-10?"

Another one added.

"Negative! We're too close for them to engage with the enemy!"

Crack!

I heard a crack noise.

Next thing I know, I was put to the ground as Hachiman covered me with his own body.

"Shit! That was incoming!"

He shouted.

This was an entirely different Hachiman that I was used to seeing.

I only saw the citizen side of Hachiman.

This was one of the rare times I saw the soldier side of him. And boy he likes to swear a lot.

"Look, Yukinoshita. You just stay in the ground here. Don't move or don't do anything. If you want to live to see your husband. Then do as I say."

I was married?

Weren't I married to you, Hachiman? And why was he calling me by my family name and not my first name? Were we not close?

Unless..

"Could you tell me who my husband is?"

"For Christ sakes! Your husband is-"

BOOM!

An explosion occurs 20 meters from us.

"Fuck! I'll tell who your husband is later! You must've hit your head or something and can't seem to remember. I'm gonna lay down some cover, guys!"

Hachiman got off of me and was loaded with a machine gun or some sort.

"They're at that house from 200 yards away!"

A soldier informs.

Ratatatatatatatatatata!!

I could only stare at Hachiman as he was in such focus and precision. He was definitely a different person. One that I haven't met.

I've met the high school Hachiman. I've met the adult Hachiman. But most certainly not the soldier Hachiman.

Shifting my focus onto the other soldiers who fought alongside him. I noticed one who was injured and had a bandage around his shoulder. His face was more pale than mine. He seemed to have lost a lot of blood.

"Jesus, that's a hot lady. Her husband must be a lucky man."

"Pfft. Her husband can't even help her fend off the people who took her hostage. I would've left my husband if I was in her situation, right, Staff Sergeant Hikigaya?"

There was no communication, just the sounds of explosions going off.

"Staff Sergeant?"

Hachiman didn't reply...

I turn to my right to see him laying on the floor, his machine gun dropped onto the floor with him. And below him was a large pool of blood slowly increasing.

My face watched in terror to see what just happened.

"Shit! Hikigaya's down! Corpsman!"

"Corpsman!"

"Ay, Corpsman! We got a man down!"

All the soldiers screamed out. Possibly for a medic.

I tried to reach out Hachiman with my hands, but they slowly stopped and recoiled away from it.

Hachiman wasn't responding.

Soon enough, the person they called 'Corpsman' arrived and checked Hachiman's pulse.

"He's gone."

No...

Not again.

He was already dead.

Did he just die again?

"Sniper must've gotten him. We need to get out of here! The chinook extraction is here!"

A fellow soldier grabs my arm and pulls me towards the landing helicopter or chinook they just said.

No..

I didn't want to go.

I didn't want to leave him there!

"We can't leave him there! We need to get him!"

I screamed out, resisting and attempting to break free of the soldier's grasp.

"Dammit, stay still! We need you alive or else we'll be shit on by the media!"

We need to give him a proper funeral! He always wanted a properly funeral. A funeral that every soldier gets.

If they get his body... they'll dismember him, disfigure him, making him unidentifiable..

BOOM!

Another explosion detonates.

The soldier's instantly got down and I noticed I was free from his grasp.

I ran away from him and towards Hachiman's body,

"Shit! What is she doing?! She's nuts! She's gonna get herself killed!"

I ignored the soldier's calls for me to run towards them.

I only stared at Hachiman's body. I dare not to see his lifeless face. It would break me beyond anything else.

"You didn't even tell me who my husband was..."

A tear had slipped out of my eyes.

And then I noticed that there was something in Hachiman's pocket. I grab whatever it was and took a good look at it.

A photo.

My eyes were wide in shock and my mouth slowly opened wide.

It was a family picture.

Hachiman with his daughter... the daughter looked like him...

The daughter looked like me as well.

There was a woman smiling right next to him.

That woman was me.. I was the one smiling right next to him as our daughter was being carried by Hachiman.

Hachiman was my husband.

Ka-click!

I hear metal noise right in front of me.

All I could see was the end hole of a gun.

Bang!

______________________

"No!"

I sat up as quick as I could, breathing really heavily.

"Mommy! You're awake!"

I hear my daughter's soft and innocent voice as she hugs me with all her might.

"What is going on? What happened?"

I asked her.

"You had a nightmare. You said something about daddy but I couldn't tell."

I was back in the real world?

It was all just a dream?

No...

What happened in my dream, was still the same as in the real world.

My husband, Hikigaya Hachiman, was killed.

And right now, they were receiving his body.

"What time is it?"

I asked my daughter.

"It's morning. I just woke up and ate breakfast. The breakfast in this secret building taste real good!"

"I see. Stay here while I go find your grandpa."

I exited the room and went to find my father.

I wanted to know if the operation was a success. If they were able to retrieve my husband's body. It hurts just saying 'body'.

But I don't know what to call it anymore.

Hachiman was gone. And now, his body is only what is left. It's like an empty shell.

"Yukino?"

I turn around and see my father.

"Father, was the operation a success? Did they find my husband?"

"Woah. Woah. Calm down. Yes, they were able to find him."

I was not relieved at all.

I was just... just glad.

There was no way I was relieved that my husband was dead. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. I'm just gonna stop commenting about this.

"Where is he? I want to see his body."

I want to see him one last time.

I don't care how bad it looks.

I just wanted to see my husband one more time. Before he gets put into a coffin and be buried 6 feet underground.

"Sure. He's at room 8."

My father was somewhat calm about this.

Then again, my father has dealt with lots of things. So I won't be surprised.

"Why is he in that room?"

"His wounds are being treated."

"You mean that they are trying to repair what looked like my husband? And please don't tell me now disfigured Hachiman's body looks. I don't want to imagine it."

"Nope. Right now, they are giving him stitches and plan to give him a prosthetic leg in the future."

"That is just too far-"

I stopped what I was going to say and stare at my father.

My father gave me a big smile and shed a tear on his cheeks.

My body moved on it's own. My body ran towards Room 8.

What lies behind Room 8.

It should change my entire future.

...

CRASH!

I opened the door loudly.

My breathing pace was haste as I ran quite far to Room 8.

But what I was staring at. It was all worth it. It was beyond worth it.

The person was laying on a hospital bed. His nostalgic rotten eyes stared right back at me. He had bandages and stitches on him.

And most importantly...

He was missing half of his left leg.

But the most significant part of this reunion.

Was that damn voice that called out my name.

A voice I never thought I would ever hear again.

A voice that told me what he could do to make up for it. And I only told him to leave until I found a reason to still love him again...

I covered my face to just hide all the emotions bursting out of me as I can hear myself crying.

I couldn't believe it...

"Yukino?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.9K 34
"You're the only person who hasn't changed." Yukinoshita's words echoed through my ears which have been deaf for my entire life. She exits the house...
61.1K 2K 18
"𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐨, 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐨, 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐨, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?" Yandere! Yugi Amane/Hanako-Kun X Fem! Reader Started: Wednesday, Mar. 17 202...
158K 4.3K 32
edited! All your life, you've been taught to fit in; to be ordinary. But you weren't ordinary, because you saw them. You saw the curses that littere...
41.4K 1.1K 26
High school isn't the easiest, but at least Himiko Yumeno can use her imagination to escape it. She wants to believe she has magic. She wants to beli...