Silk Touch | dreamwastaken

By saltinecrackers19

y/n is known to be quiet and shy, rarely talking to anyone. so what happens when she meets a boy at her workp... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
-note-
200k READS (and a note)
valentine's day special:
valentine's day gift

Chapter 22:

8.2K 146 271
By saltinecrackers19

A/N: there will be a TINY mature scene, but don't worry my innocent children, it won't be that long :) 

(sorry guys, not a dreamxreader scene 😔) (also, i need your guys' opinion: should i do smut...?)

the first thing i notice when i walk into the house is the music. the loud booming music that vibrates through my body and i look around. the house is filled with lights and massive crowds of people and i look in disbelief. how many friends does poppy have?

clay glances behind at me before he pulls me towards a spot where not a lot of people are hanging out. "so-." he starts but i strain forward since i can't hear him that well. "what?" "i said-." he tries again but i cup my head and beckon for him to lean down to my ear. clay lets out a small huff and leans down.

"so, is this the party poppy invited you to?"

"yeah... kinda thought it was going to be a chill one."

"keyword thought."

i let out a small giggle and clay leans back up, smiling. i look around before i spot poppy's eyes glancing around. i wave a bit and she comes rushing, hugging me. "HEY!" she exclaims loudly. i hug her back and smile widely. "HI!" 

"oh my god, i can't believe how gorgeous you look!" poppy gushes and i laugh. "thanks! you look gorgeous too!" poppy is wearing a black dress, with spaghetti straps. it compliments her curves and it fits nicely on her, rising up to her mid-thighs. "damn girl, where did you get this?" i ask her and poppy flips her hair. "oh, you know, just online shopping." i raise my eyebrows, surprised that she actually found a dress from the internet that fits perfectly.

clay clears his throat and i turn to him. "so i'm gonna get a drink. what do you want?" "i'll be fine with sprite," i tell him and poppy punches my arm. i turn back to her and watch in the corner of my eye as clay starts to leave. "a sprite?! girl i did not invite you to this party expecting you completely sober." i laugh and shake my head. "poppy, clay is going to get drunk and i will have to drive him home, trust me." "didn't you say he doesn't drink??" i pause and poppy raises an eyebrow.

we see clay make his way back, him holding a water bottle and a can of sprite. as soon as he hands the can to me, poppy snatches it. "i'm making you a drink, c'mon." i watch as she pulls on my arm. i throw a confused look at clay who only chuckles as he unscrews his bottle.

when we reach the kitchen, people are already making out on the dirty counters and poppy huffs. "CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF, GODDAMN!" she yells and everyone glances at her, apologetically. to my surprise, some start to clear random cups and trash, and poppy grabs a vodka bottle. "someone better not has chugged this straight out of the bottle or else i'm smashing it over their head." she mutters and i watch, a bit worried. who struck her nerve?

she mixes the vodka and sprite, adding a small lime in the edge of the cup. she hands me the cup and i look at her hesitantly. "try it." poppy encourages and i sigh before taking a sip. the sharp flavor makes me instantly want to spit it out but i swallow it.

the familiar sprite taste makes it less hard to drink it and poppy looks at me eagerly. "so..?" "it tastes like sh!t, but not as bad." i deadpan and watch poppy narrow her eyes at me. "fine, be a wimp and drink that sprite." i laugh at her reaction and she rolls her eyes, although she smiles. "if you're not going to drink it, i will." "i'll drink it, but i'm not getting another one." poppy only shrugs before a girl taps her shoulder. i see them hug and i notice that they look awfully similar. "oh, y/n, this is my older sister." 

i look at the girl and i smile, handing out my hand. "hi!" "hello! it's so nice to meet you!" i hear the sweetness coming from her and it makes me feel happy. poppy's older sister already gives off good vibes. we chat for a moment longer before poppy drags her sister somewhere. i head back to clay and see a girl talking with him.

i stay back, watching. what is she doing?

the girl ruffles her hair and takes a sip out of her drink. clay only nods his head and slightly smiles. the girl gently bites her lip as clay is talking and he points to a direction. before the girl can speak again, a few of her friends drag her away, cheering. clay lets out an exhale and i rush to him. "what was that..?" i ask him, and his head snaps to me. "what?" "what was that girl doing?" i ask him, jealously clear in my tone. "i- i don't know, she was just talking to me out of nowhere." clay explains and i nod, taking a sip of my burning drink.

"okay..." i say and trail off. clay leans down and kisses the top of my head. "don't be jealous, i can hear it." i scoff and look up at him. "i'm- i'm not jealous." i say, clearly not convincing him. "mhm." he says and i point to a bottle of alcohol at the kitchen. "you should drink you know." i tell him and clay shrugs. "not really a drinker." "i'm not one too and you see me holding... vodka and sprite," i tell him and he looks inside my drink.

"that's vodka and sprite?" "yeah. wanna try?" clay thinks for a second before nodding yes and reaching to the cup. i watch as he takes an unsure sip before he hands me the drink, his face completely calm. he swallows and i watch as his adam apple bobs. "it's a bit... sweet. it's okay." he finally says and i watch him with an awed expression.

clay looks at me, quizzically. "what?" "how did you- you just- wait... what?! how did you drink that so calmly?" i stammer, still in disbelief. clay laughs and glances away. "i don't know...? i just swallow normally?" i shake my head, taking a sip myself and i can't help my scrunched face. i'll get used to it... i hope.

clay stifles a laugh as he studies my face. when i finally swallow, i shake my head and sigh. "that- it's good but i've never tried this before." i give my opinion, and clay hums. we watch the rest of the party, dancing and chatting as the music blasts through our ears. as i'm close to finishing the drink, the effects of the alcohol start to appear and by the time i'm finished, i'm laughing at every little thing. i even ask poppy for one more, which i finish pretty quickly. clay is watching, keeping me from going crazy. 

the song that's been blasting changes, and i look at clay with a mischievous look. clay thinks for a sec, trying to remember what song it is. the house is filled with loud cheering and whoops. i set my cup down and i go closer to clay, who is looking at me a bit confused. "streets by doja cat." i tell him and he looks down at me in realization as the beat drops.

the lights in the house turn red at the same time and i can hear poppy's thrilled shouting. clay looks down at me, his eyes are beautifully bright. i stand on my toes and i drag my lips on his neck, feeling a surge of adrenaline and excitement shock me. i hear him let out a breath and i whisper. "didn't you say you were gonna ask me a question?"

the room seems numb and i cancel out all the other voices, keeping clay and i's and the music in the background. "wha- what?" "you texted me you had a question to ask," i murmur and softly kiss his neck, letting the alcohol take over me. 

"oh- about that..." clay mutters and i hear him sigh as i press harder. "about what?" "y/n... i can't ask you like this if you're drunk," he says and i pull away. his hands fly to my waist and he tries to pull me back as i cup his face with both of my hands. i look up at him, confusion in my face. "ask it."

clay pauses and he leans close to me, butterflies erupting. "are you sure?" he asks, low and i swallow nervously before nodding, smiling. clay looks into my eyes and he pulls us close, moving to my ear. 

"will you be my girlfriend?"

the words shock me, thoughts running wild as i try and process it. finally. he finally said it after all this time. the feeling inside me erupts and i laugh. that one moment where sapnap had asked clay about it comes rushing to me and it's like a dream came true (PUN NOT INTENDED LMAO). i nod yes multiple times and clay smiles, pressing his lips to mine. i kiss him back, passionately. clay presses in further, his tongue slipping inside my mouth.

i immediately sigh and i reach up to tug his hair. clay smiles against the kiss and we stop as the song finally ends. we pull away, catching our breaths. i smile wider and we hug, his hand going to press my head into his chest. 

poppy cheers and whoops, the rest of the crowd following. she starts up another song, its familiar tunes filling the house. my eyes brighten and clay starts to laugh. 

"oh sh!t, you live in the canyon, how big is your mansion?"

the whole entire house erupts as voices try to sing along. i laugh and i pull on clay's arm to extend him. "c'mon, let's dance!" i try to encourage but clay shakes his head. i can see a stupid grin trying to form on his lips but he turns serious. 

i shrug and pull away, dragging my hands up against the side of my body, lip-syncing to the lyrics.

"fresh out of school, now you working and focusing on fashion."

i feel clay's eyes hot on my body and i'm too intoxicated to be embarrassed.

"pretty girl and you let go, got time but you goat goals."

i watch as clay opens his mouth and exhales, but i don't stop. i smile mischievously up at him before swiping my thumb on my lip. i watch as his pupils dilate in the brightly lit room, which gives me confidence.

"hey, baby waste your time with me in california."

clay lets out a groan and he rushes forward, his hands landing on my waist. "you owe me for this." he mumbles in my ear before pulling back and dancing with me. i turn around and lean on him, starting to feel slightly dizzy. man, i have such a low alcohol tolerance.

"la la la la la, now we at the same house party."

i hum to the music and clay chuckles. i accidentally grind on him and i hear the inhale and i grin, looking up. clay looks down and his brows are knit together. my hands land on his arms, which are resting on my waist. "careful." i breathed out and clay grumbles. "you be careful."

throughout the whole entire time, clay and i dance weirdly, laughing at each other and when the song ends, poppy plays a song before coming over to me. clay has stopped to take a sip of his drink and poppy takes the opportunity to whisper into my ear quickly. "2 doors on the left is a guest room if you need some privacy." poppy informs me and winks, smiling before she vanishes inside the crowd. i stare at where she was, shock and surprise flowing through me.

did she just offer a room for clay and i to have... oh wow.

i turn back to clay and smile. "there's a room." i simply say and clay cocks his head. "what..?" "if you need to talk to me privately, 2nd door to the left is free," i say, grabbing his water to chug it down. clay is staring at me, thinking before he nods simply. "okay." i glance at him, waiting for something, but he doesn't say anything else.

i scoff and look at him. "you're supposed to say something..." "like what?" clay asks, and i stare at him, trying to decide if he is actually serious. i watch as his eyes shift into humor for a split second and i huff. "what? tell me." he's making me say it? really?

i sigh and pause before grabbing his shirt to pull us closer. i lean into his ear and speak. "you're supposed to ask if i wanted to go over there right now idiot." clay chuckles. "to do what?" i push his chest and i storm off, my mind completely fuzzy. what am i doing? why am i walking away? is it because clay likes to tease to the point where i actually walk away? maybe...

before i can make it past a few feet, i feel a hand grab my arm and i spin around watching as clay leads me to the room. i swallow, realizing that maybe it's happening. clay opens the wrong door, revealing a couple sprawled out on the bed, completely naked. their moans are loud and none of them notices as clay immediately slams the door shut. he opens the right door this time and i see the bed and dresser, empty since it's a guest bedroom. he shuts the door and locks it.

i watch as his fingers linger onto the lock before they slip off. oh no. maybe i shouldn't have told him. actually, maybe i should have. i'm kinda glad i did. well, no, now i'm doubting myself and i don't think i can actually do this. i watch as clay's gaze travel from the door over to me, his eyes vivid in the dark.

the moon shines through the window, barely lighting the room. i watch as he walks over to the nightstand and tugs on a lamp, lighting the room up. i must have looked worried or anxious because clay comes over and holds me close, his eyes comforting. "we don't have to do this if you don't want to." he assures and i inhale shakily before nodding. "we can."

B!TCH NO WE CAN'T!

um, yes we can. just muster all that self-confidence and strut that runway.

THE ONLY RUNWAY YOU'RE STRUTTING IS CALLED F!CKING PSYCHO?!

i'm not psycho. i'm ready. i love clay.

i know you love him, but you're going to regret this. you're drunk. he's not. will you even remember this?

i know i'm drunk, i'm the one drinking idiot. and if i do forget this, at least i did it in my happiness stage.

i feel him lean us on the bed and i watch as his eyes flit all over me. i can practically count the number of eyelashes on his eyes. he starts off by nudging his nose with mine before kissing me softly. i kiss him back and i feel him get rougher by the second.

soon, the room is filled with nothing but the sounds of our heavy breathing. i pull away and he kisses my neck, gently leaving a bruise. well, guess i'll have to cover that one up. i feel his hands rest on my hips, close to my thighs and i close them instinctively.

i thread my fingers through his hair and i close my eyes. thoughts are swarming my head as we continue, his breath hot on my skin.

please don't let this be a moment i regret.

A/N: idk why i've been feeling like doing cliffhangers recently :P IT JUST KEEPS YOU GUYS ON YOUR TOES THOUGH :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570K 15.6K 30
Next person after next, waiting for my shift to end. I call the next person in line over to me and start with my normal greeting as well as "do you h...
63.9K 715 23
COMPLETED. ( ♡ ) ≡ DESCRIPTION ... ❛ :: [ Bloody surprise like cherry pie, ] ❛ :: [ Will not write about Tubbo, Tommy, Technoblade, Philza, Ranb...
37.9K 1.2K 10
Woooah -- X Reader with no ships! My name is (Y/N) (L/N), or Skelpie on Twitch. I'm a decently popular streamer with no connections to the Minecraft...
83K 3.8K 24
Clay has autism and finds comfort in simple things, the illuminated a fireplace on a winter's night, fish swimming and stuffed animals. However, this...