๐‘๐Ž๐†๐”๐„ โ†’ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐ ๐ƒ๐‰๐€๐‘๏ฟฝ...

By mss_fantasy5

โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ * ๐‘๐Ž๐†๐”๐„ โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ * ( ๐™ณ๐™ธ๐™ฝ ๐™ณ๐™น๐™ฐ๐š๐™ธ๐™ฝ ) โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก โ–ฌโ–ฌ a jedi and a m... More

๐‘๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
PROLOGUE
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ-๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

โ–น ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ

18.6K 487 383
By mss_fantasy5

⌜                       ⌝

CHAPTER ONE 

⌞                       ⌟

THE cold wind blew her red hair into her face, making Artemis take a head band to tie her hair together. She and Din had land on the ice planet Maldo Kreis, and to say it was cold would be an understatement.

"We're almost there," Din said softly, going up and down with his hand on her back to try and warm her. "It's just over there." He nodded at the cantina.

Artemis straightened her back. "I'm fine, I have dealt with worse."

Sadly that was true.

Din glanced at her but nodded. She hadn't told him much about her background. He didn't even know she was a Jedi. In return for not asking after that, she'd promised him she'd never question him about his helmet.

The two of them entered the cantina, making everyone turn to look at them. Artemis knew a Mandalorian always brought a lot of attention but she started to not care anymore. The two of them walked over towards the bar and Din ordered something hot for her to drink while she just casually leant against the bar, observing the people around them in disinterest.

"You know what?" Artemis began quietly. "I'm feeling generous today so I'll let you have the honor for this one."

She could just feel how he rolled his eyes under his helmet.

"How generous of you."

The bartender gave her a bowl of soup and Artemis nodded in thanks, slipping over some credits as payment.

A man started yelling at them, but neither Artemis nor Din looked up.

"He said you spilled his drink," the bartender told Din.

"Oh, he's aware of that," Artemis replied, bowing over her bowl of soup, not bothering to look up at the bartender. "I'm heading towards one of the boots, you do your thing."

Without waiting for a reply, Artemis took her bowl of soup and made her way to an empty boot. She sat down, knowing that Din would have everything under control, and started eating. The soup tasted just like the ones in Coruscant and with pain in the heart, she remembered one of the times she, Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan went to eat it in one of the restaurants.

That was a long time ago.

She looked up and she watched Din fight with the men. Artemis had been fighting half her life in wars and sometimes, she was tired of it. She was thrown into the Clone Wars at the mere age of fourteen as Padawan to Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Oh, those were the good times.

After Order 66, she and her master had hidden away in the desert of Tatooine, keeping an eye out for Luke, Anakin's son. It wasn't until he was nineteen, that her second war started, soon followed by the dead of her beloved master.

Artemis closed her eyes, banning the memory from her mind. She didn't want to relive it. One time had been enough.

She had been in war two times. In the first one, she had been a commander; in the second one, a general. And now, she was just a Jedi.

The red head continued her soup and finished it around the same time Din cuffed his bounty, a blue-skinned Mythrol man.

"I see you didn't waist any time," Artemis said, standing up, taking her empty bowl and putting it on the bar before following her friend outside.

Din huffed. "I never do."

Artemis pulled her hood further over her head as she was once again met with the icy wind.

"I hate this planet," she muttered. "Nothing here but ice. Even Hoth is better. At least you have snow there."

Din looked over his shoulder to her, indicating he had heard her, and Artemis could feel his amusement.

"Are you so desperate to make a snowman?" he said, sounding too amused for his own good.

Artemis narrowed her eyes, shielding them from the wind. "I've never built one so I don't know."

Din hummed and looked back forward, dragging the Mythrol man along with him.

"I need passage to the yards," Din said to the Kubaz ferryman.

The ferryman started playing his flute, summoning a landspeeder piloted by an astromech droid. Artemis sighed, already knowing what her friend would say about this.

"No droids," Din said, taking a glance at the droid.

"I assure you; this speeder is a brand new. It's the latest model," the ferryman tried, but Din cut him off by throwing him some credits. "At your pleasure," the ferryman added, before playing his flute once again. The landspeeder with the droid moved on and in came a landspeeder piloted by a bearded man.

"Where to?" the driver asked.

Artemis grabbed the arm of the Mythrol and dragged him with her towards the backseats. Din took his place next to the driver up front, but not before giving her a short glance.

The speeder raced over the icy surface and Artemis pulled her cloak closer, trying to keep as much warmth as possible. In times like this, she was jealous of Din's thick armor.

The bearded driver scanned the horizon with his macrobinoculars, making the Mythrol man next to Artemis shuffle nervously.

"You know what he's looking for?" he questioned the woman next to him. "You're looking for Ravinaks, right?" he added, more loudly so that the driver could hear him.

"It's clear right now," the driver assured him. "But be careful near the port. Everyone dumps their Gray Holds out. They think the whole entire planet is their own personal stink pit."

Artemis raised an eyebrow but did not reply. Instead, her green eyes wandered their surroundings while her hands were on the hilts of her lighsabers, ready to draw them out at any moment.

The Razor Crest came into view, making Artemis relax slightly.

"Here you are," the driver said, stopping the speeder.

"You're kidding me, right?" The Mythrol man questioned Artemis.

"Get out," Din said, pushing himself up and jumping over the side of the speeder. He turned around, offering Artemis his hand, but she had already leaped out of the speeder. She gave him a small smile before turning around and pulling the Mythrol man off the speeder.

"I'll hire us a Livery Cruiser," the latter was saying. "No big deal. It won't come out of your end. I'll pay for it. I'm just trying to make it pleasant."

"It's not working," Artemis told him, not bothering to look at him as she watched the hatch lower. However, a sound behind her made her look up. The speeder who had brought them, was being devoured by a Ravinak.

Artemis took a step closer, watching as the ice began to crack their way.

"Rogue, get this ship up," Din said, as he pulled the Mythrol man on board. "I'll deal with the Ravinak."

Artemis nodded and hurried towards the cockpit. She flicked on switches and pushed buttons, while sitting down on the pilot seat.

"Dank farrik, that was close!" the Mythrol man exclaimed, sitting done behind her. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Stay off the ice. That's the understatement of the millennium."

Artemis took off but was suddenly pulled back. She glanced out of the window and saw that the Ravinak had thrown itself against the starship's hull.

"Kriff," Artemis muttered. "Mando!"

"On it!" the voice of her friend came and not much later, the Ravinak had let go.

Artemis didn't waist a moment and piloted the ship into space.

"Whew," the Mythrol man said, once they were safe in space. "I like your ship," he added, looking at both Artemis and Din. "She's a classic." He looked around in the cockpit. "Razor Crest, am I right? Pre-empire?"

Artemis didn't reply and nor did Din, who sat down behind her.

"I have a lot of credits, by the way," the Mythrol man continued. "That's why I offered to hail a Cruiser."

Artemis sighed, but didn't speak up.

"How much are they paying you?"

Artemis glanced at Din from over her shoulder, begging him to do something. He just looked at her and whilst she couldn't read his expression — because obviously he wore his helmet — she could clearly feel his irritation.

"Is it true that you guys never take off your helmets?"

Artemis put the ship on automatic pilot and leaned back in her seat.

"I think I have to use the vacc tube. I mean, I can do it here, but if you've never seen a Fledgling Mythrol evacuate their thorax, you're two lucky guys, trust me."

"Just go!" Artemis sighed, turning to look at the man. "And please, spare us the details!"

The Mythrol man shuffled out of the cockpit as quickly as he could, avoiding any contact with the angry woman in front of him. The doors of the cockpit closed behind him and Artemis sighed in relief.

"Finally," she breathed. "I thought we'd never get rid of him."

The red head could hear Mando chuckle slightly.

"Has anyone told you that you have a bit of a temper?"

Artemis smiled softly. "Yes."

And just like that, she was pulled back in the past.

"You do realize you have a bit of a temper, don't you, my dear Padawan?" Obi-Wan told her amused. "You could even rival Anakin, himself."

"Trust me, Master," a much younger Artemis said. "I don't think there is anyone who has more temper than Master Skywalker. I'm sure Ahsoka can agree with me."

"Everything all right?" the voice of Din brought her back to the present.

"Mmmhh? Yes," Artemis said, nodding. "Shall we see how far our friend has gotten with his escape?"

⋆⋆⋆

WHEN they landed on Nevarro, Artemis stood up and pulled the hood over her head. She then took her bag and slung it over her shoulders.

"You know, I never quite understood why you wear your hood up the whole time," Din said, as they climbed down the ladder towards the main area.

"Really?" Artemis said, glancing at him in amusement. "I thought that you of all people would understand."

"Is there a bounty on your head?"

Artemis shrugged. "Probably."

Din leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. Artemis could tell he was amused.

"What have you done?"

Artemis grinned. "What haven't I done?"

He stood back up again and made his way closer to her so that they were now only inches apart.

"When are you going to tell me your life story?" he quietly asked.

"Well, you never asked after it," Artemis pointed out. She wasn't one to talk about her past, but she had been considering telling Din. He had earned her trust a long time ago.

"So," he began softly, "if I ask, you'll tell me?"

"Yes, although I can't tell you that you'd like it."

She looked up into the visor of his helmet and she was quite certain he was staring right back at her. Slowly, he lowered his head and Artemis felt his cold helmet against her forehead.

They stayed like that for a moment and Artemis tried to ignore the emotions that rolled off of him. She didn't quite understand them and she didn't want to intrude his privacy. He couldn't feel her emotions so she shouldn't feel his.

"We should go," she quietly said, pulling back. "I'm off to get our rations. Meet each other at the cantina?"

The Mandalorian nodded and she turned around to head off of the ship, however, she stopped upon seeing the Mythrol man frozen carbonite. She grinned, shook her head before looking back at Din, who was watching her intensely.

"You know, I've been in one of those," she said, nodding at the frozen man. "Not pleasant at all."

Artemis could feel the surprise roll off of him as she walked down the hatch towards the small city. However, her thoughts were still lingering at the intimate moment they had just shared.

Artemis knew Din Djarin for almost five years and sure, they had been close before — they patched each other up after every encounter after all — but this felt different.

Artemis, who was no fool, knew that she was forming a rather big attachment to Din. She also knew that his attachment to Padmé was what Anakin had drawn to the dark side, but it was also his attachment to Luke that had brought him back.

Life was complicated.

Artemis made her way through the main street, buying food here and there before heading for the cantina. There she leaned against the wall and waited for Din to come out. She never accompanied him inside, afraid some of the bounty hunters might recognize her. Last time she checked, her life was worth ten million Impirial Credits, just as much as Leia and Luke.

"There you are," Din said, as he came out of the cantina. "We have a new job."

"You mean you have a new job, I'm just along for the ride," Artemis said, grinning.

She could practically feel his eyes roll.

"I have need to meet the client in person," Din told her. "Do you want to come with me? I need a judge of character and as you always seem to know everyone . . ."

Artemis frowned. "I'm not sure, Din . . ." She sighed. "If you need to see him personal, I'm sure he's a big man and big men tend to recognize me."

"Oh, come on, what have you done?" he asked curiously.

"I was in the Rebellion," Artemis replied honestly. "Pretty high ranked."

"So your bounty is what, three million?" Din asked, as he guided her through the city.

Artemis' lips curled up. "Try ten."

Din stopped abruptly, grabbed her arm and pulled her into one of the smaller streets.

"Ten million?"

"I consider it a compliment," Artemis went on, grinning.

"Kriff, ten million?" Din repeated.

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Thinking of turning me in?" she asked, amused.

"You know I would never do that." He looked up and down the street. "Maybe it's for the best if you don't come along. I don't know who'll be there."

"Don't worry, I'll be keeping an eye out from above," Artemis said, glancing at the roofs.

Din went with his gloved hand up her arm. "You do that."

For a moment, Artemis didn't move as she enjoying his gentle touch. Then, she pulled back and headed towards the nearest house. Using the Force, she jumped onto the roof and looked down to see Din looking up at her.

"How did you do that?"

"It's part of my life story," Artemis said, shrugging. "I'll tell you once we're back in the ship."

Din nodded and started walking again. Artemis hopped from one roof towards the other, following close behind. When he finally came to an halt, he looked back up and gestured to her that this was his destination. Artemis nodded and laid down onto the roof, wanting to stay out of view.

When the door opened, two Stormtroopers came out, making Artemis curse. If there were Stormtroopers, it meant that the client was Imperial and Imperial was just asking for problems.

"Great," she whispered, as Din stepped inside. "Just great."

Artemis tried to find a comfortable pose — which was absolutely not easy since roofs weren't made to be laid on — since she didn't know how long Din's talk would take.

Artemis' thoughts wandered off once again as she watched the door. Mission's where she had to lay still and wait, were never her favorite. A smile crept up her face as she recalled Obi-Wan getting frustrated by her. And that said a lot since Obi-Wan was known for his patience.

Obi-Wan. She truly missed him. He was the only father figure she had had — Anakin had been more like an older brother — and he taught her everything he knew. They both did.

Kenobi and Skywalker Academy. That's how she and Ahsoka called it since they had gone on many missions together.

Ahsoka . . . the Togruta had been her best friend — she still was. The two of them were thrown in the Clone Wars at the same time and since their masters got along very well, they had seen each other a lot.

Where are you, Ahsoka? Artemis asked herself too often. She couldn't have died, she would have felt it if she had.

The door opened again and out came Din. Artemis jumped swiftly up, not making any noise in case someone followed him outside. When this was not the case and the door closed again, she jumped off the roof, landing lightly on her feet.

Din's hand went to his blaster, but relaxed upon seeing it was only her. He gestured her to follow him and Artemis did so without questioning.

"Where are we going?" she asked, once they were at a safe distance from the house.

"You'll see," was all he said.

Artemis followed him through the marketplace down a flight of stairs into an underground hall full of Mandalorians.

"Stay close to me," Din said, barely loud enough for her to hear it.

Artemis pulled her hood deeper over her head as she observed the other Mandalorians who were all watching her and she realised it must be quite unusual for a non-Mandalorian to be here.

Din ignored the stares and leaded Artemis towards the Armorer, who was busy making something. Din sat down while Artemis stood behind him, her arms crossed in front of her chest as she watched the Armorer do her thing.

"This was gathered in the Great Purge," the Armorer said, once she was done and saw the beskar bar. "It is good it is back with the Tribe."

"Yes," Din said.

"A pauldron would be in order," the Armorer continued. "Has your signet been revealed?"

"Not yet," Din replied.

"Soon," the Armorer said, standing up before getting to work.

Artemis didn't move as she watched the Armorer melt the beskar bar.

"This is extremely generous," the Armorer said. "The excess will sponser many Foundlings."

"That's good," Din replied. "I was once a Foundling."

At this, Artemis placed her hand onto his shoulder, making him glance up at her and she gave him a comforting smile.

"I know," the Armorer said, interrupting their staring. She looked right at Artemis now. "What color are your kyber crystals?" she asked curiously.

Artemis tilted her head, surprised that the Armorer had recognized the hilts of her lightsaber.

"Blue," she eventually said. They had always been blue.

The Armorer hummed and went back to work.

Soon enough, the two of them were outside once more and made their way back to the ship. Artemis could feel that Din had dozens of questions for her and he was eager to get back to the ship so he could ask her.

They climbed into the cockpit and Artemis fell down onto the passenger seat as Din took the pilot seat. He quickly left off and soon enough, they were in space once more.

"I can tell that you have questions, shoot," Artemis said, leaning back into her seat.

"That," Din said, pointing at her. "How do you to that?"

"It's called the Force," Artemis began. "It's a mysterious energy field created by life that binds the galaxy together. If people have the power of the Force, they are able to levitate objects, —" at this she levitated the hilt of her lightsaber "— tricking minds and seeing things before they happen."

Din stayed silent for a second. Then —

"Can you read my mind?"

Artemis tilted her head. "I could, if I wanted to."

"Have you ever?" His voice raised a couple of octaves.

Artemis smiled and shook her head. "Never," she promised him.

The Mandalorian relaxed. "Good."

"However, I can feel emotions," Artemis continued. "It's not something I can turn off. That's why I have —" she lowered her voice so it would match his "— an excellent judge of character."

"I don't sound like that."

Artemis just grinned.

Din looked at her intensely. "What did the Armorer mean by crystal?"

"The core of a lightsaber is a kyber crystal," Artemis explained, showing him the hilts of her lightsaber. "Mine have the color blue." She then hung them back onto her belt.

"Right," Din said, not very certain. "Laser swords."

Artemis sighed. "Sure, let's go with that."

"Well, that explains quite a big deal," Din hummed.

Artemis stood up, unclasped her cloak and threw it over the back of her chair. "So, where are we going next?"

Word count: 3414

Hello and welcome to chapter one!
We got a first peek at Artemis and Din and I hoped you liked it!

Published: 20.02.2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 347 45
Metanoia [met-an-noy-ah] Greek (n.) The journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life Father/Daughter Relationship Started: 9 June 2023...
11.2K 449 37
๐•ง๐• ๐•š๐•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
1.3M 33.9K 103
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Highest rankings: #1 anakinskywalker #1 anakin #1 obiwankenobi #1 padawan #1...
220K 5.7K 172
Anakin and Obi-Wan have just rescued the Chancellor and returned to planet side safe and sound. Anakin has finally had his long awaited reunion with...