Welcome to the New Age

By ApollyonShirayuki

The world is now overrun by Zombies and some Zombies has it's own ability. One can jump from rooftops to roof... More

Prologue
Chapter 02: Find a way out
Chapter 03: Regroup
Chapter 04: Joy Ride
Chapter 05: Whispering Oaks
Chapter 06: The Concert
Chapter 07: Bloody Swamp

Chapter 01: Another Survivors

1.2K 42 26
By ApollyonShirayuki

Author's POV

As Y/n's chopper is heading back to the Yggdrasil Base, he look down the city and saw many Zombie crawling all over the place.

Pilot: "I wonder when will this nightmare going to end."

Y/n: "It will only end if one side is done for. But we'll make sure that our side will win this."

Pilot: "By the way Sir, if you don't mind me asking."

Y/n: "What is it?"

Pilot: "Who was that girl kissed you?"

Y/n: "That's Zoey. My girlfriend back in college."

Pilot: "She's lucky to survive on this onslaught. Many people lost their love ones. Even me. I lost my wife and daughter. I had the chance to save them but I didn't took it."

Y/n: "I'm sorry for your lose."

Pilot: "Thank you Sir. All I can do for now is to help fight off these bastards."

Y/n: "Don't worry. When this is all over, your Family can rest now."

As they continue flying, Y/n saw a Tank on the rooftop, carrying a boulder.

Y/n: "Watch out!"

They manage to dodge the Tank's attack but they didn't saw another Tank throw another boulder at them and it hit the chopper's tail.

Pilot: "Mayday! Mayday! This is Z1A! We've been hit by a Special Infected's attack! We are going down! I repeat! We are going down!"

The Pilot tried it's best to do a safe landing but he failed and the chopper got crashed on a billboard. But luckily the chopper didn't explode when it hit the ground. Y/n kick the door and crawls out while his shoulder wounded.

Y/n: "Fucking Tanks!"

He look back inside the chopper and saw the Pilot is still there, but stuck on his seat.

Y/n: "Come on Jake. We need to get you out of there."

Jake: "D-Don't Sir.... T-Those things will get here any soon. G-Get out of here while you still can."

Y/n: "Like hell I'll leave you here."

Jake: "P-Please Sir.... T-This is my opportunity to be with my Family...."

He opens his bag and Y/n saw a bunch of Grenade on it.

Y/n: "Jake....."

Jake: "Please Sir..... Get out of here, while you still can."

Y/n grab his gun inside as well as a first aid kit to himself.

Y/n: "I won't let your Sacrifice go in vein, Jake. I promise you, our side will win this."

He starts to run as he heard the Tanks roar coming closer. When the Tanks get to the chopper, Jake pulled the Grenade pin, sacrificing himself to kill the three Tanks.

Y/n is on an alley, saluted at Jake before continuing his way. As he's walking, he heard voices nearby.

???1: "That Chopper crash just near here."

???2: "Why are we even heading there? You all heard the explosion right? So there's nothing good there now. It's all turned into ashes."

???3: "Nick's right. With that explosion too loud, it probably attract many zombies."

Nick: "Let's just get to the Mall and get out of here."

Y/n walk out of the alley and saw four survivors.

The guy in a white suit has two pistols. The girl has a Desert Eagle. The fat guy has a baseball bat while the guy with a hat has a crowbar.

Y/n: "Are you people survivors?"

That startled the group and they all pointed they weapons at Y/n and he did the same.

Girl: "Your not a Zombie are you?!"

Y/n: "Have you ever seen a Zombie holding a gun properly and pointing it at you?"

Girl: "Ok, I see your point."

Suit: "How can we be sure that your not bitten?"

Y/n: "If I was bitten, I would have been one of them by now."

Noisy Guy: "Are you the one who's flying that Wirly Bird?"

Y/n: "The hell's a Wirly Bird?"

Suit: "Helicopter! It is a Helicopter, for the last damn time Ellis!"

Y/n: "Yeah. I was the one flying that chopper."

Suit: "Well, it seems that you need to go back to flying school."

Y/n: "Look suit, I'll have you know that I've bested every vehicle tested that the military gave to me. The reason why it went down because a fucking Tank throw a fucking boulder at us, therefore knocking us out of the sky and killing my Pilot."

Ellis: "There's a Tank here? Can I ride one of those? I always driving one of those when I was just a kid."

Y/n: "It's not that Tank your talking about. I'm taking about the Mutated Infected that gone worst."

Girl: "Shit getting crazy. We better get out of here."

Y/n: "Where you people going?"

Fat Guy: "We're heading to Liberty Mall for Evac. I heard that it was the last place where safe."

Y/n: "Last I heard that the Mall is already been evacuated."

Fat Guy: "It's worth the shot. It's the only place near here where I know it's safe. Wanna come with us?"

Y/n: "The Real Safe place right now is in New Orleans."

Fat Guy: "Looks like that New Orleans really is the only city standing here."

Y/n: "If your saying that there's still an Evac at Liberty Mall, then let's go."

Suit: "Who exactly invited you?"

Y/n: "Listen pal, I've been through hell than you ever thought off. So if your gonna act like a big shot, then go ahead. And I'll have you know, I can take down any kind of infected with my bare hands. And you don't wanna make me use it on you."

Fat Guy: "He's got a point, Nick. We need all the help we can get if we're gonna get out of here. He knows what kind of zombie out there. Hell, I would be surprise if he punch a zombie's head off."

Ellis: "Yeah. Soldier guy's kinda nice."

Girl: "I agree with them Nick. From what I can tell, he's a one man army."

Nick: "Fine. Don't blame me if we got to the Evac and the military starts shooting at us."

They all walk down the streets, heading to the mall.

Coach: "Hey, the name's Coach by the way."

Rochelle: "I'm Rochelle."

Nick: "Nick. That's all you needed to hear."

Ellis: "I'm Ellis by the way. People called me El because Ellis is kinda sounds like a girls name."

Y/n: "I'm Y/n Crownguard."

Rochelle: "Wait, Crownguard?! As in, THE Crownguard!?"

Y/n: "What about it?"

Rochelle: "Holy shit! Your the Son of General Arthur Crownguard!?"

Y/n: "Yeah... Why?"

Rochelle: "Your Father's the one who's sending out forces to help people Evacuate!"

Nick: "Great. She turned into a total Fan-girl."

Rochelle: "I am a total Fan! And I admire how your Family is helping everyone even though that the others are abandoning them."

Y/n: "That's our family for you. Helping others even if they didn't asked any."

Coach: "I remember something. There's a Gun store just a few blocks from the Mall. What do you say we pay it a visit?"

Nick: "A Gun store is a fine place to stop."

Y/n: "Yeah. I need to refill my ammo."

They continue on walking but the road was block by a crowd control fences.

Coach: "Let's try the door over there."

He pointed at the door on the side of the building and they went inside. The headed down stairs and it leads them into another road. They look behind them and didn't saw Ellis yet.

Nick: "Ellis. Keep up."

He yelled and Ellis walk down the stairs. Then they heard someone crying.

Ellis: "Am I the only one hearing that crying?"

Coach: "Rochelle. That ain't you is it, girl?"

Rochelle: "What?"

Nick: "I don't like the sound of this crying."

Y/n: "It's coming from outside. We need to be careful. I haven't encountered a crying infected before."

Coach: "Let's keep moving."

They all walk outside and saw a very pale girl, only wearing her underwear while crying.

Rochelle: "What the hell's with that crying?"

Nick: "A crying woman."

They all look at Nick with a dead pan face.

Nick: "What, you think she's sad because the Mall's close?"

Coach: "Shit ain't right..... Be careful."

Y/n: "It has a long nails, pale skin and crying for no reason. This must be another Special Infected."

Ellis walk bluntly towards the crying girl like it was nothing.

Y/n: "Ellis! What the hell are you doing!?"

Ellis: "She just need some comfort, that's all."

He then tap the girl's shoulder, gaining her attention.

Ellis: "Hey, you okay?"

Then the girl starts to growl loudly.

Ellis: "Can I help?"

Coach: "Oh shit! That bitch is getting angry!"

Nick: "Ellis!"

Rochelle: "Back! Back! Back!"

Ellis slowly backs away as the girl is about to scream. But then Rochelle shoot her on the back, not killing her, but pissing her off. The woman scream and starts to run after Rochelle.

Rochelle: "Sweet Jesus!"

She dropped her gun and runs the opposite side. But Y/n hit the girl's head with the butt of his gun, making it stumble and fall on the ground. The girl gets back up and now she targeted Y/n.

The girl tried to hit him with her claw but he easily dodging them. He then saw an opening and pointed his shotgun at her head, and killing her with a single shot.

Ellis: "Whoa! Holy Shit!"

Coach: "Damn! That bitch didn't stood a chance!"

Rochelle: "Thanks for saving me back there."

Nick: "Let's keep moving."

They climb over the dumpster to get to the other side of the road.

Ellis: "Hey, watch out for the one's in a Hazmat suits."

Rochelle: "Fireproof Zombies. Hooray."

She shoot at the zombie with a hazmat and it drop something. Ellis run towards it and picked it up.

Nick: "That can't be a bottled of puke, is it?"

Y/n: "It is a bottle of puke. It's a Boomer's puke, that would attract the infected towards it."

Coach: "Then we could use this."

Y/n: "Why does every road here are all blocked?"

Rochelle: "Yeah. that's a real pain in the ass."

Ellis: "But we can still find some alternate routes. Let's try this door over there."

They headed to the door and saw it was a storage room. Nick saw a Fire Axe and grabs it.

Nick: "This feels good."

Y/n: "How many shortcut do we have to get through?"

Ellis: "Don't worry, I recognize this place. That Gun store is just up ahead.

As they keep walking, Y/n turn around and saw a zombie with one big arm.

Y/n: "CHARGER!"

The Charger charged at them and Y/n pushed Nick away and the Charger grab him. The Charger start slamming him into the ground, as he tries to get out of it's grip.

Rochelle: "Holy shit! That thing's beating him!"

She and Nick starts shooting at the Charger while Ellis and Coach start hitting it with their Melee until it was dead. Coach helped Y/n get up his feet.

Coach: "You okay?"

Y/n: "Yeah. Can't say the same for my gun though."

He look at his shotgun and saw it was destroyed by the Charger's slam.

Coach: "Shit. That's gotta be a problem."

Y/n: "Don't worry, I got back up."

He reaches into his sidearm and brought out his custom revolver.

Ellis: "Holy Shit! I think I just saw the Holy Grail!"

Y/n: "It's a custom Smith & Wesson Model 500 that uses .50 caliber ammunition. I customized and designed it myself. I call it, 'Frost Shot'."

Coach: "Well I'll be damn! That would be a dream come true for every guy who see that."

Y/n: "Let's keep moving to that Gun store. Ellis, lead the way."

Ellis: "Alright, follow me folks."

The went to the overpass and get across to for the Gun store. 

Ellis went to open the door but he can't.

Ellis: "Damn, it's lock."

Y/n: "Step aside."

Ellis move out of the way and Y/n kicked the door really hard, it broke the handle as well as 1/4 of the door.

Nick: "Talk about knocking on the door."

Y/n opened the door and they all went inside. Everyone except for Y/n were astonished by all the guns inside.

Coach: "Oh yeah. Pay dirt."

Nick: "Candy store for adults."

Rochelle: "All these free?"

Ellis broke the glass with his crowbar and grab two Glock18.

Ellis: "Hecks yeah.... Grabbing two pistols."

Then Coach went beside him and grab two Glocks as well. Y/n start to look around to find some ammo for his gun.

Y/n: "There should be some .50 cal ammo here."

He went behind the cashier and open the cabinet. Then he saw a box full of .50 cal for his gun.

Y/n: "Jackpot."

Nick: "I'm not legally allowed to own a gun. I hope everybody's okay with that."

He grab the FN Scar and cocks it up. Then Coach grab the Spas-12 and loads some shells on it.

Coach: "I don't even know how to shoot one. Guess we're even."

Y/n then walk to the wall and grab the KAC Chainsaw with an attached M203 Grenade Launcher.

Coach: "Damn, that shit looks dangerous."

Y/n: "No shit, Gun store shouldn't allowed to have this. So I'm gonna have to confiscate it."

He put the gun on his back and went find some bullets for his new gun.

Y/n: "Hey Ellis, I think there's something over there that you'd like."

He pointed at the corner and Ellis saw a Grenade Launcher.

Ellis: "Oh hell yeah! I gotta take the Grenade Launcher!"

Rochelle: "I guess I'll go with this rifle."

She grab the AK-47 assault rifle and cocks it up. Then they heard a voice on the speaker.

???(Speaker): "Hello there. My name's Whitaker, I owe this establishment."

Y/n: "The owner's still alive, that's good news. But I ain't paying for this."

Whitaker(Speaker): "Now normally, when I see five blood stained looters break in to my store, I would shoot them where they stand."

Y/n: "Sir, believe me. If you pointed the gun at me, you would already lose a hand before you could even pull the trigger."

Rochelle: "Not the best joke right now, Y/n."

Y/n: "I ain't joking."

Then they heard a gun shot coming from outside.

Whitaker(Speaker): "Take that! You green skinned son of a bitch!"

Nick: "Is he target practicing zombies?"

Coach: "Guess he does."

Whitaker(Speaker): "Take everything you need, and come upstairs."

Ellis: "How are we gonna pay for our guns?"

Whitaker(Speaker): "It's on the house, Son."

Y/n: "Lock and load, people."

Everyone got all the weapons they need the went upstairs. They look around and saw many dead zombies without a head.

Y/n: "I'll take that he's been having fun lately."

Whitaker(Speaker): "Hello there."

Rochelle: "Hello."

Ellis: "Wasssuppp!"

Whitaker(Speaker): "I take that you'll heading to the mall for Evac?"

Y/n: "These people said that it's the last place that had Evac here. So yeah."

Whitaker(Speaker): "Then you'll be having a hard time. You see those Government fools, blockade the road getting there. So here's my proposition, if you could get me some cola on Yonda food store, I'll clear the path to the mall for you."

Coach: "Finally, something that made sense to me. A man and his snacks."

Y/n: "Yeah. Guns are useless if you don't have any food."

Nick: "So let me get this straight. We get you your shit, and you'll help us get to the mall right? Okay. You screw us, and I will kill you with your own gun."

Whitaker(Speaker): "I am a man of my word, Sir. Procure me my cola, and I'll clear the path to the mall for you."

Rochelle: "Okay, we're in."

Y/n: "Let's make it haste people. The faster we get to the mall, the faster we can find something to eat."

Coach: "I like that plan a lot."

Ellis: "Cola for guns, I think this is what the reverse of what my school did."

Y/n: "Some of my classmate brought guns in school. Trying to intimidate the others. Biggest mistake is that they pointed it at me."

Nick: "Why? You had them arrest?"

Y/n: "No. I broke their fingers then had them arrest."

Ellis: "Damn, that's too many fingers to broke."

They all arrived in front of the convenience store.

Y/n: "This alarm will get some fun. Get ready. Rochelle, Ellis. You two get the objective inside, while we secure this sector."

Ellis: "Uh what?"

Y/n: "You guys get the cola while we deal with the zombies here."

Rochelle: "Got it."

She pushed the door opened, triggering the alarm. She and Ellis runs inside to find the cola while the zombies starts climbing over the walls.

Coach: "Get ready!"

He starts shooting at the Zombies going over the wall while Y/n and Nick are shooting that running towards the parking lot.

Nick: "Reloading!"

Y/n used the grenade launcher and it killed five zombies.

Y/n: "Reloading! Cover me!"

Nick went in front of Y/n to shoot some more incoming zombies.

Rochelle: "We got the cola! Let's go!"

Y/n: "Move out!"

They start to run, escorting Rochelle back to Whitaker.

Y/n: "Ellis! Use the bile bomb!"

Ellis grab the Boomer bile and throw it away.

Ellis: "Here comes some puke!"

The glass shattered and the zombies starts to run over it. Then Ellis shoots his Grenade Launcher at them, killing all of them.

Coach: "Nice shot!"

Rochelle: "Oh shit! I'm being pulled!"

They look towards Rochelle and saw she's being pulled by a Smoker.

Y/n: "Smoker! Shoot the tongue!"

Coach shoots the tongue, cutting Rochelle down. Then Nick shoots the Smoker's head, killing it and leaving a cloud of smoke.

Coach: "Grabbing cola!"

He grabs the cola and starts to run towards Whitaker. Then zombies jump down the roof the block his path. But Y/n shoots then to let Coach have a path.

Whitaker(Speaker): "There's my Cola! Quick, put it on the slot!"

Coach put the cola on the slot by the door, and Whitaker opened a make-shift window shoots the fuel truck with an RPG-7.

The explosion destroyed the barricade, as well as turning off the alarm.

Ellis: "There she goes!"

Coach: "Ha! Ha! When that man said he's gonna clear a path, HE CLEARS A PATH!"

Y/n: "I knew that you'd be shooting that truck."

Rochelle: "Hey, thanks Whitaker!"

Whitaker(Speaker): "Good luck to you  gang. God watch over you."

Y/n: "God watch over you too Sir. We really appreciate you help."

Whitaker(Speaker): "Don't mention it. Col. Y/n Crownguard."

Y/n: "You know me?"

Whitaker(Speaker): "How could I not? Your the youngest person who became a Colonel at a young age."

Y/n: "Then thank you for your Service sir."

He saluted at him.

Whitaker(Speaker): "It's no problem sir. It's the least I can do."

Nick: "Let's get going."

They all headed down to the Mall's direction, where Whitaker cleared the path.

Ellis: "Man, I ain't never been so happy to see a damn shopping Centre!"

They all walk to the parking lot of the mall and saw that there are many tents, and hospital beds.

But what they noticed that most, is that there's no single person can be seen.

Rochelle: "Okay... Evacuation Centers aren't usually this quiet."

Nick: "Jesus, this place is a Ghost Town."

Coach: "Maybe everybody is inside."

Y/n: "Check the tents first."

Rochelle: "Why?"

Y/n: "We need to find something useful first. First-aid, painkillers, bandages anything."

Coach: "Alright then."

All of them went to check on the tents to find something. Y/n walk in and saw some doctors report.

Doctor(Note): "Patient 65 has been showing violence for the last three hours. We moved him sector 4 of Liberty Mall."

Y/n: "So everyone is inside huh?"

He put the notes down and saw a painkiller pills on the table and take it. He walk out of the tent and the others didn't find anything.

Y/n: "Found of painkiller pills. This will do."

Nick: "Nothing's good out here now."

Y/n: "I read the doctor's report, it said that everyone's inside the mall. I don't know where exactly."

Coach: "Then let's get going."

They all continue on their way to the mall's entrance. But they heard a low growl, and they stop on their tracks.

Ellis: "Hey did everybody hear that?"

Nick: "What is that? It's like someone beating up a horse?"

Rochelle: "This sound is giving me the creeps."

Y/n: "We got a Hunter."

Nick: "Hunter?"

Y/n: "Those things jump on you and starts ripping your guts out. Everyone, back to back and look up. They jump really high."

Ellis: "Hey, what's that?"

He pointed at the crawling hooded zombie and everyone look at it.

Y/n: "HUNTER!"

He starts to shoot at it and the Hunter jumps away to dodge. Then the others joined in and start shooting at it but it hid behind the car.

Coach: "Jesus! What the hell was that!?"

Y/n: "That's a Hunter! Let's kill it before it-"

The Hunter starts to scream very loud to attract the other zombies.

Y/n: "-calls the others...."

Coach: "Oh hell, this is gonna get bad!"

Y/n pointed his Grenade Launcher at the car and shoot it, to make it explode and kill the Hunter that's hiding.

Ellis: "They're coming!"

Y/n: "Open fire!"

They start shooting at the Zombies approaching.

Y/n: "Coach, watch your Six!"

He turn around and saw more are climbing up the barbwire.

Coach: "Great. More fireproof zombies."

Y/n: "Everyone get back inside!"

They all slowly walking backward to the malls entrance as they keep shooting the zombies.

Coach: "Safehouse by the entrance!"

Rochelle: "Let's go!

The four of them went inside while Y/n is still killing the zombies.

Ellis: "Hey Y/n! Come on! Get inside!"

Y/n: "On my way!"

He then runs inside the Coach closed the door while Nick and Ellis barricade it with anything they can find and carry.

Ellis: "Touch down, baby!"

Y/n: "Looks like we're safe. For now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 630 25
It's been seven months since the undead apocalypse began. Reid Abrams and his friends are trying to get by as best they can, surviving one day at a t...
4.1K 1K 27
The Wildfire Virus. That's the illness the eggheads have called dubbed that has spread alarmingly fast all over the world. No could figure out at fir...
6.2K 242 18
It all happened overnight, which was when the world met it's last hour. At least, for the weak-willed. Zombies overran the city of Elsburg, killing h...
2.8K 262 37
The dead have never been so alive. After a deadly contagion reduced the world's population into mindless, undead monsters, the ruins of America still...