When the Dawn Breaks

aespencer tarafından

Breaking Dawn from Edwards POV For Edward Cullen it feels like he might finally be getting everything he'd dr... Daha Fazla

Long Night
Big Day
Wedding
Reception
Gesture
Worries
Isle Esme

Bachelor Party

284 4 0
aespencer tarafından

Watching Emmett hunt was like watching a shark attack, he ripped his prey to pieces in a much more savage manor than necessary. His once white shirt was now saturated crimson, with the blood of his prey. He was like a child that always missed his mouth. Emmett always took a thrill in hunting. To me it was more about feeding, nothing more. But it was nice to use my strength. Spending so much time in the human world, constantly making an effort to be so careful got boring very quickly. It was a relief to give up control for a little bit.

And part of me was glad my brothers had dragged me out tonight, the more well fed I was tonight, the longer I could go without feeding on my honeymoon.

Jasper kicked the now drained gazelle aside and strode over to me in one fluid motion.
"He's an animal" he laughed, referring to Emmett's less than graceful form of hunting.
"I just feel bad that we have to witness such a massacre." I joked.
Emmett grinned then, tossing the bears carcass aside.
"Hey, a man's gotta eat some how."

"You're an idiot Emmett." I said, shaking my head at him.

In his mind I saw what he was planning to do long before his body corresponded, he was trying to lunge at me in a fashion similar to that of a football player, but I quickly responded before he even had the chance to touch me. I swept my leg behind his, flooring him in an instant. He fell to the ground with a hard thud.

Jasper and I laughed at Emmett's feeble attempt to fight me, he never stood a chance. The sound of our laughter echoed through the forest and bounced off the near by mountains.

"Cheat." Emmett muttered under his breath. Any other person would have given up long ago when they realised I was able to read their thoughts and thus anticipate their moves, but not Emmett. He was determined to rough house with me any chance he got, and every time I would win.

I hope Bella kicks your ass once she's one of us.

Emmett's visions of a pale white Bella, dampened my good mood quickly. My face fell as I stared at the ground.

Jasper easily sensed my shift in mood.

"Edward, what's up?"

Emmett sprung from the ground then, he looked around quickly, eager to find any source that may have upset me. He found nothing out of the ordinary.

"It's nothing." I reassured them, but they both stared at me unconvinced, concern painted across their stone faces.

I let out a deep sigh, "It's Bella." I confessed.

He really ought to get a new hobby, all he does is worry about her. Emmett thought. "Edward, she's fine. She's at home. You'll see her tomorrow." He told me.

"No it's not that. It's after tomorrow that I'm worried about. Am I making the right choice? Taking her life away from her like this."

"If it's what she wants, then where's the harm in it." Jasper had never understood why I had such a hard time accepting the option of vampirism for Bella. Just because he felt my emotions didn't mean he understood the thoughts behind them.

"There's plenty of harm in it Jazz. Don't you see? I'm taking her whole future away from her."

It was Emmett who spoke this time. "Edward, you are her future. You tried to leave her once right. Look  at what that did to her, what it did to you." I refused to think back to that time, it was too painful to even think about. "Do you really think there'll ever be a time where Bella won't want you. If you're planning on being with her forever, it makes sense that both of you are immortal." Emmett explained easily. He had a point. Bella herself had told me that she would always want me, that I was her future.

"You're right." I told them.

Suddenly I felt very calm as Jasper swayed my emotions to a more at ease state.

With the worries of turning Bella erased from my mind, at least for the time being, my brothers and I celebrated the evening a little differently than the usual Bachelor party. We raced through the forest, exerting out full strength and using our muscles for once. Emmett tried numerous times to catch me off guard, but as always he failed.

Watching him fight with Jasper was always an interesting thing. Jasper was perhaps one of the most skilled vampires I'd ever seen when it came to combat, but Emmett was probably the strongest. It made for an interesting match.

It wasn't until later into the evening, as the three of us sat by a wide river, that some of my concerns returned.

In the dead of the night, the forest was still. With most of it's creatures sleeping. The only sound was the distant scurry of nocturnal animals and the gushing of the water in the river. My voice broke the silence.

"I'm worried about the honeymoon." I admitted sheepishly to them, knowing that they would instantly know which part I was referring to. The benefit of knowing people for over fifty years was that I could be brutally honest with them about my thoughts. I'd already spoken with Carlisle about my fears of hurting Bella, right after her and I had struck our deal. I worried that I'd been too impulsive in promising her we would try. After all, I had no idea if such a thing was even possible for Bella and I. Carlisle had assured me that it would be difficult to control myself and think rationally about not harming her when my thoughts were preoccupied like that. But he had faith in me. He told me that if anyone could do such a thing, it'd be me. There was a sense of admiration in his thoughts.

Jasper thought about being that close to a human, the images alone made him thirsty. He shook the thoughts away.

"I have no idea how you can even think to do that." he muttered almost to himself.

"Why don't you just wait until she's turned." Emmett argued. He was making the exact point that I'd made from the start.

"I wanted to. But Bella says she's worried she'll be too different then. She doesn't want to got wait through the newborn phase for her human emotions to return. Plus it was part of the deal we made for her to marry me."

If you hadn't been so adamant to get married first, you could have avoided all this. Emmett thought.

"It's the only right way left for me. It was how I was raised." I shrugged, answering his unspoken words. Emmett didn't understand my traditionalist ways, he was from a different time than me.

"Edward, there's no need for you to worry. If it was anyone else doing this, I'd say they were out of their mind. But you're the most strong willed of us all. More so than Carlisle I'd even say. You couldn't hurt her." Jaspers words had a hint of jealousy to them, he sometimes hated how much self control I had. It only made his appear weaker.

I nodded, it seemed my family all held me in a higher regard than I held myself.

"And what should I expect?" the topic of my virginity, something which had been intact for over 100 years, would probably have been an embarrassing subject for most people to discuss. But as it was, my entire family were well aware of my limited experience with women. Before Bella, I'd never seen the appeal to romantic relationships, much less physical ones. So there really was no sense in avoiding the topic.

I had also discussed this with Carlisle, but there was no harm in getting second opinions. He had told me it was a very powerful thing, though he did wonder if it would be different for me since Bella was human.

As soon as I asked the question, both Jasper and Emmett's thoughts went to a deep place. Images of their own experiences flashing in their minds. I cringed from the mental pictures. I'd definitely seen it all when it came to people's minds but that didn't mean that I liked seeing those types of thoughts in peoples heads. Much less when those thoughts revolved around Alice and Rosalie.

They both realigned their thoughts quickly, they'd had years of practice when it came to stopping a thoughts in its tracks to stop me hearing.

"It's a very great pleasure." Emmett told me, simply. That was the only way he could think to phrase it. In his mind, there were no words to describe the feeling.

"Second only to drinking human blood." Jasper added. As vampires, our main instinct was blood, even after centuries of practice, it still ruled us entirely. Drinking human blood was like a euphoria, the frenzy is near impossible to resist. So for physical intimacy to rank close to that experience, I knew it had to be incredible.

I was suddenly feeling more optimistic about the honeymoon.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

77.2K 2.9K 35
Lying isn't just about the words you speak. It latches on, bleeding through your actions to change the course of your future. When push comes to shov...
2.7M 99.2K 51
𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍 & 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 | ❝You want to eat everyone you see and I don't want to eat at all. Sounds to me like we'd be great friends.❞ In which an anore...
190K 4.8K 65
"Her voice echoed through the forest shrilly, causing the vampires around her to cover their ears and wince in pain. The tree in front of her snapped...
311K 2.3K 12
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...