Violet Detours (BOOK 2) : Bad...

By MongjiGuin23

BOOK 1: VIOLET DETOURS; A Mobile Legends Fanfic BOOK2: VIOLET DETOURS; Badly, Madly, Deeply "This is me being... More

GUINEVERE'S FEAR
DROWNING
HIS EQUAL
VENOM
THE BOY'S HEART
FOUR HEARTS' CRY
THE SO-CALLED TRUST, CRACKING
GUSION, OVERTHINKING
BROKENHEARTS
GROWING APART
RED AND BLUE
SEE YOU AGAIN
NUMBING PAIN
TROUBLED AND CONFUSED
CHANGES AND CHANCES
OVERFLOWING
HURTING
FORBIDDEN LOVE
THE DESCENDANT
OFF TO ZEN
Love and War in Zen City
FREEDOM IN A ROOM
TORN
King of Fighters
THE NOT-SO-GREAT ESCAPE
Wiped Out
BARE
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS! Hehehe
The Wrong Half
FALLING Like the Stars
IRRESISTIBLY GUINI
Finding out. Finding you.
BREAKING
THE NEW ALLIANCE?
Divide and Conquer
BAD LIAR
Shadow of an Ally
The Cube and its Bearer
A DEATH UNFORTOLD
EMPTY
BEYOND EVERYTHING
How You Love Her
FIRE ON FIRE
Her Grand Plan
Into the North
Immortality
Haunted
VERMILION
KNOTS AND MORE KNOTS
ENGAGED
BATTLECRY
Ursula Academy
In the Northern Vale
The DEATH OF ME
Warning: Just a Filler
The Proposal
Homeward
YOURS. FOREVER.
Liars bounce on Fire
LAST CHAPTER: Castle Gorge, Losing
HELP REACTS FOR GUGU MINISTORY

MEMORIES

617 43 70
By MongjiGuin23

Hiiiii 😊😅 hehehehe

❤️ from mongjiiiii

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Are you seriously staying in bed the whole week?" Dyrroth asked as he opened the door.

Guinevere opened her eyes.

She was greeted by the dark ceiling overhead. She never even noticed that it was night already.

She was flat on her back on the bed of her quarters, and she couldn't recall how many days had past since they had locked Gusion in the basement of the headquarters.

Dyrroth had been to and fro the room for the last few days, Granger had checked on her twice, while the others had chosen to just ask the two about her outside her door.

Which she was grateful for.

She wasn't ready to face anyone right now.

She did not know how to greet them, especially Lesley.

It would've been easier if she could just say what she felt. It would've been easier if she felt anything, if she felt bad for Lesley, or if she was worried sick about Gusion.

But lately, she had been confused about what she felt. Or if whether she was even feeling something.

There seemed to be some kind of barrier that had formed right inside her chest, and it was preventing her from feeling any extreme emotions. It was like being inside a cage, locked up while the door was open ahead, where her emotions were shining in different lights; she could recognize them but she couldn't really touch them.

She was just there, letting the bed absorb her as she wondered how long would it take for her to disappear within its fabric.

She heard from Granger that Chou and Aurora had already taken out the chip that Hanzo had planted at his spine; it was what made him violent the last time he tried to harm her. She didn't know if that was good or bad though. And she wasn't really dying to know if that had restored his memories.

Yes, it would've been great if he could regain his memories. She would've loved to melt in his affectionate gazes once again.

But now there was a part of her that was kind of relieved with what happened.

Maybe this was for the best. He had been extremely hurting because of her, had sacrificed so many things because of her, that she wanted him to forget her, even just for once, and be afraid of nothing.

"Hey." Dyrroth's face towered over her as he came next to her bed, looking down on her with a scowl on his face. "Until when do you plan to mope?"

Lately he had been the only one who never thinks twice about walking into her room and disturbing her chain of thoughts. Sometimes she would find herself being interrupted from her reverie and realize she had been in her mind for almost half a day.

There were several occasions on which she wasn't sure what would've happened had Dyrroth hadn't gone in and pull him back into reality.

She was grateful for him. But she was too blank to express whatever she felt at the moment.

She rolled to her side, her back towards Dyrroth. "Until I get my magic back."

There was that issue as well. She wanted to regain her magic. She felt so useless and dependent ever since it had been blocked and she hated that.

She felt the bed shift an inch lower behind her as Dyrroth sat at the edge. "The only way you'll get it back is if you'll come with me back to the Abyss."

"And be your prisoner again?" She asked tonelessly.

"Did I ever make you feel like one?"

She breathed deeply and rolled to her back again. Dyrroth looked at her over his shoulder, their gazes meeting.

Lately, his amber eyes had been looking like warm chocolates. And somehow it brought warmth to her cold chest.

It was ironic for him to look so warm as if he actually cared and hear him inviting her to go to the Abyss. It made her want to consider the offer as if it was an invitation for a date in the town, which had always been known to make a lady's heart, and which she'd always found ridiculous.

But right now, the invitation seemed to sound considerable.

She looked up at the ceiling again, her hand subconsciously clutching her chest as if to make sure her heart was still beating. "Would you stop aiming for the Empire and just be at the Abyss if I go with you?"

She saw at the corner of her eyes how Dyrroth's head jerk to look at her as if she had just said something surprising.

Maybe it was surprising, But her mood had been constantly on a flat line lately and she didn't know when it'll start rising up.

So she just turned her gaze on him and met his gaze. His scowl was there, deeper as he held her eyes.

"Stop blabbering nonsense, Guinevere." He spat and looked away as he propped his elbows over his knees.

"Really. I considered it for a second."

He scoffed. "Your days of moping in here had started to mess up your thinking."

She sat up and stared at the back of his neck, which was the only thing she could look at for she was behind him. "Why? You did just invited me to go with you."

He got to his feet and spun to face her. "Yes! And I want a serious answer. Not a childish question."

"I was about to consider your answer before I make mine."

"TSS!" He turned his back on her and marched towards the door, probably tired of her nonsense.

Having no intention to get out of bed, she just sat there and watched him leave. So she was quite surprised when he halted and slight turned to look at her over his shoulder.

"I..." his voice faltered, hesitation scrunching in his face. "I couldn't stop the Abyss from invading the Empire... But if you asked that for the intention of escaping from the reality you have now, then I could stop aiming for the Empire and go with you."

Guinevere's brows arched up. She certainly was not expecting that answer.

Surprise must have been visible in her face because Dyrroth frowned again.

"But that's just a circumstantial answer to a situational question." He spat and exited the door, slamming them in the process, leaving Guinevere puzzled and confused of what just happened.

She lied down the bed again, another chain of thought intertwining with the other hundreds of thread she had before; she wondered what would've happened if Dyrroth had accepted the fact that he was human.

He would've been a great human. A loyal one. Someone she would feel secure with.

She closed her eyes tight, me tally scolding herself.

Why would she feel secure with the Prince of the Abyss?!

She rolled to the side again in the hopes of shifting her thoughts.

And it did as soon as her eyes fell on the small jar at the bedside table where a tiny black creature was in.

It was jerking to and fro, trying to escape its container.

She reached out for it, and sat up to open the jar. It jumped out and into her fingers, sticking right into her index finger as if it was absorbing her heat, and it stayed there, still and unmoving.

Looking at it could let someone know it wasn't something to have, but she couldn't help feelings soft for it after it had saved her from the fall inside Baker's buildings. And apparently it had saved Gusion from death several times before.

Staring at it, she remembered falling. She remembered how Gusion looked as he looked down at her and willed the venom armor to go to her. She remembered the words he said to her, and it was the only thing she heard through all the commotion that had gone at the that moment.

An ache cracked in her heart, and for a moment she got afraid that the blankness in her chest would go away.

She was afraid for all those extreme emotions to come flooding in like a tidal wave.

She was about to get the tiny creature off her finger when she heard a commotion from outside her room.

She turned to the door and was about to head off when her bedroom window broke, frightening the hell out of her as someone barged inside and roll into the floor.

She gasped the moment he looked up, and before she could do anything he had already sprang to his feet and pushed her against the wall, covering her mouth before she could scream.

"Ssshh, girlie." He muttered in a low voice, his face right in front of her that her heart leaping wildly. "You don't want me to use my blades again, do you?" He warned. "There would be no boyfriend to save you this time."

She tried to talk, but her voice came out muffled by his palm.

Somehow, he had escaped from the basement where the others had locked him up. And he clearly he hadn't regained his memories yet.

With his piercing stare now aimed down at her, she tried to calm herself down and stood her ground.

She had heard of him being described by others as scary and mischievous, and despite that she still kept her perception of him; caring, reliable and loyal.

Gusion looking so coldly at her seemed to be something she was never going to get used to.

It made her realize how gentle his gazes had been towards her, and how scary he did look for the people he hated.

Banging came by her door, followed by the urgent turn of the locked doorknob.

"GUINEVERE!" Granger yelled. "Guinevere, are you alright?!" He persistently banged on the door.

Guinevere gripped Gusion by the lapel of his vest and tried to push him away, it he kept her there, unable to do anything with his strength.

She wanted to talk to him, tell him she wasn't an enemy, that everyone inside that house wasn't his enemy. But she couldn't.

She looked at him straight in the eyes, and was heartbroken to see there was no affection in them. She grabbed his wrist and tried to pull his arm down when something suddenly happened that shocked both of them.

The venom. It stuck right back at Gusion and suddenly activated all over him.

His eyes widened and he hastily backed away, finally letting Guinevere breath properly.

She watched as Gusion lifted his hands to look at them now wrapped in his Venom Armor's strong material, then he turned to her.

"What is this? What did you do?!"

"Gusion?!" Granger yelled upon hearing his voice. "Open this goddamn door, Paxley!"

"Gusion, do not hurt her!" Lesley added.

But Guinevere and Gusion were just standing there, staring at each other with bewildered faces.

He looked like a lot of questions had finally formed in his violent-programmed mind. And she just had as much to tell him that she ended up being speechless. Dumbfounded.

Then something flashed in his blue eyes that grew both hope and fear inside her chest.

It was something like a momentary flash of memory, a split second of hesitation that made her look away from him.

Then the door flew right against the wall across it and Dyrroth came barging the door, followed by Granger and Lesley and the others.

The rest of them stopped the moment they saw Gusion standing still and doing nothing.

Dyrroth, on the other hand, did not risk it.

He grabbed Gusion by the collar and yanked him backwards.

Gusion regained his stubborn side and elbowed the guy in the process, and they both went staggering in opposite directions before regaining their balance.

Gusion's eyes scanned the room before he gradually stepped back, heading towards the window where he came in.

Apparently, he knew he was no match for their number and was planning to escape.

Lesley saw that and ran towards the window, blocking his way before he could jump off.

"Get out of my way." he snarled.

"You're not getting away. " Lesley said persistently.

He grabbed a blade sheathed around his waist and pointed it right at Lesley's neck. "Just because you let me go doesn't mean I trust you. Redhead. "

"You let him go?! " Guinevere blurted out.

Lesley frowned but kept her gaze at Gusion. "We're your friends, Gus. "

"Put that blade down or I swear it'll end up in your throat." Dyrroth warned.

Gusion looked at him without taking the blade off Lesley. "You sure you could do that fast enough to save this redhead? "

"Dyrroth, don't. " Guinevere interrupted as Dyrroth had taken a step closer to Gusion.

The former looked at her in annoyance while the latter smirked.

But Guinevere merely stared at him, thankful for that invisible barrier that was still inside her chest. "Let him. "

"What are you talking about?! " Granger blurted out and advanced.

"Stay there. " she stopped him.

"He's going to hurt her!"

"Then let him. " Guinevere said coldly.

Gusion's smirk was replaced with a snarl, his thick brows furrowing as he glared at her.

"I'd like to see him hurt his fianceé. " She said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Can you imagine the agony you would be putting yourself into the moment that barrier you have in your mind would crumble down and all your logical senses would come rushing in?"

"What are you talking about?! " he growled.

"Nothing. It's just that redhead you're threatening is your childhood friend and fianceé." She feigned a smirk as she saw how hesitation filled his face. "To watch a man kill his fianceé isn't something one could see everyday. So please, go ahead."

Gusion stared at her, probably doubting. He looked at the others over his shoulder, all of them looking at him seriously as they now get what Guinevere was trying to do.

Then he looked at Lesley, a crease forming in his brows as he stared at her every feature.

Guinevere looked away as she felt a stabbing pain in her chest.

But maybe this was the only way to make him listen.

And maybe this was the only way to put an end to their hopeless unspoken relationship that would only bring them to their doom.

Gusion's jaws set, his mind apparently arguing whether he should go do his original intention or consider what Guinevere had said.

His hand was gripping his blade tightly that the veins popped at its back, but Guinevere couldn't figure out if he was stopping himself from pressing the blade towards Lesley or pulling it away against his will.

Lesley was staring at him, her blue eyes unflinching despite her dangerous position.

It gave Guinevere a wave of guilt inside her chest. Maybe Lesley had more faith towards Gusion than she ever did.

Maybe Lesley deserved Gusion more than she ever did.

The rest of them did no attempt to attack, giving Gusion time to fight with himself, their hopes grasping for that momentary hesitation he was having.

And when they thought he was really going to slash the blade across Lesley's neck, he grunted angrily but stepped back, his teeth gritted.

He was panting but he glared at Guinevere and flicked the blade to the floor right next to her foot. "This is ridiculous. "

It took a lot of her will power to not flinch.

Gusion finally let out a sigh and sat at the edge of the bed, his gaze piercing and his frown irritated.

"They planted a chip in your spine, which plants violent thought on your brain." Chou said. "We already took it out, but your brain is still recovering from recognizing stimulants of certain emotions."

"You mean I am being violent for nothing?" Gusion snapped, turning towards Chou's direction. "You locked me in the basement! Who would think you're friends with ones who locks you up in their basement?! "

"You tried to harm Guinevere! " Granger reminded.

Gusion glanced at her again, but this time it wasn't too violent. His expression was unreadable, but it didn't fail to stir something inside Guinevere.

Then they both looked away at the same time.

"So who did this to me? " Gusion asked.

"Baker. A mad scientist who experiments with human and turn them into killing machines."

"A killing machine? " he repeated, angry sarcasm in his voice. "Is that what I am right now? "

"No. " Karina answered, a crease forming in her forehead. "That's what we've been wondering about. They let you keep your physical body and just gave you an armor, and wiped your memory. Usually they dismantle everything in a human and just leave the head to mess with it."

Gusion scoffed. "Am I supposed to be relieved by that? "

"No." Harley butted in. "That's why Hanabi's out to get Hanzo and bring him here. "

"What?! " Guinevere snapped, only hearing about the news. "Isn't that suicide? "

She looked at them and caught how the King of Fighters squad all looked away as if they knew that fact, and the Venom squad's expressions turned stony, except for Grock, whose expression had always been unreadable.

"Was that the best plan you could think of?! "

"Shut it, Baroque." Lesley butted in. "If I remembered correctly, you were stuck inside this room for almost a week. Now tell me, was that the best plan you could think of? "

Guinevere turned to her, anger spiking up her chest.

But then she realized she had no right to be angry. Lesley was right after all.

"Alright, I hate to interrupt this argument but... " Gusion said, making both of the ladies turn to his direction. "Who the hell are you people again? "

Dyrroth who was nearest him rolled his eyes and headed towards the door, uninterested with the repeat introduction.

It was Granger who took the liberty to introduce them as he pointed at them respectively.

"Aurora, Chou and Aurora, the King of Fighters Club you met here in Zen City. These guys are Harley, Angela, Grock, the Venom squad that you founded yourself. There's one more member, Hanabi, who volunteered to look for the guy that wiped your memory."

The frown on Gusion's forehead deepened, probably at the thought that someone was doing something for him.

"And you are? "

"Granger. A demon hunter you met and fought with against the Abyss creatures when they invaded the Moniyan Palace."

"Whatever this Moniyan Palace is, I will hear some other time. Too much information is making my brain ache." he said, rubbing his temple with his thumb as he turned to look at Lesley. "And you... "

Their eyes met, an awkward atmosphere spread all over the room.

Maybe it was weird meeting someone you'd known your whole life as strangers.

But even then, Guinevere couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy inside her chest.

She looked down at her own shoes, hoping the wall behind her would just suck her in as their own.

"And what about girlie over here? " he asked.

It took her a couple of seconds to realize he was talking about her, and she lifted her gaze to see everyone were staring at her.

They looked dumbfounded, as if they didn't know what to tell Gusion about her.

She caught the apologetic look on Granger's face, and the sarcastic glare Gusion had at her direction.

"Uhh, this is Guinevere. One of your tr—"

"Friends." She cut Granger off. "We're in the King of Fighters club together, and had fought a few battles together." She added, trying to downside the times they've had.

She didn't want to complicate things again.

Maybe this was really how things were meant to end up.

Gusion stared at her, suspicion on his eyes. "That's it?"

"Yes." She answered too quickly.

Gusion scoffed and finally looked away. "And I could've thought you'd always been someone who annoyed the hell out of me all the time." He said and scanned the room. "So? Are you really gonna help me retrieve my memories?"

"And your attitude. You're sounding so condescending right now I wanna shoot you once in the knee." Granger said, his voice serious as he casted a look at Gusion before heading out of the room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HANABI  jumped right over the white car speeding past through the highway, the impact from coming so high up made a dent right under her boots.

The car swerved, almost hitting the car at the next lane which was slightly behind them, Hanabi almost falling off if one of the spider legs of her Nephila armor hadn't pierced itself right on top of the car's roof.

"Hey!" Someone yelled.

She had to turn and position herself in the middle of the roof so she could see the owner without falling off.

It was the man she came to see.

Hanzo.

He had his body slightly out of the backseat window so he could look up at her.

He was wearing the same clothes, except for the black mask he had on his face, revealing what was behind them.

Hanabi hadn't really seen his face before.

He was wearing this shadow mask when they faced off during this big fight that she hadn't taken a glance even at his own eyes.

And it was strange for her to see him so human like this.

Even his annoyed expression as he looked up at her made her believe for a second it wasn't really the former shadow Hanzo.

"This car is really expensive! How dare you put dents on it!"

Hanabi scoffed. "You have stooped even lower with your standards, Hanzo, caring about materialistic things like this."

"And you're still as hopeless as ever, Hanabi."

She hated how he said her name with a sound of mischievous amusement in them. It was like he knew completely well he could take her down whenever he liked, and it just made her temper rise even higher.

Utilizing her armor, she swung herself in the other window of the car, breaking it in the process as she jumped inside.

She pressed her blade against his neck right before he could do anything.

She saw how his jaw clench and his brows furrow in displease.

The driver in front slowed down his driving as he glanced behind through the rearview mirror.

"Keep going." Hanzo ordered.

"What are you gonna do? You can't leave your body in here even for even a split second or you'll gonna end up headless."

His eyes piercingly stared at her. "What do you want?"

"Gusion."

His brows arched up, intrigued and confused.

She pressed her blade harder against his skin as irritation spiked up inside her. "The boy you'd just turned into a killing machine!"

His eyes lit up in recognition, and he even managed a mischievous smile despite his situation. "Oh, that tough guy. So his name was Gusion. He hadn't had the chance of telling me last time because when I asked him, he said he couldn't remember."

Hanabi gritted her teeth, restraining the urge to just kill her mortal enemy all at once.

"How do I get it back?"

"Get what back?"

"His memories!"

Hanzo chuckled. "Oh, dear Hanabi..." He muttered, looking sideways before turning back to her. "Please don't tell me you fell for someone who doesn't see your worth again..."

Her blade was already making his neck bleed slightly. "Don't provoke me, Hanzo."

"Fine. Fine." He muttered.

She casted a glare at him before turning to the driver and kicking the back of his seat. "You. Turn the car around and head to the new location of the GPS."

She glanced at the small screen in the middle of the dashboard.

Precisely it was blinking a new address that was obviously the King Of Fighters squad HQ.

Count it to Aurora who never disappoints.

She turned back to Hanzo, the spider legs of her armor all now aimed at his direction. "Make a move and you'll lose your eye."

Instead of getting scared, he stared at her armor with an amused look on his face. "Fascinating. Now how deep of a sorrow could you possibly be in to attract this kind of creature?"

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

He chuckled again. "Why am I not surprised that you don't even know why you got such a parasite to have you as a host?"

"Tell me!"

"Not until you let me go."

"Must I remind you who has the upper hand?"

"What discourages you of the idea that I'm giving you the upperhand?

"Why don't you just admit that human desire has weakened you?" She seethed.

"Has it?" He asked instead, his eyes staring closely at her face that she started hating it.
"I wonder if it really has..." He muttered, the hanging tone in the end of his statement making Hanabi think it was implying something.

She couldn't wait to get away from this guy. He was just so downright evil to be around her.

She kicked the back of the driver's seat again. "Drive like your life depends on it! Because it is!" She demanded.

Instantly, the car zoomed through the streets in a blur, hurtling through other cars and motorbikes.

By the time they ascended at the lobby of the HQ, everyone except for Guinevere and Dyrroth were there.

Granger, who happened to look over his shoulder when they arrived, frowned in displease upon seeing the guy. "Do we really need this guy to be here?"

Lesley nudged him at the side. "He can help us regain Gusion's memories."

Granger scoffed and glared at Hanzo. "I gotta say," he said, looking at everyone else in the room. "This place is getting full of murderous people."

"I'm pleased to have a welcome squad." Hanzo said, smirking.

Hanabi had his hands bound and she had gotten rid of his blades while they were still on the road, leaving him with no weapons.

"You wish." Chou said hatefully.

Hanabi's gaze fell on Gusion.

She was surprised to see him there with the others.

He was standing right next to Lesley wearing his Venom armor.

Clearly a lot had happened while she had been gone.

"What happened to the armor I gave you?" Hanzo asked when he saw Gusion.

He didn't really looked please to see him in the Venom armor.

"How did you get that back, Gus?" Hanabi asked.

Gusion looked at her as if wondering who she was. "It was with that girl, Guinevere." He muttered, his voice colder than usual and his voice emotionless.

"Interesting." Hanzo muttered.

Hanabi kicked the side of his knee, making him grunt. "Why don't you just tell us everything you know and stop mumbling?!"

"Hanabi, calm down." Lesley said.

"No. This guy knows about Venom. He knows why the creatures had taken us as a host."

Hanzo started chuckling, making all of them look at him who was getting up from falling on one knee because of Hanabi's kick.

Harley came in front of them. Hanabi rarely saw the boy getting mad, so it gave a chill inside her to see him glaring piercingly at Hanzo. "Tell us all about it."

"Oh. If it isn't the little fire-playing midget." Hanzo teased.

Cards appeared through the gaps of Harley's fingers, and Hanabi knew all too well they were sharper than any knife could get. "Spill."

Instead, Hanzo just chuckled a little louder, the sound giving dark chills over the silent room. "You poor, miserable people..." His eyes traveled from Harley, to Angela, to Grock, to Gusion and finally to Hanabi as if their situations amused him so much. "At some point in your life, you found nothing to hold on to but your despair..."

The way he stared at Hanabi made her feel strange, his words seemingly revealing parts of her she did not want anyone to know.

"That's enough!" She ordered.

"Oh," He muttered, his eyes lighting up as if remembering something as he looked around the room. "Where's my little curious case of violet?"

"Are you referring to Guinevere?" Granger snarled.

"Yes. I guess that's her name. She's quite interesting. I guess she's a lot stronger with that magic released, don't you think?"

"Released?" Lesley repeated, only hearing it for the first time.

"Gusion said her magic was blocked by someone called Alice." Aurora answered.

"I said that?" Gusion asked.

Hanabi did not know what was going on. How could Gusion not know the person he was probably so concerned about before? And why did he turn to Lesley when he asked that question as if she was the person he trusted the most inside that room?

Lesley, on the other hand, looked at everyone with a guilty look on her face before looking away. "Y-yes. You were t-together right before you were caught." She answered, her voice a little weaker than usual.

"I see what's going on here." Hanzo said, grinning wide at Lesley who had fear in her face. "I suppose you expect me to...keep my mouth shut, do you?"

"What is he talking about?" Gusion asked again.

"Oh, nothing." Hanzo answered.

"Shut up and just tell us how to restore Gusion's memories?" Hanabi demanded.

"Restore his memories?" Hanzo repeated, mockingly frowning as if thinking. "I don't think I can."

Hanabi had been full of it that she smacked him by the back of his neck, jerking him forward into his knees before he looked up at her over his shoulder, his eyes fierce and his teeth bared in anger.

But Hanabi grabbed him by the back of his collar and dragged him towards the basement door.

"Let me show you who has the upper hand right now coz you seem to be a little confused." Hanabi said through gritted teeth. "Angela?" She called.

Angela came towards them in front of the basement door and handed something to Hanabi.

A syringe full of clear liquid.

"Don't you dare——uurgh!" Hanzo's words got cut off as Hanabi thrusted the syringe down into his back, his muscles gradually relaxing until he fell into unconscious a couple of seconds later.

And she threw him into the basement, not even caring by the sound of something falling off into the staircase and apparently hitting the floor below as she slammed the door behind her.

Only then did she turn to face the others and realized they were staring at her with their mouths agaped.

"What?" She asked, getting uncomfortable with the attention.

"Woah." Granger muttered in his low voice.

"Didn't know you were that scary, Spider girl." Chou added.

Hanabi casted both of them a glare as her venom armor retracted, revealing her suit underneath. "It's Nephila." She corrected. "And you better not irritate me if you don't want to end up like that guy."

She headed towards her quarters, suddenly feeling like she had been drained from all the energy she had inside her body.

She collapsed into the bed without even having the chance of thinking about anything that had happened that day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
GUINEVERE followed Lesley at the rooftop when the latter had asked to talk her.

Staring at the lady's back as they ascended the stairs, she could see the seriousness heaved in her shoulders. Guinevere knew Lesley did not bring her there for a little chat.

"What is this all about, Vance?" She asked when they got at the edge of the rooftop, overlooking the skyscrapers all over them.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that, Baroque?!" She snapped as she turned to face her. "What are you doing?"

Guinevere frowned. "What am I doing?"

"Telling him that I'm his fiancée! That's what you did!"

"Because you are, aren't you?!" She fired back, though her heart was wishing hard how that could not be true.

Lesley was at a loss of words, her forehead creasing as she tried to find words to say her argument.

"I——You——I know we're both in love with him!"

-

-

-

Silence.

There was heavy silence between them for almost a minute as the truth was finally being said out loud.

Guinevere didn't even want to acknowledge it.

Because she knew who would be at the losing side of this rivalry.

"I'm not a fool to not see it!" Lesley added.

Guinevere's chest was hammering so fast. It felt like she had just been caught red handed. But she sighed deeply. "And what's the point of you mentioning that, Vance?"

"Because I find it unfair!"

"Unfair?!" Guinevere repeated, quite confused.

"Yes, I want him to see me and only me! And yes, I hated the way he just lose his thinking whenever you're the concern! I HATE EVERYTHING he does for you! But I am not a coward to take advantage of his memory loss to gain his affection! I DO NOT want to acquire his love this way!"

"Are you certain of that?" She asked, her tone irritated and angry of Lesley bothering with those details when what was really important was Gusion's well-being. "Because I would've taken the opportunity without a second thought, Lesley."

Hesitation and surprise flashed in Lesley's eyes as soon as she said that, but Guinevere was determined to snap some sense into her egoistic mind.

"Had the positions been switched and I was given your chance, I would've taken every last advantage I could get from it. I won't care if it sounds unfair, I won't care about my damn pride, I won't care about anything! As long as it could keep Gusion away from being Baker's killing machine. So do your role and I'll do mine."

She turned and left before Lesley could even say a word, because Guinevere was afraid she would break down crying in front of her and admit how painful it really was to be in her position.

She blinked back the tears in her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself as she descended the stairs, only for her heart to skip a beat when she saw Gusion sitting at one of the swivel chairs in the lobby, his face expressionless as he looked at her.

And it came. Her fear came.

One look from him and her heart started racing so fast, and along it came the guilt and the shame and the despair she was supposed to feel sooner.

It was like a wall in her heart that had been barricading her emotions broke, and all of it came flooding in.

It was her fault he was like that. It was her fault he lost all his memories, all his emotions. It was her fault he was that cold that anyone could've froze from it.

She even felt a chill run down her spine by how piercing his gaze was towards her.

She avoided his gaze and ran down the stairs, heading straight to her room before her emotions could give her away.

**************************************************************************************************

By the way, who among you here has Genshin Impact? Would like to gain some friends there and play Co-Op 😊

Anyways, thank you for waiting for me. I hope you'll keep waiting for my updates. I've been really out of creative juices lately so I couldn't update.

Love lots!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 2.3K 46
Caught between the war of light and darkness, runaways Gusion and Guinevere crossed paths and developed a bond stronger than they could even admit to...
2K 98 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
4.3M 142K 195
"Potter," Phoebe says curtly. James frowns and says harshly, willing the odd feeling he has to go away, "Griffin, all of that stuff still doesn't mak...
Abandoned wife By Abhi

General Fiction

934K 36.7K 48
Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from them. It cause unbearable pain at first but...