KIDS -- liam O'Donovan

By apollosbiggestfann

I am just a kid I never use my brain I only use my heart And my imagination ... More

KIDS
Cast
SEASON 1
New Life's Eve
Bad Luck Boy
By The Book
Family Values
Anarchy In The DG
Secrets
Good Luck Boy
Aimee's Mum
Moving On
Season 2
Burnywood Menace
Drained.
Crushed
Refugees
Money
Elektra
What you don't know

Day at the Beach

292 4 0
By apollosbiggestfann

Mike decided that we would go to the beach to celebrate my mum getting locked away. Now that the scars on my legs had healed over, i could wear shorts.

We all get on the bus and I sit beside Liam. Mike shows us a video camera we are bringing with us and gives it to Tracy.

We aren't even 2 metres away from where we were and Tee throws up.
"Ewww." We all say. We actually leave and Tracy cleans it up and I record her with the video camera.

Bad idea giving it to me and Liam.

"You missed a bit." Liam says and both of us laugh.

"It stinks!" I say. "When it gets hot in here it's gonna.." I can't even finish my sentence and gag.

"Shut up." Tracy says and throws the cloth she used to clean the vomit at me and Liam. We both start retching and Liam throws it at Frank.

Tracy's phone starts to ring and her first reply to the person is, "Is this a joke?" So I start to record her. She hangs up. "200 smackers."

"What's this?" Mike asks her.

"A online bookstore just bought a load of my books!"

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"Don't act so surprised!"

"Can they read?" Liam jokes making me laugh.

"I'm rich."

"Uh Tracy. Don't forget you owe Cam the money." Gina reminds her, bursting her bubble.

"Well I'm rich until I tell Cam."

***

Tracy took the video camera back and was recording everyone. They were all talking about why Tee was sick, but me and Liam found more pleasure in torturing Sapphire.

"Looking good Sapph." I tell her as she smears her lipstick going over a bump.

"Who's it for, Mr Crab?" Liam says.

"What about Mr Fish?" I make a fish face.

"Mr Octopus?" Frank adds waving his arms.

"Grow up, guys." She tells us, fed up.

"I've done a checklist for everybody. Let's start with me. Me. Check. Towel. Check. Packed lunch. Check. Spade with loose handle. Check. Who's next?" Gus says.

"Oh. Me, me, me!" Liam says raising his hand. "Head. Check." He knocks his head making me and Frank laugh.

"Liam! Towel."

"Check! Oh no, it's stripey!"

"That's my towel, that one's yours." I say taking the towel and putting it back in my bag.

"Trunks?" Gus asks.

"They're not check." He says pulling everything out of the bag.

"Mike, Liam forgot his trunks!"

"We can't turn back now. Never mind. You can always go in your underpants!" Mike says and I start to laugh hysterically.

"Eh! I don't think so." He says, shaking his head.

"Oh what's wrong. We've all done it."

"How did you forget them! You balloon!" I laugh.

"Oh shut up! Let's do it." I hand him the sign, him and Frank put them up against the window. We all start to laugh because the signs read 'beach bum' .

Tracy starts to record us all again so we show her the signs.

***

"I've got a great idea. Let's tell a story, we'll go round everyone and each say a couple of sentences and see where we get to. I'll start." Tracy says. "It's called 'A Day At The Beach'. There is a group of kids that set have set off for the beach in a minibus."

"Can I ask a question, it's about the tyre pressure?" Gus asks.

"A minibus with the correct tyre pressure is rolling down the street. Right who wants to go first?"

"Me." Lily says. "There was a girl on it and she wanted to go on the beach and make sandcastles covered in shells."

"Wow. Was she going to live there?"

"Yeah!"

"By herself, or was there gonna be other kids there too?"

"Yeah. There'd be.. It would.. I don't know."

"There's a massive game of football going on in the sea!" Liam continues and Tracy turns the camera to us. "The lad runs out, straight into the waves, it's a one off header... Everybody goes mental."

"Suddenly the boy realises he's got no trunks on.. Then a crab comes along, hunting for winkles!" Sapphire continues.

"Nip, nip, nip!" I add.

"Haha. Shut up!" Liam says sarcastically.

"Alright! Time out of from the story please." Mike says, sick and tired of fighting.

"I need some new trunks, like now." I look at the window and see a services sign.

"There's services coming up." I tell him. "Mike? I really need the toilet."

"Yeah. Me too."

"Well, there's a service station coming up.." Mike says and pulls in. He opens the door and we all get off the bus and into the service station.

Me, Liam and Frank stop when we see a man cleaning drawings of his picture on the board and start laughing at him before we continue to walk. I grab Liam and drag him into the photo booth.

* imagine this is Aimee and Liam.

We get out and they print.
"Ha! Look at your face!" I say to him.

"Yeah, well yours isn't any better!"

"I don't know what you mean, I look gorgeous!"

I pose as Liam just smiles back at me, "as always."

I ignore the funny feeling in my stomach and we walk over to Frank and find a bucket of dirty water, mop and wet floor sign.

"It'll be a shame to waste this." Liam says.

"Alright come on let's go." We all pick them up and walk out. When we get out I grab a piece of card board and write Car wash on it while Frank and Liam start pushing the mop in my face.

"Stop!" I laugh and finish the sign.

"Right here's the scam. A car pulls up, we throw dirty water over it. They have to pay for us to mop it off. It's the oldest trick in the book, don't worry. Here's one." Liam tells us.

He picks up the bucket but the car window is open.

"Liam." "Liam don't.." Me and Frank try to stop him but it's to late. He throws the water and the man looks furious. Liam looks at us and nods.

"We better run!" We drop everything and sprint, with the man not far behind us. We all catch up with Mike and walk alongside him.

"Hey guys. How you doing?" We all just nod and turn to see Gus messing with the tyres. "Gus? What are you doing?"

"I was checking the tyre. And all the air came out." He explains.

"Oh! Well I suppose we can drive across to the service area and pump it up again."

"Driving on a flat tyre may severely damage the lining."

"Right."

"We have a spare tyre though."

"That's good." Mike gets up to get the spear tyre from the back.

"Looks like we are stuck here for a while." I say shoving my hands in my jacket pockets.

***

"Are you sure that's tight enough Mike?" Gina asks and we all laugh. "We don't want the wheel to come off do we?"

"No, we don't. Right then. Everybody in!" We all start to get back in when the the man from earlier comes over.

"Are you in charge of this... of these..?" He says gesturing to all of us.

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"Yes, there is a problem. First, this child attacks my confectionary display with an inflatable horse!" He points at Carmen.

"Seahorse!" She corrects.

"Come on inside." Mike tells her.

"It was an accident!"

"Some of them took whatever they felt like!" He looks at Tracy, who was holding the camera.

"Uhh, I paid."

"And finally, a customer was assaulted by three yobbos armed with a mop... A wet mop! And a bucket!" Me, Liam and Frank look at each other and hide behind the bus door.

"There are no 'yobbos' in our group. Did you see the culprits?" Mike asks.

"Not personally, no."

"Well these three were with us the whole time. Come on. On you go." We see the man who chased us saying it wasn't the three Mike showed. "And I find you'll believe none of the children in our care, would dream of behaving in that fashion. I think we'll be on our way. Thank you very much."

Mike gets in and starts to drive off while, me, Liam and Frank start making funny faces at the man, not knowing Tracy was recording us.

When we are back on the road Mike speaks,

"Frank. Liam. Aimee. Got anything to say?"

"We haven't done anything." Liam lies.

"Yeah." I agree

"We didn't-" Frank starts but Mike cuts him off.

"Listen here. Pull a stunt like that again and.. and..."

"And you'll be going home." Gina finishes for him.

"Exactly, that's it."

"Sorry." "Sorry." "Sorry." We all mutter.

"It won't be me you'll be apologising to if we have to turn back."

Turns out we were heading back home anyways.

"Not possible."

"This is the A736 into town." Gus states.

"We can get my trunks!" Liam says.

"No way!"

"I can get my phone." I say.

"I might change my top." "I need the toilet." Sapphire and Carmen add.

"There is no way we're going back to the house!"

***

We ended up back at the house, so me and Liam ran upstairs so I could get my phone and he could get his trunks. We started walking downstairs again and Liam had his trunks over his head and his sunglasses on.

"What are you looking at?" He asks everyone else and they all laugh. We walk down and Mike and Gina are talking about the sat-nav being broke and Mike goes into the office.

"I'll be taking those." I say taking Liam's sunglasses and putting them on.

"But you have your own."

"Yeah but you lost them so...."

"No I didn't."

"Uh yeah you did. Anyways there's no point in trying because these are mine now." I smile innocently at him and get back in the minibus.

***

"Are we there yet?" Liam asks but just gets ignored. "I'm going to bury you with this."

He turns to me holding up his spade.

"Why though?" I laugh shaking my head.

"Cause that's what you do at beaches."

"Well you'll have to get me to stay still first before you can even try."

"Oh trust me-" He stops when Johnny pours his fruit shoot on us both. I gasp.

"You did that on purpose!"

"What the hell Johnny!"

"I feel sick!" Tee complains.

We pull over so Tee can vomit and me and Liam mess with Sapphire because it is really funny how annoyed she gets. We get back on the bus again and I start to drift off, laying my head down on something soft.

I wake up with my head on Liam's shoulder and him shaking me.
"What?" I ask him annoyed.

"We are at the service station."

"Ok well when we get back on I'm using you as a pillow."

We all get off and go inside again. We finally get in to get food after the man protests against it.

"Ha!" Liam says in the mans face. We go to some tables and Mike comes over.

"Ok. Who wants what?" Toby puts his hand up straight away. "That was quick."

"I've lost Mr Hamster." I roll my eyes. Why would he bring a hamster.

"What? Mr..? You brought the hamster?"

"In here?" Gina asks.

"I brought him in for a snack."

"God give me strength."

"He might be outside."

"That hamster is history." Liam says.

"Roadkill." Frank adds.

"A hairy pancake." I joke.

"You're going to have to leave him here."

Mike tells Toby.

"I can't..."

"This animal is not stopping me.. us from getting to the seaside! Not after I promised to get us there."

"Then I'll have to stay here."

"Me too! I can help.." Johnny adds persistently.

"Not possible."

"I promised I wouldn't leave him behind."

"We need to find Mr. Hamster. No-one gets left behind." I say to Mike.

"Alright. Whatever it takes." I get up on top of the table.

"Alright, everybody, listen up!" I grab the sat-nav from Mike. "Free sat-nav to whoever finds the hamster!"

Everyone begins screaming while Liam and Frank are dying of laughter. Maybe that wasn't the best idea. A big man comes over and hands Toby the hamster.

He comes over to me and I hand the sat-nav to him but Mike takes it first.

"No, she was joking about the sat-nav."
The man just keeps holding his hand out. Mike finally hands it over. "He's got my sat-nav." I just shrug and the man, who I now know is the owner of this place, comes over.

"Just go. As quickly as you can. And never come back here ever again. Please. Just go now." He says.
I jump off the table onto Liam's back.

"Carry me back to the car. Please and thank you." I order.

"Ok your royal highness." He says sarcastically.

We start to walk back to the car and Mike said we are going to get fish and chips.

"I don't like fish." I complain. Fish is disgusting.

"Well, you can get something else than." Liam tells me.

"Well keep yours away from me. It smells worse than you."

"Wow. Thanks."

When we get back to the minibus Mike accidentally puts diesel in instead of petrol so we have to try and push start it but it doesn't work.

We all sit at the side of the road and Tracy is showing us the video so far and we see Johnny changing the sat-nav. We all go over to him and when Mike questions him he runs off and Liam chases after him, tackling him to the ground.

I guess our police chases pay off. They come back and Johnny confesses why he didn't want to go to the beach and that he was sorry for ruining it for me and everyone else.

Then help comes and we get back to go to the beach. We all get back in the minibus and I put my head on Liam's shoulder again.

"I'm going to sleep and using you as a pillow like I said, so stay still." I mumble to him and fall asleep.

***

We finally get to the beach and get some food. Liam takes his fish and starts putting it in front of my face.

"Get that away from me or I swear, I will knock it out of your hand."

"Okay, okay I'm sorry."

After we eat Liam and I are waiting for everyone to get changed to go in the sea, but Liam being Liam is too impatient and throws me over his shoulder and runs into the water.

"Liam! Put me down!"

"Ok. If you insist." He drops me in the water.

"Oh, you are so dead." I grab his wrist and pull him in with me. We both just start splashing each other and everyone else come and joins in.

Maybe today wasn't a total disaster.

2495 words

(A/N): SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE IM ON HOLIDAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 157 10
I made this because character ai was down for me๐Ÿ’€ Y'ALL DON'T ATTACK ME FOR THIS I SWEAR I WAS JUST BOREDโ€ผ
13.3K 132 14
Lexi Garvey, 18 years old and on holiday with her family in Benidorm staying at the three star hotel the Solana along with her boyfriend Tiger Dyke...
271K 7.8K 133
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."