wildest dreams | BRIDGERTON

By DelilahSpencer33

Lady Adeline Dahlia Carrington was known to be very peculiar. Beautiful.... but strange. Everywhere she went... More

❝ 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐇𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 ❞
❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍 ❞
❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 ❞
𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐒
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟒 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟕 | 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧

𝟎𝟗 | 𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧

9.9K 318 28
By DelilahSpencer33

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The season's opening ball at Danbury House is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent Street will be on display.

Titled, chaste and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth.

Tonight, we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful, dismal condition known as the 'spinster.'

Dressed in a beautiful red and gold ball gown, detailed with small diamonds and pretty pearls, Adeline watched Gwen through her mirror as she finished placing golden threads into her hair, tied into the small plaits. Adeline had gone for most of her hair being down once again - not expecting to do much dancing this evening. Her choice of the red dress was simply because she had favoured the dress and colour among the others and she was known to be odd and to stand out, so why should she hold back.

"You look beautiful Adeline." Gwen complimented her, smiling at her in the reflection of the mirror.
"Not merely as beautiful as you are dear Gwen. I wish you could come with me." Adeline sighed.

"Thank you your grace, but I imagine everyone in the ton and London would disagree. You are after all the gem of the season," she teased.
"Must you keep repeating Lady Whistledown's words? Tonight is going to be full of boys wanting to win this gem, just so they can show off. Well, they'll be sad when they realise I do not intend to marry unless it is for love." She ranted.
"Just as you should. I have never met anyone who deserves true love more than you do Lady Carrington." Gwen stepped away so Adeline could admire her hair.

"It's lovely Gwen. Thank you," Adeline turned to properly face the girl. "And I hope you find love one day - any man would be luckily to have you by his side." Adeline was blind to the drop of happiness on Gwen's face at the mention of her own love life. Gwen had been in love before. In fact she still was in love, she had recently discovered. But she would never tell a single soul. Not even Adeline.

"Sister-" Sebastian stopped by her bedroom door. "You look as beautiful as ever Adeline. I believe we should be off now - wouldn't want to be late." Sebastian was always one for punctuality.

"Of course brother. If one were late then who knows how embarrassing it would be for said family." She taunted sarcastically, rolling her eyes playfully. Sebastian sent her a small glare, but his eyes were filled with humour.
"Gwen - have tea and cakes ready for when I'm back - I do believe a girl night is far over due." Adeline smiled brightly at her before hooking her arm through her brother's as the two left.

⚜️

"Shall we be staying long brother?" Adeline asked him as they were helped out of the carriage, gazing up at Lady Danbury's House, which had been decorated throughout the day. She had seem painters arrive when she was here earlier. It was evening now and darkness had began to fall, so the fairy lights and candles made everything seem magical along with the music. She could hear the violins from outside, and oh how she wished she too could perform her music like such. They made their way inside together. Father and grandfather both were not attending this evening as they both had no need to. Adeline also secretly thought it was because neither wanted to listen to Sebastian boss them all around. Sebastian liked to think he was the man of the household most times, even though he wasn't.

"Allow them to come to us, sister." Sebastian told her.

"You mean allow them to come to me?" She raised an eyebrow, un-looping her arm from his. "And why can't I go and sought out boys I wish to speak to. Why waste my time speaking to people I have no interest in?" She spoke in a matter of factly.

"I do wish you would stop referring to them as boys." Sebastian huffed, glaring around at everyone.
"Drop the glare, brother. You were the one who forced me into doing this." Adeline rolled her eyes.

"I did not force you sister."
"I suppose force is not the correct word - however you did guilt trip me." She pointed out.

"Be that as it may - you still have been given control over the decision in the end."

"It bewilders me how you think that shouldn't be the case anyway." She tilted her head to the side. "Never mind brother, we are here to have a lovely evening, let us not ruining it by going at each other's throats." She smiled.

"A splendid idea." He agreed before they once again looped arms to move around the room. Adeline watched with careful eyes as people either conversed together or danced in the centre of the room. She was the only girl to wear an eye catching dress as such, with the deep red colour standing out among the whites, silvers, light pinks and baby blues. She received many longing looks along with glares of jealousy but she paid them no mind, as she chatted with her brother. A few gentleman, as her brother preferred her to call them, stoped to talk and introduce themselves but none were up to either Sebastian's standards or Adeline's.

"Must you be by my side all night?" She finally asked him.
"Why? Fed up with me already?" He raised an eyebrow.
"I was fed up with you the minute I exited the womb." She joked but her tone was set in a serious tone. Sebastian laughed at her comment.
"I'm going to go talk to Penelope - I will meet up with you later brother." And before Sebastian could stop her Adeline had began walking to the shorter girl, who was stood to the side in her bright yellow dress.

"Penelope - you look gorgeous this evening, as you always do." Adeline complimented her.

"You flatter me Adeline," Penelope never accepted Adeline's compliments and just shook them off, not believing the girl's words. But with all her heart, Adelie thought Penelope was one of the most beautiful girls in London - inside and out. 
"You must not think so little of yourself Pen," Adeline smiled softly at the girl. "How's the book I lent you?" She changed the topic.
"Oh, it's wonderful. Mama say's it shall confuse my thoughts, but I find the Mad Hatter a rather interesting character." Penelope exclaimed, recalling the few chapters she had read of Alice in Wonderland.
"It was my mother's favourite book. I have read it many a times." Adeline said, fond of the memory of when her mother would read the book to her as she fell asleep when she was younger.

"Mama is calling for me, please do join me and Eloise tomorrow after your callers." Penelope offered.
"I wouldn't miss it." Adeline smiled as the two bid each other a goodbye before parting.Adeline glanced around the room and when she could not see her brother in sight she sighed in relief. Making her way through the room she spotted Simon, just as Daphne Bridgerton ran into him - quite literally. Walking slower she made her way over to them.

"Daphne, Simon," she greeted both, bowing her head in greeting as she graced them with a pretty grin.

"Adeline - you look wonderful," Simon turned to the dark haired girl, as Daphne frowned up at him after the rude way he had spoken to her a moment before Adeline had joined them.

"Basset! Basset!" The three of them turned to see Anthony Bridgerton quickly making his way over, having spotted his old friend from his days at Oxford.

"Bridgerton!" Simon called cheerfully.

"Come here, old friend!" Anthony and Simon shook hands. "I heard news of your father." Daphne moved so she was in between both the two men, looking between them both. "Deuce take it, you are no longer Basset. Hastings!" Simon tried to interrupt him but Anthony kept speaking, "The Duke of Hastings, not known for evermore." Adeline burst into giggles at Simon's displeased look.

"The Duke of Hastings, is it?" Daphne asked Simon in a snarky tone.

"Right, Hastings, this is my sister." Anthony gestured towards Daphne.

"Your sister?" Simon had clearly not known who Daphne was.

"Daphne, Hastings and I know each other from our days at Oxford, days we shall not soon forget." Adeline stifled a laugh.

"Yes. As I am well aware of the company you keep, brother, I am certain your days with His Grace were most civilised, indeed." At Daphne's words Adeline couldn't help but laugh loudly. The sound like a perfect melody. Anthony turned to the side to see her and his eyes went wide. She threw her head back in laughter, giggling.

"Lady Carrington," Adeline stopped her laughing but never dropped her smile as Anthony greeted her.

"Lord Bridgerton." She curtsied a little, graceful but clumsy.

"What have you been drinking Addy?" Simon teased her.

"Nothing - my brother has been watching over me like a hawk with spider's eyes all evening. I have barely escaped his clutches for these moments of pure freedom." She told him dramatically.

"Your brother is Sebastian Carrington?" Anthony asked, already knowing the answer, but wanting to talk with the mysterious dark haired girl which made him mentally kick himself. She had captured his eyes from the moment she smiled at the Queen, and while he had no intentions of marrying, he was drawn to the girl.
"Unfortunately," she blushed a little under his gaze. He had wide dark brown eyes which pulled her in.
"I heard that sister," Sebastian came up behind her, almost scaring her.

"Well isn't that a pity." She told him sarcastically.

"I see you've gotten more sarcastic while I've been in America." He noted. "Duly noted." She just smiled cheekily back at him.

"Basset, Bridgeton, Miss Bridgerton." Sebastian greeted the others.
"Carrington, it's been a while." Simon nodded, his face stern. He and Sebastian never really got on.

"Sure has. I hear you are now the Duke of Hastings," Sebastian recalled. Adeline could sense a hint of jealousy in her brother's tone. Either from the fact that Simon was a Duke, or because he had always sensed that Adeline felt that Simon was more of a brother to her than he was.

"Will we be seeing you at our club? Both of you?" Anthony asked the two men.
"Indeed." Simon nodded.

"We shall see - I'm only in London until Adeline is married." Sebastian hesitated.
"Brother - I may not marry this year." Adeline interrupted, correcting him.

"Yes- well, let's hope otherwise." Sebastian then walked off, expecting Adeline to follow.
"Sorry for my brother - he's the definition of an arse." Simon chuckled at the girl while Anthony and Daphne both stared at her in shock for such words they never assumed a girl from the ton would say. "I must follow after however, wouldn't want the hawk to begin pecking eyes out. It was lovely to see you Daph, Simon, and nice to meet you Lord Bridgerton." She grinned.

"Please, call me Anthony." He told her, standing up straight.
"Then you must call me Adeline, Anthony." She gently waved at them before following after her brother, wanting to call it an evening and go back home to drink tea and eat cakes with Gwen. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 96 14
Duty, Honor, and Loyalty are the words that Anthony Bridgerton deemed to be his virtues. Yet if you were to ask Angel she would list out all his faul...
3.1K 81 12
"My heart ached for her when she wasn't near, but it skipped a beat when I saw her." It is Elizabeth Johnston's second debutante, she finds it press...
1M 36.9K 35
"My final letters, were they read? Or were they written in vain?" Although born in France, Juliette Villeneuve often spent her childhood summers in L...
125K 3K 16
Magnolia || Colin Bridgerton Every member of the London ton in 1813 knew of the closeness between the Bridgerton and Hayward families. They summered...