Letters to Inmate 29901

By misslibbyj

[This story is now FREE!] Lillie's letters are Dimitri's lifeline in prison, but when he gets out and his vio... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Life After Lockup! Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
In Love with a Criminal! Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92 - Epilogue
Author's Note!

Chapter 8

37.7K 1.5K 183
By misslibbyj

CHAPTER 8

Dimitri

Life in prison was harsh. Another day gone and dusted, just to repeat it again and again. 

I walked out to the yard. It was the only place in this shit-hole to get some fresh air. The yard was large with a gym section I worked out on most mornings, but usually kept it to a minimum. Too many inmates hanged around there, that meant too many gangs. I avoided all prison gangs at all costs.

Besides the yard, the only place I ever bothered to go was the library. It was the only other place to find solitude besides my cell, few inmates went there. Catching up with Jimmy, the only decent guy that I knew, was a plus up there, too. The only other place I was constantly at was in the washrooms, where I worked for about $5 per week. It wasn't much, but I got me a few things I wanted, like purchasing dirty magazines for one.

I ran around the spacious yard, breathing in the chilled air. It was cold this morning. The grey tracksuit pants and jersey weren't doing very much. The beanie on my head didn't help either.

Your life was a clock in prison. 6:30 am, the bells rang to wake up. 7am to 8am was breakfast time. You can't sleep late in prison. Not that I mind. The dreams haunted me in my sleep. I had no peace. 1pm was lunch and 5:30pm was supper. In between, you either did your job or have some time for yourself.

I missed the outside life. The simple things I missed the most. Buying my own coffee, sitting down at a diner, ordering my favorite breakfast or just taking a drive downtown. But deep down, I knew I deserved each day in this hellhole.

A few guys ran alongside me. They didn't bother me much. Since I came here seven years ago, I've established a certain reputation. The fights back then earned me decent respect. They knew me as Bleeder, a nickname I earned back in the day. But I don't fight anymore. Maybe I don't have any fight left in me.

I keep mostly to myself as much as I can. Being noticed here only gets you hurt or worse... killed. And I don't want unnecessary drama that could risk chances for my parole hearing coming up soon.

I stopped my lap and breathed in deep. The air burned my lungs, but I liked it. I liked the pain. It made me feel alive. You had to keep yourself sane, or else you'll rip your hair out or worse. But after some time, you get used to it and it just becomes everyday life.

I headed next to the gym area and did my daily reps. Fifty push-ups, Fifty sit-ups, bench presses, and lifted some weights.

The sweat dripped from my forehead, hitting the back of my neck. My muscles ached. I always pushed myself to the limit. But I needed to be strong, to feel strong. I returned to my cell, that was in the west wing of the prison, before my job at the washrooms started.

Once inside. I grabbed my towel and soap and headed for the showers. The showers were large, and at least spaced out. That was a good thing. I stood underneath the faucet. Cool water cascaded over my tattooed back. Hot water was a luxury in prison you didn't get often.

I grabbed my soap and washed the sweat off my aching muscles, started with my neck working my way down my body. I only had tattoos on my upper body, I had a hawk on my upper chest which crawled up to my neck. A lion bearing teeth on my back with the Latin words 'Luctor et Emergo' which meant I struggle and emerge, and tribal tattoos on both my arms, with my nickname 'Bleeder' on my right tricep. Each tattoo had a meaning. They stood for who I was. I showered quickly. I hated the idea of staying too long.

***

I worked in the east wing of the prison, opposite where my cell was, washing and steaming sheets. It was tedious work. But it kept me busy and out of trouble, at least.

"You got three loads today," the superintended said.

The superintendent was an inmate too, who just got promoted. He was a mean son of a bitch. I nodded in response. He passed me the heaped baskets filled with dirty sheets. I put on my washed-out green apron and got to work. After about three hours, all my loads were done. I packed away the empty baskets, took off my apron and hanged it up. I headed for the exit, only to be blocked by the bastard's enormous body.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" the superintended sneered. I looked straight ahead, ignoring him before I answered.

"I'm done with my shift." Avoiding eye contact. Damn, this guy could be a fucking jerk some days, heck, most days. And I wasn't in the mood for trouble.

"No, you're not asshole. Here's another load coming in." He bellowed.

My eyes met his snarky gaze. I knew this guy was trying to bait me. Lucky for him, I wasn't taking it. I had too much at stake. And that was a possibility of freedom. I curled my fists into balls at my sides and clenched my jaw, trying to control my anger.

The superintended snapped me back to reality.

"Hey... what you gonna do about it!" he came up to my face. I could smell his rotten breath and his gold tooth glaring at me.

I grimaced.

"Nothing." I took the load.

Damn, I always was a hothead and still am, but prison has taught me to cool it off. I had to admit; the itch was always there to fight.

To punch.

To slam some guy's face against the cold floor.

To knock him out until he fell limp.

It made me feel good. It released my aggression built inside me of years of neglect. Fighting was my life. I was damn great at it, and in turn, attracted Big Ben's attention.

I was only Fifteen years old when he recruited me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 873 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
2.4M 58.9K 46
EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care enough to..." My rambling was cut short...
836K 14.4K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
71.4K 3K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...