šŸš¢š«š¬š­ | šžš§š”š²š©šžš§ ļæ½...

By camisansbtxte

"I'm eighteen years old and haven't done anything with my life... I don't have someone who I can make happy e... More

1: prologue
2: dawn
3: daydreamer
4: project
5: Amy?
6: used
7: 1st first
8: 2nd first
9: recovery
10: forgive me
11: threatened
12: 3rd first
13: vacation
14: island living
15: true intentions
16: meeting you
17: pre-runway looks
18: i think i wanna marry you
19: mother dearest
20: sunghoonie
21: skater boy
23: 5th first
24: you're back
25: mediator
26: i can get used to this
27: i miss you
28: rescued
29: valentine's special
30: 6th first
31: goodbye
32: when you're gone
33: 7th first
34: gossiper
35: Amy
36: 8th first
37: 9th first
38: caught
39: courthouse pt 1
40: courthouse pt 2
41: exams exams exams
42: ghost
43: cant you see me?
44: back story pt 1
45: back story pt 2
46: journey's end
47: listen to me
48: 9th first
49: so many firsts
50: epilogue
51: birthday special
End Credits

22: 4th first

1.8K 103 13
By camisansbtxte

"𝐖𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫,"

~🌙 ~

Eun Hyerin

"I'll have the batchoy and a large coke, please," 

The waiter took my order down and waited for Sunghoon to answer. He ended up getting the same thing with a slice of chocolate cake. After skating, we went to a nearby restaurant for some food. It was nice and not too fancy. It really showed the culture of the Philippines with its decor and local menu. Sunghoon really enjoyed learning about the place - not that I was local. Yes, I'd been here for a few months, but it wasn't nearly enough to call me Filipino. 

We ate our food rather quickly and silently. Skating really did take the energy out of you especially after almost getting squashed. The silence wasn't awkward, it was peaceful. I was concerned though. Sunghoon seemed so excited at the start of the afternoon and now he was barely speaking. Did I say something wrong? 

My mind spun with a million questions. He smiled at me like normal: a handsome, charismatic smile that I loved to see. He wasn't the same anymore. It wasn't until we shared his cake that I finally reached the peak of my curiosity.

"So, what's going on? I can tell something is bothering you," I pondered. He looked up at me and for a second I saw his 'I've been caught' face. Him being him, he shoved it off and plastered on his signature smile. As glad as I was to see it, the fact he was pretending only hurt me more. 

"Please, Sunghoon. We've been together all day. The least you could do is tell me what you're thinking," I pleaded. He sighed and leant back in his chair. He ran his fingers through his hair a few times and looked away as if putting together words in his head. A minute passed before he finally came to say something.

"I like you," 

I let out a light gasp, dropping my fork on the table in the process. Was I shocked? No. Was I confused? Very. He wouldn't have asked me on a date if he didn't like me, but why didn't he look pleased with his statement?

"But?"

"What do you mean but?"

"You like me. Okay - but what else?" I tried to coerce him into telling me the truth and it was clearly proving difficult. He was like an oyster sat at the bottom of the sea who hadn't been opened for how many years. The only difference is that I feared there wasn't a pearl inside. 

"Fine. I like you, but I don't think a relationship is good for you," he stated with a straight face. His eyes scanned my expression which was as blank as his own. A mirror sat between us.

"You don't know what is good for me," 

"Hyerin, I've talked to you the whole day and all you think about is your father's business," he seemed frustrated as the seconds passed. 

"Well, yes that's my life, Sunghoon. It's fact and it has been this way since I can remember. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, but it's clear that that is your path from now on. A relationship, a possible long distance one too, isn't what you need. I wouldn't wish that kind of stress on anyone," Sunghoon explained sincerely and I understood. My work was my life and it was really important to me. I wished that it wasn't in that moment. 

"And if it wasn't stressful for me?" I asked with hope. Sunghoon was a great guy and I liked him a lot too. A relationship with him seemed exciting and made my heart feel full. It was too early on to say much, but it didn't seem like a bad idea. I wanted to try with him.

"It might be for me though," he answered honestly, "I don't think it would work if you were here and I was in Seoul."

"Well I might be going back once the business improves here. I can't be sure yet though,"

"Exactly," he said with a low smile, "It's already difficult and I haven't even asked you out officially yet."

He laughed saying that and it made me smile a bit. At least he thought about it too. That was more than I could ask for. I understood his reasoning well and agreed. I was happy thinking about the two of us together, but everything else made it so easy to be disappointed.

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, Hyerin. It isn't your fault," 

My head was slightly bowed in sadness. I felt a hand reach under my chin and lift my head up. Sunghoon leant across the table making me look closely into his eyes. He grinned at me cheekily with a hint of a smirk. My body shivered at how close he was.

"Come to Seoul and we'll give it another go, okay?" He proposed happily.

"What do you mean?"

"When you do come to Seoul, and you will, find me and I'll be waiting," he smiled at me. He took my hand in his and squeezed it. Instantly, I smiled at his proposition. 

"You mean that?"

"I do," he giggled. His thumb stroked the back of my hand soothingly. It was such a simple gesture but I was instantly relaxed by it. He knew how to treat a girl and I loved that he did. It made me want to go to Seoul with him now, but it wasn't possible.

"Come, I'll take you home," he stood up, offering his hand out to me. We left the restaurant, holding hand and laughing about anything but our worries.

***

Park Jongseong

I sat in the kitchen with a cup of iced tea on the counter. I stared at it as if it held the answers to all my worries. Resting my chin on my palms, I dissolved in the thoughts that swam throughout my brain. Sunghoon spent the day with Hyerin, instead of our plans as a group. Today we were supposed to go kayaking, which we did, but it was not nearly the same. 

I admitted that I was angry, because this trip was special to all of us. We were supposed to spend it together as friends, but as soon as a girl stepped in he ditched. It hurt knowing that he could become more distant as time goes on, but if he was happy who was I to argue? 

Being a good friend was all that mattered to me. 

Suddenly the back door opened and Sunghoon stepped in, creeping around like he didn't want to be caught. I watched him close the door gently and tiptoe his way around.

"You call this ten pm, Park Sunghoon?" 

"SHIT."

He jumped out of his skin at the sound of my voice. He dropped his back pack and fell against the wall. I  couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. 

"Yah, why would you do that?" he asked clutching at his chest. 

"Because of your sad attempt at being quiet," I sneered sarcastically. I offered him the seat across from me and he took it. 

"So how was it? Are you official yet?" I pondered curiously. I tried to hide my slight disappointment and instead focused on how his day went. 

"Good and no we are not,"

"Oh. Why?"

"It wouldn't work out," 

"Why not?"

"She's busy with her father's business and she would be in a different country,"

"Are you sure it wouldn't work anyways?"

"We said that it could,"

"And?"

"Jesus Christ, Jay. What's with all the questions?" Sunghoon raised his voice at me. He scowled, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. I was surprised at his sudden outburst. The Sunghoon I knew wouldn't yell at anyone that didn't deserve it. 

"I'm just curious about what you did. Am I wrong for doing that?"

"Possibly if you're being nosy," Sunghoon almost spat. I frowned at his tone. What was up with him?

"All I want to know is if my best friend scored the girl he liked! Why are you so defensive?!" 

"Because, your best friend has been too busy protecting his best friend's feelings!"

At this point we were both stood up yelling at each other across the table. 

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed at his word play.

"YOU! I can't date Hyerin because of you," Sunghoon yelled pointing at me in anger. 

"That's bullshit, Sunghoon. What have I got to do with this?" I shoved his finger away from me and stepped closer to him. 

"You like Hyerin!"

The room fell silent. I paused at his words recoiling my angered mind. 

"We all know it. Don't even think about lying to me right now," Sunghoon's jaw was clenched and his eyes read every bit of seriousness possible. He was mad and so was I.

I couldn't form a sentence, because I knew he was right. I did like Hyerin, but I wasn't going to pursue it because of him. Thinking about it now, we both had the same reasoning. I was grateful, but the fact he was blaming me riled me up. The defensiveness wasn't needed and the argument was stupid. We could resolve this easily by simply talking. 

However, I was a stubborn person.

Without a word, I stormed out of the kitchen and slammed the door behind me. I ran out of the house and onto the beach which was dark in the night sky. The breeze ran through my hair and refreshed my head from all the negative thoughts.

Why?

Why did we need to fight over a girl?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.7K 28
Love is in the air for Enhypen - with the exception of Ni-Ki, everyone's coupled up (and it doesn't matter to Ni-Ki as he's the center of the fan uni...
82.4K 944 91
š—”š—¦š—™š—Ŗ! hyung line + jungwon only! š¦š®š„š­š¢š©š„šž šØš§šž š¬š”šØš­š¬ ššš§š š¦šØš¬š­ š­šØ š„šžššš¬š­ š„š¢š¤šžš„š² š„š¢š¬š­š¬ š«šžšŖš®šžš¬š­šžš...
115K 5.4K 42
ā you're beautiful, eunju ... and i'll make sure you know how beautiful you really are. āž šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡ ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ ĖŽĖŠĖ— š—Æš—®š—²š—ø š—²š˜‚š—»š—·š˜‚ likes popula...
70.8K 2.7K 21
lets just say...the sexual tension is astronomical tw: VERY intimate conversations, swearing, HYPERSEXUAL TOPICS THAT CAN BE UNCOMFORTABLE, OBSCENE...