The Dollhouse

JKLIZ161 tarafından

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 25: Laurel
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 27: Audrey
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 39: Release
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl

3K 92 34
JKLIZ161 tarafından

I stayed in the bathroom for hours it seemed, contemplating what I was going to do. I couldn't be pregnant. I had an IUD, this had to be something else. Food poisoning? Maybe? Flu perhaps? The overwhelming amount of anxiety and stress that was compounding on me, most likely?

Finally, Liam strode in looking around for me. If I wouldn't have been here I would've thought that slight look of panic crept into his pristine facial features. Relief found its way into him when he found me leaning against the wall by the toilet.

His brows furrowed in confusion and worry and knelt down to my level. "What's wrong my love," he asked, kindness dripping from his words like ice cream  melting on a hot summer day.

"I don't feel well," I replied sheepishly.

"You poor thing," he said with sincerity and placed his hand to my forehead to check for a temperature much like my mother did when I was a child. "You're a little warm, but nothing alarming," he added with a tender smile. His hand slide down from my forehead to my cheek and finally to cup the side of my face rendering. "I'll tell you want, I'll run a bath for you, and go have Abby make you some of her homemade chicken soup. How does that sound?"

"Okay," was all I could say in reply before he hoisted me from the floor and walked with me over to the tub. Still holding me tight against his chest he bent over and turned the faucet on before setting me on my feet beside the tub.

His hands skimmed the hem of my dress. His fingers caressed my thighs as he slide it up them, causing goosebumps to raise up in their wake. His hands brought the dress up, exposing my ass which he gently gripped before continuing my dresses ascent up my waist and then finally over my head. He tossed it beside the tub and took my naked body in with lustful eyes.

"So so beautiful," he said as his eyes wandered over me at a painfully slow rate. He licked his lips in satisfaction.

"In the tub with you," he said picking me up and placing me in the shallow water. "I'll be back in a bit. Go rest in bed after this," he told me and left the room.

I let the water fall on me, attempting to warm my stuff cold vessel of a body.

Gone was the bright girl, the girl who fought for what was right, the determine girl who didn't give up. She had been replaced with a docile lifeless doll.

I stayed in the tub until my fingers pruned and turning ghastly white.

I pulled the tub stopper and stood, the air around causing the hair on my body to stand at attention with it's cold embrace.

I wrapped the towel around me and made my way to the bedroom.

On the bed sat a black silk and lace nightgown and nothing else.

With a sign, I put it on and slipped beneath the covers.

As my head hit the pillow, my eyelids had already closed sending me into the only escape from this place that I would ever find... my dreams.

Two Hours Later

I felt the slight shake of my shoulder, causing my eyes to flutter open and meet Liam's green eyes, hints of darker hues speckled within their emerald orbs. He sat in the edge of the bed beside me, staring down at me.

"Let's go over the rules again, shall we," he asked, the dark specks seeming to grow a bit dark, spreading out to the rest of his eyes like an oil spill.

"Some of these I told you when you arrived, but it seems you have forgotten. Rule number one is do what I ask without question. Rule number two you must remain in the home at all times. Rule number three keep the home clean and keep yourself looking respectable and like my perfect doll at all times.  Rule number four don't be tardy when I request you. It doesn't matter what the request is or what else is going on, if I tell you to be at dinner, be in bed, shower, anything at a certain time you do it. Rule number five do not talk back to me under any circumstance. I am the man of the house and that is to be respected. Understood?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Good girl," he said and smiled. The darkness is his eyes finding its way back into their outer pools.

He moved to stand and started to walk to the door. I began to roll over and turn away from him when he called out, "And Evie, my doll, if you break a rule, you will be punished. However small it may be, you will be punished if you don't follow my orders."

"I understand," I reply knowing that me speak out loud would carry more weight than a nod.

"Good, very good. Tomorrow, you will wake up by seven. Shower up and be down for breakfast by seven-thirty. If you are late, you will be punished. Be a good girl," he concluded and left the room.

I grabbed a pillow and held it close to me, seeking comfort from its fluffy form. I dug my head deep into the cushion of the pillow and let out a scream of frustration, anger, and desperation.

The Next Morning

I awoke when he told me to. I showered when he told me to and dressed in what he left out for me. A maroon lightly polka dotted dress with sheer cap sleeves.

I made my way to the door and tried the handle. It was unlocked. I pulled the handle down and hesitantly stepped out into the hallway.

I looked around, but the hallway was empty. It was quiet. My footsteps on the wood floor rang out into the air, putting my nerves on edge. It felt too loud, too intrusive to my ears.

I made my way down it and down the stairs to the dining room.

Hannah sat at the table. Hands in her lap waiting.

Abby appeared from the kitchen caring a container of maple syrup and placed it on the table. Upon seeing me, her eyes narrowed sending their sour gaze at me. Her red painted lips turned into a scowl and she quickly turned and headed back into the kitchen.

Laurel was no where to be seen, making my heart flutter anxiously inside my chest.

I took my seat next to Hannah and tried to send a smile her way. She purposely turned the opposite direction. I may have gotten her in trouble with Liam the other day too.

"Hello my loves," Liam's voice bellowed as he walked in.

His eyes came to me specifically. A smile befell his lips as he took his seat.

His gaze then shifted to the empty seat, where Laurel had sat the first night I had come here.

Abby came back in and placed a plate of Belgium waffles amongst the eggs, bacon, toast, butter, and syrup on the table. Then, she took her own seat, eyes immediately trained on Liam.

Laurel came running into the kitchen. Upon seeing Liam the slight bit of color she had  already draining from her pale face. She sat down in her seat and looked at Liam with tear-filled eyes.

He drew his attention to her and rose his eyebrows at her. The tears cascaded down her porcelain face as he stood.

Laurel stood too, silent sobs racking their way down her petite frame.

Liam removed his belt, sending my heart into my stomach. Hannah looked down at the floor. Abby looked at Liam and Laurel with a smug expression. Her head balanced on arm that rested on the table as if she was in class listening to a boring lecture.

Laurel bent over the table and pulled her dress up, exposing pale pink lace underwear to us all.

"You were late," he said without an hint of emotion in his voice, a monotone robot performing an action he was built to do.

"I'm so sorry Liam," Laurel cried out. "I couldn't find my..."

Before she could finish the belt cut through the air, the whiz through it making its way into my ears. The sickening slap against her skin crescendoed into the air, radiating through it.

A small cry escaped her lips as she bowed her head, resting it on the table.

"You were two minutes late," Liam declared and pelted her again with the belt on her backside. The harder impact of this slap reverberating through the room.

I looked on, my eyes wide with fear, my heart bleeding with sympathy for Laurel, mouth at a loss for words.

Liam stepped away and sat back down. Laurel followed suit, picking up the white napkin by her plate to dab her drenched reddened tear drenched face.

"I'll be a good girl," she silently said as she looked at Liam sadly, but his eyes were trained on me as she uttered those four words. His mouth moved silently in unison as she said be a good girl and I knew it was directed at me, that this was a warning for me to show me what the consequence was for misbehavior.

"I'll be a good girl," Abby repeated proudly, winking at Liam.

"I'll be a good girl," Hannah echoed, eyes still set on the ground.

Liam eyes bore into me as I repeated, "I'll be a good girl," and a smile overcame his lips growing as I uttered  each word.

Liam wasn't lying about those consequences. Poor Laurel!

Is escape even In Evelyn's mind at this point?

I did not edit this chapter, so I apologize for any errors! I loathe editing. 😩

What did you think of this chapter?

This book will now be updated once a week, aiming for every Tuesday for you, my lovely readers!

Please remember to vote, share, and comment.

Thanks a bunch for reading!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

39.7K 3.1K 46
Avery Merrick had definitely not enjoyed a storybook life. Growing up with a single Mother who was unstable left her in and out of Foster Homes and...
750K 6.7K 11
Completed ✔ Highest Ranks 1st in Revenge 1st in Forced 1st in Luciana 1st in Liliana 1st in Cruel 1st in Possessive 2nd in Ryan 1st in Regret "P-pl...
177K 5.5K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
132K 2.9K 25
Liliana was his world. There is nothing he wouldn't do for her, even if he had to kill someone just to save her life and he has a scar to prove it. S...