Nettlestar's Atonement {BEING...

Par DragonAud9094

With every great wrong comes a way to make it right... Nettlekit, born to proud parents Dustcloud and Sedgefa... Plus

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chaper Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Six

6 3 0
Par DragonAud9094

Nettlepaw was chasing a rabbit, running faster than he had ever run before. The ground flew by faster than usual, and he felt like he was floating. This rabbit stood no chance.

Just before he could leap forward and sink his claws into the rabbit's hide, Nettlepaw woke up.

He had a headache, and it seemed like every muscle hurt. Nettlepaw's ears were ringing with the sound of earth collapsing over top of him, and his mouth was dry with a faint taste of mud in it.

"Oh good, you're awake."

Sagefeather padded over to him. "How do you feel?" Nettlepaw realized he was in the medicine den, and laying on a nest of thick moss. He tried to lift his head, but it hurt too much so he lay back down instead. "Awful." He replied, his voice sounding thick and raspy.

The medicine cat twitched her tail. "You're lucky to be alive. No injuries, I assume?"

Nettlepaw shook his head. "I think I'm just bruised." He stretched, wincing as he did. "What happened? All I remember is being covered in dirt."

Sagefeather turned back, gathering a bundle of herbs. "Applebreeze says that you went into a rabbit tunnel after your prey." Her whiskers twitched in amusement, and Nettlepaw lashed his tail indignantly. "Thornpaw immediately ran to get her. She had to dig into the tunnel to pull you out. Thornpaw said it was very heroic of her."

Nettlepaw coughed softly. "And then? How long was I out?"

"Only overnight." Sagefeather replied. "Here, eat this." She instructed, pushing forward a small bundle of plants. Nettlepaw obliged, making a face at the bitter taste and finding it difficult to swallow.

"So I ran into a rabbit hole, the tunnel collapsed, and Applebreeze had to pull me out?" Nettlepaw asked, still trying to make sense of it all. He was feeling woozy from sleeping almost an entire day.

"Yes, pretty much." The medicine cat responded. As she pushed a soaking bundle of moss forward for Nettlepaw to drink, her apprentice Mudpaw came from the back of the den. "Oh hey, Nettlepaw. I heard what happened."

He was Windpaw's brother, only a few moons older than Nettlepaw, but his pelt was sleek and his shoulders broad. He'd make a formidable fighter, Nettlepaw mused. But he seems to be doing great serving his Clan in this way.

"Hey," Nettlepaw greeted before laying back down on his side. The herbs were working, but they seemed to make him even more tired than before. "W-what's happening?" He mumbled as he started to slip into unconsciousness.

Nettlepaw sensed Mudpaw stepping forward. "Is he alright?" He asked, worry in his voice.

"He's fine." Sagefeather assured. "It's the poppy seeds. I figured he could sleep through some more of it, and wake up feeling better."

Wake up better? Nettlepaw thought. That sounds nice...

* * *

Nettlepaw woke, already feeling a lot better. He was able to stretch in his nest, with only a little pain.

"Oh, good." Mudpaw mewed, relieved. "I was afraid Sagefeather gave you too many poppy seeds, but you're awake now. I guess she really does know what she's doing." Mentor and apprentice shared a fond glance.

Nettlepaw coughed, finding it less painful this time. "Then you should listen to me better," Sagefeather replied humorously before turning back to Nettlepaw. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better." He replied honestly. "Can I go out of the den for a bit? I'm starving."

Sagefeather held back a purr of laughter. "I suppose you may go," she mewed. As Nettlepaw was getting up out of his nest with a slight wince, she continued. "Don't put too much strain on yourself! No more training until I say so."

Nettlepaw half-nodded and padded out of the den, squinting in the sunlight after being in the dark den for so long. He stretched once more, tail lashing back and forth and relishing the fresh air in his face.

"Nettlepaw! You're awake!" Sedgefang cried, rushing over to her son's side and covering him with licks. "I was so worried when Applebreeze told me what happened."

"I'm fine." He muttered, trying to get away but his mother continued to lick him.

"Doesn't stop me being worried." Her gaze softened. "I'll never stop being worried for you." Nettlepaw looked at her skeptically. "Even when I'm a warrior, you'll have to be worried for me every time I'm out on patrol?"

"Yes." Sedgefang replied. Humor shone in her blue eyes. "You need to be more careful." She said mock-sternly.

"Of course, mother." Nettlepaw replied in the same tone. She purred and flicked his muzzle with her tail. "I'm proud of you," she mewed. "But I miss you in the nursery. I'll always miss you."

Without giving Nettlepaw a chance to reply, Sedgefang gave him a final lick on the shoulder and padded back to the warriors den. He almost felt bad, but changed his mind. She'll see me even more when I'm a warrior and we share the same den! He decided. Besides, she said she was proud of me, so she can't be too unhappy.

Nettlepaw padded over to the fresh-kill pile, stomach grumbling. He selected a large hare and began to eat it, when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Are you going to eat that all by yourself?"

Nettlepaw turned from his prey and saw Applebreeze. "Oh, hello!" He greeted. "I guess not, we can share." His mentor purred and sat beside him. "Are you feeling alright?" She asked.

"Much better. Sagefeather said that I should wait to train, but it's only a few bruises, maybe we can go out again? I promise I won't go diving in any more rabbit holes." Nettlepaw pleaded. It's been so boring being cooped up in the medicine cat den, and what will I do once I finish eating?

Applebreeze shook her head, whiskers twitching. "No, you should listen to your medicine cat." Nettlepaw looked at his paws. "Hopefully you'll be out again soon. On the other paw, I think going into the hole was brave, if a little hare-brained."

Nettlepaw took a bite of rabbit. "Really?"

Applebreeze nodded. "Yes. You really have the makings of a good hunter in you." Nettlepaw puffed out his chest. "If you can stay out of tunnel collapses, that is."

Nettlepaw flicked her with his tail. "I said I'd be careful! Besides, how was I supposed to know the tunnel wasn't safe?" He paused. "Sagefeather said you saved me. That's really brave of you."

His mentor looked away, embarrassed. "I didn't do much. Thornpaw came to me, looking pretty scared. I just went in and dug you out. Not a big deal." Nettlepaw took a closer look at Applebreeze. She looked tired, as if she had been missing sleep. Her hind leg had torn fur, and her ear had a spot of dried blood. I think she's lying. What she did was pretty brave.

Nettlepaw said nothing about it, however. "Thank you." He mewed. Applebreeze licked her chest fur, avoiding his gaze.

His mentor switched the subject. "How would you like to go to the Gathering tonight? I think you deserve it."

Nettlepaw perked up. "Oh, can I?" He mewed. "I would love to go!" My first Gathering!

Applebreeze purred. "Of course you can. That is, if Sagefeather says you can, but I don't see why not." Nettlepaw felt like he was going to burst with joy. "Thank you!" He exclaimed, bounding off to Sagefeather's den. I'll meet the other Clans! What are they like? Who are the other leaders? I'm so excited!

"Don't overexcite yourself!" Applebreeze warned. "She might say no!" Of course she won't! Nettlepaw decided, turning into the medicine den.

Sagefeather turned from sorting herbs with Mudpaw. "Back so soon?" She purred.

"Hello." He panted. "Applebreeze asked me if I wanted to go to the gathering, but only if you say yes so can I?"

"Hey, slow down." Sagefeather mewed warmly. "Of course you can go, as long as you don't get too active." Beside her, Mudpaw's whiskers twitched.

"Thank you!" Nettlepaw replied excitedly, about to turn back out of the den when Sagefeather's voice stopped him. "Hold on a second, Nettlepaw. You should rest before the Gathering. It doesn't start until moonhigh."

"Rest?" Sleep seemed like the last think on his mind.

Sagefeather nodded. "Just lay down. I'm sure you'll fall asleep soon. They won't leave you behind."

Reluctantly, Nettlepaw lay down on his nest once more, closing his eyes and not expecting to be able to sleep. Doesn't matter. I'll be going to the Gathering when I wake!

Then he drifted into unconsciousness, dreaming of the Gathering to come.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

957 70 23
The age of humans have passed, and the only survivors still lure around Arian, searching for a chance of life. Some survivors have even gone savage b...
376 139 43
With the tensions through the sky between the clans, and the war now happening between them all right now... MoonStar is now back with his good frien...
221 2 13
❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇs, ᴏɴᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʟᴀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴏᴏɴ... ❞ - - - - Brindlekit is a half-clan cat; her mother...
898 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...