Starboys

MotteWrites tarafından

"So, are you going to tell me your name or should I just call you 'Starboy'?" The line that started it all. W... Daha Fazla

Motte's Note
S T A R B O Y 1|4
S T A R B O Y 2|4
S T A R B O Y 3|4
Announcement

S T A R B O Y 4|4

21 4 15
MotteWrites tarafından

E T H A N

Half an hour later, Ethan sat at the bar completely alone. Lillie had abandoned him for the first cute girl that had so much as winked at her. Traitor, he thought, and chugged the rest of his water with a grumble. Five rounds of rock, paper, scissors declared Ethan the "designated driver", even though they hadn't arrived at the club by car. Which was a good thing because hell would freeze over before Ethan would sit behind a steering wheel voluntarily.

Having made his driver's licence in San Francisco at 16, Ethan had been driving on the right side of the road for all his life. When he moved to London back in summer, he'd almost gotten run over several times because there was a car suddenly coming from the wrong side. One would think he'd be used to it by now. He was, in fact, not.

So no, Ethan hadn't actually driven them to the club.

But ever since that one fateful night in high school, where he and Lillie had snuck into a college party and gotten drunk out of their minds, another Soeng-Sibling-Pact had come into existence. There might have been a mascot costume involved, as well as some clown wigs, and a lighter. Needles to say, things hadn't ended too well.

The Seong-Sibling-Pact-For-Alcoholic-Beverages-In-The-Presence-Of-Each-Other stated that whenever they would go out together, only one of them would be allowed to get shitfaced while the other one would take on the role as designated driver to stop any ‌actions that possibly caused harm to themselves or others. Mostly others. As with any other Seong-Sibling-Pact, a grueling battle of rock-paper-scissors would decide their respective roles.

Tonight, Lillie got to be hammered, and Ethan would order water the whole night. Which was usually fine by him, yet he couldn't shake the feeling that Lillie had somehow cheated again. He didn't know how, but there had been something about her victory grin, about the way she'd said better luck next time. Somehow, someday, Ethan would find out how she'd done it. But not tonight.

He waved down one of the bartenders to order another water. Then, feeling slightly salty, he changed it to a rum and coke instead. He wouldn't get drunk from that, a little tipsy at most. And after Lillie had stood him up - and probably somehow cheated - , he was allowed at least one alcoholic beverage.

Ethan watched the crowd for a bit longer, nursing his drink. It was moving in unison like one whole being, alive under the twitching blue and white lights, dancing to some catchy beat. He chugged the last bit and joined in. Just because he was here for Lillie, didn't mean he'd wait for her at the bar all night. And maybe he also kinda sorta wanted to check on her.

He danced with a few people here and there, but no one really caught his attention. Lillie had been right though, all the patrons were super chill. No one got offended when he stopped dancing with them and moved on to another person. Ethan spotted his sister two or three times in the moving crowd, happily dancing with the girl who had flirted with her earlier.

Knowing she was more than fine, Ethan made his way back to the bar and ordered another water. His eyes wandered the masses again while he waited, mesmerized by their colors and how their movement changed with the bass and lights. One song transitioned into another, and the people seemed to part, revealing a lone dancer. He looked lost in his own world, moving to a tune only he knew.

Ethan didn't believe in love at first sight. But the moment he saw him...

He stared at him, unable to help himself. Something in the way the man moved had Ethan's eyes locked onto him, luring him in.

And before he knew what he was doing, Ethan found himself walking towards the stranger.Everything around the corners of his eyes began to blur, putting the man into sole focus. It was strange; even though Ethan only had one drink tonight, he felt intoxicated.

As if there was some kind of invisible force Ethan couldn't withdraw from; pulling him closer and closer. A string that linked the two of them together until he stood right in front of the lone dancer.

But before Ethan could think of what to do next, could think of something to say, his trance-like condition shattered in an instant. A woman had bumped into him, slurring a very drunk "Sorry." Too bad sorry didn't sweeten Ethan's fucking tea, when he lost his balance and stumbled into the stranger; who hissed in pain.

"Hey! Whadd'ya think you-"

"Oh shit, fuck!" Ethan exclaimed. Just what had he been thinking in the first place, creeping up on the poor dude like some fucking stalker? "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to- I just. Here, let me help you."

When the man looked at him and his outstretched hand, Ethan's words got stuck in his throat. Even with the glare in his eyes and a snarl on his lips, his face is unmistakably beautiful. It sounded cheesy to his own ears, but it was the only word coming to Ethan's mind. That and 'breathtaking'.

Breathtakingly beautiful.

Ethan had never believed in love at the first sight. Now, looking at the man in front of him, he might as well put his opinions on that into the next available trash an. No one tell Lillie, but just like that, he was trapped in one of the corny rom coms he liked to make fun of.

The world stopped in its tracks, the music muted and the people surrounding them a blur of silhouettes. Only the blue and white lights kept moving, twitching erratically, and the bass of the song still rang through his body. But that also could have been his heart, pumping blood through his veins to a beat that made his toes twitch and fingertips prickle.

He couldn't pinpoint the stranger's eye color with the strobe lights shimmering in them, but it didn't make them any less mesmerizing. And was that glitter on his cheeks?

They stared at each other for what felt like an eternity, but thinking back it could've only been a few seconds. Yet for that moment, time had stopped.

Ethan had never believed in love at first sight, but now he wasn't so sure anymore.

When the man took his offered hand, Ethan feared that his heart might stop right then and there. Thankfully, it didn't, and he pulled him up and onto his feet. They were still staring at each other. Why did it feel like his lungs would give up on him and second now? He cleared his throat and said the first thing that came to his mind.

"Hi."

Good job, he thought and rubbed his neck, overcome with embarrassment. Were his palms always this sweaty? Oh, shit- had they been this sweaty when Ethan had pulled him up as well? He hoped to god they hadn't been this sweaty when he had pulled the man up.

His thoughts were running in circles. His thoughts almost never ran in circles. Why were they running in circles? Why was he making such a fool of himself right now?

Ethan wasn't one for bragging, but most people would usually describe him as a charming guy, not an awkward idiot. Lillie would call him a regular idiot - or a doofus, but she didn't count. Especially since she would have an absolute blast watching the current situation unfold.

Fingers crossed she wasn't watching the current situation unfold.

The man blinked at him a few times. "Hi," he offered in return.

To be fair, Ethan hadn't really provided a good conversation starter to begin with, so really, who could blame the poor guy. Time to brush up on his charming side.

"Uh, sorry." Real charming, indeed. Try again, Ethan. "About pushing you down, I mean." Wow. Outstanding performance. He should get an Academy Award for that line. Or the Pulitzer Prize.

"Oh. Yeah...uh," the guy stalled. Yeah, Ethan he wouldn't know what to answer to that either. "S' okay. You didn't do it on purpose... I think." Ethan quickly shook his head.

"Yes." What was he saying? "No! No." What. Was. He. Saying?

"I mean, no." Yeah, he probably got that by now. "Of course I didn't do it on purpose. The whole pushing-you-down-thing," he clarified again.

Fingers uncrossed. Could Lillie somehow magically appear so she could end his misery by laughing at him while he sank into the ground out of embarrassment, never to return to this club. Or the surface in general.

The man nodded. "Neat." He looked horrified at his own response as soon as he'd said it. Ethan bit his lip. Cute.

Silence again.

Neither of them knew what to say, so they looked at the surrounding crowd. No one seemed to care that two men were just randomly standing on the dance floor - without actual dancing. Really chill people around here, Ethan thought. He'd like to come again, if he didn't die of embarrassment first.

The song changed again, its first few beats unrecognizable but soon revealed to be some remix of Starboy by The Weeknd. An idea popped up in Ethan's head. It was now or never. Time for some smooth words.

"So," he began, catching the man's attention, who watched him expectantly. Maybe he still had a chance after all. "Are you gonna tell me your name or should I just call you Starboy?"

In retrospect, that was probably the worst pick-up line Ethan had ever used. He just hoped it wasn't one of the worst ones the guy standing before him had ever heard.

Hoping to save himself and his dignity, Ethan shot him one of his charming smiles for good measure - which usually gave most people weak knees.

The man stared at him for a moment longer before the corners of his mouth twitched upwards and he snorted in disbelief. "That was a terrible pick-up line."

"Really that bad?" Ethan's heart shrank.

The man chuckled, "One of the worst I've ever heard."

So no more dignity for him. Alrighty then.

"Oh," he said. "... But did it work?"

Ethan wasn't that religious, despite his mom's best efforts, but he really prayed that it had worked.

Most of the men Ethan had dated were cool, handsome, or even cute. But this one was just breathtaking. Breathtakingly beautiful.

Also, Ethan found that it was quite difficult not to get lost in those eyes. It was almost like they were trying to pull him in, baiting him to drown in them. And boy, did Ethan want to drown in his-

His eyes! Yes...his eyes.

The guy stopped giggling and shrugged as a mischievous glint danced in his eyes.

And while he sounded pretty drunk, it made Ethan's heart flutter nonetheless. What the ever living fuck.

"Looks like it. My name's Adam." Ethan hummed his approval. The name had a nice ring to it.

"I think I like Starboy better though."

Adam raised an eyebrow and then frowned. Ethan immediately regretted his cockiness. Why? Why was he like this? "Too bad, Adam said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Not the biggest fan of nicknames." Ethan couldn't help but stare at his pouting lips.

Then Ethan cringed. Damn, it looked like he'd finally fucked up his chances with Adam.

Why did he have to open his - apparently anything but charming - mouth and keep spouting idiotic pick-up lines?

Maybe Lillie wouldn't laugh. Maybe this was pathetic enough to earn her pity.

Or maybe Ethan shouldn't tell her. At all. Noone, for that matter. Nobody should ever hear about this dark spot of embarrassment in his life-

Suddenly a breath ghosted over Ethan's cheek. Adam had gotten on his tiptoes and scream-whispered into his ear. "Well, I guess I could be so gracious as to make an exception for you. If you tell me your name."

Ethan could swear he felt his heart jump, stop and then start beating again in what could only be considered as a highly unhealthy speed.

For a second Ethan wondered just what he was getting into. But all his doubts vanished when he looked back into Adam's eyes. He grinned slowly.

"It's a promise then. I'm Ethan."

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. If you liked what you've read, please don't forget to vote or comment. That can make a little bookmoth's day ;)

xx Motte

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.6M 291K 106
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.6M 291K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2.7M 157K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.6M 113K 43
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...