Feelings

By sugatrapnaee_

Kimani Goode, 24, lives in the projects of Compton, California with her cheating/abusive boyfriend Shia. She'... More

The Difference |1|
Calming Moments |2|
Pool Party |3|
My Morning Sickness |4|
Meeting Them More |5|
Im Giving Up |6|
Sticking Up for His |7|
Against My Will |8|
Boop Boop Boop |9|
My Break |10|
Old Roots |11|
LĂŠ Date | Chapter 12
Green Eyes | Chapter 13
Close Friends |14|
Red Lights |15|
Dont Know Why I Came |16|
Going Through It |17|
Open Df Up |18|
Taking Off |19|
Tension |20|
Its Yo F*ckin Birthday |21|
Really Keisha? |22|
He Dead, Dead as Hell |23|
New Friend |24|
I Peep That |25|
Im Leaving |26|
Pull Up |27|
Back To It |28|
Makin Money Moves |29|
Shopping Prep |30|
Surprise B*tch! |31|
Finding it Out |32|
Home Sweet Home |33|
Put Yo Fucking Clothes Back On |34|
Viva Las Vegas |35|
The Truth Can Be Too Much To Handle|36|
Flash Back Of Truth |37|
His Funeral |38|
Buying Tickets |39|
Baton Rouge |40|
No No No |41|
Risky Procedure |42|
Pop Off Bitch |43|
Fuck 12 |44|
Settling This Out |45|
Incoming Evidence |46|
Im backkk!!!
Grand Funeral |48|
To Be Lucky |49|
Pick Some Names Pleaseee
It was you |50|
Troublesome |51|
Empathy Dreams |52|
This Bitch Needa Get Handled | Chapter 53
Taking Action - Chapter 54
Holding back |55|
1 Month Closer |56|
Unexpected arrival |57|
Hectic First Day Home |58|
Same Idea, Best Ending |59|
Good Days |1|
My Type |2|
In the darkness |3|
Thinkin Bout You |4|
My new coverrr
Drama |5|
White Tee |6|
I Wanna Know | 7 |
Potential |8|
Suspecting |9|
When The Party's Over |10|
Playing Games |11|
Something Special |12|
Lovely |13|
Session 32 |14|
Everything I Wanted |15|
Spotless Mind |16|
Dear Mama |17|
Body Party |18|
Do Better |19|
Birthday B*tch |20|
Tombstones |21|
Loyal |22|
Say Something |23|
Keep your head up |23|
Three's a Crowd | 24
Agreements |25|
What The F#ck?! |26|
One Thing After The Next |27|
My Little Love |28|
Putting 2&2 Together | 29

The Great Passing |47|

5.1K 194 103
By sugatrapnaee_

3 days later//Sunday
11:34am// Kimani POV

I just dropped off Gio and Simoan off at the day car center only because sage and I were very busy today.

Three days passed and Jacy was still in jail unfortunately and I was still speaking with the lawyer to try to get him out and it's going good so far.

Anyone still hasn't reached out for Simoan so tomorrow sage was going to take him to human services to see if she can be his adoptive mother. If the parents do come out the blue then I'm sure sage would be able to still be the parent simply because what type of parent leaves their newborn baby out in the open.

I was out right now and In the drive thru of Popeyes to get some food. After this I was going to the grocery store and pick up some stuff for the house.

My phone started to ring and it was the lawyer calling me, I answered it with quickness hoping for some good news.

"Ms. Goode we have some unfortunate news to tell you." She said sounding discouraged.

"Lordy just tell it to me straight." I said.

"Well... an anonymous person came to the station a few days ago and gave video evidence of Jacy breaking into the trailer and gun shots going off." She explained.

I widened my eyes. "So what does this mean? He's off the bat guilty?" I asked.

"Yes. Even if the detectives did get into it more and found out he isn't the one that shot, he would still be in prison for association of murder." She said.

I sighed. "How many years is he facing now?" I asked.

"25+ years, if he was just an associate then it would be 15 to life in jail." She answered.

I shook my head. "Is there anything? Like even if he did kill him... is there anything you could do?" I asked.

"Well that tags along with the other bad news that I have to give you.. the state has brought up the death penalty if he did pull the trigger and if he did then the best I can do is knock that off their minds but he'll still be in prison for a good amount of time." She said.

"Isn't that a little extreme? It's not like he went out a killed a massacre of people. He's being accused of killing one person and that video evidence don't even show him actually doing it." I said moving up in the drive thru.

"That's what im trying to say, if he did commit murder the most and only thing I can do is get them to not proceed in the death penalty, cause I do agree with you that would be unnecessary. The detectives are currently looking deeper into evidence like foot prints, finger prints, and that video so I'll probably get back to you within the time frame of two or three weeks? If not earlier or longer." She continued.

"Why longer?" I asked.

"Because when the death penalty is brought up the detectives have to work harder so they don't miss out on anything cause if they go through with the penalty and like some time later someone brings up evidence that's solid of him not doing it the judicial system can get sued for that and they aren't trying to take that risk." She said.

I nodded my head. "Do you have any good news? For me at least?" I asked.

"Actually I do. They're letting him out of the jail simply because they're at capacity and they need more room for the cells so until they have evidence of him doing anything, he's a free man." She said. That made me smile cause I get to at least see him again for a period amount of time.

"So when can I go get him?" I asked.

"Today at 3:30." She answered. I said okay and then we hung up the phone.

Yessss Jacy is coming back homeeee I cannot wait to go and pick him up.

3:28pm

I had Gio in the car with me to go pick up Jacy from the station. He was so excited to see his dad again and I was too, I love Gio but taking care of him was a freaking handfulllll.

"Mani what if daddy come out a changed man." He said being funny.

"Boy he only been in there for a few weeks, I doubt it." I chuckled.

"You don't think he gonna be all big and muscly?" He asked.

"No gio, there's no gym in jails that's only prison." I replied.

"Ohhhhhhh" he stretched and sat back in his seat.

When I pulled up to the station I got out and held gio's hand as we walked into the building. We went up to the front desk and the man looked at me.

"I'm here to pick up Jacy Evans?" I asked.

He nodded then went to the back and a few minutes later I saw him and they took the hand cuffs off his hand. Gio ran up and hugged him tightly and when he saw me he smiled.

I smiled back but the thought of the state wanting to put him on death penalty was fucking with my mind.

He kissed my lips and hugged me then picked up Gio and we left back to my car.

Once we were all settled in we sat in the car for a minute. I sighed "You heard what the state was talking about right?" I asked.

He looked at me and looked back at Gio, then at me again. "Can we not talk about that right now? Let's go home first." He said.

I nodded then started the car and drove off back home.

At Home

Jacy made sure Gio was in his room and distracted and then he came back down and sat next to me on the couch.

"My lawyer told me as soon as she found out." He said rubbing his temple.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know, I did kill the nigga and I know it was for good reasons so if ima leave this earth, I left it trynna protect you." He said.

"Your not scared or anything?" I asked.

"Scared of leaving you and my son? Hell yea but scared of death.. nah." He said being truthful.

A tear fell out my eye and he wiped it. "Don't cry mani, ian gone yet. Let's just hope if they do find out I killed him then my lawyer get the death penalty out the way." He said.

"But what if it don't go through? Then what?" I sobbed.

He huffed. "First thing first, I gotta tell Gio and make sure he understands what's going on and then I gotta let my family know afterwards. Shit is gonna be hard but let's not think about the worse, like I said I'm here now so might as well enjoy that shit." He said.

It bothered me even more that he was subliminally okay with this death penalty shit. He noticed my sadness and kissed me for comfort.

I kissed back and I ended up on top of him and then he pulled back. "Let's go up to the room." He said.

I nodded and got off of him and we walked up to the room and locked the door. We kissed on the bed for a few and then started to take off our clothes. This was really the distraction I needed right now so ima just sit back and enjoy this.

3. Hours later

I woke up from the bed naked and I smelled food cooking and saw that Jacy wasn't in the bed anymore.

We just had the best sex we've ever had in a long time and I felt so good about it. I peed and then put on some clothes then walked downstairs.

Gio was watching sponge bob and I went into the kitchen and Jacy was frying chicken.

"What you making with the chicken?" I asked.

He turned and kissed my lips. "Baked Mac n cheese with collard greens." He said.

I put my arms around his waist and I kissed his back. "I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He replied back.

I left the kitchen and sat in the living room with Gio and watched the tv. Man I don't know what this boy is gonna do with out his dad, I'm worried.

An hour passed and the food was all done and ready. The three of us said grace and began eating and enjoying the food. We had some good laughs and conversations but this was all just a mask for the feelings that Jacy and I had deep under.

I know he's scared of what's happening right now, ain't no way he couldn't be scared. If they go on with this mess, he's gonna be gone... leaving his son alone. Gio will have me but I'm not his real mother, His mom is bat shit crazy so ima be the only one he got if this does happen.

Once dinner was over I checked the time and it was 8:00, Jacy put Gio to bed and then we sat in the living room and cuddled.

His phone started to ring and it was his mom. "Hey ma..... yea they let me out until they got evidence.....I'm at home with kimani.... whats going on?.......your serious?..... damn ...... at what time?...."

I left him alone with the conversation with his mom cause it sounded personal so I went in the bathroom to go pee.

When I was finished and I came back out, Jacy looked devastated and holding his head in his hands. I sat next to him and rubbed his back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a minute and lifted his head up and I noticed he had tears running down his eyes.

"Baby what's wrong? What happened?" I asked in worry.

He laid his head on my chest and sobbed. "My grandma myla just passed away like two hours ago." He cried.

"Ohh jacyy." I sighed and rubbed his head.

I met his grand mother a few times and she was very nice. I'm glad that I've met her but sad that she passed, especially in times like this with what's going on with jacy.

I sat and held him as he cried into my arms. He really needs me at this point in his life and ima be here all through the ways.

30 minutes passed and he stopped crying and lifted his head up from me.

"So what she say?" I asked.

He sniffed. "They gonna uh- .. they gonna have the funeral in Riverside where she was born and then they gonna bury her." He said.

I nodded my head. "I'm sorry Jacy, your grandma was a great woman." I said.

He nodded and stayed silent, he then got up and went upstairs to the room and shut the door.

I wish I could take all the stress away from him, first he's being brought up in a death penalty, if not he has to do 25 or even life in prison and now his grandma just passed. This must be really hard for him right now and I wish it wasn't.

Part of me feels as if him going to jail and all that is my fault. Maybe if I'd leave shia in the beginning then nun of this would be happening. I always gotta be so fucking dumb man.

I went upstairs sometime later and he was in the shower. I changed out of my clothes and got in bed and just sat on my phone.

When he came out the shower he put on some sweats and laid in bed with me.

"You gonna be ok?" I asked.

He nodded his head and gave me a kiss then went to sleep. I sighed and decided on going to sleep right after him cause I was tired.

The Next Day- 8:15am

I just now woke up and Jacy was still asleep. Normally I would wake him up but after last night, I let him sleep in.

I got up and went to go brush my teeth and pee and then I went to Gio room to get him ready for school.

"Gio, wake up. It's time for school, I'm dropping you today your dad isn't in a good mood." I said shaking him.

He got up rubbing his eyes. "Okay Goodmorning." He said.

I smiled. "Good morning baby." I responded.

"Ima make some breakfast while you get ready." I said.

He nodded and I left his room and went downstairs to start cooking. I whipped up some pancakes and eggs quickly for both of them.

Once I was done, Gio came down and ate. I went back up to the room and Jacy was awake watching tv.

"Good morning, I made breakfast for you downstairs." I said.

"Ight I'll be down there in a minute." He said.

"Okay well I'm gonna go drop Gio off at school, you want anything on my way back?" I asked.

"Nah it's okay." He said.

I nodded then kissed his cheek and left to go drop off Gio.

In the car

We was on the way to Gio's school and then he tapped my shoulder.

"Yes Gio?" I asked.

"What's wrong with my daddy? He never stay asleep." He asked.

This boy is smart for his age, he sense something was wrong just by that.

"Well your dad is going through some things right now so he's not in the best mood." I said.

"What happened?" He questioned.

I paused. "When you get home ask him, it's not my place to tell you that." I said being honest.

He twisted his lip and looked out the window. "Everything will be fine though, he's gonna get better." I said giving him a reassured smile.

He calmed down a bit and that's when I got to his school and watched him go in the building.

I drove off back home and I got a call from sage. "Hello?" I said.

"Girl where you at? I'm home now with Simoan." She said.

"I'm on my way back I had to drop off Gio from school, Jacy should be home too." I said.

"Yea I heard him upstairs taking a shower." I said.

"Okay well I got some news! When you get home!" She exclaimed.

I said okay then hung up and continued my drive home.

At Home

I locked the door behind me and I kicked off my shoes and went up to sage room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"So I went to human services early this morning as they scheduled and they signed me off on adopting Simoan." She smiled.

I gave her a hug. "I'm proud of you, how it feel to be a mother?" I asked.

"Feels different." I smiled.

"Dang so that mean he my nephew." I smiled.

She nodded her head smiling. "I'm happy for you, if you need any help then I'm here okay?" I said.

"You got it." She said.

I left the room and went back in mine so see Jacy getting dressed.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"My sisters crib, we all meeting up over there to go over the funeral." He answered.

"You want me to come?" I asked.

"It's okay, you woke up early to get Gio ready so you can stay here and go back to sleep." He said.

I nodded my head and sat on the bed. "Jacy you know I'm here if you wanna talk about anything." I said.

"I know that mani. Just need to get my head on straight after all this shit that's going on." He replied.

"Okay I understand." I replied.

He kissed me on my lips and then he left grabbing his car keys in the process. I really hope Jacy is okay.

=========

Ight na y'all! I lied I decided on posting it tonight cause ima be busy tmr and I don't wanna keep y'all waiting. This is the first chapter since I'm back and I had to make it a long chapter for y'all cause of how long wattpad had me locked out of this account.

The other account is still gonna be up, because I do have a book on there that I want to complete. If y'all are interested in that book then go on @/baddestray_ and click on girls need love too.

I forgot almost everything that happened in this book and I did go back and catch up for the most part but if there's certain parts that don't add up, my apologies, it's damn near 50 chapters in here and ion feel like reading all that.

I know this chapter was sad, I know but I had nothing else in mind but that. Let's give it up for a moment of silence for Myla aka the real OG, though cause she did the damn thing in her books!

But thanks for reading and when I post chapters remember they are not scheduled so I post whenever ! Bye loves 😘!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm tired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
3.8K 271 22
This story is a spin-off of Where Loyalty Lies. I suggest reading that first so you can understand what's going on in this story. It's two years into...
279K 9.9K 31
Ally Heinz has just turned eighteen and has finally moved out from her parents' house and recently moved in with her brother. She doesn't have a job...
3.3M 212 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. You...