Not Part of the Job [REVISION]

By -queenzie-

This is the altered version of my work: "Not Part of the Job" Damian Al Ghul never meets his father and stays... More

Prologue
1. Introduction
2. Failure
3. Facade
5. Injury
6. Trust
7. Concern
8. Meditate
9. Surprise
10. Turmoil
11. Anxious
12. Disgust
13. Coincidental
14. Adrenaline
15. Guilt
16. Anger

4. Tour

797 38 8
By -queenzie-

Once they added Damian onto the team, he had to live there. Well, he didn't have to, but it was easier to. It would help build their trust. So, he stayed there most of the time.

"Hey Raven, why don't you show the new bird around the tower?" Garfield joked.

"Hey, that's a nice idea," Koriand'r added, glancing at Raven innocently. "Would you mind?"

"No, I guess not," Raven answered through gritted teeth before sending a chilling glare at Garfield, who darted off right after receiving it.

Damian just stood there, backpack in hand. He hasn't changed out of his suit and he didn't plan to get. He still was debating on giving them his first name and revealing his appearance. This was the most interaction he's had with people since he left his home on Infinity Island.

It's also the only interaction he's had that didn't involve shoving the end of his katana through someone's body.

"Well, are you coming?" Raven asked impatiently, looking at him.

Damian silently followed her around, listening as she introduced him to the locations of their residence. He also watched her body gestures, trying to figure out what type of person she was. They passed several rooms until finally they came to one that Damian was interested in.

"This is the training room," she informed as the doors automatically slid open, revealing a large open space with loads of training equipment.

Damian looked around at the room, genuinely impressed by the sight of it. He already knew where he'd be spending most of his time when he wasn't completing his other assignments. "This looks efficient."

"Oh, so you can talk," Raven said, glancing at him. This was the first thing he's said to her since they met. Well, besides the first night, which she didn't know about.

"Only when I have something of value to say," Damian retorted.

Raven rolled her eyes at him and turned around, walking back the way they came down the hallway and up the stairs. Damian quietly trailed behind her until they came to a stop at one of the many doors in the long corridor.

Raven let out a sigh as the door slid open and walked inside. "Here's our spare room, I guess it's yours now."

Damian followed behind her and looked around the plain room. There was a bed, nightstand, dresser, television and a door which he assumed led into his own bathroom.

"That concludes our tour. My room is next door if you need anything, but try not to bother me if you can," Raven said before leaving the room, the door sliding closed behind her.

Once she was gone Damian peeled off his cowl, running his fingers through his sweaty hair after it was off. He began to unpack his things from his backpack, neatly organizing all of his possessions.

When he was done he let out a sigh and walked out of his room, finding the other Titans in the living room watching a movie. Dick had his arm wrapped around Koriand'r while the other two boys sat with their feet propped up on the coffee table.

"Hey, Red-" Jaime spoke up but stopped when he noticed Redbird had taken off his superhero disguise. Everyone's eyes were on him.

"You're not from here, are you?" Dick questioned, trying not to sound rude.

It was obvious that Damian had a more Middle Eastern appearance with his olive skin and brown eyes. He had worn this culture's more casual clothing for boys his age to try and fit in. "Some of you don't look like you're from here either," Damian replied as he crossed his arms over his chest. He was beginning to regret coming out here without his mask. But, they wouldn't trust him if they couldn't see his face.

"Well no, Raven is from another dimension and Starfire is from another planet," Dick responded. "There's nothing wrong with that, we don't judge."

"What's your actual name, dude?" Garfield asked.

Damian thought about it for a minute before answering. He didn't want to come up with a fake name, so he just wouldn't tell them his last name. That would definitely expose him. Everyone in the vigilante field knows of the Al Ghul name. "It's... Damian."

"I'm Garfield," Garfield introduced himself proudly as if Damian didn't already know that. "That's Jaime, Koriand'r, and Dick," Garfield snickered at the last name, still finding it funny to this day. Dick just rolled his eyes.

"It's short for Richard," Dick defended.

"Anyways, Damian, you like pizza?" Jaime asked Damian, a cell phone in his hand.

"Never tried it," Damian answered truthfully. He never tried other foods here besides fruits and vegetables because everything else looked too unhealthy. "Does it have nutritious value?"

"Yes!" Garfield gushed.

"I'll try it," Damian decided, looking at Garfield with a troubled expression. He couldn't tell if the boy was being honest or not, but he didn't care that much.

"Sweet," Jaime replied before dialing a number and ordering a large supreme pizza along with some bread sticks. Once he hung up the Titans unpaused their movie and watched it as they waited on the food to arrive. Damian had no idea how they'd get pizza delivered here but he shrugged it off.

Once the pizza arrived, Koriand'r asked Damian to go collect Raven from her room. He didn't directly object and made his way to her door, knocking on it. "The Titan's have requested you to join us for dinner," he informed.

When there was no answer, he knocked again. Finally, after the second knock, Raven opened the door. She was surprised when she saw Damian without his mask on. It surprised her even more when she realized he was actually relatively attractive. He was different than most of the boys she saw around Jump City.

"Well?" Damian questioned, raising an eyebrow as he caught her stare.

"What are we having?" Raven asked, averting her gaze from him.

"Pizza," he answered.

Raven quietly slid her door shut behind her and followed him to the living room. Koriand'r had gotten plates for everyone and picked off the meat for Garfield. She handed a plate to Damian. "Would you like some mustard for your pizza?"

"Don't do it," Jaime warned, "Kory likes mustard on everything. And it does not go on pizza."

"It is the best creation on this planet besides Dick," Koriand'r joked as she winked at her boyfriend.

Damian didn't take her offer and sat on the couch, staring at the greasy portion of food in his plate. When he took a bite, he was surprised that he actually didn't hate it.

"So, Damian, what do you think?" Garfield asked, his voice muffled by his mouth full of food.

"It's... acceptable," Damian admitted, taking another bite of his slice. It was more greasy than he typically enjoyed, but the taste was good.

Garfield smiled and kept stuffing his mouth full of food, enjoying every last bite.

"So, where are you from?" Dick decided to ask.

Damian looked up at him, thinking of an answer to give. "Saudi Arabia." It wasn't a complete lie, he just twisted the truth a little. Infinity Island was in the Indian Ocean, but if he mentioned that name he would surely be discovered.

"Oh wow, you're far from home," Dick replied before taking a bite of his food. "Why'd you come to America?"

"My mother thought that we were being hunted down by assassins, so she sent me here," Damian lied.

"Why-" Dick decided to question, but Koriand'r immediately cut him off.

Koriand'r frowned. "That's terrible. You're welcome here for as long as you want, Damian."

"Thank you," Damian replied.

"As a team, we always have each other's backs," Koriand'r added. She kept talking, but Damian began tuning her out when he felt someone's stare directed towards him. He glanced around and made eye contact with Raven. This spooked him because he couldn't tell if she was using any of her abilities on him. He quickly looked away, a shiver running down his spine.

Raven had her suspicions, she did with every new member. But, Damian was a strange one. She couldn't sense any emotions from him at all. His aura was blank.

"Well, I'm going to sleep," Dick announced before standing up from the couch.

Koriand'r stood up as well. "Have a good shlorvax!" she said to the teens before following Dick into their room.

Damian raised an eyebrow at the word. "It means 'goodnight' in Tamaranean," Garfield explained to him.

"Up for some Mario Kart, BB?" Jaime asked the green boy.

"Always!" Garfield answered before walking with Jaime to set up the game. Raven got up and went back to her room without a word. Damian watched her leave through the corner of his eye.

They made eye contact once again before she left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 195 23
Raven wanted a quiet life. Go to school, get a degree in writing and become an editor. Her birth father coming back into the picture puts strain on t...
65.7K 2.8K 35
Damian Al Ghul never meets his father and stays by his mother's side in the League of Assassins. When he is assigned a new target, a girl named Raven...
17K 813 27
With both Ras al Ghul and his daughter Talia al Ghul dead, the league of assassins stand without a leader. The only true heir is the currently 17 yea...
7.3K 105 10
DaMiAn WaYnE oNeShOtS. REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!! No x reader I'm sorryyyy XD I may or may not add my oc :) BTW it took me a phat ass hour to make t...