Defying the Stars

By Mack_35

Amara Eve Lupin-Black's birth was not normal. In fact, it wasn't even legal, to the point where no one knew s... More

Prologue
Fall Balls and a Stray
Attack of the Cloaked Vacuums
Pranks, Death, Cats and...Buckbeak?
Truth and Fear
To Break the Rules, or to Not Break the Rules (feat. Quidditch and a cat chase)
Girls Day Gone Rouge (also a mass murder tries to break into my dorm)
Nightmares, Midnight Adventures and-Wait, I Have Another Dad?!
The Aftermath (feat. a missing teacher and a failed Quidditch game)
Recovery, Electrical Storms, and a Overdue Reunion
The Past can Haunt you (feat. an illegal visit to Hogsmeade and Snuffles)
Birthdays and Midnight Talks
Christmas is Great, as Long as You Don't get a Gift from a Murderer
Patronuses and Family Reunion (part two)
Meetings and the Loss of a Pet
How to Introduce Your Best Friends to Your Dad Who's an Escaped Prisoner 101
A Quidditch Redemption, oh and Dad Messed Up
A Memory Good Enough to Conjure a Patronus (and a not so good one)
An Unfortunate Prediction
An Execution and Killer Trees
The Marauder's Tale and Attack of the Greaseball
The Rat
The Beginning of the End
Epilogue
Sequel is Up!

A Welcome Home Gone Dark

5.6K 142 41
By Mack_35

*this chapter has been edited*

SLAP

"Merlin Ronald, you didn't have to slap her that hard!"

"What!? She wasn't waking up, and it's better to rip off the band-aid rather than have her strangle me for shaking her for another five minutes!"

"Well good morning to you too," I chuckle as I sit up and take in the situation. I turn and see Harry still sleeping next to me. "Oi Har, it's time to wake up!" I yell as I punch him in the arm, causing him to jolt awake.

"I don't know which is hurting more," he starts to say with a smile on his face "my arm, or my ear"

I roll my eyes. "Oh please, I could've done much worse if you gave me the chance. I'm just being nice."

"Are you both alright?" The professor asks Harry and I while taking out a chocolate bar, handing us a piece each. "Here, eat these, you'll feel better while I talk to the driver." He quickly stands up and leaves.

"What were those things?" Harry asks

"Dementors," Hermione answers. "They guard Azkaban. I don't know why they thought that Black was here though."

I shrug while finishing my chocolate and getting up off the ground. "I don't know, but I need to check on the girls," I state as I dust myself off and turn to leave, before sticking my head back in the door. "And Harry, try not to pass out again please, we can only have one sleeping beauty around here, and that spot is filled by yours truly." I put on my signature smirk and leave the compartment, heading to the compartment that the girls and I have ridden in since first year. It certainly makes it easier to find it now that the lights are back on and the trains moving again.

~in the compartment after Amara leaves~

"Does anyone else think that Marrie and the new professor look alike?" Harry asks

"I was just thinking the same thing," Ron answered.

~back to your scheduled programming~

I find the compartment door and open it, only to be crushed yet again in a hug. "Ammie! We were starting to think you forgot where the compartment was!"

"Oh please Reg, I'm the one who found this compartment. I was going to come sooner, but the rusty cloaked vacuums decided to attack Harry and I."

"Rusty old vacu-you mean the Dementors, Am?" Ophelia asks, perking up from her book.

"I don't know where you're getting this whole "Dementor" thingy from OJ, because I'm pretty sure that it was a cloaked rusty old vacuum that wants to suck our souls out." I joke.

"I'm with Mara on this one, OJ. Newt Scammander's drawings make them look exactly like Mara's describing them." Annaleigh joins my side, and Regan is suppressing her giggles while Ophelia rolls her eyes.

"Back to the previous topic," Regan starts, "We're getting you some speed potion this year for your birthday considering it took you years to get here."

"I would've come sooner, but Mione insisted on healing everything before I was allowed to leave. And Harry ranted/explained the whole situation with my psychotic excuse for a father. Then Ron said that he was going to tell the twins about my homelife and-wait, where are Fred and George? Please tell me you're not letting them beat us to pull our first prank. It would be quite depressing, seeing as I have the advantage at the moment."

"I swear on Merlin Amara, if something isn't done about this soon I will do something about it. You can't keep living like this, it's been going on since you were like what? Seven? Eight?" Ophelia exclaims, her book now stored in her bag.

"Six, but not the point. Back to the two tall red heads that OJ and Reg have fancied since first year," I respond.

"They went to get us some food after the lights came back on since we all collectively decided that we were in desperate need of some food before we-wait go back. What advantage do we have?" Annaleigh asks.

"Oh sweet Lele, only the best advantage," I pull the folded parchment out of my back pocket, grinning widely. This of course sparked the anticipated reactions from each of the girls.

"You got the map!" they all screamed in unison

"Of course I did. They were upset I was lifting my trunk alone into the train, and to let them do it I traded the labor for the map. It was a win win really." I remark. "Now, we better get to planning this prank before they beat us-"

"Before who beats you? You and Ron having a race again?" Fred asks, opening the door to the compartment, entering with George, and both of them are carrying a large amount of sweets in their arms.

"Sorry boys, but it's girl time. We'll take the sweets though!" Ophelia responds quickly, thinking on her feet, while her and Regan grab all of the candy, then pushing them out of the door.

"Someone's blushing," Annaleigh says in a sing-song voice to OJ and Reg.

"Oh hush it Anna, we all see the looks you're getting from a certain blonde-haired Slytherin boy." Regan grumbled.

"Not as many as Marrie gets from Potter! You'd think they'd been dating for years by the way they interact." Anna argues.

"Ooh, any comment Mar?" OJ asks

"You're all insane."

"Ooh someone woke up and chose rage today." Reg grins at the others.

"Can we just get this prank planned? I'd like to have it ready to go by tomorrow morning please and thank you."

"Why? Because you want to spend the night cuddling with Harry?" Anna asks, causing all of the other girls to oooh in response.

"That's it," I growl, picking up some Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans, throwing them in their general direction, which in short causes the first food fight of the year. After we clean up and get in our robes, we spend the rest of the trip planning our "welcome to another great school year" prank.

As we walk into the Great Hall, I'm informed that Harry, Hermione, and Ron were brought to Madam Pompfrey. I'm also told about an interaction between Draco and the boys. Restraining myself from snapping my cousins' arm, I sit down next to Reg and across from the twins, still leaving room for the missing three.

After about thirty seconds after the sorting's finished, Harry, Ron, and 'Mione come in and sit down, and I fill them in on everything that happened during that time period, and went to ask them why they went to visit Poppy without me, when Dumbledore started his annual speech of nothing but riddles.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast. As you will all be aware after their search on the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors in Azkaban, who are here on Ministry business.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are here with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or invisibility cloaks. It is not in their nature to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors.

"On a happier note, I am pleased to announce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Lupin." This causes a round of applause, mainly from Gryffindor, and Ron points out how evidently displeased Snape is by this new announcement.

"And I'm sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn has decided to retire to live out his life with the rest of his limbs, so the spot will now be filled by Hogwarts' very own, Rubeus Hagrid." This causes an even bigger round of applause by everyone but Malfoy and his gang. After that, he releases us to eat, and all of us stuff our faces until we can't possibly eat anymore.

"So we can't use the cloak this year to have our late night talks," Harry says glumly.

"Who said that?"

"Dumbledore just did-"

"Harry trust me, we'll be fine. I know this school like the back of my hand, and I have some extra help. The last thing I'd do is drag you to trouble on purpose. Now, I believe that I was promised a piggy back ride to the dorms tonight," I finish with a smirk and hop on his back, where we race up to the common room, say goodnight, and I head up to the girl's dorm, only to be greeted by a random cat.

"Ah! We're under attack! Code cat! I repeat, code cat! This is not a drill!" I yell

Hermione comes rushing out of the bathrooms and scoops up the cat. "Oh Marrie, meet my cat, Crookshanks! I got her at Diagon Alley!"

I relax, and pet the cats' head. "Nice to meet you Crookshanks, but I will warn you that if you steal Hermione from me, we will go to war." I state, causing the girls to laugh before we turn the lights out and go to sleep.

Surprise! I feel in the writing mood today, so be ready fro hopefully some more chapters! As usual, please feel free to like and comment!

~Potterhead

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 222 7
Alexander Altair Black, the son of the infamous Sirius Black, found little enjoyment in life as the sole heir of a family known for nothing but its d...
15.7K 329 21
*I KNOW PEOPLE DON'T LIKE HIM, BUT I DO, DON'T HATE ME I'M NOT GONNA MAKE HIM SUPER AWFUL PLEASE ENJOY!* Percy Weasley the Gryffindor Prefect and...
99.6K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
1K 9 7
Amara Roswell raised Harry after his parents were killed by Voldemort that fateful Halloween. She was living a good enough life when suddenly he show...