Little Miss Maisy

By MiniMe_fandoms

After a nasty divorce, and some custody issues-Maisy finally makes it back home. Maisy Rose was taken away w... More

Trackers
๐•’๐•–๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฅ๐•š๐•”๐•ค
Chapter one: Re-introductions
Chapter two: Here we go
Chapter three: My light and stars
Chapter four: Love is in the air
Chapter five: Hurricane Maisy
Chapter six: The Starry room
Chapter seven: Bubbles
Chapter eight: Final words
Chapter nine: Maisy takes on Eric
Chapter ten: Unfinished
Chapter eleven: This Sh*t is Bananas!
Chapter twelve: The mystery becomes history
Chapter thirteen: Jeanie's creation and a glorious mess
Chapter fourteen: The fault in the vase
Chapter fifteen: Questioning Eloise
Chapter sixteen: A day in the life of Maisy Rose
Chapter seventeen: Our sunshine
Chapter eighteen: Everyone has their own battles
Chapter nineteen: Lucky
Chapter twenty: Don't poke the bear
Chapter twenty-one: The calm before the storm
Chapter twenty-two: Maisy's dillemas, and an unbroken home
Chapter twenty-three: Filling in the gaps
Chapter twenty-four: The trip, a lie, and the ar(gumen)t of monopoly
Chapter twenty-five: Sleepy nights, and stuffies rights
Chapter twenty-six: Maisy's favorite, The Game! Plus hidden talents
Chapter twenty-seven: The thing about babies
Chapter twenty-nine: The beauty of rain
Chapter thirty: A day of splashes and love
Chapter thirty-one: The one all about lobsters
Chapter thirty-two: Sass reveals itself
Chapter thirty-three: A break from reality
Chapter thirty four: Ballerinas
Chapter thirty-five: Spookity dookity, the Halloween special
Chapter thirty-six: The glue that holds us together; Maisy.
Chapter thirty-seven: Enjoying the little things
Chapter thirty-eight: We're almost there
Chapter thirty-nine: Oopsie-Daisy
Chapter fourty: Final Goodbyes and Tying up loose ends
โ€ข Le Grand Finale โ€ข
~ QUICK NEWS BEFORE THE BONUS ~
โ€ข I promised a Bonus โ€ข
Final Bonus | Lots of love โ™ก๏ธŽ
Guess what book is COMPLETED?!
?

Chapter twenty-eight: Kennedy Grace, and Maisy's ongoing fascination

6.7K 281 20
By MiniMe_fandoms

As promised, Cassidy did Maisy's hair the following morning. Maisy's hair isn't too difficult to manage, Maisy just can't seem to sit still enough for Cassidy to finish.

"Maisy, I can't make your hair pretty if you keep trying to play with Teddy." Maisy continued making Teddy dance, bouncing him around in her lap.

"But Teddy wants to dance."

Cassidy was trying to pull the last of her hair up, and smiled. "How about you wait until I'm done, then Teddy can dance."

Maisy sighed and set down Teddy, twisting her fingers as she waited for Cassidy to finish. "Alright, alllll done."

Maisy's hair was half down, the top was pulled into two small buns and braids leading up to them with small pink bows attached.

Maisy hopped down and looked at her hair in the floor length mirror on Cassidys wall. "I so pwetty!"

Cassidy glanced up at her as she grabbed an outfit out for her, she texted Kennedy last night, and that means a lunch meet up.

Beau had work again, Miles went to go see Amber before they probably just come back here. Eric's home though, but he said he'll just stay back.

•.                                       •.                                  •.

It was a nice day, so Cassidy dressed Maisy in a dress with a small floral pattern, and they walked up to the restaurant hand in hand.

Cassidy and Kennedy said they would meet up at Cassidys restaurant to catch up. The last time they had talked was about five years ago.

Before Cassidy gained ownership of a restaurant, before Darlene left, and before both of her parents passed.

"Can we get some gwapes again?" Maisy swung Cassidys hand, and held Teddy tightly in her other.

"That we can princess." Cassidy was kind of distracted, thinking about what they were going to talk about. She hadn't mentioned she was bringing Maisy either. Not that Kennedy knows who Maisy is.

The last time they talked, Darlene had just found out she was pregnant, before they knew if it was a boy or girl.

"Cassidy Rose?" Cassidys head turned at the sound of her name, and she smiled when she saw who said it.

The woman was wearing a long dress, but had something attached to the front of her body-a strange looking cloth sling. Maisy had no idea what it was, but shyly stayed near Cassidys legs as she took in the woman.

"Kennedy Grace? How the hell are you, I haven't seen you in...forever!" Maisy looked up and frowned at Cassidy.

"Hey! That's a bad word!"

Once Maisy spoke, Kennedy looked down, finally noticing the little girl that was standing beside her friend. "Did you have a kid?! Oh my god, did you get married?!"

Cassidy laughed, even though she didn't find it that funny. "No, this is Maisy, my...sister."

Kennedy smiled and leaned down slightly, giving a little wave. "Hi Maisy, I'm Kennedy."

Maisy smiled back and looked up to Cassidy for approval, then she waved back. "Hi."

"And did I have a baby? What about that?" Cassidy nodded towards the baby carrier wrapped around her torso. "Oh that's right! This is Fisher, he's about 3 months old."

As soon as Maisy heard the word 'baby,' she was suddenly very interested. Since she saw the small infant on Tv yesterday, she's loved babies.

"Baby?!"

Cassidy smiled at Maisy and nodded, leaning down. "Yep, don't be too loud okay? You can't wake the baby up."

•.                                       •.                                   •.

After they had a quick introduction of Fisher and Maisy, they went inside and got a booth. Kennedy explained she was in town to visit her parents, but was super excited about being in the city again-Even though she only lives in New Jersey.

"That is so crazy, I can't believe I didn't know that you owned a restaurant." Kennedy's parents were originally from London, so sometimes she'll accent certain words.

Cassidy smiled as she opened the pack of crayons for Maisy, who was very eager to color.

"Yeah, how's married life? It's so weird to me that you have a baby." That was a lie. Cassidy wasn't surprised at all that Kennedy has a baby, the only shocking part was that Fisher is her only child.

"We are doing so great, we just celebrated our eighth anniversary! I can't believe it's been eight years since our wedding." Cassidys smile faded a bit and she brought a cup of water to her lips.

"Speaking of anniversaries, how's your mom? I haven't seen her in so long!" Kennedy didn't know, she always meant well. But it didn't stop it from stinging a bit.

"Actually, she...passed."

Cassidy glanced at Maisy to make sure she wasn't paying attention before breaking the news.

Kennedy was silent for a second before quietly asking "I am so sorry...is your dad...?"

Cassidy kept on a small tight lipped smile on, trying to keep the mood normal. "He's gone too."

"Cass, I am so so sorry." Kennedy got up and hugged her. "It's okay, really. We're doing good, Beau actually took over the company."

That turned the conversation around, and they started talking about the Rose siblings, and Kennedy's life.

After a long long talk, Maisy whispered into Cassidys ear, making her smile again.

"Okay, okay. Um, Kennedy?" Maisy stared at Kennedy as Cassidy asked for her.

"Can Maisy see the baby?"

Kennedy smiled and shifted Fisher around, showing Maisy the baby's sleeping face. "He's sleeping so I can't take him out, maybe later hun."

Maisy was disappointed but attempted to hide it, twirling Teddy around in her arms. "okay."

"Do you maybe want to come back to our place for a little while? You can see everybody again." It seemed like the right thing to say, Cassidy knows everyone would like to see her again.

"Sure, maybe then Maisy can see Fisher." Maisy's face lit up when she realized what Kennedy said, and it took everything in her not to start giddily bouncing around.

•. •. •.

"It's nice to see you again Kennedy." Beau gave Kennedy a warm smile, it's been a long time since they've seen her.

"Well, I'm happy to see you guys again too. And Eric-" Eric looked back up at the sound of his name, and glanced between Cassidy and Beau wondering what she was talking about.

"The last time I saw you you were about...what, thirteen?" Eric looked uncomfortable as he smiled, quickly making an excuse that someone was calling him.

"Oh, Maisy?" Maisy perked up the moment Kennedy said her name, waiting for the moment she was allowed to see the baby.

"Do you wanna see Fisher now?"

Maisy jumped up and down, so unbelievably happy to see a baby. She's never really been around one, which made seeing one all the more interesting.

•. •. •.

They let Maisy hold Fisher for a little bit, with plenty of pillows for support and nearby hands.

After Kennedy left, Cassidy went upstairs for some time to herself, leaving only Beau, Eric and Maisy downstairs.

"Eric!" Maisy launched herself at Eric, Beau was grabbing a quick snack from the kitchen. "First of all, ow."

Maisy giggled at his pain, and kissed his cheek to make up for it. "Would you like something?"

Eric had a small smile on his face, even though most of the time he's crabby he still loves Maisy.

Maisy looked around before leaning in close to Eric's ear and whispering "you wanna play a twick on Beauy?"

Eric smiled at her, she's usually pretty good but has never asked if they could play a trick on Beau-out of all people.

"watch watch watch."

Maisy crawled over to the other side of the couch as Beau came in the room, carrying two bowls of popcorn.

"Beauy!" Maisy jumped off the couch, straight at Beau.

"Maisy, I have food in my hands DON-" She jumped anyways, making Beau drop the popcorn and catch her instead.

It was silent for a second until Eric burst out laughing, Beau still looked shocked and sort of angry. The popcorn was all over the floor, luckily the bowls are plastic so they didn't break.

After seeing Beaus face, Maisy slowly kissed his cheek then leaned away, still in his arms. "I just wanted some cuddles." She said it so innocently that Eric started laughing even harder.

"Maisy,"

Beau paused, not even knowing what to say to her. "You cannot do things like that."

Maisy cracked a small smile and leaned to the floor so Beau would set her down. "M' sowy Beauy."

Then she ran upstairs before he could get mad, or even worse, lecture her. *Shudders*

She was about to run into her room and color for a little bit with Teddy, but she heard a strange noise coming from Cassidys room. Her door wasn't shut all the way, and Cassidy was laying on her bed, with her hands covering her face.

"Cassie?"

Cassidy moved her hands to see Maisy, her happy mood vanished once she saw the tears.

"Maisy, go downstairs and play with Eric."

Maisy knew something was wrong though, and she climbed onto the bed by Cassidy as she tried to wipe away her tears so Maisy wouldn't see. Of course, it's too late.

"why're you sad?" Maisy set Teddy next to Cassidy, trying her best to fix Cassidy.

"I'm not sad baby, why don't you go see if Beau bought those snacks." Maisy wasn't convinced at all, and tried to snuggle up against her side.

"you are my suns'ine, my own-wee suns'ine."

Maisy started to sing and wrapped her arm around Cassidy, into a strange yet comforting hug.

"you make me happy," She had to take a breath before she finished the line. "when skies are gway."

There's something about the high pitched yet soft voice that comforted Cassidy, what made it so meaningful was the song itself, and that Maisy cared enough to try and cheer her up.

______________________________

Yikes, that was long

Hope you enjoyed!

Any requests for upcoming chapters? I'm trying to do a couple, it might take a minute though

The song was supposed to be in a high pitched but nice sounding toddler voice (magdiaa like the Mabel voice)

Thank you for reading!
💛

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

751K 29.4K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
150K 2.1K 25
When a new wolf imprints on the most powerful witch of their generation , a beautiful love blossoms , but with every love story , comes catastrophes...
504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...