Anime/Webtoon/YA Novel Boys I...

By alxndrad22

hey hey hey! like many people, im obsessed with anime and manhwa webtoon boys. also like many people, my mind... More

Oikawa Toru

Kageyama Tobio

15 1 0
By alxndrad22

    Karasuno High. Once known as a powerhouse school due to their relentless boys' volleyball team, then apparently they tumbled down the ranks and earned the name  'the flightless crows'. Although the latest word around town is that these new first-years sound pretty promising. I don't play, but I know the basic terms and rules of the game. I'm just here because my parents decided the Miyagi Prefecture is 'prettier' than our old home.

    The last bell rings and I make my way outside. I waddle around the campus, checking out the caf, the office, and other useful buildings. Somehow I end up in front of the gym, and it sounds like the rising stars of the boys' volleyball team are practicing.

    I peek inside. A grey-haired boy sets the ball to a huge spiker who.. kinda looks like he walked straight out of The Bible. The Jesus lookalike slams the ball to the other side of the court, but instead of hearing a loud boom like I expected to, a more pom-like noise comes from the opposite side of the net.

    I squeeze my head in a bit further to see what that deadly meteorite hit, and I spot a rather short boy with a tiny hair highlight squatted in a recieving position, sporting a triumphant grin. Must be the libero. The three players come together and begin high-spirited chatter, and though I admit they're good, I dont think they are the first-years everyone has been gossiping about. I recall that one of the newcomers is called the King of The Court, a supposedly amazing setter who-

    "Can I help you?" a gravelly voice asks from behind me.

    I spin around, smacking my head right into the gym door. "OUCH!" I yelp as I stumble onto the ground.

    "What in the - hey, are you okay?"

    "NO, I am not okay!" I dizzily look up at the idiot who made my soul leave my body, ready to start yapping away at how he should make his presence at least more gradual. "Next time-"

   I stop short as my vision clears and I see the figure towering over me. Glassy dark blue eyes dart around the area, as if making sure nobody was around, before fixing it's intense gaze on me. But the second he sees me, his expression changes and he avoids my gaze. His eyebrows furrow into a frown as he drops to one knee to help gather my books that spilled out of my backpack. "Sorry. What were you doing spying on the gym like that? You looked like a creep" he mumbles, still not making eye contact.

    "I just wanted to explore. The team looks solid. I heard there's some good first-years that just arrived..?"

    That's when I notice his uniform. Black with orange sections on the side, and a large 9 sits in the middle of his shirt.

    Oh, God. Don't tell me he's-

    Now he looks at me, and he corners of his lips tip up. "Thanks. We're not too shabby, in my opinion."

    "Oh," I smile weakly. "You're one of the first years."

    Mr. Blue-Eyes nods and bows slightly. "Kageyama Tobio. Setter. Nice to meet you."

    I almost choke. So this dude is the so-called 'genius setter' whose quick attack with the 'insane middle blocker' is meant to earn Karasuno's title back?

    "Akari Masumi." I return the gesture. I turn back to the gymnasium where different players are doing the same routine I watched earlier. "Are you about to play?"

    "Yeah. Ran a little late to-"

    "KAGEYAAMAAAAA!!!" a high pitched voice screeches from the building.

    He hangs his head in defeat. "I'm never going to hear the end of this, am I?"

    Another short boy, different than the one I previously saw, bursts through the doors, nearly killing me.

    "Why are you so late?! We already went through 8 rotations, and I'm getting really good at my receives! Bet that I can even handle one of your jump serves, now." Orange hair bounces up and down as this human tangerine flings himself back and forth with every word. He pauses when he finally notices me standing beside Kageyama. Real perceptive, that one.

    "Oh. Hey! Are you Kageyama-kun's girlfriend? Didn't know he had one," he cackles as he hops down onto the platform. "I'm Hinata Shoyo. Aspiring ace of the court, next tiny giant!"

    I smile. This kid is a walking ray of sunshine. "Akari. Nice to meet you! And no, I just met Kageyama, haha. It looks like you guys are gonna practice, so I'll get out of your hair."

    "No, you can stay and watch."

    Hinata and my eyes widen as we both turn to Kageyama. "Really?" I ask, flushed. "I don't want to intrude.."

    "You won't be," Kageyama insists. "I, uh, want you to come."

    "Oh." I blink. "Then, okay, that sounds fun."

    Hinata snickers. "Ooooooh, Kageyama-kun's becoming mushy for Akari-chan!"

    Kageyama shoves the tiny boy back into the gym. "SHUT UP" he roars. "Sorry. Uhm.. come on, I'll show you where you can sit." The setter shyly offers his hand, and I smile and take it. His hands feel rough, most likely a result from hours of vigourous training, but they're gentle.

    Tobio leads me to a bench next to the court before running off to position himself by the net. The whistle blows, and a boy with dark green hair and freckles serves the ball. I watch it carefully as it crosses to Kageyama's side of the net, but it's trajectory looks...wobbly. It flies to the team's captain, but suddenly swerves to the right. My jaw drops as their #1 dives to pick up the ball, still sending it straight to Kageyama.

     The focus in Kageyama's expression is almost terrifying. He jumps up, fingers ready to pop the ball-

    Boom. The ball rolls to the far side of the gym, coming to a stop near Freckles's feet. Did my eyes just glitch or something? I then notice Hinata grinning like a maniac beside the setter. Where the heck did he even come from?? I swear he was in the back row just half a second ago. I widen my eyes in realization. This is the impossible quick attack that's giving Karasuno its name. The genius setter and the insane middle blocker. Kageyama smirks when he sees me, my jaw on the floor. Damn.

The game ends an hour and a half later, with Kageyama's team the winner of both sets. Panting and dripping with sweat, he walks over to where I'm sitting. His 6 foot frame towers over me, a smug smile stretched across his face. Suddenly I feel very small. I pass him a towel and water bottle, forcing myself to look somewhere else as he drinks. "How did you... do those?"

He swallows. "Huh?"

"Those incredible tosses. It's as if you just thought of where the ball should be in the best scenario, and then it just appeared there with pinpoint accuracy." I look up at him then.

He chuckles. "I'm good, but not good enough. People like Oikawa-"

"AWWW MANNNN" Hinata's voice bounces around the large gym walls. He skips up to me and Kageyama, shaking his phone angrily. "Sorry Kageyama-kun. I can't come practice later, Natsu broke her bike and needs help" he grumbles.

"Practice?" I ask. "I thought practice just ended." I gesture to the group of boys packing up the volleyballs and nets.

Kageyama nods. "Hinata and I normally come back to school at around 7:30 to work on some skills." He then looks down and shifts his weight from one foot to another. "Would you... come and join me later this evening, instead, Akari-chan?"

    I perk up. Practice? With such a good player like him? "I'd only make a fool of myself," I laugh.

    "I'll teach you." Kageyama smiles, and considering the absolutely flabbergasted Hinata, I assume this is an occurence that doesn't happen often.

    I beam. "Okay, as long as it's fine with Shoyo."

    The shortie flashes his sunshine-filled smile and holds two thumbs up. "Of course! As long as you don't get better than me in one day." He fist bumps me and throws himself out the door.

    Tobio turns and nods his head. "Okay, I guess I'll see you later, Akari-chan." His mouth hints at a smile, and his deep eyes glitter with excitement.

     We bow to each other then go separate ways, both eager for the evening to come.

                                 ~~7:30~~

    I follow the sound of a volleyball hitting the wall and footsteps. I turn the corner to the courtyard, where Kageyama Tobio is practicing his perfect serves.  He looks good. The soft glow of moonlight illuminates him in such a way that it highlights his features. The flawless face structure, the gorgeous grey-blue eyes that seem to hold so many good secrets, all of which I want to learn more about. Loose black hair and a perfectly porportioned body-

    "Akari-chan? What are you doing hiding behind the wall?"

    Ah, crap. "Heyyy, Kageyama-kunnn" I laugh weakly as I step out of the shadows.

    He looks at me with concern and advances, hand in pocket. "Why's your face so red? Are you feeling okay?"

    Am I that transparent? God, I need to get it together. "I'm great! I just ran here and it's pretty chilly, so don't worry 'bout me!" I cringe as I hear my voice crack 4 times. "So! You're working on your serves?" A desperate attempt to change the subject.

    Fortunately, he goes along with it. "Yep, we have a practice match against Aoba Johsai next Thursday, so.." he glances at me. "Wanna learn how?"

    "Haha.. I don't think I could do much good..." I gesture to my petite frame and weak arms.

    "I've seen players with the same build as you, and they held their ground on the court pretty well. Here, I'll just.." He moves himself so he's behind me, and he takes both of my arms and positions them, one arm by my head, the other straight in front of me like I'm about to fire an arrow. I inhale softly at his touch, and his eyes widen slightly, as if surprised by his own actions, too. But he doesn't put his hands away. "Now, uh, adjust your feet so they're aligned with mine." he says quietly in my ear. I look down and do as he says.

    As he steps back to examine my form, I can finally breathe. I close my eyes and think about how I could feel his breath skate across my cheek, and how his low voice was almost husky, in a way. I take a peek at Tobio after the silence goes on for a just bit too long.

    His eyes are dragging over my whole person, his mouth parted slightly.

     I drop my arms. "Tobio-kun?"

    Startled, he snaps back. "Huh? Oh, yeah. You look really good."

    His and my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.

    "I- I meant that your form looked good, not you. Not that you don't look good, of course! Don't get me wrong, I just-" He scratches the back of his head and sighs. "You always look good.."

    My chest tightens briefly, then releases. "Well, you're not too bad, yourself."

     He stares. He takes a short breath, as if about to say something, before sauntering towards me. He comes up so close that our faces are mere inches apart. His gaze flickers over my face before settling on my mouth.

    "Would you... want to go somewhere with me?" Blue eyes meet mine. "Just us two."

    I bite my lip to hold back a huge smile. "Okay," I breathe. "It's a date."

    He beams, and we can both see it. Another dynamic duo, the King and Queen of the Court.

WOOHOO that was so cliché and a doozy to write. this almost turned into a kagehina fanfic like 6 times (though i wouldnt have minded that..). anyways i hope you enjoyed this lil scenario with our best boi kags. prolly went to some boba place that has blueberry flavoured milk. stay tuned for the next one~

luv u!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.8K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
242K 1.1K 36
Warning - Extremely erotic and sexual. People below 18 might find it disturbing. Suggestion to my readers - Visualize everything! Description - I am...
1.1M 27.9K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...