Playing House

By Iyero123

18+ only! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ | Toyin was living her best life! She had the perfect job with an Oil Major, amazing friends... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
Not an update/Cast
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE

NINETEEN

1.5K 282 12
By Iyero123

"Bathe with cold water" She added. She didn't believe him the heater was fine jor.

"Please. I had too much coffee and I'm having trouble sleeping, but I need to sleep now because I have to wake up for a virtual meeting by 3am"

"Shey you are Canadian, cold water shouldn't be a problem for you" She said mockingly.

"Please...e jo, e ma bi nu" He begged with his funny Yoruba

"What do you mean your water heater is not working, all the heaters and ACs in this house are new, abi you didn't switch it on on time and now you want to come and bother me?"

"I swear the thing is not working, its been on for 30mins now" He begged.

She had to go to his room with him to confirm that he wasn't lying. She didn't trust him. She suspected he was up to something. They've not had any drama in the past few days because they've both been too busy but she suspected he might have concluded the project he was working on and probably wants to resume his mischief.

"Hmmmm what did you do to this heater Osaze? Are you sure your village people have not reached here" She said as she touched the water from his faucet.

He shrugged weakly. Normally he would clap back with something funnier but he looked like he didn't even have the strength to even respond to that. She figured he was truly tired. His eyes were sunken and dull. As she stepped out of his bathroom she noticed he had setup a new desktop. He had one of those super PC thingy that looked like servers and now there were two monitors on the table.

"You have 5 minutes" She said to him.

"Thank you" He smiled.

"Don't splash water everywhere o!" She called out as he shut the bathroom door.

On Saturday Sofi came to visit. She brought their asoebi as promised. Sofi was not aware she had a man in the house. One of the conditions she gave Osaze was that she didn't want her friends and family to know he was living with her.

Luckily he was not around today. He said he was going to Yaba to meet up with some other programmers so she just sent him a text to let him know her friend was around.

At first, he didn't understand why she needed to hide it from people but she told him that unlike him she didn't have the societal privileges men have that affords them the freedom to do whatever they want and get away with it without any judgment. Easy for him to say, he is not a single Nigerian woman living alone in Lagos under heavy scrutiny from everyone even your gateman.

"Why do you have men's shower gel in your bathroom?" Sofi came out of the bathroom holding Osaze's shower gel looking at her suspiciously.

Shit! How did he forget it there and why didn't she see it earlier.

"Its mine. I like the fragrance" She lied through her teeth

Sofi looked at her in shock not fully convinced. "You are so weird" She said as she returned it.

She hadn't even seen him since that night. His must have fixed his shower problem because he didn't come to use hers again. Immediately Sofi left she returned his shower gel with speed. She didn't even enter his room she just dropped it at his door.

Unfortunately for her, on Monday morning she woke up to prepare for work but her own water heater packed up too. She had a major meeting at another Company by 9am. She considered bathing with cold water but she couldn't bring herself to do it because she slept with the AC on and it rained heavily overnight.

She even considered boiling hot water in the kitchen but she was not in the mood for that struggle. This is not uniport campus hostel, this is her dream apartment and she was going to get her standard hot shower. Isn't this why she has two bathrooms why would her squatter intimidate her. She got up, put her sponge and soap in a small bath bag and tied her bath robe.

Why was she even allowing this guy to become Oga in her house sef. That's how it starts o! like play like play he will start giving her orders...In her OWN house! As she strolled to the guest room she hissed at herself for even considering options other than using her OWN second bathroom.

Her initial plan was to just barge in there bathe and get out she wasn't playing with him again this is her house and she has a serious meeting in Chevron in a few hours. But when she got to his door all that ginger disappeared and she paused.

'What if he is in a meeting?' She decided to be respectful and not be arrogant because it's her house. He was either working or sleeping. She hoped he was sleeping, it would make things easier she would just do sharp-sharp and leave. But if he is awake he's God help her.

She raised her hand to knock then paused, realizing her heart was beating. Why does he make me so nervous? she frowned then finally knocked. She knocked lightly on the door three times and when he didn't answer she assumed he was asleep. She grinned victoriously as she twisted the doorknob like a ninja thinking she wouldn't have to deal with him this early morning but she received a shocker. He was very much awake, reclined on his bed, back on the headboard, laptop on his lap, facing her.

His room was alive, the monitors were on code flashing wildly, he was deeply engrossed in his work. He was wearing headphones so he didn't hear knocking or opening the door. The light from his laptop screen cast a bluish glow on his gorgeous face, he was bobbing his head to the music from his headphones. The music was very loud she could hear it from where she stood frozen. He hadn't seen her yet and was still busy typing away on his laptop an incredible speed.

She panicked and wanted to run back to manage her cold water like. At this point, it is in her own interest sef that she bathes with cold water before going for that meeting if she wants to pay attention to whatever they'll discuss today. She started moving back slowly but immediately she lifted one foot of the ground he looked up.

He was shocked at first but the shock on his face gradually transformed into a mischievous grin as he removed the headphones and stood up.

"What are you doing here?" He raised an eyebrow.

She showed him her bath bag. "I need to use your shower, my water heater is down too"

He laughed wickedly the folded his arms over his chest revealing his ripped arms. Arms he used to pin her down the other night.

"NO" He repeated what she said to him when his own heater was down. He even mimicked her voice for effect.

She laughed. "Please, I'm running late. I am have a meeting in Chevron today and you know it's very far from here"

"Is that so? Why don't you use cold water?" He said, devilish smile still on his face.

She just smiled in defeat. She deserved it. Karma is a bitch for sure. "Don't be petty now, I don't have time for this I'm going to be late" She pleaded again.

"Petty? Infact I need proof of the meeting" He said seriously.

She too frowned, if she plays this game with him, she's going to be late for the meeting. The lekki-epe express should be free because she will be driving against traffic but Chevron roundabout abi junction has its own internal special traffic with all the estates there and incoming traffic from Ajah. Why is she even begging him is it not her house. Squatters right my foot. She hissed then dashed towards the bathroom. He tried to block her with his body but she swerved and in the course of the scuffle, his hand inadvertently caught the belt of her robe, the whole thing unfastened and her whole front was exposed.

The cold air in the room hit her bare breasts, tummy and thighs before she quickly caught one side of the robe He released the belt immediately he saw what happened and backed away. His eyes lingered for about 2 seconds on her chest before he tore them away then skidded off to his bed, wore his headphones and faced his laptop. Like he didn't do anything.

She glared at him as she tied back the belt then continued to the bathroom. When she finished he was still on his bed the way she saw him when she first came in. She too just acted as if nothing happened and left quietly.

9am

She drove herself to Chevron in the light morning rain because the Ijebu in her was not ready to pay 3k-plus per trip. You see driving in Lagos is mentally draining so she didn't have the time or space in her brain to process the incident with Osaze this morning until she was seated at the meeting. While the presenter was speaking her mind kept going back to the little drama scene with him this morning.

She couldn't get over that dark hungry look in his eyes when he saw her in that state. It was the same look he had that night she returned from the rig at that moment he told her he wanted her to 'remember'. Her mind started wandering to that night and her temperature started rising sending heat spasms in between her thighs. She snapped out of it and took a sip of the bottled water in front of her to calm down.

She checked her phone and saw that he had sent her a text an hour ago.

Sugarcane: Sorry. I didn't see anything 🙈

She unconsciously chuckled aloud, everyone in the meeting turned in her direction, but she quickly apologized and kept her phone away.

She tried her best to focus her attention on the meeting but 5 minutes later her thoughts wandered back to the man in her house. Why did she ever think it was a good idea to harbor him in her house. She was just fooling herself.

She IS attracted to him... like crazy! how is she supposed to get rid of him now. She needed to focus on her life and be serious about dating again. He is fine, sexy and they have great chemistry but there can't be a future with him. He is the type that will say he doesn't want to get married or drop some 'free spirit' shit on her like not wanting to conform with society.

But please her 'wokeness' did not reach that one o! she wanted to conform, she wanted to marry a responsible man, have kids, and live like every normal person. And In order to achieve this goal she needs to use her head and be serious about this dating of a thing. She didn't come this far in life by freeStyling things. It has always been hard work for her, from common entrance, to JAMB, to the FG MSc scholarship.

Yes, Femi was an asshole and he turned out to be a complete wasteman but there are other serious men in this Lagos. She decided to end her 'fuck it' attitude and face reality. Moreover, Osaze is getting back on his feet and will soon move out. 'You just need to stay focused on the plan' She whispered to herself........ but her mind randomly visualized his lips right after she said that to herself. LOL.

Ch 20 is coming out tomorrow same time. You guys are amazing i am much better now thanks!

⬇️⬇️⬇️ Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
195K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
71.7K 11.5K 54
A Romance - Thriller. β€’~β€’ An accident brings Laura Taiwo to a coma. After a year, she is awake with no memory of the people around her especially th...
160K 20.7K 57
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ 18+ Only!!! Sofi has 3 problems with the new Boss; he is mean, he keeps picking on her and he is one hot motherfucker! Best Rankings πŸ“ˆ#1 Lag...