Our voice

By goddessofgreatness

Katsuki Bakugo x Black reader Two halves make a whole; our voices make one melody, but sound can only reach... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

4

89 5 3
By goddessofgreatness

~~Two months later~~~

Katsuki was laying in bed scrolling through his timeline on Instagram, while Kirishima watched Attack on Titan, when he got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Katsuki Bakugo?" A woman voice said.

"Speaking?"

"Oh, how rude of me," she said. "My name is Nemuri Kayama. You might know me as the retired singer, Midnight?"

Katsuki froze for a moment. "Uh, yea. I know who you are."

"Great! A friend of mine, Shouta Aizawa, sent me a video of you singing, so I've been stalking your social media for the past few weeks," she admitted. "I think you have potential, kid, so I want to be your manager. I already have a contract made up, and we can get you into the studio within the next month."

"What the fuck- Seriously?" Katsuki said, sitting up in his bed. Kirishima paused his show and looked over at him.

"Yea. I'll be coming to Musutafu next week, so you have a few days to think about it. When I get there, I'll contact you, so we can meet and discuss our contract. I was just calling to give you a heads up. Save my number."

"Okay, we'll meet next week?" Katsuki repeated.

"Yup, in about," she paused. "Five to eight days, so you have a while to think about it and talk it over with your parents. If you have any questions, text them to me and we'll talk about that when we meet."

"Miss Kayama, your car is here," a voice said in the background.

"Oh, I gotta go. I'll see you soon!" She exclaimed before hanging up. Katsuki pulled his phone away from his ear and looked down. It dinged, and a message popped up on the lock screen.

(555)282-1282

It's Nemuri. Save my number.

See you soon <3

"Dude, who was it?" Kirishima said.

"Nemuri Kayama," Katsuki said.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Katsuki nodded. "She wants to be my manager," he said. "She'll be in town next week and wants to meet. If I agree, she'll get me in the studio within the next month,"

"Oh my god," Kirishima said. "My best friend is gonna be famous!" He exclaimed. "We gotta tell everyone."

"Not yet, Shitty Hair."

"But, why?"

"I haven't even agreed to it yet," Katsuki said. "I guess I should talk to my parents first? No, I'll meet with her first, then tell everyone."

"That's a good idea," he said.

Exactly six days later, Katsuki got a text from Nemuri.

Can you meet me at Entenlor Cafe at 1:30?

Sure. He responded. Not long after that. he got another text on Instagram,

Hayami🌸

Good luck today!

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion for a moment before responding.

Huh?

You're meeting Nemuri, right? Good luck!

Thanks

Katsuki took a shower and got dressed in black jeans, an orange T-shirt, and a black Nike hoodie, with black and orange Jordan Retro 1's. Once he was ready, he walked out o the form and waited at the bus stop.

~~~Dodododo small time skiipppp~~~

Katsuki walked into the cafe, and Nemuri was already sitting at a table, sipping on her drink. Katsuki walked over to her table and sat down. She looked up and smiled. "Katsuki?"

He nodded. "Yea, that's me."

"Great! It's nice to meet you," she said with a smile. "Now, let's get to business. I have my lawyer over there, so he can sign off on it when we're done."

Katsuki nodded.

"So," She said before pulling out a folder and her glasses. She opened the folder and put two papers onto the table. "This one is our contract, it's fairly simple. This isn't permanent, I made it so we can change it however whenever. You do the singing, I'll do all the other work, then you give me a percentage of the profit. I'll book tours, concerts. I'll make you a website, and be in charge of your merch if we get that far. I was thinking, I should get 25% of your earnings, sound good?"

Katsuki raised an eyebrow. "You get 15% for now. If I make it big, then we can talk about giving you more because you'd obviously deserve it,"

She paused for a moment. "20%."

"If you get 20% now, then it won't raise when I get big," Katsuki said.

Nemuri chuckled. "Alright, alright. 15% is more than what most managers get, I'll agree to it." She pulled out a pen and wrote down the information. "There will be fees for the studio, but I'll cover them until you get enough money to pay for it yourself," She explained. Katsuki nodded. "I'll pay you back for that too."

"No need, just think of it as a small investment," she said. After they talked a bit more, they moved on to the second contract.

"This basically just says that if you fuck anything up, you'll pay for it to get fixed, and the fees, but you don't have to worry about that yet." Katsuki nodded.

"So you just have to sign, and we'll be in business."

Katsuki took a few minutes to read over both the contracts, then he sighed them. Her lawyer came over and signed the witness portion.

"We're in business, kid."

"So, how is this gonna work?"

"The studio is in Tokyo. If you want to move, I can get you a place. I own a few condos and apartment buildings. I could let you live there temporarily."

"How much?"

"For free until you get paid. Then, we can establish rent. Of course, it'll depend on where you live and who you're with."

"I can bring someone with me?"

"I can't tell you who you live with or not," she said with a shrug. "We can talk about housing next week. I'm sure there are things you need to get sorted out. If you go to school, I'd recommend you taking online classes. Tell your parents and friends. You can bring one other person to the studio with you, since it's fairly small, and," she paused. "We'll get you moved somewhere close temporarily."

Katsuki nodded. "Alright, sounds good."

"Great!" She said before standing up. "Anything else before I go?"

"How long will this temporary stuff last?"

"It depends. The music industry is a tricky place. Luckily for you. I'm fairly familiar with how things go, so hopefully, you could make it big within the next few months, to a year."

Katsuki nodded. "Alright."

"I'll keep in touch," She said before walking out of the cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~

"How'd it go?" Kirishima asked Katsuki, who was sitting at his desk.

"I'm moving to Tokyo," he said.

Kirishima gasped. "That's amazing! So you're signed with her then? When do you start?"

"Not sure yet," he said. "First, I need to tell my parents and switch my courses to online. She's gonna let me live somewhere for free, but since I won't be staying in the dorms anymore, I'll use that money to pay her and stuff."

"It's gonna be lonely without you here, man," Kirishima admitted. "But, I'm so happy you're doing this! My best friend is gonna be famous!"

"Wanna come with me?"

"Wait, seriously?"

He nodded. "Come to Tokyo with me."

"Oh, Katsuki. Yes! A million times yes!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"IDOIT I'M NOT PROPOSING TO YOUR DUMBASS!"

Kirishima chuckled. "I know, I was just messing around. I guess I should change my classes to online too? It'll be a hassle to have to come back and forth from Tokyo everyday."

Katsuki nodded before standing up and stretching. "Welp, I'm gonna head home and tell my parents. Hopefully, that old hag doesn't bitch about this."

"Good luck, man. I'm gonna go tell everyone!"

Katsuki chuckled. "Go ahead. We can brag when I get back," he said before walking out of the room.

~~~~~~~~

"I'm home," Katsuki announced as he walked into the house.

"Katsuki!" His mom exclaimed. "Shouldn't you be in class?" she said.

"Nah," he said. "Where's the old man, I gotta tell y'all something."

"He's upstairs. What is it?"

Katsuki sat on the couch. "I'm moving to Tokyo, to become a singer," he said. "Before you even start yelling- I'll be taking classes online, plus I already have a manager and a studio I'm gonna record at."

"Like hell you are!" She yelled.

"Hey, what's going on?" His dad said as he walked into the livingroom.

"I'm moving to Tokyo. I'm gonna sing. I have a manager and a place to stay plus, I'll do school online,," Katsuki said.

"That's amazing! I knew you loved music, but I didn't think you would be able to make money off of it!"

"Damn," Katsuki muttered.

"How can you just say you're moving to Tokyo?! Who is this manager of yours?!"

"Nemuri Kayama."

"Seriously? Mitsuki, you should ease up and let him go. He's always loved music."

"How do we even know he's good? What if you don't become successful or-"

"The singer, Hayami, likes my singing. She's the reason Nemuri is even interested in me."

"It is shocking," Masaru admitted. "We've never heard you sing."

Katsuki pulled out his phone and played the video he sent to Aizawa a few weeks before. The entire room was silent as his voice played through the speaker of his iPhone.

"That's you?" His dad asked. He nodded.

"It's... good," his mom admitted.

"I support you moving to Tokyo," his dad said with a smile.

"I guess I do too," his mom said.

Katsuki smiled. "Great. And, I'll be taking Kirishima with me, so I won't be alone."

"That's good. Stay safe," His dad said. Katsuki nodded and walked out of the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 8.8K 39
The avatar has been forgotten. Who knows how long it's been since then. The world seems different now. People with quirks run the earth. Not tied to...
307K 6.9K 50
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ?!" "๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐›๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ข๐œ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข...
179K 6.5K 30
In the Todoroki kingdom prince Shoto is about to get married to a beautiful young "female". But that "female" is being forced against "her" own will...
55.8K 1.7K 13
แถœแต’โฟแต–หกแต‰แต—แต‰แตˆ "๐—™๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—–๐—ž? ๐—ช๐—›๐—ฌ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—”๐—ฌ ๐—™๐—จ๐—–๐—ž?" ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐–บ ๐—€๐—‚๐—‹๐—… ๐—๐—๐—ˆ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‡๐— ๐—Œ๐—๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–บ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—’ ๐—๐—...