Love So Far

Par StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... Plus

Second Chances
Hani
Forgiveness
Tragedy Brings Us Together
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Emotions
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
Celebrations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
New Bonds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

Sleepover

3.3K 210 299
Par StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

WARNING: Chapter filled with drama, romance, and (I hope) comedy. I legit don't know why I gave a warning for this, but now I'm too lazy to delete it.

Some scenes based on suggestions from  Abut_Ahamed.

****

Fariha

I heard the front door open, and I rushed out into the foyer.

Zafar was just stepping inside, followed by Ahad and Papa.

"Zafar!" I looked at my husband, tearfully.

"Fariha." He looked at me, his face full of guilt and regret.

 Ahad and Papa politely headed into the living room, leaving me alone in the hall with my husband. 

I immediately rushed over and threw my arms around Zafar, sobbing quietly. "Allah ka shukhar hai ke aap theek hai."

*"Thank God that you're okay!"

"Are you okay?" He asked. "What about the boys? Fari, I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "No! Don't apologise! You are not at fault here." And then before I could stop myself, I leaned up and kissed him deeply on the lips. I was so glad that he was okay and back safely with me. Plus, I felt guilty for even doubting him for a second. I expressed all my feelings of apology and regret in that one kiss, hoping that he felt it somehow.

Ahad cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to be the hadi in this kebab, but, I need to go past you to leave."

*'Kebab main hadi', literally means 'bone' in a kebab, which basically means 'third wheel'... or someone who ruins a romantic moment.

I blushed, stepping behind Zafar. 

"Leave?" Zafar asked, confused. "I thought you guys were staying the night."

"We are, but I need to go and get my madam here." He grinned. "She needs her personal chauffer to bring her over to this house on my bike." 

Zafar and I laughed. 

"Will be back soon." Ahad nodded, before heading out.

"The boys are okay, right? Umair didn't hurt them, did he?" Zafar put his hands on my shoulders the moment Ahad left.

"No, that idiot texted me his address shortly after, probably worried about the legal consequences." I leaned forward, breathing in his Zafar scent: after a long day he smelled of sweat, hospital and very faintly of his cologne. Zafar has his special scent which basically helps me fall asleep each night. That's why when he rarely did night shifts, I slept holding his shirt. "But by the time I collected my sons, my stupid phone died." 

"Well, as long as everyone's okay." He kissed my temple.

"Alhumdulillah." I smiled as we clasped hands and stared at each other. "I'm sorry for the time I felt angry at you for being negligent towards our boys." 

"It's okay. I am not going to be mad at you for being a worried mother." He kissed my forehead now. 

"Is there anything I can get you?" I asked. "Why don't you go and get showered, and borrow some clothes from Bhai for now? I will make you some tea."

"Just come into the room with me for a while." He took my hand in his and we headed upstairs to my old bedroom. "That's all I need for now." 

Once in my bedroom, he closed the door and locked it.

"Zafar." I glanced at him, wide-eyed.

The next thing I knew, he was cupping my face in his hands and was pressing his lips against mine. "See, Fari..." He muttered between kisses. "I'm injured, so I'm going to need help to undress for the shower." He slowly walked backwards towards the en-suite bathroom, holding my hands. 

"Zafar, literally everyone is in the house right now..."

"But we're in a bedroom...alone..." He grinned, cheekily. "Come on, Fariha. Your poor, hurt husband needs a little TLC. And who better to give him TLC than his beloved doctor wife?" 

He was right. Why was I feeling weird? Zafar was my husband and we were in the privacy of my room.

"Fine, let's go for a private check up then." Winking, I pushed him lightly inside the bathroom. He looked a little surprise, but I just gave him an angelic smile. Slow, and almost sensually, I began to unbutton his shirt. The shirt fell to the floor, as our gaze remained locked. "I'm not behaving illegally with an officer of the law, am I?" I pulled off his white vest as well, and then I frowned.  There was a long white bandage plastered across his stomach. "Did this happen today as well?" 

"Yes, I was basically grazed with a knife." He didn't meet my gaze.

I gasped.

"I'm fine, Fari. In fact, I can even take the dressing off now, but if there's still fluid coming out of the wound..." He trailed off as he saw my expression. "Fari, I'm fine, trust me."

"This just makes me feel even worse about being angry at you." I whispered.

"Stop." He whispered, gently. "You can always be mad at me about Saad, Omar or Zaid, and I will never complain. You're a mother, so your anger or worry regarding your kids is never unjustified." 

"But you're their father too, and I need to keep that in mind." I put my hand on his cheek. "And no matter what, you'll never be careless towards them, and I will always remember this."

He kissed my palm. "I love Omar and Saad like they're my own kids. Please don't forget that." 

"You've been more of a father to them than Umair has ever been." I felt tears in my eyes. "May Allah bless all girls with a husband like you, Zafar." I grabbed his hands and kissed them. "You've truly brought happiness back into my life, even after I'd long stopped believing that I deserved any." 

"And may all men get wives like you, Fariha." He smiled. "Kind, compassionate, beyond intelligent, strong and independent. Umair is one unlucky f***er for mistreating you- excuse my language."

"A marriage requires effort from both sides, Zafar. You give love and respect and you get it back. If you think, I'm such a great wife, that just shows what a good husband you've been to me to be treated right." 

I kept my gaze locked with his as I unbuttoned his trousers and helped him take them off. "Well, now you're on your own, officer. This doctor is off duty now." 

He chuckled and with a smile, I turned and headed out of the bathroom to get fresh clothes for Zafar. I need to remember to stock some clothes for him here as well.

****

Here you go, Abut_Ahamed. You'll get more, but here's a glimpse. You wanted to see Zoya and Ahad scenes on a bike. Consider this a trailer.

****

Zoya

"I want to ride it." I frowned, standing in front of Ahad's bike, one of my foot resting on the front wheel.

"Zo, don't bring those needle heels anywhere close to the tyre." His muffled voice came from under his helmet.

"Then let me ride this beauty." I pointed towards his bike. To be frank, the gorgeous motorcycle and Ahad made a very s*xy combination. "It's just a short ride to the Ali house anyway." 

"Go change your shoes first." He took off his helmet, surrendering.

"Awesome!" Excitedly, I rushed inside to change my shoes, and to grab my own helmet. Ahad had one made for me with my initials, 'ZA'.

I returned downstairs, practically skipping.

Ammi was standing in the foyer, looking worried. "Zoya, beta, you're going to ride it?" 

"Don't worry, Ammi. I'll wear a helmet, and it's not too far." I gave her a hug. "I've ridden it plenty of times with Ahad before. Don't stress out." 

"Just be careful, okay?"

"I promise." I headed out and Ahad got up to let me sit first. I got on, a huge grin on my face as I put the helmet on. Ahad got on behind me and put his hands on my waist. I ignored the way his body reacted to his touch. "Hold on, baby." With that, I zoomed the bike out of the driveway of our family home.

God, the feel of the road as I road was mind-blowing, and I felt like I was flying between the clouds, it was such a special feeling.

The ride was over way too quickly, and I pulled up into the Ali family driveway. The guards stared at us with their jaws dropped open.

I smirked behind my helmet. 

"You're getting really good at this." Ahad looked impressed as he took his helmet off.

I took off my helmet as well and shook my hair. "Babe, I end up being good at everything, eventually."

"Except modesty." He teased me.

"Sweetheart, that's a dialogue for someone who gets offended by a woman's self-confidence." I walked over to him and put my hand on his cheek. "Are you, Dr Ahad Sheikh, offended by the self-confidence of your wife?" 

"If I was, you wouldn't be my wife, Zo. I'm not the type to be intimidated by a s*xy, confident girl who knows her own value." He leaned closer. "In fact, that is exactly my type of girl."

"And this is why you are my man, Ahad. You love and appreciate me for who I am." I giggled. "Now let's go before the guards faint with shock."

He looked amused, and holding hands, we headed towards the front door.

****

Jasmina

I opened the front door and swallowed hard. I wasn't going to be very popular with this decision of mine. "Assalam Alaikum."

The last guests of this sleepover, Arhaan Bhai and Sadia Bhabi stood at our threshold, both looking uncomfortable.

I couldn't have done. I couldn't have possibly allowed myself to enjoy an evening in with all our loved ones, while excluding my Arhaan Bhai from it. Even if I had to invite Sadia Bhabi, I couldn't leave Arhaan Bhai out. I would have felt guilty the whole night.

"Walaikum Assalam." They both replied.

"Thank you for inviting us, Jazzy." Bhai put a hand over my head, causing tears in my eyes.

Once upon a time, he hadn't needed an invitation to come to the Ali house, not before my marriage and for a while, not even after it. He had been Fawad's best friend, after all, long before I even existed.

I smiled at Bhabi, and then at Ibrahim, who was asleep in her arms. Ismael came running in, wrapping his arms around my legs. "Pupho." He muttered, looking up. 

"Assalam Alaikum, baby." I ruffled his hair. "How's my little prince?" 

Fawad came out into the foyer from the living room, where everyone else was gathered. His face was expressionless, but his manners still remained. "Assalam Alaikum." He came forward and hugged Bhai.

"Walaikum Assalam." 

"Head on in, everyone's inside." Fawad gestured towards the living room.

Aai ab meri kambakhti. I thought.

*Now I'm in trouble.

"Fawad, Ammi and Papa were saying that since we're all gathered here, Ali Uncle and Fatima Aunty can go there for the night, even with the kids." Bhai said. "This way, they'll catch up as well." 

"I'll speak to my parents and see what they say." Fawad replied.

Arhaan Bhai nodded, and he and his family headed inside.

Fawad turned to me, eyebrow raised.

"I think I left something on the stove." I muttered, rushing to get past him, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Yeh kya kiya hai?" He whispered, his expressions unreadable.

*"What did you do?"

"I couldn't leave him out, I'm sorry. I know that everyone's going to resent me for this, but I couldn't do that to my Arhaan Bhai." I couldn't meet his gaze anymore.

"Yeh bas ek wajah hai ke main tumse itna pyar karta hoon, meri jaan." His words surprised me.

*"This is just one reason why I love you so much, my life."

"Bohat acha dil hai tumhara. Beinteha mohabbat ke kaabil." He stepped closer to me, taking my breath away.

*"You have a very good heard. Worthy of unlimited love."

"Sab naraaz honge mujhse. Bolain ge mujhe." I muttered.

*"Everyone would be upset with me. They'll tell me off."

"Kisi ki itni majaal ke mere hote hue, mere hi ghar main meri biwi ko bole?" Now, his tender expression was back as he studied me carefully.

*"Would anyone dare to tell my wife off, in my house and in my presence?"

"I'm going to speak to Ammi and Papa." He said. "If anyone even starts to say something to you, ask them to wait for me." He winked at me, before heading up the stairs.

I stood there, smiling to myself. This man makes me fall in love all over again, every single time he opens his mouth.

****

Omar, Saad and Ismael went with my parents-in-law. Omar and Saad promised to play with Ismael, and Ismael loved to sleep near his Dado anyway, so he happily went back. I have no idea how Bhabi agreed, but I think Bhai had something to do with it.

They tried to take Hania, they really did. But the moment they were about to head out of the door, Hania started crying and screaming as she realised that her Mama and Papa were not going with her. 

"That's okay." Fawad smiled as she ran towards him and hid behind his legs. I swear, the baby of mine actually seemed to think that nobody could see her hiding behind her father's legs. "Hani doesn't have to go."

Currently, Hani was being entertained by her Zoya Mumani, as they watched Tangled together. Fariha and Sadia Bhabi were both upstairs feeding their babies. Ahad Bhai and Zafar Bhai were outside in the back garden, probably up to no good, because together they were trouble. Well, Ahad Bhai was trouble, Zafar Bhai just kept things in control. As for the two 'leaders of the pack', as Zoya Bhabi had jokingly called them, last I knew Arhaan Bhai went upstairs to pray Isha, and Fawad, who had already done it was probably up in our room, giving us ladies some space downstairs. 

Hania clapped, seeing the lanterns scene. She loved the lanterns scene so much that on the bedroom wall of her room back in London, we'd had the scene painted, with the lanterns being painted with glow-in-the-dark paint. Needless to say, it wasn't cheap, but it made Hania so happy that it was worth it. 

Fariha came back downstairs five minutes later, holding Zaid, who was now asleep. She set him down on the travel cot that Fawad had set up in the living room specially for tonight, so that the kids can sleep in it within sight of their parents. "Ooh, Hani is watching Tangled! I love that movie!" She sat down on the other side of Hania, who was watching the film, wide eyed.

"Sorry, Mumani and Phupho. It's Hani's bedtime." I stood up. "It's already half an hour later than normal, but no more than this." 

"Aww, Jasmina, don't be like that!" Zoya pouted. "She's finally falling for Flynn!" 

"She'll still be falling for him tomorrow, because this is a DVD and you can just resume it tomorrow." I said. "Come on, Hani. Bedtime." I held out my hand towards her.

"Mama!" My daughter pouted as well, not wanting to go. 

"Hania, come on." I said, firmly, and she finally took my hand, letting me help her off the sofa. "Say good night to Mumani and Phupho."

"Gight." She mashed up the two words, waving at them.

"Good Night, Hani!" Both her aunts smiled, and blew her air kisses.

Because I couldn't carry Hania, I turned on the hall lights and helped her up the stairs. She climbed herself and I was right behind her, ensuring that she wouldn't fall.

By the time we finally got to our bedroom, I saw that Fawad wasn't there. Where is he?

****

Arhaan

I stood on the terrace of the Ali house, staring up at the starry sky. 

Once, on this very terrace, Fawad and I had begged our parents to let us set up a tent and have a sleepover right here. We were around eight then. Our parents were not happy about it because they were sure that we would get scared, but we convinced them that we were brave boys.

Needless to say, parents know best. We'd barely been out there an hour, when we'd decided that maybe we were not ready for a sleepover on the terrace yet. Too many scary thoughts kept entering our minds.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of sleeping out here tonight?" 

I turned and saw Fawad walking up to me, smiling. I shrugged, nonchalantly. "I think I'm old enough to not be terrified of the Darakht Churail."

*Darakht Churail: Tree Witch.

The Darakht Churail was just one of the crazy things we'd invented while lying in that tent all those years ago.

He scoffed. "It's been twenty-five years, and I'm sure you'd still p**s your trousers, thinking about the Darakht Churail, if you slept out here." 

"Shh. Younger siblings weren't meant to know about it, remember?" I reminded him. "We just told Fariha that it was too cold, and we intended to keep it that way."

He chuckled, staring out into the darkness. 

"How things change, yaar. In Sha Allah, when Ismael is eight, I would never let him sleep on the terrace in a tent like that, not after what we experienced." 

"Khud to maa baap ki sun ni nahin thi, aur ab khud baap bangaya hai to akal aa hi gayi hai, haan?"

*"You didn't listen to your parents before, and now that you're a father, you've finally gotten some sense, huh?"

"Oh right, because you won awards for obedience." I pointed out, before mimicking him, "Ammi, Papa, if you don't let us sleep out here, I won't eat anything till tomorrow night."

He laughed loudly, finally being his old self around me. 

We stood in comfortable silence for a while.

"Fawad?" I grinned.

"What?" He looked at me and grinned back. "What are you thinking? Whatever it is, I'm in."

"I can see Ahad and Zafar from here." I raised both eyebrows at my brother-like best friend.

Ahad and Zafar had always been the biggest targets of our pranks, followed by Jazzy and Fariha.

"We're too old to throw water balloons at them." He sighed.

"Dil to bacha hai ji." I said.

*"We're young/kids at heart."

"What are we going to do?" 

I looked out at the two friends in the back garden, thoughtfully. "Hmmm..."

****

Zafar

"I'm just glad that Fari and the boys are okay. That's all that matters." I said, as I sat beside Ahad on a garden chair. It was slightly cold, but it felt good.

"Alhumdulillah." Ahad nodded. "I'm glad that you're okay as well." 

We sipped our coffees, relaxing in the cool night air of Lahore. Like normal winters, a light fog had started to gather, creating a serene atmosphere.

Everything was calm and relaxed until we heard a rustling noise from above our head. 

"What the...?" Ahad glanced up, sharply. 

I followed his gaze and stared up at the large mango tree that had been around for as long as I could remember, and was quite beloved to Fatima Ammi. All I saw was pure darkness comfortably settled between the leaves that were gently blowing in the light breeze.

"Bat?" Ahad asked.

"Or a night owl like us?" I grinned.

He shrugged.

We sat in silence for a while, before there was some more rustling above our heads. 

"Bhai used to tell us about the jinn and the Darakht Churail." Ahad suddenly whispered.

"Yeah, because it's totally unlike a big brother to scare his younger siblings." I said, sarcastically.

"The jinn are mentioned all over the Quran, bro." Ahad looked at me.

"Don't tell me that you're scared." I said.

"Dude, it's not like you can shoot it with your police gun." 

Suddenly a louder rustle made us both jump to our feet and a rock fell down from the tree.

Ahad and I just stared at the tree, blankly.

"What the...?" He said, after a few moments. He glanced around and then up at the house. He chuckled, almost nervously. "We're both almost thirty. You're a police officer, and I have excellent self-defence training." 

"Against jinn?" I repeated what he had pointed out earlier. "Just start reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi." 

"Bro, I've heard my whole life that jinn reside in trees at night." Ahad backed away. "Maybe we should go inside and see what the ladies are up to?" 

Another rock sent us both rushing towards the house, both trying to look nonchalant. 

We are brave, no doubt. But if something exists as per the Quran, we cannot deny it. And the unseen and unknown darkness can scare even the toughest of humans.

As we entered, Arhaan Bhai and Fawad Bhai were coming down the stairs, with similar mischievous expressions on their faces.

"You pr**ks!" Ahad seemed to realise at the same time that we had been pranked by the famous 'Farhaan', a nickname that Arhaan Bhai and Fawad Bhai's teachers had come up with because they usually used to end up in trouble together.

"Aww, the looks on your faces were priceless." Arhaan Bhai laughed.

"Oh, it's on!" Ahad Bhai challenged him, stepping towards him almost threateningly.

"What's going on?" Zoya Bhabi and Fariha came out into the hallway.

"Your husbands just got pranked." Arhaan Bhai grinned.

Fariha laughed. "Is that battle starting up again? God, Zoya, they always used to be pranking each other, and me and Jasmina." 

Zoya Bhabi looked excited. "Ooh, can I join in? I love pranks! I'd be happy to team up against Ahad." 

Ahad glared at her. "Hey, you are naturally always my team. You don't get to change!"

"I don't know. If Arhaan Bhai and Fawad Bhai can prank you, then I'd definitely want to be in this team." Zoya Bhabi shrugged. 

"Speaking of teams, how about an old fashioned cricket match?" I suggested.

"At this time?" Fariha widened her eyes.

"Hell yeah!" Arhaan Bhai nodded. "I'm up for it." He looked at Fawad. "You in, Bhai?" 

"Same, let's do this." Ahad said, looking at Zoya Bhabi. "I have a good look charm now." He winked at her, and she winked back.

I looked at Fariha. "As do I." She blushed.

"Let's go! I'll keep the score!" Zoya Bhabi offered, happily.

"Be fair!" Arhaan Bhai warned her.

"Trust me, I always play honestly." Zoya Bhabi reassured him.

****

Fariha

I sat on the terrace, watching the game from up here. Zaid was inside my old room, and I had left the baby monitor near him, with one by my side, so that I could hear him.

Hania's old baby monitor. I couldn't help thinking. I never got one for Zaid, claiming to Zafar that it felt like a waste of money. Although, the truth was, I really would have liked one. Sometimes, I'm up on the roof hanging up the washing while Zaid was asleep in the room downstairs.

I tilted my head back, staring up at the sky. Once upon a time, before Umair came into my life, my parents had planned to set me up with a doctor once I was of marriageable age. To be fair to them, they'd also planned to set Bhai up with a doctor, a long time ago, back when he was still a teenager, but our lives just took completely different turns, and we were finally both happy.

I sighed. Of course I am happy. I would never change this life for anything else. I would never, ever, ever give up Zafar or my sons for anything or anyone in the universe...

But I don't want to end up comparing my life to the others around me. Bhai and Bhabi, Ahad and Zoya, and even Arhaan Bhai and Sadia Bhabi. They were all wealthy, Ma Sha Allah, and I just didn't want to develop an inferiority complex, after telling my sons not to do so.

"That's a lot of noise." 

I turned and saw Bhabi coming over to sit on the chair beside me. Through the railing, we could still see the match downstairs.

"All the friends are together after a long time." I smiled, glancing at her.

She smiled. "It's good." 

"Kyun bulaya unhain?" I asked, curiously, referring to Sadia Bhabi.

*"Why did you call her?"

She looked at me. "For Bhai. I didn't want him to be left out, and I couldn't exactly ask him to come alone, right?" 

I knew her since she was born, so I knew exactly the way Jasmina Bhabi thought things. "Just for your own Bhai's sake, or for my Bhai's sake as well?" 

She didn't reply, her gaze now on her stomach.

"You were worried about the distances between my Bhai and your Bhai." I continued. "And you wanted them to have a chance to fix it." 

"Guilty." She whispered, looking up at the game again, where Ahad was angrily yelling at Arhaan Bhai over something. Ahad tended to get very hot-headed during a game. "Fariha, I loved their bromance, and it hurt a lot to see them drift apart. And I know very well that they both were hurting as well, but men won't ever admit it, would they?" 

"Well, they pranked Ahad and Zafar today, so that's one step towards normality." 

Soon, Zoya joined us. "Ugh, that scorekeeping got boring." She sat down on the third chair, sighing. "I'd much rather just play, you know." She began to scroll through her phone. "Oh Allah! I'm usually not a shopper, but the local Maria B store is having a sale, and I still need to buy something to wear for Hani Jaani's birthday. Jasmina, Fari, girls' trip tomorrow?" 

Maria B was a famous Pakistani designer, and I used to regularly buy stuff from the boutiques before my first marriage. 

"Absolutely!" Bhabi shrugged. "Nothing for me until Iman's born, In Sha Allah, but I'll look for something for Hania." 

"Fari?" Zoya looked up at me.

"I can't tomorrow." I shook my head. "Early morning day after tomorrow, my in-laws are arriving back from Umrah, and I have to get the house ready."

"It'll just take an hour or two." Zoya promised.  "I'll go with Ahad and get my car in the morning, and then we can drive together from here. And then, we can help you if you want."

Fortunately, I heard crackling in the baby monitor then, saving me the humiliation. "Oh! I think Zaid is up. Let me go and check on him." Tears filled my eyes as I rushed out. I knew that they didn't do it intentionally, but they were creating feelings of inferiority inside me.

As I picked Zaid up, I heard a light knock on the door and turned to see Bhabi standing there.

"Actually, Fariha, I told Zoya that I can't go." She said, sheepishly. "Shopping tires me out these days, so she wants to know if you still want to go, or she can go with Ammi." Something in her expression told me that she was covering for me. She understood my situation and was trying to discreetly cover for me without making me look bad.

I smiled at her, gratefully, wordlessly thanking her. 

She turned to go.

"Bhabi?"

She looked at me, questioningly.

"Bhai's right. He's said this more than once, that you have a very good heart." 

"I'm selfish." She admitted. "I just want to see my loved ones happy." 

"May Allah always bless you with happiness as well. Ameen." I whispered, making a genuine dua from my heart for her.

She truly was the perfect match for my compassionate and kind brother.

****

Zoya

"You may have lost the match but..." I told Ahad, before pausing thoughtfully. "Nope. You lost. You're a loser!" I burst out laughing.

"Zo!" He grabbed me around the waist as I continued laughing. 

We were in the guest room that had been assigned to us, after everyone had retired to their rooms for the night.

"Just kidding. I love you either way, my gorgeous bad boy hunk." I pecked his lips.

"Zo, coffee?" He asked, raising his eyebrows almost pleadingly.

I sighed, dramatically. "Fine. But only if I get something in return."

"And what's that, my business-minded lady?" 

I slid my hands under his shirt, up his stomach and onto his chest. Biting my lip, playfully, I fluttered my eyelashes at him. " I want..." I leaned forward and bit his lip now. "To sleep. You can have the coffee alone." 

He looked surprised. "What?" 

"One day, I promised you that one day, when you really want me, I will get you back. Remember when you filled me with desire and told me that you need to be up early? Well, here's your payback, jaaneman." I did a little victorious dance, before leaving the room to make coffee for him.

*Jaaneman: sweetheart.

I loved teasing Ahad. For too long he'd been the resident bad boy, but now this bad girl had arrived to challenge him equally. This was going to be a fun ride.

****

I found Jasmina in the kitchen. She was at the table, drinking milk. 

"Hey." I said, walking over to the coffee machine on the counter.

"Hey. You want me to make it for you?" She immediately got up.

"Sit back down, Nand Sahiba." I rolled my eyes. "I have fully operating hands, Alhumdulillah. I can make it myself."

She smiled apologetically. "Sorry."

"Don't be. I know that you get this habit from my mother-in-law, and your beloved mother." I smiled, fondly. "I keep telling her, 'Ammi, I'm not a guest. Relax. I'll manage myself', but she can't help herself."

"Yeah, Ammi's like that." 

Suddenly, Sadia Bhabi walked in, shaking her head. 

"What happened to you?" I asked, light heartedly. 

"Jasmina, you could have respect for guests at least." Bhabi snapped.

"Excuse me?" 

"Why did you call me here? To insult me?" 

"Okay, whoa. Chill." I stepped in because, honestly, I didn't think Jasmina would stand up for herself against Bhabi, especially not while she was pregnant. She didn't have it in her these days. "What's your issue?" 

"Weren't you and Fawad Bhai up there on the terrace a while ago? Allah! Is that the way to behave when your big brothers and their wives are over? As well as your Nand..."

"I'm sitting right here!" Jasmina looked, confused. "And Fawad is inside with Arhaan Bhai, watching TV. I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"Wait." I looked at her, before turning back to face Bhabi. "Why should Jasmina give you any explanation? She's the only Bahu of the Ali family, which means, we're all in her house right now. You have no right to question her regarding what she does or doesn't do with her husband at her own home! She's not in supposedly 'your' home that your criticising her." 

"Zoya Bhabi..." Jasmina began to speak up.

"It was me and Ahad." I admitted. "Even if you just saw our silhouettes, I'm sure you can tell the difference between me and a five-months-pregnant woman."

"You should show some regard to where you are, Zoya." Bhabi told me in disapproval.

I looked at my Nand. "Do you care what I do with my husband on the terrace in this house?"

Jasmina shook her head. 

I looked at Bhabi. "Problem solved. When the lady of the house doesn't have a problem, and as long as Ahad and I have regards for our limitations, I honestly don't care about your judgemental opinions. This nonsense won't work on me." Rolling my eyes, I continued making coffee for Ahad.

Bhabi left without another word.

"You need to speak up sometimes, babe." I told Jasmina. "She can't question your behaviour in your own home. Frankly, she shouldn't have done so in your parents' home either, but certainly not here."

She was still sitting at the table looking thoughtful as I left with Ahad's coffee. 

****

Another long chapter. I like writing about the bonding between everyone.

But of course, Sadia has to speak up doesn't she? 

Did you agree with Jasmina's decision to call Arhaan and Sadia over, or should she have not called them at all?

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.9K 440 42
In the charming uncertainty of life, they stumbled upon each other's worlds and discovered a connection that would change everything. As their hearts...
205K 12.5K 71
***Book 3 of the For Our Love series. Not a standalone novel*** Hania: Sweet, awkward, shy and the protected child of her family. She's perfectly con...
4.5K 295 22
The love story of a trio these 3 girls a incomplete without each other they love everyone and they all are kind soul these three girls fell in Love...
70.5K 2.5K 53
[A SEQUEL OF ENTANGLED LOVE] I will suggest you, read Entangled Love before this book. For her, his happiness is the most crucial thing in the world;...