๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ | The Mandalor...

By -rebelswinwars

๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ "I will no longer deny that you are precious to me" "That's must of been h... More

๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ | The Mandalorian
๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ค
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž
๐Ÿ | The Hunters
๐Ÿ | The Offer
ยฟNote?

๐Ÿ‘ | The Hunt Begins

922 45 12
By -rebelswinwars

𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
" glitter and gold "
CHAPTER 1: THE MANDALORIAN

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Neytiri would forever be uncomfortable with the Mandalorian and the amount of trust he showed her.

She didn't know his name, his face, his age and yet he brought her somewhere many would kill to be. Everything in her willed her mind to forget every detail of the city around her, to cast away the directions they took, and to abandon every thought of the man beside her. It would do him good for her to forget him at this point. She knew too much.

Secrecy was his life after all.

"Why do you bring me here?" She hissed, ears flattened to the side of her head while her sharp teeth were bared in annoyance at the stoic man in front of her. His strides were quick but her much longer legs kept her right on his tail. She wast tempted to stomp on the back of his boot.

"Because I don't trust you on my ship alone"

"Why, scared I'll fly off with it?" She scoffed

The man didn't answered but there was a small bob from his head.

The Na'vi rolled her yellow eyes before her long steps came to a sudden halt at the sight of a vaguely familiar arch carved into a sandstone wall. A tattered red cloth covered the entrance. It was old and weathered, torn by the elements and age. Her sharp gaze followed the Mandalorian as he easily slipped through the drape and disappeared down the steps into the covert below. Neytiris feet remained rooted down however. She felt like a trespasser simply standing there. She had permission to enter the covert as long as she was accompanied yet it always felt wrong, like she was on sacred ground.

Slowly, she pushed the drape to the side and descended down the stairs.

The Mandalorian waited at the foot of the steps for her, visor glimmering in the low over head light. The smell of sulphur and something damp instantly assaulted her sensitive nose. Neytiris ears twitched as a small huff escaped her, head shaking like she was trying to rid herself of it. Her tail swayed anxiously. They simply stood there in the entrance for a moment before Mando turned on his heels and began to stalk down the isle of the abandoned sewer turned Mandalorian covert.

The Na'vi stuck close to the mans back, trailing at his heels while respectfully keeping her eyes to herself. However, even in her peripheral, she could still several Mandalorians gathered around makeshift tables and the helmets that turned to follow her as she passed. Her eyes however were drawn to a pair of small children that ran down the path towards them. They giggled and laughed, small helmets reflecting the low yellow light in pretty shimmering patterns, before they circled Neytiri as if she was a tree to play catch around. She didn't mind. The Na'vi simply flickered her tail to swat at the young Mandalorian girl that tried to grab at it to get a rise out of her. The two children giggled, playfully tuggin at Neytiris hands and coat, before they disappeared around a corner.

The Mandalorian watched her silently before turning down the arch into the Armorers workshop.

The room was dark, lit only by sparse yellow lights and the blazing fires of the smelting pit. The walls were built of the same dark sandstone as the rest of the buildings and the walls met in an arched ceiling that loomed low above them. The shadows were ominous and deep. Sparks flew across the room from the pits side as a familiar figure beat a metal plate into shape before holding it over an open flame. The gold of her horned helmet was regal and crown like, glimmering in the light of her forge. A shimmer passed over the woman's T-visor as she turned to them.

Neytiri touched her forehead gently before tapping over where her heart would be in a greeting of high respect towards the armourer. The gold clad Madalorian returned the gesture before placing down the equipment and moving toward the table that Mando kneeled at silently. He removed his weapons. Neytiri did the same, placing down all her weapon in sight of the Armorer before retreating back into the shadows of the arch. She crouched low, making herself smaller, and leaned back against the cold wall. She remained quiet as the two Mandalorians spoke.

"This was gathered in the Great Purge." The woman hummed as she inspected the ingot closely, mindful of the Imperial brand on the corner "It is good it is back with the Tribe."

Mando simply nodded "Yes."

The Armorer let out a thoughtful hum "A pauldron would be in order. Has your signet been revealed?"

"Not yet."

"Soon." The woman insisted. She stood, Neytiris eyes following her curiously, and quickly began to ready the forge. The Na'vi watched closely. She had only ever been in the covert three times before, which was still too many times in her opinion, so she had never seen the Armorer work. She took the time to simply watch silently.

"This is extremely generous." The Armorer called over her shoulder as she readied her equipment "The excess will sponsor many Foundlings."

"That's good." The mans voice was almost soft "I was once a Foundling."

"I know." There was a hint of a smile in her tone.

The Na'vi eyes flickered between both of them. This was all feeling very private.

"Should I leave?" Neytiri hummed awkwardly, tail swaying on the ground behind her as she stayed crouched in the shadows. She felt almost intrusive watching this. Mando didn't turn his head to her but there was a shift in his shoulders. It was the Armorer that spoke. Her voice was low and calm, T-visor blank when she turned to look at the Na'vi. Neytiri could feel the other woman's eyes tracking across her.

"You are welcome here" The gold clad warrior hummed gently "A trusted friend and vouched for"

"Vouched for?" She shifted on her feet, eyes narrowed and ears flattened in confusion. Her chin was hooked over her knees.

"By me"

Mandos voice was bland through the modulator and he didn't even turn around to look at her, simply shifted on his knees. Neytiri let her gaze bore into the back of his head before looking to the Armorer. She didn't let her confusion show.

Neytiri could only hum and nod before her eyes blew wide at the shower of golden sparks that flew from the metal as it was struck. The light of the forge danced in her yellow eyes while her pupils dilated in wonder. The Armorers hammer created a thunder like sound as it landed strike after strike on the molten metal, curving it into shape, while the forges fire was almost sweltering. The woman could almost feel the heat from where she was huddled.

She stayed completely still until the moment the Mandalorian stood, new pauldron fastened to his shoulder like a shining medal.

They collected their weapons in silence, pride radiating off of the male bounty hunter even though he remained outwardly stoic, before they disappeared back through the tunnel system. Neytiri made the same gesture but backwards to the Armorer in goodbye and the other woman once more returned it before she left. Her long legs kept her right behind Mando, his tattered cloak swaying around his legs, before they both ascended up the stairs to the sunlight that made the woman squint her eyes. The world was a blur for a moment before she adjusted. The Mandalorian hadn't stopped though, he was already a few meters ahead of her when the world came back into view.

The Na'vi was at his heels with in seconds, looming over his shoulder as she eyed the pauldron "it looks good"

"Thank you" he huffed out.

"Doesn't exactly match though" She teased. Her yellow eyes flickered across the rest of his beskar ensemble that was more brown and rusted greys that contracted to the almost blinding silver. She knew the colours meant something but she had never been told what.

His helmet twisted to face her and she could almost feel the glare.

Neytiri simply let her longer legs carry her a few steps ahead of the man as they both traveled towards the landing grounds where the Razor Crest was waiting, it's dull grey plates dirtied by the dust rising from other ships as they landed and departed. The gravel crushed under her boots with each step. The Mandalorians ship wasn't the prettiest thing but who was she to complain when she didn't have one herself. An unfortunate incident on Tataaine resulted in an explosion and her being shipless. Though, she did end up having a lovely week travelling across the Dune Sea with the Tuskens.

"Something doesn't feel right about this job" Neytiri called as she made her way up the ramp into the depths, toeing past strewn about parts and crates.

The Mandalorian followed right behind her "It's for Imperials so keep your guard up"

"Obviously" She drawled "but who do you think it is that we're hunting?"

"It's against the Guild to ask questions" The man simply stated as he moved past her in the hanger to get to the ladder that led up the the cockpit. He disappeared up it quickly, tattered cape swaying around his ankles. Neytiri glared at him lightly but followed right behind him. She shimmed off her long coat as soon as she got into the cockpit, leaving her in the dark green jumpsuit, before dropping down into the copilots seat with the discarded jacket draped over the back rest.

"You can't deny that you're curious though, right?" She hummed, reaching up to flick a switch that Mando needed to start the engines "they must be important if Imperials are coming out of hiding to hire someone to look for them. Face to face no less"

Mando didn't say anything but Neytiri could see that tilt in his helmet that told her that he was listening.

"I'm either guessing it's someone related to the Old Republic" The Na'vi theorised as her fingers drummed across her chin "or maybe even an old enemy"

"Enemy?" Mando inquired softly.

His hand was fastened tightly around ships controls as he led them out of the docking space around Nevaro before jumping to hyperspace. The starts around them turned into nothing more then white and blue blurs, almost headache inducing if looked at for too long. The engines hum reverberated up through Neytiris feet. She was slouched unceremoniously in the seat but her boots were planted firmly on the floor, tail circled around the stem of the chair. Her ears flickered with each sound from the Razor Crests control board.

"People who owe them money. Deserters. Republic officials. Maybe anyone they just don't like in general" She elaborated with a shrug "who knows what classes as an enemy in their minds"

"Well it doesn't matter" The man dismissed, squashing his own curiosity.

Neytiri simply rolled her eyes before sinking further down into the slightly uncomfortable seat and closing her eyes. While the Mandalorian had no interest in getting himself invested beyond a base level in the hunt, the woman wanted to know everything. After all, as soon as the job was done she was determined to wipe them out. Even if it was by alerting the Republican or simply picking them off herself. She refused to let them live after everything they had done.

What was a couple more dead Imperials in the grand scheme of things.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

I started the Clone Wars recently. Just finished the Umbara arc 🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 793 78
When the Mandalorian took it upon himself to save the child that was once his bounty, he had no clue what his next step was. Disappearing from Nevarr...
14.2K 632 54
"I'll cover these vibrant eyes And forget the pain" -Vibrant Eyes, CG5 ~*'*'*~ Din Djarin's life changed in three instances. In the first, he was sav...
3.5K 70 14
Desideratum: something that is needed or wanted "In the midst of hundreds and thousands of stars and planets, that hold hundreds and thousands of peo...