The Half Bloods

By VampireQueen17

When 16 year old Cassie decides to turn into a halfa or a fairy vampire things go terribly wrong. Her boyfrie... More

The Half Bloods

56 1 0
By VampireQueen17

Chapter One:

It was Monday the worst day of my life ever. I'm not just saying this because its the beginning of the week. Maybe I should tell what happened over the weekend, On Friday right after I got home I caught my mom sniffing crack, my brother was into the brandy and dad was missing.I know I might be sounding a little paranoid, but my brother is thirteen, and my mom is 'home-schooling' him because she thinks public schools are a 'bad influence' great job mom. My mother doesn't even look anything like me, I'm blonde, she's red headed, I have bluish eyes she has hazel, and we're complete opposites. Not wanting to engage in conversation with either of them, I quickly ran to my room and called my boyfriend Danny, after the other line rang for five minutes he answered with- I don't want to talk. I huffed and looked at my phone like it would suddenly open up and give me the answers to my sucky day. Of course it didn't that would be impossible, and I'm a junior Fairy, let me explain, my family goes back before Jesus Christ himself, my family are Fairies, royal fairies might I add. Although my grandmother is a Halfa, or Half Fairy half Vampire she was full Fairy when she had my father and now I'm next in line for the throne since my father denounced his right to rule. I plan on being a Halfa like my grandmother Rosandra. Usually on Friday I would do homework or write in my journal or take flight, but tonight I didn't see anything in my room that looked entertaining besides the T.V my father got me for my birthday three months ago.

So I turned on the TV and the news was on, the handsome early twenty something newscaster was in the fore ground while my dad's car was in the back ground smashed to bits. Blood was everywhere I started to cry as the newscaster said that,

"A young Danny Phelps crashed into a mister Robert Jones killing him instantly, Danny's current girlfriend was Bob's daughter. There is no evidence that alcohol was involved, or any drugs. Daniel Phelps is an upstanding citizen and claims to be in love with Cassie Jones. There is no further evidence to suggest foul play."

 I couldn't believe it my father was dead, my mother was an addict, and my brother is a drunk what could get any worse than this, just than my cell phone rang, a picture of my father showing up on the screen, which I found to be odd since it said on the T.V that he was dead. 

"Yeah?"  I answered hesitantly, scared someone was pranking me.

"Cassie I'm so sorry but I can't see you anymore and I can't change you into a Halfa. Your father learned about what you wanted to do and wanted to kill me." Danny's voice echoed in my ear. This couldn't be right; Danny did mention he had a brother. I decided to play along until Monday at school.

"So you killed him? And now you’re breaking up with me? Your a jerk Danny I really don't know what I was thinking when I said yes to go out with you. Good riddance." I slammed my phone shut for good measure, whoever Danny's brother is he's not on my good list.

So my weekend was absolutely horrible. My ex- boyfriend or my boyfriend's brother killed my dad.

 Chapter Two:

As I walked into the school cafeteria on Monday, after Math class, I saw Danny his black hair carelessly placed around his head, his green eyes sparkling with old tears, faking laughs here and there to keep his buddies from worrying, his group of friends, consisted of all my closet friends boyfriends, Nat Blake, Tyson Vailsworth, Tommy Jams, and Chi Luing. A football under his left elbow propped against his hip, but he wasn't laughing like the others, I was glad for that. He caught me looking and I walked over. In his eyes I saw the sadness, guilt,and depression forming, maybe this is his twin, I should walk away, no this has to be Danny. I started to walk towards him getting more and more nervous, maybe I was wrong maybe that was him on the phone Friday night. I stopped a couple feet from him and his friends dispersed except Chi, who hung back for a few seconds, having found out the news from their own girlfriends and didn't want to stick around for all the drama, I didn't get the chance to start the drama I had no intention of starting before Danny started talking. Tears literally in his eyes, threatening to spill over like an overfilled glass of water and making them look like polished emeralds. 

"Cassie I didn't break up with you that was my brother trying to get back at me for going against his 'laws' or whatever. I love you please forgive me." Now the tears were falling, I was considering moving our conversation out of a public setting but it was too late everyone in the lunch room had seen the tears, bloody tears might I add, dang it! He exposed himself. 

"I thought it wasn't you but I'd been through so much that day that I couldn't get your voice or your brothers for that matter. I forgive you. But Danny we got to move, you’re crying and you just fed so the blood is in your tears!"

"Ah crap. Let's go, and cool I'm real sorry about your dad I was watching the news and your dad's name popped up. I couldn't believe it than my name popped up and I knew it was my brother. Crap the asswipe always getting in my way." I laughed a little and started leading him out of the room. As soon as we were in the clear, I kissed him, then I saw a figure pass by the alcove where we were making out who just so happened to be Danny's mysterious brother. I only knew because he looked just like the guy I was locking lips with.

 "I've never met your brother, Danny." Well than I have my boyfriend back. Now I wish my dad wasn't dead.

"You don't want to." He whispered and started to walk away.

  Chapter Two:   "No yes I do. Please take me to meet him and your mother after school? You only live a crossed the street." I gave him my puppy dog eyes and kissed him too for good measure   "Fine. Meet me at my car after school like always." I held his hand until he was too far away for me to hold onto it without stretching, I spotted a dark figure in the next alcove down from mine watching our exchange. Something about it sent tingles to my hidden wings, they itched not a good sign that meant trouble. I was being spied on.

  ******Niko**********

I watched from the shadows the exchange between my half brother and the girl I was sworn to protect, it seems my plans to break them up have been foiled, Dimitri is going to kill me, and so is Arvial. I hated that I had to pretend to be evil for my brother only my mother knew my true identity and true purpose. Not even the crack head I was supposedly married too knew or my son Jake who I felt very guilty for giving that wife of mine full rein on. I seriously had to get rid of the alcohol.

  *******Cassie********

Well than I have my boyfriend back. Now I wish my dad wasn't dead. Now after school I’m in Danny’s car and I’m waiting for him to start the engine. He just sits there. I think he doesn't want me to meet his Vampire family especially his brother. I huffed and looked at him and said “How are we supposed to get there if you don’t start the car Danny?”  As if out of a trance he looked at me and then at the keys. “Oh yeah sorry Cass.” He put the key in the ignition and we were off. It was silent until we got to Hackamore  Street when he started warning me about what not to say basically he was giving the do’s and don’t s of meeting the parents. In this case Vampents. No wonder he was worried vampires and fairies normally stay out of each other’s way Danny and I were an abnormal couple you could say. When we got to 67890 Hackamore Street he turned into the drive way and turned off the car. But he made no move to get out of the car. He just sat there staring at the steering wheel then he glanced at me.   Danny shifted uncomfortably in the car outside his house. I've never been here. It was a nice house, three stories, a lot of windows, and a white picket fence. It even had a mail box that said ‘PHELPS’ on the side in white. The door had an artificial wreath for every season and there were no clues that a family of vampires lived there. I didn't know what Danny was so worried about. I wondered what his vampire family does for fun. I’m the only fairy in my family I was chosen by my great grandmother that whenever I was born I would become a fairy high queen when I turned 18. I have other intentions; I’m going to be the best Halfa high queen the world has ever known. Actually I take that back my grandmother was a Halfa high queen, and she kicked ass, quite literally too.  

“Danny c’mon I want to meet your family.”  

"Okay. I love you, oh and if Niko opens the door he looks exactly like me, well I think he can change his appearance.”   Now I was scared, what if Danny left the room and Niko walked in what he would do I knew nothing about him except he killed my father and I called him a jerk. I’m in shit’s creek. My wings tingled under my skin of my back they do that when I’m scared so I’m ready to retreat.   

“Let’s go meet the vamp-in-laws” I said with a devilish grin. He sighed and shook his head but got out of the car. I followed him like a duckling after its mama. I would never understand what Danny was so worried about on this day for the rest of my existence.  

Chapter Three:   When I looked at Niko he looked nothing like Danny. Instead he looked more like my brother, odd my brother has the same eyes; green and hair color; black and the same nose; button with a slight dimple at the end. That day I was so stupid not to put two and two together. My fears slowly melted away. When I walked through the doorway I felt safe, it felt weird since it was a vampire family crypt. Well I do feel safe with Danny. I wonder how long his family has been around. I heard a woman saying     

“Niko, who is at the door?”   “Mother it looks as if we get to finally meet young Daniel’s girlfriend and oh she’s a  fairy, how….lovely!” Well the safe feeling is gone. The way he had said fairy had sent shivers up and down my spine, my wings poked through my skin and I was glad I was wearing Danny's Your only a Monster if You Believe in Vampires sweatshirt. It was super cozy and an inside joke. Danny was far from being a monster.    

Three hours later      

That wasn't so bad I thought Danny’s mom is a very nice person and she was very pretty she had long brown hair the color of freshly baked bread and beautiful sea sky blue eyes, the sky at the sea is always more blue. She was tall around 5’9 and had a slight tan under her vampire parlor. She looked protective of me and Danny whenever Niko came into the room but hid it nonchalantly. I couldn't help but stare at Niko and think about it but Niko was a vampire shape shifter and I didn't trust him at all even if he was Danny’s brother of sorts I wanted more information on him and who else would have the best information then his brother who knew him for almost 300 years?   

“Hey Danny how come Niko is a shape shifter and you aren't?” he was reluctant to answer but I just looked at him, until finally he took my hand and we sat on my front stoop. His eyes rested on me, but his ears were elsewhere. He started to speak and I fell instantly under the spell of his velvet voice as most girls did when they heard him speak.   

“My mother couldn't have children for the longest time and then came Niko badly injured alone and helpless she had no idea he was a mass murderer. Until he killed my only sister Phoebe. Then I was born. She was scared for my life, because she found out Niko’s shape shifting abilities had crossed over to his vampire state. She still watches him closely now. Didn't you feel the tension or the motherly aura of the room?”  When he was telling me this story I had no idea at the time it was all a lie.  

“Yeah actually I did. I was vulnerable to it because my mom’s not much of a mom. Danny, Niko has plans for this town, and their not good.”    The rest of the night he spent with me in my bedroom he sat in my old rocking chair watching the door for Niko or the window for him. The aroma of crack drifted up the stairs and alcohol was everywhere. My wings fluttered, and I let them escape it felt good for them to be out. Danny liked to look at them he also liked to paint them for me to. He called me his sexy Cassie, his lovely muse. He said all the time that he loved me. Would you like it if I described them to you? Of course you would it’s not your story. Their black and purple with rippes and tears and turquoise ovals at the tips, they look like my great grandmother’s.  

“Danny do you want to go flying?”  

“Of course my lovely muse.”  

“Danny when is my birthday? Has it come and gone or is it to still come?”  

“To still come my lovely muse May 15.”  

“Tell the truth are you Niko?”  

“No dear I’m Danny.”  

“Okay.”  

“Let’s go.”   It turned out he was actually Danny and I had nothing to worry about flying with Danny was so romantic it was so fun. It was a full moon outside normally millions of fairies who decided to live on Earth traveled to Faery for the Full Moon Ball they only celebrate one every year but there are twelve full moons’s to choose from. I've been invited but my mother never let’s me go. Tonight is going to be different. I told Danny we were going to Faery and he said  

“Uh sure. What for?”  

“The Full Moon Ball.”   We saw so many fairies it was unbelievable Danny was is awe he finally saw my world as I did it was a beautiful bonding moment between us. When we crossed over to the Magical Dimension colors exploded, it was an artists’ dream. All the primaries were there and the secondary colors but some of the colors didn't have a category.  The other fairies were surprised to see me. I was surprised to see me here. My grandmother made an appearance and she was thrilled to see me. Even in earth clothes. My gran hated Earth. Ever since the Salem Witch trials. I danced with all my subjects and of course Danny. Sometime between my last dance with a young male fairy and my first dance with Danny I saw a man that looked like my father. I shook my head and he was gone. Faery was full of surprises. I looked at my watch and eeeped   

“Danny! We have to get home. School starts in four hours.” I said goodbye to my gran and we left. I fell asleep until my alarm blasted in my ear, I looked at my desk and saw two pieces of colorful paper but one was canvas. I got dressed and looked at myself; fairy dust was all over me. My mother was going to freak and well its water proof and the only reason I have it is because I’m one year away from being eighteen or my gran was stepping down early.   I went to my desk and on my desk the painting was of us flying above all the other fairies and the city and us dancing at the Ball, it was gorgeous and a note,

‘last night was amazing see you in school’ ~love Daniel S. Phelps.    

Chapter Four:

At school I was at my locker getting books, normal beginning of the day then my phone rang. It was my mother,

“Your father’s funeral is today, Where are you. If you bring that boy you've been seeing I’ll disown you. I need the extra money anyway.”

“Dee Dee I’m at school and I’ll bring who I want and I don’t care. You need the extra money for Crack so I’ll see you later.”

“Fine but don’t you dare use your gift.”

“Whatever Dee Dee, See ya soon. Do you want me to fly?”

“NO! Didn't I just say not to? Well?” she didn't like what I was she never bought me anything to do with fairies I didn't know who Tinker bell was until the 7th grade when we went to go see it in theaters.

“Whatever hate you more then ever.” I hung up before she could answer.

 When I closed my locker Danny was there 

“We have to go love.” I told him and he nodded his head. When  we were outside I unfolded my wings grabbed him and flew towards my house and saw Niko going the same direction from his house.

“Danny we have a problem, Niko is going to my house. I think he’s going to kill my family!”

“I think your being paranoid love. Maybe he’s going to offer condolences?”

“Yeah after he killed the guy he’s offering condolences for? I highly doubt that Danny. I know he’s your brother and all but I’m not about to take any chances. Hold on I’m speeding up.”

 We ended up beating Niko just in time.

“Everybody back away we have a rogue vampire coming our way. That means you crack head.” Just on time Niko comes through the doorway in his actual appearance. 

“Niko what do you want with this family?” Danny said stepping forward fangs out, crouched to attack. Niko just laughed and said with an amused look on his face. His voice like velvet and strung out like honey.

“Oh Daniel isn't it obvious to you both I had an affair with her mother and she insisted I kill him for the fun of it.”

“How long has my father been truly dead? Have you been posing as him?”

“Oh Cassandra your father has been dead since you were born! You didn't even know him. In every since I’m your father! I've watched every time you touched, kissed and caressed each other. Highly unusual to watch a fairy, really though I should kill you but I don’t act until your mother says.”

“You won’t touch her Niko back away and leave her alone go back to where you came from. Leave this town and your family as well as mine alone. Go to HELL!” I was pretty surprised and I wasn't the only one. Jake actually stopped drinking and said

“Holy crap, she stood up for one of us, She cares.” And hit the bottle again.

Then Niko went up in flames. 

“Ewwwwww! I can’t believe Niko raised me as his own! It was all an act yesterday! He knew who I was I was in every way his daughter!” I cried in my mother’s and Danny’s arms for almost two hours that night, Jake my brother of sorts didn't even care though he was really drunk. My life is too weird even for a teenage fairy princess.

When I woke up the next morning black and pink was everywhere, I forgot to wash my face last night. Danny was stroking my hair with his fingertips.

“Are you awake love?”

“Yeah now, is Niko really gone or was that a show of his abilities?”

“Just a show.”

“I can’t believe he was posing as my father all my life! It’s disgusting really really disgusting. I could puke right now.”

“C’mon my muse you got a letter from the fairy council it looks as if you’re going to be turned earlier than planned.”

“Really? How come Danny?”

“I guess your grandmother wanted to step down early.” With hearing that I froze. Didn't I think of that when I discovered the fairy dust forming on me yesterday? Are my fairy powers coming in early? I felt a cold breeze on my neck, before I could turn to figure out what it was,

Danny bit me.

TWO HOURS LATER

I had a major headache when I woke up again.

 “Danny do I look any different?”

“You have fangs if that’s what you mean try to retract them please. Here is the dress they sent you. They said I could be your king.”

“Danny would you be my king? Let me see my dress!”

“I would be honored to be your king my lovely muse.Oh and here it is.”

“I love you my king. It’s gorgeous! To die for!”

I put it on and unfolded my wings and said

“I haven’t been there since I was two years old."

“No we were there two days ago love.” Danny reminded me. 

When we got there I couldn't believe how beautiful it all was and to think my family has been ruling this place since before Jesus and written religions . I heard a familiar voice, my grandma. 

“OH how you've grown Cassandra. Your real father would be so proud. I hate your brother Daniel no offense killing my only son for sport!”

“None taken believe me.”

“Grandma Rosandra I've missed you so much, it’s only been a couple days and my mother ordered Niko to kill daddy Niko only acts on my mother’s word.”

“The she devil! Come we must get to the dance. All the royal court is waiting to see their princess." I smiled, my grandmother is so full of life, I couldn't help but wonder why she was stepping down so early. Was she sick? Or just tired of me being on Earth so much.

Chapter Five:

I walked into the great hall and pixies lined the ceiling for lights since pixies are only four inches high. I saw fairies that I knew were over 4000 years old, ice sculptures of me and Danny of what looked like a war fairy that looked strangely like me and one that looked like my father. Than I saw Danny because we got separated and he looked ravishing and to tell you the truth I was thirsty not in the punch kind a way in ‘I want to rip out your throat and drink your blood kind of way’ He saw me too I was glad he was my king so I didn't have to be away from him when I was here and he was on Earth. When the dance began I felt so accepted like this was my family and my ‘mother’ was thousands of miles away and she couldn't touch me. Than I was passed to a man that had my eyes; blue with a lavender tinge and hair; brown I felt cold and I knew it wasn't Niko because he would have killed me.   “Princess Cassandra Jones you are my daughter I died to protect you from him and them, but I see they've gotten to you, you’re a Halfa.”   “Wha wrong wih being a hafa”That’s what it sounded like what I meant was “what’s wrong with being a Halfa?” I didn't get it out because I fainted from blood lust and shock.    When I woke up everyone was around me they didn't dare move me afraid I would bite them or something. I couldn't blame them though, but I needed the blood I saw a wrist in front of me and it looked human but smelled funky like a vampire but it was a source of blood so I bit it. I never tasted anything as good as that. Danny look amused to see the way I was chugging on…..NIKO’S ARM! When I was done I screamed   “Who the hell let this monster in my place of peace and sanctuary away from evil like him?” I pointed to Niko.Thats why the blood smelled funky it was shape shifter and vampire. I was so ticked off.                      “Tell me now please.”   “I came on my own accord nobody saw me because I was in the form of your precious mother.”   “What did you do to my crack head of a mother if you hurt her I’ll kill you I swear I will!”   “I didn't hurt her; oh I must say her blood makes me so high!” he was trying to make me lose it, to make me angry so I would crack and attack him. Danny held on to me.   “You drank from her and I just drank from you! Gross I just drank my mother’s blood!”   GET OUT OF MY KINGDOM YOU FILTHY SHAPE SHIFTING MOGUL OR I WILL STAKE YOU RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW IN FRONT Of YOUR BROTHER!”  My grandmother and fairy friends yelled, Danny just chuckled to himself. Niko had no choice he had to leave he was vampire and he wasn't welcome. So he poofed out like he did in my old house I decided to drop out of school and stay here and go to Queen  Heliatia’s school for Royal Fairy’s(she’s the first Halfa high queen.) instead so can Danny if he wants to. After all he is my king   When I walked into my new school which I now owned everyone bowed and a couple offered their wrist to me it was creepy at least Danny decided to stay he said a 1000 years with me was way better than 500 with Niko. A teenaged fairy girl came up to me and said this creepy message.   “You don’t deserve him. I’ll do everything in my power to get him away from you. To pay for what your parents did to my mother and father.”    I learned her name was Yolanda Fulashight her mother was a teacher here. Miss. Natalie Fulashight. It made me feel better that I could fire her mother and expel her daughter. I was a happy princess until I remembered my father was alive all this time and nobody told not even Rosandra.That also ticked me off, lately a lot of things ticked me off. Danny said it was the wacky hormonal stuff that went on after the vampire changerooni bite. I actually missed my old school where I was a nobody with a really extremely hot boyfriend with a secret. I even kind of missed my whacked up family. I even missed the cafeteria food that moved an inch when you poked it and the lunch lady that gave extra food if you gave her a dollar or if it was your birthday or you just looked blue. But nobody would hear of me leaving my kingdom not even for family and friend visits I felt trapped inside my own kingdom I was caged and nobody could help not even Danny with his supernatural strength we the fairies were ten times as strong well we don’t look it but we are.    Chapter Six:   After my day dream and talk to myself.   I went to talk to my father and grandmother who now was my adviser to ask some questions Danny was with me as long as I loved him he said, a vampires love was undying since they never died of natural causes. He repeated his oath daily and I always answered I would always love him and need him because he is my true king and my only love. My father was a sight to see when we walked into the parlor, my grandmother was making some kind of dress and using my father as the model for the hemming since my father is only two inches taller than me fairies are really short but not Tinkerbell short what she’s like four inches tall? I'm 5’2 human size so I can blend in. and I can talk human I don’t jingle like pixies.    “Um guys what’s going on?”   My grandmother looked up  “Oh hello dear I'm making your wedding gown. For your wedding to Daniel tomorrow.”   “TOMORROW! But how did I not know about this?”   Danny looked surprised enough to pass out he read my mind I could feel it was like a brain freeze while eating ice-cream all over your head. He found what he wanted but it was nothing I didn't know anything beforehand about the engagement.    “Daaaaaaaaaad? What do you know-How long has this been planned?” No answer.    “Grams? When was this planned? When the prophecy was written? Tell me I command answers!”   “Calm yourself Cassandra, to answer your questions go to the kingdom’s prophet she has all the answers, Oh do you like?”   “Actually despite everything I LOVE it,” I had the dress they sent to go to dance in still on. I looked outside, there was enough time to go speak to the prophet, I tugged on Danny’s arm and had him read my mind, ‘we are going to see the prophet let’s go.’  He followed me and it only took two human hours but here it was more like five minutes. When we entered the cave.    “Enter Princess Cassandra. And Prince Daniel.” Creepy.   “It’s only creepy if you want it to be creepy my dear princess. You are here about the wedding are you not?”   “Uh yes Priestess Veta we are.”   “You want to know why tomorrow, ja?” “Uh ja. Why tomorrow?”   “My dear princess tomorrow is your actual seventieth birthday. May 15 was made up so you wouldn't guess your parents.”   “It isn't Niko is it?"   “No, sweetheart your father is Dimitri, the model for you dress.” “Oh then who is my real mother?”     “I can’t tell you. It is not my place child.”   “Alright but really is Danny like my soul mate then? Is that why he’s in the prophecy?”   “Yes my child something like that. Is that all child of Werewolf and fairy. Oops I said too much. Act shocked when they tell you. And since I already said too much, your mother’s name is Arvial, she was part of The Three Horror Musketeers.  You will see her tomorrow but not in the way you may think.”  I blinked and Danny and I were at the castle. I looked at him and he looked at me and we both said together   “Er goodnight, getting married tomorrow. I love you.” We turned and went to our bedrooms. I couldn't get to sleep for almost three hours. When I did fall asleep I dreamt of my parents.  Who was the third horror? I woke up the next day and thought to myself,   I’m getting married today and couldn't believe it , I mean I'm only sixteen scratch that seventeen. And Danny is what 250 years old in human years in vampire years he’s only what 216 years old in vampire. I hope I can do this. My gran is coming up the stairs as I think about this I can hear her with my Halfa ears. But it’s not her it’s Niko. I jump out of bed and got ready to cuss him out.    “Hold your fire princess. I'm here as a friend not foe.”     “How can I trust you?”   “Good point dear princess but I’m here for Danny not you.” he changed into another demeanor this time he looked like my mother. DISGUSTING I didn't even want to think about what they did for the past 17 years. My father was here and he was EWW! Then it hit me. Maybe Niko didn't kill my father at all? What if my father asked Niko to protect me from the other vampires besides Danny? It would make since why he never killed me, or he was in love with my real mother.   “Get out Niko.” He did what I said, wow I wondered than how much power did I possess right now? What about Danny? There was someone else coming up the stairs Niko had closed the door, the door opened a female fairy of about 5’1 with long black hair and torn wings that looked like mine, and her face had the same shape as mine, came through the doorway I knew I would lose in a fight against her, she was my mother. How did I know this? Then she spoke her voice was like a melody. Danny said mine sounded the same way.   Chapter Seven:   “My name is Arvial; I’m the fairy of death and destruction. My destiny is kill the halfas but I don’t want to so I have to have a halfa high queen kill ME.” as she pointed herself. I didn’t WANT to kill anyone and technically my gran was still the High queen.    “Excuse me but I’m not queen yet my grandmother would be more then happy to kill an assassin trust me have you seen the way she blows up at Niko my prince’s brother?”   “Ya so what I want you to kill me. Please if you don’t I’ll cry and then millions will die do you want that?”   “No fine the execution will be after the wedding.”   I called the guards and told them    “Take her to the dungeon she is to be ‘killed’ after the wedding or millions will die and don’t to let her cry." She wasn’t going to die, my mother wasn’t going to leave me again, I’m stripping her of her powers and making her mortal, Niko will be her protector. I’ll ask my father for a good re-location spot.   “Yes ma’am will do and congrats for already fulfilling a queen goal all queens have to execute an assassin.”   Maybe Arvial was sent, by gran or the prophet Veta? Then the door opened again this time it was gran and about a dozen other fairies,   “Time to get ready dear.”  The preparations took twelve long hours. I didn't mention Arvial or Niko being the best man yet actually I didn't talk at all.    “Are ye nervous princess? I know I was when thee married me husband ye happy with Sir Daniel?” a maid said with an old English accent that dated back to medieval times.    “No I’m not nervous just worried about after the wedding I have an execution scheduled after. Have you ever heard of Arvial?”   “YE captured the fairy of death and destruction? O ye very lucky your grandfather has been looking fir her for millennia.”    “Really could you tell me about her?”   “Now are not thee time young one.” I wondered why she wouldn't tell me but I pushed the thought aside and followed down the stairs. The wedding was to take place in the abandoned church which was still holy so Niko couldn't enter. I didn't understand how either Danny or I could enter maybe it was some type of spell.   The maid I was talking to looked frightened from what I didn't know. The wedding was beautiful I was glowing in happiness  my dress was as well, it was white and the train was almost fifteen feet long, twelve flower girls had to carry it. and power I didn't even notice Niko at the reception. Danny could now sleep in my royal quarters. I was even happier about that   After a couple dances I found my father.   “Daddy, uh well Arvial came to my chambers this morning and instead of killing her we agreed to make her a mortal. Do you know where Niko and she will be safe? Like your house on earth?”   “Uh yes in Ugata Utah it’s a ghost town they’ll be safe there, my wife and little girl is there.”   “I have a sister?”   “Yes her name is Lillian. She thinks we’re dead. Arvial and Niko are her god parents.” After the dance ended I winked and walked away. Danny met me half way a crossed the dance floor and said it was time for his surprise. Is that what gran told him the execution was? Oh no.   After the wedding Danny found out about the execution and was very mad but really I couldn't blame him. I was mad at myself for agreeing to ‘kill’ such a beautiful woman fairy, but as the high queen I couldn't break my promises to anyone even the fairy of death and destruction. I wondered what it felt like to cry and knowing that you were killing thousands upon thousands of people. I couldn't handle it no wonder she wanted death. I explained that to Danny and he finally understood why I had to ‘kill’ her. When they brought her out I had to announce her crime but there really was no crime in suicide well maybe in my old church but that’s about it. I looked at Danny he was pissed off I could tell.    “Danny I had to I didn't want to really but she was so-so  I don’t know what she was like sincere I had to agree if you don’t agree fine but don’t take it out on me im just doing my job. As queen.” He looked at me and he had understanding and guilt in his eyes, did he know her? I let him read my plan from my head.   “Danny do you know her?”   “Yes and no Niko dated her once or twice. Not very serious but she is a very good friend of my mother’s but if this is an organized suicide than I can’t do anything about it. I know your doing your job and as your king I have to accept that you have to do this.”   “I love you Danny and I’m sorry Arvial is doing this.”   We sat there for a little while longer than I stood and started my speech;    “Hello people of Fairy, today we are gathered for not just a reception but an very unfortunate execution, Arvial Yoko Assassin of the Seventh Generation is sentenced to death today not of a crime but because she turned herself in so because of that I’m taking her wings and immortality away and live amongst mortals for the rest of her natural life.”   “Hello Arvial are you ready it may hurt.” I knew what I had to do it took immense power to do this I needed my grandmother and her power. She saw me and knew that it might kill her but it was worth it. We chanted the chant and soon Arvial was screaming in pain if only she knew what she was doing. When it was done I looked at Danny and he wasn't there, maybe he didn't want to watch after she started screaming I found him a little while later in the room. He was crying bloody tears.    “Danny what’s the matter!? I was only doing what I thought was right I didn't want her to die and neither did she, she wanted this instead she knew it would be painful but she obviously didn't expect to see you so it made the pain worse.”   “Huh? She, she wanted that pain? You could really do that to someone?”   “Why are you turning this on me? She’s the one who wanted to die without dying! If you didn't want to see or hear you could of walked away. But you didn't until it started so you must've been curious maybe you should go see her because she leaves tomorrow this is no place for a mortal. Or a full pledged vampire but I changed you with MY power.”   “I’m sorry Cassie. I really wanted to walk away but it’s so long since I last saw her. The last time was at school when you weren't there I don’t know why exactly you weren't she was beautiful not as beautiful as you of coarse.”   I smiled “Stop just go and see her she’s mortal be careful. You look thirsty.” I walked away. As I did I smiled and let my fangs show.   Chapter Eight:   Danny’s Point of View     “Arvial how are you feeling? I saw the pain you were going through.”   “What were you doing here? Why isn't Niko here?”   “I guess he didn't tell you but he’s secretly married to the witch fairy…Natalie.”   “Why wouldn't he tell me though I’m not just his ex I’m also his best friend.”   “I don’t know why he didn't tell you. I-I was wondering why did you decide to do this? I mean to go mortal?”   “I was tired of everyone dying because of my uncontrollable teenage hormones… you know hurricane Katrina? That was me the first time Niko and I broke up.”   “Jesus Christ...Ow! Remind not to say his name it gives me a little shock.”   “Huh weird, well tell Niko I miss him.”   “We don’t really talk anymore, not sense he almost killed Cassie and her mother.”   “He did that, I thought I was mean and cruel because when I’m sad everyone gets the blunt of it not just Niko… So what has he been up to these days since then?”     “Well he ‘killed’ Cassie’s father and then he came here and had Cassie drink from him and then she screamed at him and then I did and then grams did so he bailed. And I haven’t seen him since.” I thought maybe that she was shocked that she was mortal but I offered to Cassie that I would take her to earth.    “Av I'm taking you to earth an apartment has been set up for you; you have someone to teach you the ropes.” She looked at me and thought maybe I was crazy    “You don’t have to do that I called Niko already.”    (Arvial POV)   “Hello Arvial are you ready to go?”   “Why didn't you tell me you were married?”   “What the hell are you talking about?”   “Danny said you were married to that teacher Natalie. Remember her?”   “That’s the lie that was spun to Danny so he wouldn't know anything us or Cassie’s father.”   “Yeah sure.” If only he knew Cassie’s father was my lover that night. Cassie is my daughter but she can never know because if she did she would never forgive for leaving her with Niko my true love and that crack head.    “Yeah sure whatever. Let’s get out of here.” He poofed me out and started walking I fell asleep and he carried me.   Niko woke me the next day his engine humming, whoa ENGINE?!?! Morning sleepy head I heard the radio say,           ‘Did you sleep well on the Italian leather sitting?’    “Um yes what kind of car are you anyway?”                   ‘ I'm the car of your dreams the XRX Ferrari 3000,’   ‘’Holy crap they don’t come out until like 2025! Holy shit Niko! Howdra know what they look like I didn't even like get the plans down yet much less what kind of leather or SOUND system, holy mother of sound systems!”   ’I’m glad you like it, I read your mind saw what you wanted it to look like and took it from there and the body color is sleekly black. The radio suddenly shut off and he just drove and didn't bother to tell me where we were. A few hours later the radio popped on and Niko’s voice came on through the static, We are now entering  Ugata, Utah its in the middle of nowhere so you can’t escape not that you would want to since I’m staying with you and Violet.   “You’re not staying with me or Violet for that matter so why exactly is it that your here to stay?”   “Cassie ordered me too.”   “Okay whatever.”   “I’ll see you inside then.”   “Yep.”   Grr what a day I mean week whatever. That pain was unbearably painful. You know I just noticed that I’m British! I giggled to myself and then thought great now I'm crazy. I heard someone behind me and turned to see a beautiful woman this must be Violet,  “Hullo I’m Arvial but you can call me Arvi if you like.”   “Hello Arvi, I’m Violet’s daughter’s nanny Jane Wilson I take care of Lillian while violet is at work.”   “Oh when will Miss. Violet be back exactly because I thought her expecting me and my body guard today?”   “Body Guard misses? I thought he was your boyfriend?”   “Is that what he said? That bastard always making up stories I have to have a wee talk with him.”   “Excuse me did you just say wee?”   “Yes O god now I’m Irish! What the hell is wrong with me!” “Um miss I don’t know I just met you.”   “Well it was a rhetorical question anyway.”   “Alright nice meeting you Arvi.”   “Please tell me when Niko comes in could you?”   “Of course miss Arvi.”   “Thank-you Jane.”   Niko came in without Jane seeing, and snuck up on me. “Hello love what are you doing?” he was mocking my accent!   “What the hell do you think your doing? Are you mocking me Niko Phelps? First you tell these people you’re my boyfriend then you, you mock my accent?” I was pissed and he knew it he had that look he had on 64 years ago when we broke apart the second or was it the forth time at the great lake of Utah.   Chapter Nine:   “Please Arvi I was just trying-”   “Don’t alright your married and- and you broke my heart to many times before! We are just colleagues alright your my body guard don’t fuck this up alright? Now go to your room!”   “Jeez you sound like my mother!”   “Well I feel bad for your mother and I’m ashamed of her to because she felt bad for you and decided to pass on the vampire gene! You didn't deserve it Niko Dentrev I don’t even think Niko is your real first name!”   “It’s bloody not Arvi and I’m not mocking you! I’m from England to! I came here with the pilgrims with you! Don’t you remember? You and I made the horror stories begin!”   “Yes I remember and I also remember that you promised to be along side me forever! Stupid mistake for bringing it up huh?”   “Yes! But do you remember my real name?”   “Yes its—Utashiv you found the state of Utah! That’s why you brought me here! It was your- our real home!”   “Yes now that you know that I still love you and really I'm not married to Natalie she’s not even real she was just a story I gave everyone so I had an excuse to come see you.”   “Oh My God Niko um Utashiv I love you too!” he kissed me then it felt so wonderful I haven’t felt his lips in so long! My body bent to the contours of his body, our bodies were like lost jigsaw puzzle pieces, once you find them they fit perfectly together.   “Love you Niko”     “Love you too Arvial what I really want to know what your real name is anyway?”   “Arvialishivatatina Alexandrashiv the second.”   “O wow that is a long name sweetheart.”   “I know that’s why I shortened it numb nuts.”   “ Thank you for the new nick name.” he said sarcastically. He left shortly afterward and then I closed my door and sighed, and looked at the big inviting purple bed.    “ Hmm looks inviting” I heard from behind, “Niko it’s not funny you should really go unpac-” My father stood in front of me. SHOOT. I did not see that coming.    “So Arvialishivatatina you decided to disown your family and become mortal?”   “My name is Arvial and its none of your concern In fact your concern is a surprise to me really, You never cared for the air I BREATHED before and now you suddenly have all the care in the world for your ’little girl’?”   “You didn't answer the question my dear girl.”   “Why should I? Like I  said its none of you’re stuck up business!”   “Don’t you dare speak to me that way young lady! I came here to be civilized! All I want is answers! Your mother is sick and this incident made it worse!”   “Mummy’s sick? But how mummy is never sick! You did this didn't you! Didn't you? You’re a crummy lying cheap monster of a father!”   “Now Arvial please be civilized faeries can be sick you know, I didn't do it I swear I love your mother and I know you think you know I don’t but I love you with all my heart and I want you home please! Please Arvi girl?” I smiled at the nickname he gave me when I fell off my Pegasus the first time.  “Daddy I can’t its not that I don’t want to it’s because I can’t go back to fairy!”   “Well why not?”  “I’m a mortal daddy there's no air on fairy, fairy’s witch’s and vamp’s don’t need air daddy, mortals do, I can’t go I'm sorry please tell mommy I love her. I love you daddy and I know you love me you just have an odd way in showing it.”   “Well then Arvi girl I love you and here,-he pulled out a picture of me mummy and him when I was eleven we just got to America, - I thought you might like it you know to look at and I have a picture of that Utashiv boy you were so fond of,” Just then Niko walked in,    "Arvi darling, uh about that uh,-" he stopped, seeing my father there he tensed.     “Well hello Utashiv my boy! I suppose you don’t go by that name anymore huh?”     “No sir I go by Niko Phelps you know to keep up appearances.”   “Ah yes those damn appearances!”   “Um sir I don’t mean to be rude but what are you doing here? I thought Arvial’s location was confidential?”   “O well I have my ways and I sort of followed you invisibly of course. Heard every word to that was quite a kiss and argument hmm?”   “O god sir um well I didn't mean to break your daughter’s heart really but the promise of large game meant I could go longer without changing and I couldn't take her with me so I broke it off and then she found me and we got back together and then it didn't work out because I almost killed her, and then I got brutally wounded and found Mrs. Phelps she’s my mother of sorts now, she took me in and nursed me back to health she knew I wouldn't make it so she changed me, I’m a Halfa, sir I’m half shape shifter half Vampire.”   “Um wow uh I didn't need 600 years worth of a love story but you’re a Halfa!”   “Yes I know but then I went rogue for awhile and then I killed her daughter Phoebe I didn't want to I couldn't help she was so mouth watering. Then Danny was born,”   “Wait the King?”   “Yes he’s my brother of sorts, Cassie is my assignment I guard the royals like Arvial your a duke right?”   “Um well yes of course!”    “Good well that wouldn't make a difference anyway I was ordered and I love your daughter nothing could rip me away not even death.”   “O Niko!” I screamed at last. My father looked flabbergasted “Daddy are you quite alright?”   “Of course I am!”   “Would you like to stay for supper?”   “Um no I really must be getting back to your mother she really does miss you terribly my dear Arvi girl.”   “I’ll write and make Niko deliver it to her how’s that?”   “Of course it sounds splendid!”   “Good bye daddy.” as he poofed out of the room. That was interesting I thought. Niko pulled me to him and whispered    “Your father is the oddest man! Awfully forgiving to considering I took your innocence when you were 16.”   “Stop that! That was almost 545 years ago! Of course he forgave you! Besides you didn't take it I gave it to you.” I said with a sly smile motioning to the big bed.    “You read my mind.”     Chapter Ten:   45 minutes later -Dinning room   “Hello Jane, you must be Lillian! Your very pretty, how old are you?”   “Seven and three quarters! Mommy and Janie say I’m going to grow up and make the men drop dead!”   “Well they are physics you should listen to them.”   “Lilly this is Arvial she’ll be staying with us, she’s your godmother.”   “Hello again Jane we talked on the phone a little while ago,”   “O hello Mr. Phelps why exactly does Arvi need a Body guard in this godforsaken town?”   “Uh well you see I'm also her boyfriend so it goes hand in hand.”   “Oh I see.”   Lilly pulled on my shirt and asked me “What’s a boyfriend?”   “A boyfriend is a man who loves you very much and someday you’ll find a great one and you’ll marry them then they become your husband.”   “Oh well then my mommy’s husband died and now she has a boyfriend his name is Toddy.”   “Really your daddy was my best friend and it hurt so much to see him go. But I’m here now and I want you to call me Aunt Arvi, okay?”   “Okay Aunt Arvi.” she kissed me on the cheek and and skipped down the hallway. I touched my cheek with my fingertips and was confused at the feeling I had inside my stomach, it was emptiness not hunger but a motherly emptiness.   I must've stood there like that forever, because Niko had to carry me to the table. I looked up at him enough to say ‘what the hell are you doing?’ well he read my mind and said to me    “You zonked out after Lilly kissed your cheek you stood there with your fingers on your cheek forever so I decided to carry you to the dining room.”   “Oh well thank you, Is Violet home yet?”   “Yep she arrived a little while ago Jane came and got me.”   “That’s cool. Where does she work do you know?”   “Of course I know, she works for me and the rest of the vampires out there. She’s telepathic. ‘’     “O wow.” I was silent after that. And I thought to myself no wonder we’re staying here she had to let her boss stay in the house he gave her. I wasn't Lilly’s godmother or was I? I never got her father’s name I’ll have to see if it pops up at dinner.    “Hello Mr. Phelps it’s always a pleasure having you for dinner except… this time… you…. won’t be…. leaving.” the last part was spaced out as if she didn't like Niko. Sure Niko and I had our up and downs but that didn't mean I didn't like him actually I love him I've always loved him.    “Violet we've met at a couple cocktail parties and his funeral.”   “Yes I know why you won’t mention Dimitri’s name?”   “I won’t say it because it hurts too much, thank you.”   Dimitri was my best friend and he’s also a werewolf, he came to America with Niko and me. We were the American horror stories.  “So Violet how’s life treated you after Dimitri’s passing?”   “Oh the usual I guess minus the constant reminders of him.”     “We’ll talk more when Lilly Pad is in bed.” I smiled remembering the Old Nick name I gave when I learned her name. Lilly was so beautiful she had her fathers hair and eyes and also his nose and his gentle personality; he was kind and hated killing people, she the first born she was going to be a werewolf at thirteen I’m glad I’m here because I helped Dimitri through the process of changing once a month for four days. I looked at Niko and could tell he was seeing what I was thinking; We were all 13 it was a full moon I remembered and Dimitri’s eyes had glazed over and he was sweating, Niko changed into a large animal to keep him contained I had called on my dark forces to help him and protect him because even then I loved him but I was courting Dimitri then my best friend, It was a horrifying moment when he changed his neck twisted so you could see the muscles forming bigger and wider, his face grew longer and narrower his hair thickened and fanned a crossed his entire body which was shrinking into a wolf, this is where Little Red Riding Hood came from I always wore red and black at the time. I was called a witch many times. But Dimitri was suffering so I cried and learned of my natural disaster powers I was please at the time about them. It lasted four long days keeping him contained Niko was getting tired and so was I and our forces died down and he got away and killed Niko’s sister Phoebe, Niko didn't kill Phoebe Dimitri did Niko just took the blame to protect Dimitri. Niko is so sweet sometimes.       It was 1452 and Niko, Dimitri and I were waking to school and I     remembered my mother said it was going to be a full moon. I remember that it was after Phoebe died and it was winter. It was the day that Dimi first kissed me. I was so surprised that I couldn't say anything I think I giggled and ran off to tell Phoebe but remembered she wasn't alive any longer so I told Niko, big mistake on my part because I didn't know that Niko adored me and drew my portrait every night to get it perfect I still have the perfected one. The next day Dimitri had a black eye and a swollen lip Niko didn't look any better so I thought it must've happened when they were in their other forms I wondered why they didn't invite me, I always went with them.    All through school neither Niko nor Dimitri talked to me so I walked home myself our village was only one long road if that. I heard someone calling my name so I turned around. It was Niko and Dimi and they had my school bag I wondered how I had forgotten it. They finally caught up to me and I remembered it was Niko who apologized about not speaking to me all day, and confessed that they didn't invite me last night because they planned on fighting. I had to giggle but I remembered snorting to it made both boys laugh. We were the three supernatural musketeers loving each other until we died but that was forever we thought then and laughed even harder.   My birthday came that June and Niko carved a figurine out of wood it looked like one of my shadows I used to keep Dimi in line on full moons it was the big cat name Noche Diablo Spanish for Night Devil, I thought it suited him. Dimi gave me a heart of stone and had our initials and Niko’s engraved into it, it said; To the first musketeer Arvial you made our friendships soar with happiness and love Niko and I will always love you, Dimitri.   I cried after reading it I learned it was from both of them but Niko insisted that Dimitri give it to me and only put his name on it. Niko was so sweet but that sweetness turned sour later that night and I wouldn't ever forget this night, how could I? It was the night Niko revealed his true form; the form that kept Dimi in check and me in love with him, sure I loved Dimi but not the same Dimi was like a brother not a beau. I cried telling my parents that it was a trick but they already knew what he was so I didn't bother. But Dimitri he ran home his parents didn't know he’d been bitten back in Russia where he was originally from. So Niko and I ran away and never looked back I went to fairy and he went to western New York and now we’re back in Ugata Utah were it all started. God help me.     . (Danny's POV)

When I woke up a week after I talked to Arvi I wondered where she was I knew Cassie knew but I didn't know a thing about her location it was confidential and since I was a close friend I couldn't read her file. I hope Niko isn't making her uncomfortable, after all he is married; PERFECT I thought I could go and see Natalie myself! I’ll ask gran where she lives.    “Hello gran, can I ask you a question?”   “Ask away dear.”   “Alright do you know where Niko’s wife Natalie lives?”   “Sweetheart there is a Natalie in Fairy but she’s your brother’s ex-wife! Your brother isn't married, he told me not to tell you but I have to now, he told you that so he could see Arvial everyday for a couple of hours.”   “What! I thought they broke up like 64 years ago!”   “He lied about that to dear he didn't want to end it Arvial did he was heartbroken and went on a killing rampage, my son stopped him of course they were friends.”   “What do you mean friends?”   “My son was bitten in Russia in 1441 by a werewolf, Niko, Arvial and him were best friends and they called themselves the 3 horror musketeers I think.”   “Um wow where your village was?”   “Niko’s parents named it after his real name Utashiv, Utah dear Ugata Utah.” “Is that where he could of taken her?”   “It’s possible I guess. Well yes its exactly where they are but please don’t go its too dangerous you would see your sister-in-law and mother-in-law you see that crack head down on earth was a cover up Violet couldn't take care of both Cassandra and Lillian so she sent Cassandra to her sister’s house in western new York Niko was across the street for a reason to protect his friends daughter.”   “O god and all those years I thought he was evil! I’m a bad brother!”   “No your not dear you just thought what people wanted you to believe.”   “I don’t feel any better; about it though.”   “Of course not. They’re returning in month for a mortal check we have to make sure it worked.”   O god what if it didn't work? That would mean Arvial would have to go through it again! I can still hear those screams the blood coming from her back wasn't black like usual it was human red, I think I puked I knew I cried for her I knew it was what she wanted but it doesn't mean I couldn't cry for her.   Cassie! I needed Cassie right now. I knew she was in the History of Faery and Earth class right now that meant I was super late! Being king didn't excuse you from detention; I was surprised they knew what detention was. I hope I didn't say that out loud. I hated being the extremely new kid at school and court. I was originally a vampire the arch enemy of fairies that’s why Faery made the HFVA Half Fairy Vampire Assassins oh I forgot an S for Squad. I walked through the back door of the classroom and straight for Cassie when Ms. Utashight pronounced (U got shit) I got a crack out of saying her name and everyone what shit meant and now they laughed when they said her name. She really hated my immortal guts. Anyway she said “Daniel how nice to see your handsome face, please tell me why you are late?” Cassie looked flustered that she didn't notice I had sat down,    “Ms.Utashight I was late because I was talking with the former High Queen Rosandra about my bother and his so called wife Natalie.”   “My name is Natalie and I used to be married to your brother until he cheated on me with that wench Arvial!”   “Arvial is not a wench! As king I could have your teaching license invoked!”   “I-I You wouldn't!” then she looked at Cassie for reinsurance she didn't like what she saw “Very well I won’t talk about Arvialishivatatina again.”   “What? Is that her real name?”   “Um duh everyone knows that I was her teacher in 1452 Niko and I was having an affair on the side when she chose Dimitri instead of him.”   “She didn't choose Dimitri! She always loved Niko! They ran away together or did you forget?”   “Shut Up! Of course I remembered it broke my un-aging heart! I loved Utashiv!”   Chapter Eleven:   “Yeah of course you did!”   The rest of day went by uneventful. Everybody was talking about my verbal fight with Ms U got Shit. And now she doesn't have it she’s freak full of it. Ms Fullofshit was my next teacher of the day her actual name is Ms Fulashight. I think there from a country that no longer exists. I wasn't late this time. She actually likes me she was so much different then her sister I learned they were sisters going through their files. She teaches Global Math Skills through the Ages. Let me tell you math is so boring in the first place now we have to learn what it was like to do it before the wheel was invented! That class went by so slow and finally it was the end of day. I saw Cassie talking to Yolanda she was a 500 year old in a 16 year old's body from Spain.    “Hello Yolanda, Cassie my sweet,” I smooched her right there in front of Yolanda because I knew Yolanda thought she could still me away. She liked the danger of the vamp gene. Yolanda walked away a little while later after inviting us to her party next what they call Fridays here oh yeah Urahs next Urah. Its all weird up here everything is different even the air. And the color of the water not that I drink it but I wouldn't swim in it that’s for sure. It looked like the BLOB from the 1958 film puked everything it ate in the last 50 years into this pond thing it was disgusting it was even pink. Cassie and I walked in silence for a little while.    “Hey Cassie you know I love you and not Yolanda right” pronouncing Yolanda’s name like a high rapper in Hollywood. She giggled and said    “I know Danny but she’s so pretty and Im-” I cut her off,    “Your the most popular beautiful girl fairy in that school they call a school and I’m proud to be your husband.”     “Awww Danster I love you to! And I’m proud to be your wife and queen, you forgot king,” I couldn't help but smile the sun radiated of her skin making her shimmer like a crystal she was so beautiful and I felt bad because Arvial was pretty in the sun and Niko would always look at her with so much longing and I knew he made it a point to keep Arvi away from Dimitri for a good reason though I guess if you understood his logic; Dimitri already knew they were together and knew Niko got bit by a vampire and so he knew Arvial could look after herself so he didn't tell her Dimitri was in Ugata still and his daughter was a crossed the street.   “Danny? Are you alright? You almost passed the castle and that kind of hard unless you’re blind.”   “Oh well I was thinking how beautiful you were in the sun and then it shifted to Niko and Arvial and Dimitri, Niko never told Dimitri that Arvial was still with him and he didn't tell Arvial that Dimitri was still in Ugata.”   “How awful, did Dimitri love Arvial? I bet she loved Niko more to run away with him like she did especially for the time.”   “I guess so but I have to tell you something your father is Dimitri,”   “WHAT!” I guessed she already knew she was just acting surprised for me.   “No way! My dad can’t be a werewolf! He’s half human! He can’t live here!” she was faking that too.   “Dear yes he can he’s a special werewolf he’ 1/4 fairy.” I was playing along to make her feel better.   “Oh well who told you this?”   “Gran” I said matter of factly. And walked a crossed the moat bridge and into the castle “Cassie hurry up these guys can’t keep the portcullis open for long, love.”   “Alright I’m coming” she said.    “Keep it open for a few minutes more and I’ll help you.” I went over to the wheel and started to push Cassie was inside so I stopped and so did the trolls. “Thanks you guys Itsa uya goa.” they nodded in return and went of to rest.   “I didn't know you spoke trollish.”   “I’m full of surprises actually I learned it when Niko took me to see Arvial.”   “Oh how long did you stay?”   “Oh about a year.”   “Wow that’s a long time for a vampire to be in Faery.”   “Arvial had a special room built for us.”   “Oh that’s cool I guess.”   “I hear Niko and Arvi will be coming in about a week or month.”   “That’s cool just keep Niko away from Ms.Fulashight!”   She giggled and ran up the vast staircase and went to the room I followed her I was still faster but not by much anymore since my wings can’t retract like Cassie’s its painful to lay down at night Grams showed me how she used to do it and it worked a lot.   “Hey you beat me again Cassie dearest my lovely muse!”   “I guess I did Danny my King. You let me win again!”   “I did no such thing” swooping her up into my arms and then a kissed her and threw her unto the bed and we wrestled and kissed and then we went farther until well you can guess the rest.    Chapter Twelve:   “Cassie we have homework!”   “ Grr! I wish we could just lay here and have school behind us!”   “We could drop out,”   “Good idea and you could start painting again! and I could start designing the new room for the,”   “For what my queen?”   “For the baby!”   “What! Really?!”   “Yeah Fairies can tell it happened last week.”   “Oh my god I'm going to be a dad but I thought...”   “Well your fairy genes must have allowed you to you to pass on your manly ways.”   “When are fairies usually due?”   “In two or three months.”   “Like dogs?”   “Um well yes.”   “AND your part werewolf.”   “Thanks for reminding me dear I have to tell gran!” She shot up from the bed and threw a robe on and flew down the stairs to her grandmother’s study I followed with a change of clothes for her and I was already dressed.    “Cassie in case she has company,” I handed her the dress and guarded her to let her change into her dress.    “Thank you Danny.” as she handed the robe to an ongoing servant “Take this to my quarters please.” We walked to the study we heard voices inside    “Now Dimitri you know you can’t Lillian she thinks your dead!”   “So did Cassandra until she saw me two weeks ago! She fainted at the sight of me I don’t want that for Lillian please mother, ‘’   “Niko and Arvial are there right now.”     “What? Niko is in my house? Arvial is alive?” I heard Cassie chuckle.   “What’s so funny?” I whispered   “Nothing just that my father knows that Niko is in his house. He’s just upset about it because they had a spat a little while back.” She whispered back she went back to listening and looking through the crack.   “I thought she killed herself?”   “No she went mortal.”   “I have to see Violet and Lillian and Jane!”   “Who’s Jane?"   “Jane is the nanny she’s like a sister to me!”   “Fine you can go but you must take Cassie and Daniel with you.”   “Alright it’s only fair.”   (Cassendra's Point of View)   We walked in and saw the surprise on their faces.   “ Cassandra, Daniel! I suppose you heard everything.”   “Yes, Gran I, we have something to tell you, there's going to be an heir to the throne.”   “You’re pregnant! How duh When!”   “Last Week Grams.” I spoke finally.    ‘’O my god I’ll me a grandpa!" Dimitri said.      “Daddy are you alright?”   I took Danny and Cassie in my carriage to Ugata it was pulled by a Pegasus named Zeus. I haven’t been to earth in 16 years. After Cassandra was born and Violet conceived Lillian my mother took me to Faery she said it was safer. I asked her what was more safe than having a family who loved me and didn't care what I was after all my oldest daughter was married to a vampire and pregnant with his child. Cassie as she liked to be called was so beautiful she looked like her mother. Niko did a swell job raising her for me. He was so great with the children in the Ugata village back than when we only cared if the secret got out. Niko was also pretty stupid at times. He was jealous that Arvial was giving me attention but she always loved him more it didn't bother me anymore since I have Violet she knew where I was and wasn't worried I even told her to tell Lilly Pad that I was dead so she wouldn't wait for me to come home. I knew she did anyway at night she would sit at her window and look into the heavens and try to find my star. I didn't have one because I wasn’t dead yet but since I’m immortal I’ll never get one. We rode in silence Zeus changed into a mini van and we pulled into my mansion.   Cassie looked up in awe she grew up in a crack house I remembered my sister and brother-in-law didn't do well in my book so I had my dear brother in law killed and told Niko to stand in I should have had Violet’s sister killed and Arvi stand in her place. Violet waited on the porch and I smiled she was beautiful her purple eyes glowed knowing it was me and Cassie. She ran from the porch to the ‘van’ I stepped out and kissed her and threw around in the air in a circle. I was happy again. Cassie was the next to get out and she instantly knew she was looking at her actual mother, but I knew the truth. Her actual mother was having coffee with Cassie’s brother in law Niko. Their exchange was heart warming and brought tears to my eyes only because it was lie, again my life is built upon lies. Danny looked uncomfortable I would be too if he had to tell his ‘mother-in-law’ that her 16 year old fairy queen daughter was pregnant with a vampire fairy baby.    “WHAT! Cassandra your pregnant and your -your a Halfa! Oh my goodness it’s a miracle I didn't know if I was ever going to be a grandmother but really I don’t mind if you’re a Halfa I’m just glad you’re alive. Stupid crack heads!”   “Is Niko and Arvi inside?” I asked, I knew Violet wasn't my mother but I had to put on a show, because she sure seemed to believe I was her daughter.   “Yes their eating breakfast and Lillian is coloring.”   “Wonderful! I have my girls back!”   “Daddy come on I want to meet my sister and scare the crap out of Niko!”   “Cassie my muse don’t you think it would give him a heart starter?" he laughed at his joke.      “No.Thats impossible!”   We laughed and walked inside and into the kitchen. Niko looked up and dropped his glass of blood. Red went everywhere and Cassie and Danny looked pained. “Niko do you by chance have anymore?” Cassie asked   “Yeah in the fridge I told Lillian that it was special adult fruit punch.” Then I walked in, Arvial jumped up and ran into my arms.    “Dimi! I thought you were dead! I was so worried that I would never see you again!”   “I was at the execution on the stage next to Danny and Cassie.”   “Oh well I wasn't paying any attention I was in pain remember?”   “Well that’s right I was there for the whole thing I could handle it unlike some people because I go through it every month for four days.” Danny blushed slightly and sipped his drink.   “Anyway I missed you Dimi. I didn't know Cassie was your daughter too?” again this was an act at least I hoped it was. I looked at Cassie and by her expression she knew the secret, she knew who her real parents were. She was looking at her real mother.   Chapter Thirteen:   “Yes she’s my oldest in case you thought I had other secret children.” I played along for Violet’s sake.   “Arvi why don’t you tell them about the visit from your dear loving father?” Niko said amused, he even laughed his new refilled cup was at his mouth and the blood trickled down his chin and neck. Danny rolled his eyes but Arvial and Cassie were amused. Like there was no mistaking them for mother and daughter how Violet didn't see it I would never know.     “Oh yeah anyway it was the first day here and Niko and I were fighting and then we made up and got back together and then I was about to take a nap when I heard someone say    ‘That sure looks inviting.’ I thought it was Niko trying to be funny but then I turned around to say You should really go unpack and it was my father and I did a O crap face and then we started arguing and then I learned that my mama is sick and he wanted me to go home but I couldn't because I was a mortal now and understood and gave me a family portrait it was done a week after we got to America in 1451 and I was super touched. Then Niko came in and they started talking about what happened and he well he said he was bitten. Danny, Phoebe wasn't your mother’s daughter it was Utashiv’s mother’s baby girl she was my age when she was ripped apart. Sorry Dimi you couldn't control yourself then Niko forgave you and then he just poofed.” I tried my best to follow but she talks way to fast.    Another reason way I let Niko have her, she’s a great best friend, serious when need be but when she’s excited, well there’s no following her words the best you can do is nod your head. Somehow Danny followed and asked a question.   ‘“Poofed? Like he blew up or he poofed back to Faery?”   “He poofed back to Faery duh!”     “Oh well that’s good.” Lillian came in wanting lunch and then she saw me and then Cassie   “Daddy! Who are you?” she said pointing at Cassie. I bent down to her height and said that Cassie was her sister and she hugged Cassie and Cassie didn't know what to do she was never hugged as a child except with Niko and Danny. She finally hugged her back it was so touching I cried. “Daddy why are you crying? Can I take Lilly flying?”   “Uh as long as you hold on tight and take Danny with you I can’t fly I don’t have enough fairy in me.”   “Okay come on Danny, Lilly come on.”   I watched from out the window and saw Cassie’s wings unfold and they were absolutely beautiful they looked like mother’s. Danny’s were black and green and reptilian. Lillian was fascinated by them and touched each one carefully and took Danny’s and Cassie’s hands and they each jumped off the ground. Violet came up behind me and said we had some ‘catching up to do’ and took me to the bedroom.   2 hours later   Lillian was all smiles and was telling me all about the flight with her sister and brother-in-law I loved everyone at the table and Niko especially for taking care of Arvi and Cassie for me. I made a speech that made Niko blush and Arvi too I missed them we couldn't be the musketeers of horror without each other. I held the heart shaped stone I gave Arvi all those years ago when Niko told his secret and had to run fast so she couldn't take any of her gifts. Not only did I have the stone I had the wooden figure too. It was March 17th 2010 Arvial’s 573 birthday and she was still sixteen in a way. I pulled them out and Niko laughed remembering carving the little cat Noche Diablo. Arvial cried taking her presents from so long ago. to be exact 525 years ago when they ran and I stayed behind hoping they got away soon enough my parents were getting their pitchforks and torches they did it to protect me to make sure I didn't burn on the stake since I wasn't vampire I didn't care I did care that I hated them leaving together Arvial didn't need to go they left me friendless I was mad for a very long time and then it happened she came back to visit it was 2 days before my wedding and we made love… Arvial was Cassie’s mother! Well I knew that.   Then why did… oh god she had a baby too! I remember being the hospital it was a still born and she was never the same Arvial gave me Cassie said she wasn't fit to be a mother. AH CRAP! That’s why Violet didn't know. She thought Cassie was her actual daughter. I looked at Arvial and she looked at Cassie and she remembered that of course Cassandra was my daughter she was hers too. I hope to the god I know exists that Niko didn't know,Utashiv wouldn't mind but this Niko would- this Niko was a murderer he killed and he couldn't stop until I stopped him this time I might not have the strength to and then what? Call mommy? I don’t think so. Then I remembered Niko’s mind reading capabilities dam nit! Niko looked at in confusion wondering why I swore and thought I dropped ketchup on my pants. He nodded his head and went back to eating his ‘ketchup’ it was actually really thick human and animal blood. I longed to taste it but I couldn't not with Violet here and Lillian Cassie well she was used to it. There was a knock at the door I said    “I’ll get it.” that was when I met Toddy he claimed to be Violet’s boyfriend and Arvial and Niko came in… We’re Back world watch out!   (Cassie Point of View)

When I looked at Violet I didn't see any resemblance at all! I mean come on I looked more like Arvi then Violet and Lillian sure Lillian is my sister but really who is dad fooling? He had an affair with Arvial and is afraid to tell Niko I totally understand that, Niko can be well stubborn and he does like to kill people who are in his way like my aunt’s husband. Arvial and Niko left the room when dad went to get the door.    I heard whispers I cocked my head so I could hear better Lillian thought it was funny and copied me only she couldn't hear what I heard and I was super glad”  ‘Where do we put the damn body? I haven’t done this in centuries Niko!’    " ’Here’s what we do Dimi, we wrap it up go out the back door before the young vamps smell the blood and then we go back and enjoy dinner like nothing happened got that? Niko?"   “‘Yeah we do what Arvi said. Do you have anything to wrap it up in something Vi won’t miss too terribly? Or Jane for that matter."   “Yep it’s old like our time old no ones gonna miss it not even me.”   “Okay.”   I decided to get up then and looked at Danny and he followed me when we entered the dining room though they were gone and so was the blood or so we thought it was hidden under the carpet and a blanket of bleach and floor cleaners, there was no drag marks or splatters.trained killers, DUH Arvial’s an assassin of course she knows how to clean up! We followed the trail with our noses and found them 6 miles east in the woods a guy was in the tarp and well he was a handsome guy. I used my fairy telepathic skills to hear what his name was, Toddy but I went deeper, he was slightly alive, his real name is Nixol but then he did die so that’s all I know. so Violet isn’t very loyal either as mans best friend. I learned Toddy worked at a law firm in the next town over he was dating Violet for almost 6 years and now he’s dead.   We ran fast back to the er house it was bigger than any god damn house I’ve ever seen it was a mansion alright it’s only fair a queen should be rich, right? When we sat back down Dimitri (dad), Niko, and Arvial came in a few minutes’ later leaf and twig free, we ate in silence the rest of the night. Later when I heard Arvial and Niko come up the stairs I stopped them.    “Arvial could I talk to you….alone.” I said looking at Niko at ‘alone’ “Um sure sweet pea, what can I do for you?” I noticed a British accent with a hint of another country, maybe Greece?    Chapter Fourteen:   “I need you to be honest with me where you were 16 years ago when I was conceived?”   “I was here, with your father I came to talk just to talk to catch up. We hadn't spoken in almost 5 centuries so we started talking Violet was still at work and then it went to far and later I found that I was pregnant and called your father and told him, I told him that Violet’s baby was going to be a still and I told him to let her rise you since I was in boot camp to become an assassin at the time I thought it was right."   “Oh whoa I didn't know you gave me up for Violet, you’re a really caring assassin you know that can’t call you mom not within hearing distance of Violet even  though Niko will tell her first chance he gets.”   “I understand sweet pea and especially not Violet she’ll be heartbroken even though I raised you” she winked and got up and went to find Niko. I went to take a shower and found Danny in the bathroom in the shower so I decided to hop in with him I closed my eyes the entire time we were in my mother’s presence after all. The next morning I found a painting and it had Lillian daddy Arvial Niko and everyone else it was a family portrait, Danny. He started painting again. It reminded me of home and Danny’s mother she was so nice and didn't know if her sons were safe or if she was a grandma. I also missed my best friend Utalie she was an exchange student from Africa she was the nicest person in the world and was very into fashion and Justin Bieber. I missed her she was the one who introduced me to Danny in the first place.     I heard my phone ring in the middle of the night, the screen said Utalie was calling me, I looked at the time 2 in the morning, and she must have a different time zone then. I picked    up (U= Utalie C=Cassie)    U- what up I haven’t heard from you since your dad’s funeral. I miss you.   C-I miss you to Utalie I've been busy and my mom said it would be good for me to move to Utah for a couple of years with my aunt Violet.   U- Oh well I still miss you and I haven’t seen Danny around either is he with you or something? I heard that in Utah you guys can get married and stuff.   C-Well yes he is with me and we are married and there is another thing to…I’m pregnant!   U=Holy crap I mean congrats and like WHOA Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?   C- Seriously is that all you care about? I couldn't invite anyone from earth (she knew my super secret) and well as you know (she also knows Danny’s) Danny turned me into a Halfa and then I turned him into a half fairy like me. So that’s how he got me knocked up.   U- Oh how’s Niko?   C-(she has a major crush on Niko) Well he’s awesome he found his love and now there living happily ever after, I wish you were here though I miss you.   U-Where are you? I graduated earrly! Super smarts!   C-Um I’m in Ugata, Utah its one long road and I’m in a mansion!   U-YOUR RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   C- Um yea and theres a lot more I gotta tell ya gurl but I can’t until ya get here.   U-k. you said Ugata Utah? As in the famous town of werewolves and vampires Ugata?   C-That’s the one.   U-K see you in a couple weeks   C- K Love ya girl!   U-LOVE You too!   I hung up and saw we were on the phone for almost two hours it was 4 when I went back to bed. When I woke up it was a little after noon and I got up and went to the bathroom and then I took a shower and when I was getting ready to leave my room I heard something behind me, I slowly turned around to find Niko sitting on my bed.   “I thought we were over this Niko.” I whispered.   “Oh no dear I heard every word your father thought last night and I heard the conversation between you and Arvial last night to my sensitive ears you were screaming it!”   “Niko you guys were broken up for almost I don’t know a decade maybe two or three? Get over yourself!”   “Oh but Cassandra I don’t roll like that! Your father betrayed me I don’t blame Arvi she loved him as much as she loves me.”   “My father was going through some betrayal issues Niko! Since you ran off with his girlfriend and didn't bother to tell him if you guys were alive or not!”   “OH but only if he knew I was seeing his aunt! Oh Natalie was something! So after Arvial decided to make love to Dimitri I married her and then we divorced!”   “Your sick Niko and I thought you were nice! Taking care of me and all!”   “I only took care of you because Arvial asked me to! Although it was pretty fun having someone to protect, Danny didn't need it and after you started dating I thought you were safe so I went to find Dimitri and I did find him he was in fairy talking to who else Arvial!”   “Niko maybe you should talk to them ever since it happened you turned into well you!"   “You know maybe I will, thanks Cassie sometimes I forget your Dimi’s and not mine.”   “Thanks Nik-er Dad, that’s what I called you for as long as I could remember Niko.”   “Thanks Cass I love you in the fatherly way.”   “I love you to in a daughterly way!” He left with a smile on his face I smiled to myself and went to find Danny. He left yet another painting next to me this morning. It was of me and Niko I was a baby wearing a little Metallica t-shirt. I sighed and thought of how awfully old my husband was to know what I look like exactly as a baby. When I got to the bottom of the staircase I found Lillian playing with a kitty that looked like Arvial’s figurine of Noche  Diablo.   “Hey Lilly how are you doing today?” I said while stroking the cat along the back and up the tail.      Chapter Fifteen:   “Good I heard mommy and Niko fighting last night.”   “Niko and mommy? Are you sure it wasn't daddy?”   “I’m pretty sure it was Niko’s voice Cassie. Daddy was saying goodnight to the moon like he always does outside.”   “Oh really? Um what were they fighting about?”   “Something about Lilly isn't Dimitri’s daughter and you’re not mommy’s daughter that her’s was born dead or something.”   “O god! I have to find Ma-er Violet.”   “K see you later Cassie and Cassie you’ll always be my sister.”   “Thanks kid. Same to you.” I ran towards the kitchen and saw Violet washing the breakfast    plates and glasses.   “Hey Violet I heard about your spat with Niko last night are you alright?” I went to touch her and she flinched and said    “Don’t ever touch me bastard! I don’t care what Lillian is but your not my daughter no matter what Dimitri says he fooled me long enough besides I didn't raise you Niko did! And that whore Arvial!”   “Arvial didn't raise me only your damn sister and Niko, do you know that your sister gave less to me and Jake then she did Niko? She spent our grocery money on crack and alcohol for Jake, Jake is only 13 years old and he’s also a Halfa he’s a hybrid a vampire/human! So is Lillian whether you want to hear it or not!” I spat and stormed out of the room. I heard her call after me,    “NEVER SPEAK TO MY DAUGHTER LILLIAN EVER UNDERSTAND IF YOU SEE HER TURN THE OTHER WAY!” I wished the 3 Horror Musketeers would kill her or Toddy to come back as a Zombie and eat her damn guts out. I slept most of the day and stayed far away from Violet her name should be Violent and Uncontrollable.     I told Dimitri that Lillian wasn't his daughter and that she was Niko’s. He did it to get back at him all those years ago. I also told him about Natalie.He was livid and I mean volcano livid like when you see Donald Duck get angry and he turns red and stream comes out? That kind of Livid. I was scared for my other dad.   It was the morning Utalie was supposed to arrive and I woke up extra early to see her. Danny woke up to with me even though he hates her with a passion because she’s a white person from Africa and he thought it was wrong that white people came to Africa in the first place he thought we were invading their homeland. I heard a car horn honk at 7:30am and I rushed down the stairs hoping it wasn't the milk man yeah Ugata still has milk men. It wasn't of course it was the wrong day for the super cute milk man to arrive. It was Utalie and she looked like she was moving in I wondered what she thought of the house. Well she stopped short after entering the gates with the big ‘D’ and ‘V’ intertwined on them and just let her mouth hang open. I ran out to help her and she noticed me in time to not be knocked off her feet. She dropped her bags and met me half way ha-ha half and we hugged what seemed like hours which it was only minutes. I carried her bags in and showed her, her room. She gaped at that to. I told her this was my old room when I was a newborn before I was shipped out to my aunt’s house.    “Okay Uta we have breakfast in a couple minutes so freshen up and I’ll see you downstairs! Danny wants me to pose for a new painting!” She looked confused but then started unpacking. I ran into whom else but Niko coming back to my room. It was his day to make breakfast.    “Hey Niko what’s up?”    “Nothing much ladybug, just going to make breakfast what do you wants?”    “Oh um scrambled eggs with special ketchup! Thanks Diko! (Diko is a nickname I gave him its Dad and Niko blended in together!)”    “Alright I see that Utalie made it OK.”    “Yea she’s unpacking now! Danny wants me to pose again. He does this every month to document my pregnancy.”    “Good luck with that Ladybug. And look I know you found out about Toddy, don’t tell VI alright?”    “I don’t even talk to her anymore not since our little spat a couple weeks ago. Do you know she banned me from speaking to Lillian?”    “WHAT? Why?”   “Because I’m not her daughter and Lillian isn't Dimitri’s daughter.”    “Great now Dimitri’s going to freak at me!”  I was thinking the same thing but instead I said    “Calm down Niko, I mean seriously I’m sure he will take it with werewolf charm.”   “By that you mean rip my throat out and feed it to the bird’s charm. GREAT!” he walked away before I could answer. I ran to my room and started posing and finally Danny was done and we went to pick up Utalie from her room and we went to breakfast of course Niko and Arvial already knew Utalie so I introduced her to Violet and daddy and Lillian. Violet didn't look at me and looked disgusted because I was there talking. I hate her I tried not to look at Lillian but Dad said that Lilly was talking to me and I had to answer her   "Cassie can you and Danny take me flying again? I had so much fun and I wanted to take Utalie with us? ‘’  I looked at Violet to see what I should answer; she looked at Lilly then at me and nodded yes.   "Sure Lilly we’ll go after lunch."   “Yeah!” she looked happy and finished her eggs and rushed upstairs to wait for lunch me, I  giggled and went back to eating my special eggs and ketchup. Utalie was looking at them and was thinking what the ketchup could be I leaned over and told her it was Niko’s special recipe for ketchup tomato, human and animal blood and salt.     Chapter Sixteen:   It’s really good if you are a vampire and a fairy. I always looked at the window that faced the woods it was always an escape to me because it was mystery and it was so beautiful in the fall but now it loomed in the distance like a giant scar, it was a giant secret a murder but that’s what vamps and assassins do and werewolves of course. After breakfast I spent time catching up with Utalie. We talked about school and the boys she liked off and on. It was good to talk to her again, we even talked about the clothes I wore on fairy I brought some dresses and she fell in love with them and wanted to borrow one but I said no and then she asked who made them for me. That’s when I told her I have my own tailor and fashion designer which was my grandmother. We laughed a lot she told me everyone missed me and wanted me to visit but of course they didn't know why I left. I’m babbling again.   Finally Niko came by and told us it was lunch time. We found that Lillian and Danny were already eating/drinking whatever. Lillian was like speeding I was going to give her a ticket or something.    “Lilly slow down please we’re not going anywhere!”   “Yeah but Mama won’t let me do this again in awhile she kind of hates you." she said that when both Dad and Violet walked in, Niko turned and couldn't help but smile and looked kind of worried. Dimitri looked at him and laughed because he already knew I overheard him the night before talking to Violet he said it was only fair. I had to laugh at him it was funny.   After that Violet and I got along a little better and she let me see Lilly again and we could fly anytime we wanted. Danny and Dimitri looked pleased that we we’re getting along. I was having fun and I observed that Arvial and also my mom. I got a letter from my grandmother I was to return to fairy in a month. As I reading the letter I read it out loud accidently,     April Seventeenth Dear Queen Cassandra Alexandra Jones Phelps,  You are needed back in Fairy in exactly one mortal month. The reason for this is inside you, you should be getting bigger and eating more unusual foods. If this letter is late, Arvial can deliver the baby. I love you. I will see you soon~ Grandmother Rosandra”   I looked up and everyone was staring at my stomach which I hid under a hoodie. “What the hell are you looking at?”   “Dear your pregnant you need to go to Fairy now as soon as the baby’s born you can return.” Violet said to me.      “Uh listen to Violet dear she knows what’s she’s talking about.” Dad said.    “I totally forgot you were due in three weeks we've been here for three weeks Cassie! The letters late!”   “O god!” just then I felt really weird like jittery weird.   I felt really wet between my legs I looked at Danny, Dad, Arvial, and Violet to help me then they didn't get the message I screamed,    “MY DAMN WATER BROKE RETARDS!” I didn't like the choice of words but I didn't really care they got the message. Dad and Danny carried me up the stairs and Arvial call grams, and explained we just got the message. Utalie stayed in the corner scared, she’s never seen my supernatural family up close except Niko and Danny even then they didn't have their fangs out or anything.    Arvial got ready to deliver the baby and told everyone to leave except Danny so he could hold my hand since he was the only one strong enough. It seemed short to me but I passed out after she cut my stomach open. I woke up three hours later. I heard Gran downstairs Danny was in the corner holding a pink bundle, the baby I haven’t even thought of a name yet. Finally it came to me it was a part of Arvial’s real name Shiva Landra Phelps. I told Danny this and he loved it. I called everyone to the room and announced her name Arvial loved it and so did Niko and Daddy, Violet said she liked it but she said she would call her Iva for her nickname. I think she wanted me to name her after a flower like her. What was I going to name her? Dandelion? Wait that’s a weed okay Tulip? I mean seriously. I was tired again so I fell asleep and I felt Danny’s lips on my forehead before he left the room.   I woke up early the next day. I instantly went to the window to see the woods, of course they haven’t changed but I wanted to say hi to Toddy er I mean Nixol. I still haven’t gotten his last name, what the funny thing is though is that my ex boyfriend’s name was Nixol Brown. Oh my god. Nixol! he didn't deserve to die. You know he could also be Lillian’s dad since Niko actually couldn't really have kids. And neither Violet nor Niko have blonde hair, Nixol does. Jesus Christ! Nixol is Lillian’s father. Violet must've conceived Lillian a couple years after Dad left for Fairy and I went to Western New York. I decided to take a shower I had blood and sweat all over me.   There was a knock on the door and I opened it, I was in my robe and Niko was standing there holding a plate of food I took it and said thank you. I took Shiva from Danny and fed her and rocked her I was tired after that I told Danny to put her back in her crib. Danny did so and I fell asleep, Danny decided to crawl in the bed with me and we slept until noon the next morning.   I woke up to find gran standing over me and Danny. The way Danny and I were cuddling I was embarrassed to have her there. Then I was mad she was in my room this early, hey I’m 17 I sleep til whenever and stay up all night.    “What are you doing in here?”    “I came to get Shiva for her afternoon feeding and saw you were still sleeping.”    “What time is it?”    “Past 2 in the afternoon I understand childbirth at home is painful but you have vampire healing powers now so get up and take care of your CHILD!” with that she left the room.    “Danny baby get up.”    ‘’I don’t wanna Cassie. 5 more minutes"    “I don’t think so Vamp Daddy.” I smiled and got up.    “I’m up my muse where Shiva is?”    “My grandmother took her downstairs a few minutes ago c’mon let’s go.” I shoved him out  the door running into Utalie and Lillian. Of course the impact made Danny back into the incision on my stomach. I winced then I was back and jumped over the two story railing and landed next to Niko on the couch he jumped like two feet and came back down glaring at me. Arvial was laughing so hard it looked as if she was going to pee herself. Danny came in with Shiva (Shy-VA) and I instantly light up, I opened my arms and my baby was there she was so beautiful, she had my blue eyes and Danny’s brown hair she had Arvi’s nose though it was adorable on both of them. My moment was shattered when gran came in and took her from me.    “What the hell GRAN I was holding my baby!”    Chapter Seventeen:   “I’m taking her to fairy where she belongs! You should come too I don’t see why either Dimitri or you can stand it here! Let’s go NOW!”    “HOLD it I’m queen you stepped down your just my adviser! Give me my baby now!”    “Well I never! Fine here’s the child I’ll be in Fairy.” with that she like poofed she was just gone, I took Shiva back to my room and held her while I cried I was ashamed that I talked to my grandmother that way, I know I’m queen but I shouldn't have said that her face was so full of pain I couldn't look at it. I heard the door open and I hurried to wipe the tears from my eyes.    “Hello?”      “Hello muse how are you doing?” Danny I thought I was lucky to have him with me.    “I’m okay but I feel awful for saying that.”    “Its only natural you’ve never used your queenly rights before. I know she’s your grandmother and all but she’s a bitch sometimes.” I laughed and said.    “I know but she’s doing what she thinks is best for the baby,” looking at the baby for a second and continued " I think we should go the fairy for a month and then we can come back and live here if we want to."    “Okay do you want to tell them or should I??”    “I will, I kind of Miss Yolanda weird huh? I mean she did threaten me on the first day and we missed her party it was last Urah, just talking about faery make you speak its language!” We laughed and went downstairs we decided to tell them after dinner at dessert time. Lillian was playing with Shiva on the floor I remember in Breaking Dawn Bella and Edward’s baby grew really fast and was speaking in about a month, Shiva was already the size of a van tire and she’s only 2 days old. Like Bella or any mother I was scared she would grow up to fast but Danny grew this fast. So did I actually when I was four I was 3’11 when everyone else was still 2’ I was always taller than everyone. I was labeled freak because of my supernatural height. I wanted to sleep and everything but I couldn’t and I helped set the table and then I made dinner with Niko he was concerned with my thoughts I was thinking about Fairy again.      “My dear its okay you can go back. Take as long as you need and come back.”    “Niko sometimes I thank god that you can read minds, and theres others when I actually hate it! Like when I was growing up and I failed a test you always found out even if I burned it or forged your signature not in that order. You’re like my dad, you always just know.”    “What a touching moment Cassie,” I turned it was Utalie “Too bad you won’t be returning to Fairy, Yo toddy get in here.”    “Toddy’s dead Utalie!” I whispered for everyone’s benefit she looked at me and said    “What do you mean? He’s right here! Your father and pals killed our precious quarter back Nixol Brown, your ex-boyfriend I have no idea what he saw in you really or what  Danny see’s in you.”    “Shut up Utalie,” Niko and Danny said I let my fangs show waiting for the fight I was freshly healed and was ready for anything. Danny came closer and I saw he had Nixol’s head in his hand; he threw it at Utalie she screamed so loud I laughed.     When she was done yelling and screaming the whole damn house was there to see what was going on. The house was on my side of course because she was an outsider. We attacked just like that she was dead. I found out why Daniel and Niko didn't like her she was a Shadoe she stole the souls of fairies and other supernatural’s. I thought she was my friend a sister even! I should’ve listened to Danny and Niko when I had the chance, now she’s dead.   I cried in shock and sadness after all she was my only true friend. Even Arvial who was in disguise didn't know what Uta knew I loved her so much and now I had killed her. I felt absolutely horrible I held Shiva for a long time I wouldn't let Danny touch her. Danny felt horrible too I've been through so much death lately.   I called Rosandra and said I was coming home with Shiva and Danny. I packed and repacked I loved this house I wished I could bring everyone with me actually Dimitri had to come. I agreed to turn Violet for him I couldn't do that for Lillian she was too young she must do what I did. I sent her to stay with my cousin in Rochester I could trust her with my life and she could protect Lillian for as long as I needed her to.  Violet are you ready to do this I thought to myself but I knew she could hear me, she was a telepath.    “Of course I am, I want to be with Dimitri, and I want Lillian safe. Are you sure your cousin can do this?”   “She has two kids a boy named Christopher he’s 15 and a girl Angela she’s 6 in a half Im sure she’s capable.”   “Well alright.” Violet lay down on her bed and waited until I was ready. Niko had to turn her into a vampire first than I had to use my powers to turn 1/2 of her immortal self fairy like I had done with Danny. The whole process takes four complete hours. Niko came out and told me his part was done and he went downstairs. I waited the two hours out next to her I had Shiva with me when the two hours were up I drew her blood and mixed it with mine then I infused it back into her body and said a couple of magical words actually its a phrase my grandma taught me- Yoasti Consti I think she made it up though but it works. I waited those two hours posing for Danny he got inspiration last night when I was singing Shiva goodnight. I didn't mind though as long I was there when Violet woke up. Danny said it was about time when she should be getting up. I hurried down the hall and up to the attic where Violet was. She was just waking up and she looked around at her surroundings it wasn't like Danny he had almost 2oo years to get used to being a vampire but she only had like 2 hours and then she passed out and then she was transformed into a fairy vamp. She was a little out of it.    “Hey Violet I have some blood for you, fairy’s and vampires have to have blood in their system to survive. Now after you drink this you can have this clam chowder.”   “Okay, I don’t know if I should be disgusted or pleased that I enjoy blood so much,”   Chapter Eighteen:   “You should be both I guess, I think I should go tell dad you’re up…..”   “Alright shouldn’t I get up though?”   “Well…I guess you can but take it easy VI.”     “Okay. Thank you for everything I know it took a lot out of you to this for me.”   “You’re welcome Violet.” We went downstairs together and Dimitri was the first to notice Violet was awake and ready to say goodbye to Lillian. They left us alone with her. Lillian didn’t know what was going all she knew was that she going to stay with cousins for awhile she wasn’t sad or anything she understood.    “Lillian your mother is going to play with you for a little while before we take off, okay?”    “Okay Cassie Thanks for dropping me off in Rochester before you go to fairy.”   “No problem.”   I walked into the room two hours later they were playing with Lillian’s dollhouse. I felt horrible for telling them it was time to go. Lillian got up and went to me and said    “If we’re flying what happens to the luggage?”    “Magic it poofs where-ever you want them to go. Your luggage is already in Rochester my cousin is unpacking as we speak.”    “Cassie thank you so much for doing this, I know I haven’t been the nicest to you.”    “It okay Violet let’s go.” We left Violet had to get used to her wings so that took a little while and she didn’t trust herself so she had Lilly fly with me. We who have wings uncurled them and took whoever we taking; Danny took Niko, Violet took Dimitri and I took Lillian Arvial tagged along. As we were leaving I glanced at the house once more and flew away Lillian holding onto my wrists the rest of her was dangling I was strong so I held her by her shoulders we made it to Rochester in 20minutes. Lillian was finally showing signs of sadness. Violet landed like a mile down the road I have no idea what she was doing. She walked the rest of the way. When she got there she took Lillian by the hand and went to the door and knocked because one I was already on the porch and two it was my cousin.  She answered immediately    “Cassie please comes in.”   “Thanks Tanya. C’mon VI, Lilly.”   We went to the living room and Chris and her little girl were playing monopoly on their really old XBOX like the first one that ever came out not the 360. They looked up and yelled    “CASSIE! DANNY” and they ran and hugged us, Chris was almost taller than me and the little girl was to my thigh. We talked a little then we said goodbye to Lilly and the rest of the family and left. I begged Danny to stop at our hometown and we did I said hi and bye to Jake and Crack head and Danny’s mom and we were on our way.   The shimmer when you break through the dimensions is so beautiful and I heard everyone gasp except for well the ones who didn’t come by carriage or poof power which was basically everyone except me and Danny. Violet was really in awe she saw a lot of colors because I saw them too, purples, blues, pinks, oranges, and reds it was beautiful we landed in Arvial’s meadow, she offered to become a fairy again for Niko but he insisted she shouldn’t and that he would move back to New York with her because we dropped her off there. Niko as soon as we landed made sure Violet was okay and a goodbye to Dimitri and Danny and poofed out.    I took Danny’s hand and went to the castle Rosandra made a quick poof and got Shiva for me before we left and I wanted to see her a lot, I told Dimitri and Violet they could stay in the castle with everyone else but I was thinking maybe I would kick Rosandra into the Troll house. Herbert the head Troll had a major crush on her and for being a Troll he was good looking he looked more fairy than trollish. When we entered the castle Herbert greeted us, ‘uye GABA’ I looked to Danny; ‘good to see you again your majesties’ he translated   “Good to see you to Herbert,” ‘uye gabe Herboe’ he translated for me ‘ite’ ‘goodbye queen’   I walked into the castle and nothing had changed except I heard a baby crying upstairs, I ran up the stairs to her room Frank the decorator did exactly what I wanted him to it was beautiful a little piece of Ugata, He did the same to my room to it was a replica of the one in the mansion we stayed in.   When Danny walked in he almost fainted everything that was in the room was transferred by POOF EXPRESS my grandpa made the company three thousand years ago its the strongest growing company in Fairy. It makes three million a year. I am a rich queen.   Chapter Nineteen:   “Cassie please let me paint you! You look so beautiful right there next to the window overlooking the Unicorn Forest!”   “Fine, I guess but I need to get Shiva she woke up a few minutes ago.”   “Okay, but stand in that spot with Shiva and I can paint you both!”   “I’m glad you like the room Danny (giggle)” I walked across the closet and enter Shiva’s fantasy room, I know silly right? But here the fantasies are on earth the cities and knights those will always be fantasy no matter the world. All the places I visited were on her walls she’ll never know their real because I’m never going back. Too much death there if mother wants to see me she’ll come here same with Diko,   “Hi baby girl! Did you miss mommy?” I said in baby tones I got little smiles and giggles and she tried grabbing my necklace I told her no no and picked her up,    “Shiva your name is so special you know its part of your grandmother Arvial’s full name but it’s to long to pronounce correctly. I came from these places on your walls but you’ll never see them their nightmares truly people up here think its wonderful but its full of death and pain and suffering here you never die and are never in pain and there’s no suffering to your physical or internal self only emotionally. Let’s go; Daddy wants to paint a pretty picture of us.” I walked into the only beautiful thing from earth and put a smile on my face and stood in the front of the window and looked out to the Forest enchanted with Unicorns good and bad the good are black and the bad white. I stood there for hours with Shiva in my arms finally Danny said,    “Done this is beautiful. Shiva completes it you know our baby, I never thought I would ever have a child you know, thank you Cassie.”   “You’re welcome Danny.” I got choked up with tears and we went downstairs to dinner. To my surprise Niko and Arvial were there; to my disappointment Niko lost the fight Arival had wings and she made Niko a halfa so they could live here with us we couldn’t make her cry or mad or sad, or too happy. Reading my mind they both said “We decided not to give that power back to me, her.”   “Oh well that’s good no more death for a while by natural disasters.”     "Yep just freak accidents and old age that would be my mom and dad’s job. You know the Greek Legend the Fates? Well that’s my family I’m older than you guys think, I’m over two thousand years old.   I woke up from a dream about the meadow we landed in last night; it was so beautiful on one side and blackened with fire and ash on the other. I knew what it symbolized but I was afraid to say it out loud, Evil was winning the battle between Good and Evil, Black v. White, Light v, Darkness. Whatever you call it Evil was winning. I didn’t like it.    “Danny, you know the meadow we landed in yesterday? What’s it called?”    “Huh? Oh the meadow is called Arvial’s Meadow, her parents named it after her after they found it; it’s the constant battle between Light and Darkness.”   “Really? Because yesterday it looked like Darkness was winning! Is Arvial supposed to fight on a side?”    “Yes light but without her powers for destruction she’s no use to Light or Darkness she’s a neutral force now.”    “Will it affect us if Darkness wins?”    “No considering that we control this dimension, whatever Darkness wants has to go through us anyway so not really maybe the everyday citizen.”   “We can’t let it win then we have to help Light win!”    “Cassie theres nothing we can do! The only one who is  strong enough to fight is Arvial and she got rid of her most important power, what she doesn’t get is that when she’s in the meadow she can control who lives and who dies.”   “We have to get her to the meadow and give her that power!” I know how naive I sounded but I didn’t want the rise of darkness to be my fault or Arvial’s people hated her as it was. Before he could answer I went to find Arvial and tell her what she could do in the meadow surely she would listen to me I’m her daughter. I entered the enormous kitchen to find Arvial crying and nothing was happening well not here maybe,    “Mom, what’s wrong? Arvial?”    “Oh honey I’m just crying because of a dream I had last night. You know the meadow we landed in last night?”    “Yeah I had a dream about it last night, something about the constant battle between good and evil, does this have anything to do with your dream?”    “Yes exactly huh usually I’m the only who had that dream maybe it’s because your my daughter.” I thought about what she said for a little while before I answered,    " Maybe but Danny and I were talking and we want to give you your powers for destruction back you know just for the meadow battles and then take them away when your with Niko, and the rest of us."    I could feel her mind whirling as she thought I mean the look on her face, deep concentration.  “Alright I’ll do it, I went through the pain before and I’ll do it again,"   “Oh no, theres no pain involved we keep your powers in a gas form almost like air and we inject it into your stomach where the power cells are and uningect later.”   “Oh,” So the decision was made, her fist battle would be tonight when the battle was at its peak.  I went back to my room to get Shiva and Danny, well Danny to tell him the news and then I would get dressed. While I walking and thinking I bumped into Violet,    “Oh hey Cassie.”   “Hey VI, how do you like the new mansion?”   “I love it thanks for letting us stay!”   “Its the least I could do Violet, Dad loves you so much and I know how much it killed him to leave you the first time and he’s happy well of what I’ve seen of him anyway.”   “He’s in the shower now and then he’s going for a walk weird order huh but hey, tonight’s the full moon.”     Chapter Twenty:   “Oh that’s right! Well Arvial’s going to get her destructo powers back for certain periods of time.”   “Oh well it doesn't concern me to much I guess.” she walked away I don’t think her and Arvial are the best of friends. I continued on my way and I ran into Niko, did everyone have to choose this floor? I put on my best 'Hi I really don't want to talk to you, but it looks like you want to talk so, let's talk.' smile   “Hey Diks what’s up?”   “Nothing really it sucks being confined here though I miss my mother.”   “Oh that’s sweet.” I waited for his answer, glancing down the hall.   “Yeah where are you heading?” Yes he got my queue.    “My room, but it seems I’m bumping into everyone today.” I said trying to stay as polite as possible without sounding like a preppy snob.   “Oh well good bye, being a Halfa now means I need regular food.” the way he said regular food made me want to laugh, but I also knew it had been centuries since Niko had to eat a scrambled egg. I suppressed a laugh and said instead of bursting out in laughter,   “Sorry dude!” I ran off towards my room, to blissful quiet. I heard behind me Niko saying  I turned for half a second,   “Its okay, bye!” I watched him jog down the hallway and I ran to my room before I could bump into anyone else. I entered my room and found Danny starring out the window at the forest and meadow. He looked awfully worried about something or other, and so I crept as quietly as I could, I didn't want to talk I just wanted sleep. But of course I myself I had gotten worried about him, Danny was starring out the window at the meadow and Unicorn Forest, he never just stops his human motions, he liked feeling human, something was wrong.   “Danny, Arvial agreed and what’s the matter?”  I said gently I didn't want to startle him too much. It took him a while before answering, it was like he was un melting, or cracking out of a  statue.   “Hmm? Oh that’s great, I was thinking about what would the dimension be like if Evil won? Earth? I didn’t like what my inner self told me.”    “Really my king what did it tell you exactly?” I said sliding my arms through his arms around his waist. He held my hands to his mouth and kissed and said to me “It said that if  Darkness won we would all be forced into slavery and the governments will be corrupt and unjust, women and children will be tortured and kidnapped at prices so high it would put  Bill Gates to shame.”    “Sounds horrible! Isn't Bill Gates the richest man in the world? I mean he’s Windows and Microsoft!”    “Yes but that doesn't mean anything,”    “Right so what’s going to happen if light wins?”    “Cassie everything will stay the same! Everyone will be happy and enjoy the rest of their mortal and immortal lives!”  I have never seen or heard him so happy about something like this, we had to win.   “Cool I’m so on Light side! Even though I kind of have to be.” I put my head on his shoulder blade and sighed and inhaled his scent, it always calmed me down when I was stressed. He turned around and held me his arms and whispered in my ear    “Don’t worry love, I love you and Arvial will take care of it I promise!”    I smiled and hugged him until I heard Shiva wake up and begin to cry. I went to her with Danny in tow,    “Hello my baby girl! Did you like your nap?” I cooed to Shiva. She looked up at me with love and opened her arms for me to pick her up. I looked at Danny as I did and we decided to head downstairs for dinner, Niko was cooking again he hardly let the trolls do their work anymore. I had to talk to him about that, that and I miss the trolls cooking. Believe it or not their really good cooks. I was instantly bombarded by my grandmother about my decision about giving Arvial her powers back (she still didn't know that my father cheated on Violet and Arvial is my actual mother) I simply smiled and walked on. I thought to myself it’s not my secret to tell her, it’s between Violet, my father, Arvial, and of course the witch herself. Don’t get me wrong I love my grandmother but she can be a bitch sometimes. In the kitchen it wasn't Niko cooking it was. It was Yolanda, I instantly thought, how the hell did she get in my house? I don’t even like this girl! She tries to steal my husband from me every chance she gets.      “Danny how the hell did that get in here?" I said pointing at her. He shrugs and talks to a passing by troll who mans the gate and portcullis. “Itse voe na youes?” He said pointing Yolanda for my sake. He later told me it meant exactly what I asked him. The troll answered him " Ni codea yu ta hurl." which meant “I didn’t let that girl in if that’s what your asking sir.” I rolled my eyes went to her and before I do Niko shows up, grabs her and throws her out the window, which was open. It clicked she slipped through the window while Niko went to get ingredients for whatever he was making, so it looked like she was cooking. I was fuming I told Niko that I want her in jail for breaking and entering. He agreed and called the Hellhounds, each paired with a giant troll I said the only word I knew in troll that translated into Hellhound go      “Voen! Voen! Voen! Uty goe nitch” Which basically meant ‘go go go get that bitch!’   Chapter Twenty One:         They were off like the speed of light I was pleased so I went to walk through the Unicorn Forest with Danny   I trusted that my daughter would keep me safe through the injection process. It was scary though knowing I would be getting my most dangerous weapon back. Danny and Cassie both said there would be almost no pain. Key word almost. But the world needed me and I needed the world. I had to let the warrior in me raise her head and fight the demons that threatened mankind and the fae. I totally understood why darkness wanted to win; it was tired of being taking for granted, and tired of little wimps calling on its forces then just not paying back what they promised it happens all the time stupid mortals. OK so my love of my life Niko aka Utashiv is going along with the plan and well he wants to fight with me. But he is so not strong no matter what he thinks. Cassie has powers she could only imagine if she was dreaming in some other person’s body like Leonardo Da Vinci. She can teleport through dimensions, kill something with a scream, send shock waves knocking enemies centuries. Cause madness and well you get it she has immense powers.     Except I don’t know how to tell her. Sure I’m her mother but I haven’t been her mother. She’s grown in such horrible conditions I’m surprised she hasn't discovered her powers. I feel so guilty. I can’t even imagine what she went through in that crack house. Having Niko raise you, and a crack head of a ‘mother’ an alcoholic ‘brother’ whose thirteen and above all not being accepted by her grandmother, it’s really horrible and being a 17 old High Queen of the Fairy Council and being a Halfa. I hear my Cassie and Niko call for me….its time. I look at my armor and sigh, here I go.    The injection Cassie explained would go through my bellybutton and then transfer to different parts of my body until it reached my power core. Or my heart and soul. I sat in the chair she described and waited.    I waited in the chair for almost two hours before Niko and Cassie came back. The needle had to be at least 12 inches long and sharp very sharp. Niko help my hand and rolled up my shirt. Cassie being as gentle as possible for a minute maneuvered the needle into my belly and then pushed really hard and I cried me the Fairy of Death and Destruction Arvial Yoko Assassin of the 7 generation crying! I didn’t even cry when my wings were torn out of my back and my immortality stripped from my soul. And that f***ing hurt! I cried until she said it had been over for at least a half hour. All she frigging said was “its time” I know its friggin time and I just wanna sit her and wallow, but no I got to fight this fight with good and then I can go this damn thing again so I don’t hurt anyone… wait I was crying with the power inside me   “Cassie nothing happened! I didn’t hurt anyone!”   “No you didn’t silly. You don’t have to go through this again.” I was never happier then that moment. I went back to my armory and got my armor on, time to kick some Demon butt!     I walked down the stairs with my spear in hand and stepped into the sunshine. I telaported myself to the meadow and I talked to General Light; he’s a beautiful black unicorn. Everything is reverse here, black is good and white is bad. I was a little nervous to be on his back again because I've been away for so long and he probably thought I switched sides but I didn’t I was a mortal because I was afraid of learning to control my deadliest weapon I was a coward I couldn't even take care of my baby. Now my baby is a high queen and is in charge of my power. Unlike me she’s brave, she’s not afraid of war. She wants to protect her people and if that means killing her mother, she does care but her people come first.      My   Cassie is a true queen. Cassandra wasn't supposed to be my baby’s name it was supposed to be Latitiana Alexandrana Jones. I like that better then Queen Cassandra Alexandra Jones. Now I’m babbling. Like I said before time to kick Darkness’ butt! The battle didn’t start until sundown that’s when the Prince of Darkness is at his strongest. But I’m stronger being a spawn of Darkness and all, and the oldest here almost. The Prince is only a century old and I’m two millennia. I heard his battle cry and I my own. The battle has commenced. Blood was everywhere so was fire but Light was gaining back control of the meadow with me on their side, the Prince will soon perish. Without the Prince Darkness loses its power and will to fight. Now that I can control my powers I aimed them at Prince Drako he lost his balance on Alamstan his unicorn. Glanston my unicorn roared with victory, we weren't finished yet. I am the Princess of Light I will kill my enemy. No matter what Glanston says I’m in charge I’m the royalty I’m the warrior I’m the strongest! I called on the worst possible thing that darkness feared, light, and well fire is natural and well it does symbolize light. The prince didn’t see it coming he burst into flames his perfect face melting and pulling away from his perfect bone structure. I used to love him I did; he was my husband long ago. But he killed my first child my Jonara my first daughter he killed her, I despised him ever since so instead of crying….I laughed I simply laughed bells of laughter erupted from my side of the meadow as the Prince of Darkness my Drako died and turned to dust.      My Shadoe was dead. I loved him still but my love for Niko was stronger. My love for my daughters was stronger. I loved my son-in-law, I loved Dimitri, Lillian, and even Violet the difference between light and Darkness is….Light can love and feel all emotions, Darkness can only feel hatred and lust. Power wasn't an emotion. I could never Drako again I loved him once and I died because of it inside I was just a washed up soul with no purpose. So I swore at Jonara’s funeral I would kill him on her 2,000th death anniversary and I did. I walked off the battle proud of myself. While I walking Jonara’s spirit was with me saying she loved me and wanted to come home to me. She wanted to meet Cassie and Danny. I knew I could bring her back. I had to give birth yet again and Niko could now father a child I know what I must do. I love Cassie but she is not enough I need Jonara. But Jonara wanted to be inside Cassie’s child Shiva Landra Phelps what a fairy name. So many dras. I told her that she couldn't but then she told me what she did.     Chapter Twenty Two:   “Mother or should I say grandmother, I’m already Shiva I've been circling Cassie for a while. I can finally be with you again. I have an adoring father not one that would kill me I can enjoy life, my short one will never compete. I’m a princess my mother is a High Queen and my father a High King. I love it here I hated the mountains in Greece. Mother I love you.”    “No! You’re supposed to be mine! MINE! You’re supposed to be MY daughter not my DAUGHTER’S daughter!”    “You had your chance mother dear!” with that she disappeared   I was dreaming I had to be dreaming, I was in my castle in Greece. Drako wasn't beside me; the only night he wasn't beside me was Jonara’s death. O god I thought maybe I can fix this instead of just sitting there waiting for him to come back. I jumped out of bed and ran to my daughter’s room. Jonara was asleep and Drako was standing over her. I had to stop him I screamed    “DRAKO PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM JONARA!” He looked at me, really looked at me this wasn't a dream Jonara was giving me a chance to save her.    “Arvialshivalistatina what are you talking about?”    “Your going to loose your temper and kill her please come with me and don’t ask questions.”    “Alright dear I’ll go back to bed, Say goodnight to her then I’ll be waiting for you in the bedroom.”    “OK, I love you Drako and always will. - I walked into the room and continued    “Goodnight my daughter I love you.” When I was leaving I heard something at the window I went and saw a black figure and threw a ball of light at it and saved my daughter I slept in her room until I woke up next to Niko. Drako was dead no matter what I changed in the past I heard Cassie and Jonara fighting. Jonara! It worked it actually worked! And Cassie still had Shiva and I had both my daughters. I got up and shook Niko awake,    “You have to make breakfast silly and check the search and kill team to see if they got that Yolanda.”    “I’m going.” I could see he knew about Drako the Prince of Darkness because I was sleep talking again this time I said ‘Drako I will always love you’ I felt so embarrassed to man.    “Niko I was young then and well he killed Jonara and then last night I saved her so now she’s alive! I killed Drako yesterday. I vowed that I would kill him on her death anniversary and that was yesterday I love you Niko Phelps your mine and no one else’s.”    “Good because I love you too and just so you know I am Drako reincarnated so technically yesterday you killed my look alike so unless you want to kill me next year I would forgive me.”    “I-I could never kill you my Prince.” I kissed and went to see what Jonara and Cassie were fighting over.    “Mom can you please tell Cassandra to stop making googly eyes at Danny all day its sickening their married!”    “We’re in love and that’s what you do when you’re in love!”    “Girls please, Jonara they may be married but they are only 17 they’re still young lovers, so please relax your over 1,765 years old dear you’re over making googly eyes at Vriko but he isn't.” Vriko is Jonara’s husband; they were married two days after I saved her life. I never asked how Vriko got his scar over his right eye but I couldn't care less their marriage was arranged and Cassie’s wasn't she chose her king. Jonara’s just upset because technically she’s queen of Greece’s Faery and I won’t let her go back “Jonara you can go back to Greece if you wish, I know your miserable here.” I fought back the tears that fought to escape and cascade down my face.      “Mother I couldn't ever leave you, unless you wanted me to, truly wanted me to.”    “I truly want you happy choose which location makes you truly happy and go or stay. It’s your choice I guess." I walked away allowing the sisters to talk and Jonara to choose where she would go. Vriko was talking to Niko in the kitchen, Dimitri, Violet, and Danny were also there, and Shiva was on Danny’s lap looking longingly at her sippy cup in his hand to far from her little arms to grab away from him.    “Nana’s got it sweetheart,” I grabbed the sippy cup and gave it to her. Danny was to busy talking to notice finally Niko did and grabbed the sippy cup away before she could take a sip of it.   “Daniel pay attention to your child you know this sippy cup has bleach in it I’m washing it your lucky I was paying attention.”    “What? Oh Shiva! How did you get the sippy cup?” she pointed at my vacated seat, I had a fight to finish I never got the unicorn last night I armored up and went to the meadow there he was my unicorn his horn was bloody he slayed the white unicorn. Good for him.    My mother gave the option I thought she would never give me, to go back to Greece. I remember that I’m supposed to be dead but last night my mother saved me. I can’t leave her. I’m staying I’ll be the princess but maybe I’ll build another castle its getting cramped in here. I have to tell mother or father, Niko. I went searching for Niko he couldn't be far. He’s probably cooking or checking up on that search group for that trespasser Yolanda. Like I predicted Niko was in the kitchen talking to trolls in trollish. I guessed about Yolanda. He saw me and dismissed the trolls.    “Jonara how is my oldest daughter?” It was still odd seeing my father in this form.    “I’m not leaving, mother gave me the option of going back to Greece but I’m not going instead I’m going to build another castle here in this fairy.” He pondered the notion and finally said    “Since your sister is the queen you have to check with her I’m sorry Jonara.”    “I know, I love my sister deeply. I’m sure she’ll let me.” I left Niko in the kitchen and went to find Cassie. I found on the stairs coming to the kitchen.    “Cassie I have to ask you something.”    “Is it life changing? Cause I have important matters to discuss with the council.”    “Well not exactly but it’ll only take a second. Vriko and I want to build another castle in this Faery.”    “Fine my faery is very large. Choose what you want it stretches from North America to Central Russia.”    “Oh well Thank you sister.”    “Yep whatever good bye.” I watched rush out the castle to the council meeting. I wondered what was so important. I didn’t want to get in the middle of it. So I went to find Vriko my only love. I found him in the vast library looking at castle blue prints. He could read my mind I guess.    “Hello my love. Cassie said we could choose from a number of locations! I gave him a map of her territory.”    “Hmm, China looks good the Fae there a scarce they all live here in the capital city. I’ll go there tomorrow and pick a good location.”    “Okay my love. Vriko I love you.”    “Oh my darling I love you too.” I giggled and left the library bumping into King Daniel.    “Hullo my king”     Chapter Twenty-three:    “Why must you be so formal? Jonara really just call me Danny like everyone else.” I smiled and turned towards the stairs that would take me to the tower room or my mothers armor room I felt safer there. I kept many of my favorite books there. Sometimes I’d try on her armor but I knew I didn’t possess any of her many powerful powers Cassie inherited them but in everyday she’s a Halfa. She’s a mutt. Cassie is spawn of evil, a werewolf, fairy, and vampire. She’s every small child’s nightmare in one.    She’s a killing machine when she would ever want to be. If only mother would tell her what powers she possessed. But I also knew Cassie had to discover them herself. I wished somehow I could make her realize all the power that she kept inside of her. I wanted to have that power, I wanted to fight along side of my mother and I wanted Evil to lose for good. I didn’t want to be a princess I wanted to be queen of Faery! I walked over to the window and saw the meadow my mother was fighting on, she was winning I knew that. But something was wrong with Glanston her unicorn. He was changing colors. I remembered a story my mother told me years ago. When a unicorn kills another of its kind,  Already forbidden,    The Unicorn will change into the dead unicorn.   Oh no Glanston! He’s changing into Alamstan! Oh god what do I do? There is no cure mother will have to kill him! Glanston was and is my only true friend and now he is dying! Why did he kill that cursed unicorn? I jumped out the window and spread my wings and flew to them only to be side swiped by a flying monkey yep a flying monkey, evil little bugger to. I quickly drew the dagger my mother gave me years ago ‘for protection’ she said. I stabbed the monkey and continued on my way only to fly into a whole swarm of them! Great just f——ing great I grabbed my dagger and whispered a boomerang spell onto it and threw it at the first monkey thing. BULLS EYE! It came back but not without hitting two more monkeys. I smiled and threw it again and being that there was only about twenty I killed them all in about two minutes. I continued my flight to Glanston I needed to help him somehow.    The rest of my flight was uneventful. When I finally got there I couldn't believe it, Glanston was shifting back to his original color and his old self.    “Hello Jon, He was evil very evil so, I got off the hook.” I smiled and hugged him my mother was in hand to hand combat with a giraffe headed thing. I smiled a blew a bomb spell at the beast and he blew up. I may not have the powers of a warrior princess or queen but I was an excellent witch fairy.   “Jonara! Thank you but what in the world are you doing here?”   “I saw that Glanston was in trouble and I came to help him that’s all but then I flew into a swarm of flying monkeys and well you know the rest.”     Cassie~ When mother came in with Jonara I noticed that Jonara had gotten bit by something but I wasn't sure what. When she got closer it was a monkey fang. I screamed inside, flying monkey bites are fatal to fairies!     “Oh my god Jonara!”   “What Cassie what is it?”   “Were you bit by a flying monkey?”   “Yes, why?” both me and mother took a deep breath.   “Jonara, sister their bites are fatal to fairies! There’s only one antidote. Vampire blood  mixed with unicorn horn.”   “Oh no. Wait Glanston killed a unicorn today we could use that.” She hurried out, her light fading and when she tried to fly she dropped right back down to the ground   “Danny has enough vampire left in him I’m sure.” with saying this I ran to find Danny, of course he was painting,   Chapter Twenty-four:   “Danny darling I need your blood for an antidote for Jonara she was bitten by a flying monkey!”   “Oh yes of course, here.” he bit into his arm and grabbed a vial and squeezed all the blood he wanted Jonara to have into it before sealing it. I kissed him goodbye and ran back to Jonara who had the horn. I started to grind the horn into a powder to mix with the blood. Jonara was starting to catch a fever and was losing her light that came naturally to fairies and pixies and of course angels. I had to hurry.   Jonara~ My mother and I came into the kitchen to find Cassie just entering, she was staring at me funny and I was feeling weak and dizzy. I noticed my light was flickering on the walk to the palace. I heard Cassie speaking to me.   “Oh my god Jonara!” she said   “What is it Cassie?”   “Were you bit by a flying monkey?”   “Yes, why?” mother and Cassie both gasped.   “Jonara, sister a flying monkey bite is fatal to a fairy. The only antidote is vampire blood mixed with a unicorn horn.”   “Oh no. Wait Glanston killed a unicorn today we can use that.” I hurried out trying to fly but only succeeding in a foot off the ground.   “I’m sure Danny has enough vampire in him.” I heard her tell mother with saying that she ran off I sensed that she was very worried about me. Whilst I went to the battle grounds to break off the horn of the fallen white evil unicorn. I hurried back getting weaker and weaker, I had the chills now and my light was flickering more rapidly.   I waited in the kitchen for Cassie I felt very dizzy as I watched her mix the antidote I felt like dying…again. I could tell she saw I was getting sicker and sicker. She had to hurry, mother couldn’t lose me again. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Cassie~   I had to hurry. She was fading like a stain on a white t-shirt with bleach. Her light flickering like lights in a prison with a faulty generator. Finally the antidote was finished and I put it in a bottle for her to drink and got Vriko to carry her to their bedroom. He was very upset. His true love was dying. My sister was dying. Our mother came rushing in with Niko at her side. Grief stricken she grabbed Jonara’s hand and whispered ancient Greek to her.    “Jonara αγαπητέ μου είστε ισχυρές μπορείτε να το κάνετε. Σας παρακαλούμε να μην μας αφήνουν, Σας χρειάζομαι, Vriko σας ανάγκες, και Cassie ανάγκη για σας. Παρακαλούμε να τραβήξει μέσω εσάς τρελό κορίτσι” Jonara smiled and I was so alone then I didn’t know ancient Greek but Vriko did so I asked him what they were saying.   “Arvial said to her daughter Jonara my dear you are strong you can make it. Please don't leave us, I need you, Vriko needs you, and Cassie need's you. Please pull through you crazy girl. “    “Oh.” we stood there waiting for a recovery finally I said    “Um the medicine doesn’t take affect for a couple hours. It stops her from getting worse but to fight the poison it takes a couple hours so let’s leave the couple alone and go about ore daily routine.” Everyone listened to the queen. Even my mother.     Chapter Twenty-five:   I was worried about Jonara and my mother. She lost Jon once and I don’t think she could do it again. I don’t think I could do it once with Shiva. I mean she was so upset she killed her husband who is now in Niko’s body Vriko.   I left the room silently I knew Jonara would be fine, but my mother wouldn't take my word for it. She will not leave Jo's side. Maybe Jo will die, but she died once she can die again. I walked through out the castle wondering what it would be like to have another child roaming the halls hand in hand with Shiva, Princess Shiva. I smiled and walked into my room, where Danny stood at the window continuing his painting he had started before the chaos erupted. He looked pale from the blood loss, and I was terribly sorry, but if it worked if Jonara survived then it would be worth it, I went my whole life without a sister, I had somewhat of a brother but he didn't count, he hardly talked to me and when he did it was a question of where the booze was. So many times I wanted to rid myself of my Earth family but I knew if I did, they would die shortly after me leaving them behind.   Now I have a new family and I wasn't sure why I felt the need to protect the one's on earth who had abused me and ignored me until I cried myself to sleep each night. If it wasn't for Niko, I would have killed myself years ago, but then Danny came into my life and I had these two guys who would die to protect me, Niko was like a father to me and Danny is my love, my soul mate.    "Danny may I ask what you're doing?"   "Painting, I'm painting the forest and the blackened remains of Arvial's meadow."   "The sight of the Last Battle then,"   "Yes if that's what you decided to call it." Danny said sleepily.   "You need rest, I promise nightmares will not bother you tonight."   "How did you know of the nightmares?"   "You cry in your sleep my darling, now rest."   "Good night my love. Shiva is asleep in her room. Join me as we go off into a slumber,"   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yolanda*   I was in the shadows, conjuring a sleeping spell. I wanted to put the royal's and those who lived with them under a spell that would last two years and age Cassie until she was twenty years old. Old in Fairy years, and pregnant with another child. A child that would reek destruction on the Royal family, this child would be her servant, and would carry out her worst deeds. She wanted the Queen dead, and Danny for herself. The child would help her do so.   Yolanda cast the spell and watched and listened as each person fell into the deepest sleeps. She laughed to herself and continued to run away from the Hellhounds that Cassie had sent after her, she switched into her squirrel form and climbed up a tree to hide for the next two years.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...
229K 3.8K 59
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ π–¬π–Ίπ—‚π—Œπ—‚π–Ύ 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇, 𝖺 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅-π—„π—‡π—ˆπ—π—‡ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—‡π— π–Όπ—‹π–Ύπ–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—‚π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖿 π—π—ˆ 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖬...
416K 17.4K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
159K 7.9K 47
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...