|A Spider's Tale|

By RambunctiousCat

What would have happened if a more broken, desperate Gwen Stacy, fell into the universe of our happy well-man... More

A New Spider: Chapter 1
Stark Home: Chapter 2
A Greater Understanding: Chapter 3
Being the New Kid...again: Chapter 4
The Prison Break: Chapter 5
We got our butts whipped: Chapter 6
The Battle of the bugs (and Rhino): Chapter 7
Infinity War-1: Chapter 8
Infinity War-2: Chapter 9
Infinity War-3: Chapter 10
The Decimation: Chapter 11
Good Captain...Bad Captain: Chapter 12
What Planet Are We On?: Chapter 13
Adapting: Chapter 14
What a Pair: Chapter 15
Tony's Gifts: Chapter 16
I got a Delivery for Tony Stank: Chapter 17
Graduation: Chapter 18
A Day Out: Chapter 19
We're our own Team: Chapter 20
Happy Valentines Day!
Good Things Don't Last: Chapter 21
Endgame-1: Chapter 22
Endgame-3: Chapter 24
Endgame-4: Chapter 25
Endgame 5: Chapter 26
Trip to Europe: Chapter 27
You're Who!?: Chapter 28
Oh look it's Aquaman! : Chapter 29
L'uomo del Misterio: Chapter 30
A Big Fiery Blob: Chapter 31
Capes & Chaos: Chapter 32
Edict Edith: Chapter 33
Ain't Nothin' But A Heartache: Chapter 34
Ain't Nothin But A Big Mistake: Chapter 35
A 'Plain' Ride: Chapter 36
Bagels and Beds : Chapter 37
An Avenger's Level Threat: Chapter 38

Endgame-2: Chapter 23

2.9K 58 49
By RambunctiousCat

Haven't had a chance to read this over yet, so please excuse any mishaps.

Right on to it!

3rd Person

This was the first time Peter and Gwen had ever felt bad for a flat-bed truck. It was carrying the two spider-heroes, Dr. Hulk (A/N I know it's Professor Hulk...I just don't wanna write it), and a certain loud-mouthed raccoon.

Peter honestly didn't understand how the vehicle was still moving.

Finally, they arrive at their destination, passing a sign that says 'WELCOME TO NEW ASGARD, PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY'

Hopping off they all come face to face with a mighty...fishing town.

"Wait...New Asgard...is a small fishing town?" Peter was very confused.

"Yeah, kind of a step down from golden palaces and magic hammers and whatnot," Rocket said.

"Hey...have some compassion" Hulk interjected "first they lost Asgard, the half their people. They're just happy to have a home"

A tall woman with curly black hair up in a ponytail walked up, "You shouldn't have come!"

Bruce chuckled nervously "Hey Valkyrie! Great to see you angry girl!"

(A/N I've decided, Hulk is either Bruce, Dr. Hulk, or just Hulk...so sorry for any confusion)

Valkyrie looked Bruce up and down, "I liked you better either of the other ways"

Bruce motions to the group around him (a little hurt )"This is Rocket, those two over there are Peter and Gwen"

"How you doin' "

Valkyrie looked at Rocket weirdly and had a slightly puzzled look when she saw Peter and Gwen.

"He won't see you"

"That bad, huh?"

We only see him once a month...when he comes for..." She looked over to a pile of barrels, labeled 'BEER' "supplies."

"It's that bad"

"Wait... you're telling me Thor is an alcoholic now? Dang...I stood up for that guy!"

Gwen patted Peter on the back sympathetically, she didn't like the image of a drunk Thor either.

Valkyrie led them over to one of the homes and motioned for them to enter.

Rocket opened the door and was followed inside by Peter and Gwen, Bruce taking a second to stoop down.

"Woo! Something died in here!"

"Hello? Thor?" Bruce called for his friend.

"Are you here about the cable?" A voice calls from down the hall.

Everyone entered the living room, to come face to face with a very, very fat Thor.

"The Cinemax ran out maybe...two weeks ago? Sports are all kinda fuzzy" He reaches for a beer.

Peter walks up and stops him from grabbing another, Bruce walks up to him.

"Thor?"

Thor finally realizes who is in his home, "BOYS! Oh my God! It is so good to see you!" He waddles up to rocket trying to hug him "Come here you rascal!"

"That is not necessary."

"Wait...who are you two?" Thor just seemed to have noticed Peter and Gwen.

Gwen stepped out and offered her hand to shake "I'm Gwen Stacy, and that is my boyfriend Peter...were friends of Tony's...you could say"

"Ah, Stark's friends! How is he?"

"Good...married...successful...thin"

Thor did not pick up any of Gwen's completely polite hints, "Good, good...Hulk, you know my friends, Miek, Korg, right?"

"Hey man, good to see you, feel free to sit down, stretch your legs. Beer's on the bucket, feel free to log onto the wifi, no password, obviously" He turns back to his game...which was Fortnite...hmm.

"Thor...he's back, the kid on the TV just called me a dickhead"

Thor grumbles "Noobmaster."

"Yeah Noobmaster69, called me a dickhead"

Thor takes the microphone and was about to speak into it and probably scar whatever nine-year-old that was on the other end until Rocket decided to intervene.

"Look, Thor, we don't have time for this, stop whining about some videogame player, and get over here, we have a chance to save everyone, a way to beat Thanos"

Thor stopped instantly, looking down at the Raccoon hybrid, "Don't, don't say that name"

"Yeah...we don't say that name in here"

Bruce walks up to his long time friend, "Look, I know...that guy, might scare you--"

"Why would I be? Why would...why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else kill that guy?"

Peter and Gwen sighed, leaving Thor with his friends. Call them shallow, but they had agreed to tag along so that they could both meet Thor, but...they weren't needed here, they couldn't do anything about his situation, the only hope was to leave Thor with his friends, and hope things worked out.

Outside, Peter and Gwen chatted with Valkyrie.

"Not what you expected, eh?"

"No...I've always looked up to Thor, but that...what I saw in there, it was sad...very sad. He looked so broken."

"You, you're Gwen, right? And your Peter, why are you two wrapped up in this mess? Seems like no business for any normal citizen of earth."

"Well we are definitely not normal"

"Oh? Avengers?"

"Yup."

"Who?"

"Well, I'm Ghost Spider...you may or may not have heard of me, and Peter here is Spider-Man"

"So the rumors are true...not just some weird media trash, the two spiders are dating..."

Peter got a little worried "Valkyrie, we're telling you this...so please keep it a secret, don't go blabbing who we are to the world"

Valkyrie looked a little offended "Me? Don't worry, you mortal's secret is safe with me"

Thor, Rocket, and Bruce suddenly emerged from the house, Thor wearing more clothes than before thankfully.

Gwen walked up to Rocket as they boarded the ship, "How did you guys convince him to come along?"

" I told him that there was beer on the ship"

---

Gwen, Peter, and Tony were fiddling with the Time Machines inner mechanics, when Natasha walked in, with a tagalong.

Hawkeye was back.

"Hey, Barton...what's up with the haircut?"

"Who're you?"

"Ugh! I have to keep telling people...I'm Gwen Stacy, and your hair looks weird"

Clint began walking away, rubbing his hair insecurely.

"Gwen...that wasn't very nice."

"Okay take one long look and then tell me his hair doesn't look at least a little weird!"

Peter took a long, careful look, "Yeah...you're right"

"Always am"

Later Clint came back in a white, nano-tech, time heist suit.

Gwen, Peter, and Tony quickly finished their tinkering, and then get clear.

"Alright, Clint, We're going in 3..2..1!"

As soon as Bruce finished his countdown, Clint shrunk rapidly and disappeared.

"Yeah!" Gwen and Peter high-fived.

A few seconds later, Clint reappeared, falling on his butt, and holding a baseball glove.

Natasha runs up, "Hey, hey look at me. You okay?"

"It worked...It worked!"

Things were going smoothly.

---

Peter, Gwen, Tony, Natasha, and Bruce were all laying on either the table or floor, still, brainstorm after everyone else had gone to bed.

"Wait, Gwen, you remember that Wizard, with the cloaky thing"

"Yeah...yeah what was his name?"

"Files you guys have say Dr. Strange" Bruce answers.

"Yeah...what kind of doctor was he?" Nat asks.

"The Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat," Tony says.

Bruce sighed "He had a nice place in the village though"

"Yeah, Sullivan Street"

"Hmm...Blecker"

"Wait...wait...that dude lived in New York?" Gwen's eyes lit up.

"No, he lived in Toronto, Gwenzilla did you even pay attention?"

"Guys I think what she's trying to say, is if we pick the right year, there are three stones in New York" Natasha interjected.

"Shut the front door"

"Wait...wait guys hold up" Peter stood up "With that reasoning...why don't we just go back to the battle in Wakanda, Mr. Banner, you said that Thor had Thanos pinned...wouldn't it be easier to go and pluck the stones out right out from under him?"

Tony thought for a minute, "That is a good point, but we'd have to add in the fact that there would still be the other 'us' to think about, and if we fail we could all be snapped away"

"Good point"

---

It was early afternoon, and the group was all in the briefing room, Steve was taking point.

"Alright, we have one shot at this, three groups, Peter, Gwen, Nat and Clint, you guys are going for the Soul Stone in 2014, Nebula, Rhodey, you two are going with them as well, but for the Power Stone.

Rocket, Thor, you two are going to Asgard, 2013 for the Reality Stone, and Scott, Tony, Bruce, and I are going to New York 2012, for the Time, Mind, and Space stones.

We have one shot, a round trip each, no mistakes, and no do-overs, most of us are going to places familiar to us, but don't know what to expect, look out for each other, We're bringing everyone home"

"He's is very good at that" Peter whispered to Gwen.

"I know right!"

They all walked to the platform, some activating their heist suits, others putting on different gear.

Peter pulls out two watches, one is wide, and had a brown leather strap, with a silver and black watch face, the other was a mixture of golds and silvers, and was thin.

Peter handed the thin watch to Gwen, and smirking, they both put the watches on their wrists and slapped them.

Grey and Silver spread across their bodies, coming from the watches. Everyone watches as the two were covered in nano-tech, forming grey and red, armored spider suits, both with hoods.

It was the A.L.T suits, finished and ready for action.

Peter, once the suit finished its activation sequence, felt the hood on his head.

"Wait...I didn't put this here, Gwen...this was not on mine when I tested them yesterday"

"I know, years of hard work and patience, finally...you're wearing a hood"

Peter grumbled, Gwen just deactivated her helmet/mask, kisses Peter on his own helmet, and runs towards the platform, Peter not far behind.

Rhodey looks at Tony, "Why do you always give them all the cool gadgets!"

"I didn't, they made it all themselves"

If they hadn't been before, now everyone was looking at Peter and Gwen, examining the tech.

It was better than anything they'd seen Tony make...so far.

The rest of the group reach the platform and activate their Heist Suits, Peter and Gwen's had been modified to accommodate for their A.L.T's abnormal shapes and angles, while Rocket and Rhodey also had modified suits.

Natasha nods to Peter and Gwen, then looks at Steve "See you in a minute"

Then they plunge into the vast expanse of the Quantum realm.

There, I was thinking of continuing it, but I decided that the time heist and the battle will probably either be in the same chapter or two separate ones.

Which option would you all prefer?

I'm thinking about keeping Nat alive, I may have a use for her later on.

Anyway, how did you all like it? Good? Bad? Decent?

Please feel free to comment, I like reading them!

-RambunctiousCat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 708 21
this is a Gwen Stacy x fem reader for all my girl likin' girlies out there. I really couldn't find that many so here I am writing one. You live in...
51.9K 1K 16
"We almost died and you're just now telling me that you love me?" "That's exactly what I'm saying, we just don't talk about the almost dying part kay...
18.3K 895 19
You know the story by now. With great power comes great I don't need to finish that. You've heard it to death; every universe has. But what if your u...
132K 1.7K 29
What if things had gone differently? What if the blond Peter Parker of Earth 1610 got to train Miles like he said he would? What if Miles had already...