The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 3 - S'amuser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 16 - Réponses
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 10 - Mes Livres

4.7K 98 15
By simplicational

So I have great news! I received my laptop back (all repaired) on February 5, 2015 so I am now able to write more imagines and update more frequently just because I now have a better ease of access. So I hope that you enjoy this chapter! Also sorry if the spacing is a bit off, I don't know why it is doing that.
Chapter 10: Mes Livres

Malia’s POV

“Hey guys I’m so HUNGRY!” I say as I walk in and fall on the nearest bed. They all turn and look at me.

“What?” I ask.

“Am I in the wrong room or something?” I ask again.

“No, it’s nothing,” Carter says.

“Sure. Okay. Anyways I was mentioning food?”

“YES! I AM ALL FOR FOOD!” Matt says as he stands up.

“Chipotle?” I offer. I was always in the mood for Mexican.

“Awesome,” Matt says. Matt gets up and starts putting on his vans. I walk back into the other room and just put my high tops back on, it’s only Chipotle I don’t want to unpack my stuff. I walk back into the room.

“Is anyone else coming or is it just us two?” I ask the group.

“Mals understand that we get our nourishment when people go out and bring us food, so you and Matt will go to Chipotle and order for all of us and bring back the food,” He says as if he were talking to a three year old instead of me.

“Oh, okay,” I say going along with it. “Then may I take your order?” I say pulling out my phone so I can type out what they all want. I got all of their orders even though it took some time.

“Well thank you I will be back with your food soon. Oh and I hope you don’t mind but you will be paying the bill,” I said pointing to Cameron. “That’s how it works in restaurants,” I add as I turn around and go back into his room and pull out his credit card. I conceal his credit card in my phone case and walk back into the room.

“Ready?” Matt asks.

“Yup,” I say and we walk out the door together. We don’t have any of our cars so we have to take the limousine everywhere, and at first it was kind of cool but now it is just getting a bit annoying. We walk into Chipotle and immediately some girls run up to Matt and ask to take pictures with him. He gives me a look that says ‘sorry’ while I mouth back, ‘it’s fine, I will be in line. Go do your thing.’ With a smile and a wave. I wait patiently in line until it is my turn. I couldn’t read off all the orders so I handed the guy my phone and he got a bunch of people working on the food. Thankfully Matt had told me his order as well, so he wouldn’t be missing out on food because of a few fans.

10 minutes later I had all of the food paid for with Cameron’s credit card and Matt had been excused from fan duty and came over to help me carry all of the food back to the limousine. We reached the door of the limousine and me being the lazy person I am I don’t put the food down and I use my foot to try and open the door.

“STOP LAUGHING AT ME! I AM ALMOST THERE!” I shout in frustration at Matt who is laughing at my struggle.

“GOT IT!” I shout with victory and I open the door. I looked back and I noticed a few fans were standing around with their phones and a devious smirk on their faces, well knowing that look they probably just caught me trying to open the door on video. Well, this will be great.
The limousine drives back to the hotel and Matt and I go through the same struggle of getting the food into the hotel. Thankfully the hotel had those rotating doors that you could spin around in forever so my foot was not necessary.

Matt was able to press the elevator button with one of his fingers. We waited for what seemed like an eternity until the doors opened. We stepped in and we hit the top floor button. When the doors opened we made our way back to the room that everyone was in.

“Well this ought to be interesting,” Matt said with his eyebrows raised. He was right, it would be interesting.

“Turn around I am going to take the key card out of your back pocket,” I say to Matt. He turns around and I manage to pull it out with my fingertips. Okay now to get it into the card slot. How did that Indian guy in spirit do that trick with the knife again? (Vote if you get my reference) I swing my hand back and forth with as much force as possible while trying not to drop the food and then I let go and the key card flies in the air. It doesn’t land in my mouth where I want it, but on my shoulder. I crane my neck and try and grab it with my teeth and thankfully I reach it.

JESUS WAS HERE YES!

I then make my way to the door and I guide the keycard in with my mouth and quickly pull it back up.

*red light flashes*

“ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME IT IS ON THE WRONG SIDE?” I shout but I don’t lose my concentration even though Matt is laughing in the background. I put the keycard back in and pick it up with my mouth and use the door handle as a counter balance as I flip the card around. Okay this better work now. I put it in once more and I pull it up quickly.

*green light flashes* (Gatsby reference)

“Yes!” I say quickly backing up and kicking my foot up onto the door handle and pushing it down and kicking the door open.

“WE COME BEARING GIFTS!” I shout as I run in and set down the food on the coffee table.

“You could have knocked you know?” Taylor says clearly amused, because I know they all heard me.

“I like a challenge, and it’s not like you guys would have answered anyways,” I say knowingly.

“True.”
“You guys should have seen her trying to open the car door with her foot,” Matt says walking in.

“We did,” Carter says.

“What?!? It’s up already?” I ask. They all look at me.

“How do you know?”

“Once I successfully managed to get into the limousine I saw some fans and they were holding their phones and looking at them like they just found the gold at the end of the rainbow,” I said.

“Lemme see the video, how bad do I look?” I ask running over to Carter’s phone. He turns it on its side so we get a better view. The video starts with Matt and I coming out of Chipotle and you can see my face drop when I see the car door.

“I’ve got this,” I hear myself say. I cover my face in my hands.

“OH, GOD!” I say.

“It gets better,” Carter says.

“I bet it does,” I retaliate.

“STOP LAUGHING AT ME! I AM ALMOST THERE!” I see myself shouting at Matt who seems to be dying. I don’t know how my body is contorting in the odd shape that it has taken. My foot is underneath the car handle and I am leaning on my right leg while trying not to drop the food and my sweater is almost dragging on the ground.

“GOT IT!” I hear myself say. Then the video cuts off with Matt and me getting in the car.

All of the guys’ faces are red with laughter while mine is red from embarrassment.

“Well you guys better eat because I went through all of that just so you guys could have food,” I say. I walk over and grab my bag and jump on one of the beds. I kick off my shoes and try and push them off the bed with my feet.

“Eh, eh, eh, move off the bed. There,” I complain while trying to get my shoes onto the floor. I talk to inanimate objects don’t act like you don’t because if you say you don’t ‘YA LYIN’.

“What did you get?” Cam comes over and asks me.

“Sofritas burrito with mushrooms and green peppers,” I reply. I had been a vegetarian for a while now, it wasn’t a secret but not many people knew because I had no one to tell. And it’s not like the second you meet someone you introduce yourself like, ‘Hey my name is Malia and I am a vegetarian’ that’s not how it works.

“I would ask you, but I already know,” I say to him. “Oh, here’s your credit card. I told you, you were paying,” I said with a smile.

“I have a password and stuff though,” He says as he takes it back questioningly.

“You’re not the only one who misses mom,” I whisper to him. He visibly tenses, I never really openly talked about our mom, and I was either crying or really depressed and feeling sentimental when I talked about her. I talked about my dad more often but even so not as much. I more often thought about him because he was always away. It has gotten easier, and I think it is the people I have surrounded myself with.

I didn’t eat all of my burrito because it was huge and I can’t eat all of it so I wrapped it back up and stuck it in the fridge in my room, I will probably eat it later. I check the time and it is now 5:30pm. Meaning it is actually 2:30 to the rest of us.

My hair had dried by now so I brushed it once more and did a messy French braid, I could never French braid my own hair, my mom always had to do it. I went into my carry-on and took out some of my stuff. No one was in my room because they were all in the room next door so I opened my laptop and plugged in my head phones and went into garage band. I wasn’t going to record anything just listen to some of the stuff and edit a bit more. I have been thinking more and more about perhaps releasing some of my music but I am not positive so I am keeping my secret safe for now. I opened my folder and I currently had 216 songs recorded. What can I say, Cameron went out often enough. The thing I didn’t think about until now is that with all of the guys around and me not at home, I can’t record anything. I open the first song I ever recorded.

June 10th 2011

I had started recording after my mom died, but I didn’t have any equipment when I first started so it was just me and my guitar. The familiar chords of you can count on me by Bruno Mars echoed into my headphones. After my mom died, music was my escape, so I almost always thought of her when I recorded. I was 13 at the time, and while I will admit I could sing, my voice has matured a lot since then.

I listened to some of my other songs, editing some things before it became a bit tiring. I checked the time and it was 6:23pm. I shut my laptop and put it to the side. I then grabbed The Maze Runner (I know reading two books at once, such a rebel) and my reading glasses and lay on my stomach as I started to read it for the 28th time.

“He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air.”

                “Metal ground against metal; a lurching shudder shook the floor beneath him. He fell down at the sudden movement and shuffled backward on his hands and feet, drops of sweat beading on his forehead despite the cool air. His back struck a hard metal wall; he slid along it until he hit the corner of the room. Sinking to the floor, he pulled his legs up tight against his body, hoping his eyes would soon adjust to the darkness.” (James Dashner The Maze Runner)

I admire people who can correctly use the semi-colon because I never could in school, still can’t. Sure I will have my moments where I accidently use it correctly but I suck at grammar.

“He wanted to cry, but no tears came; he could only sit there, alone, waiting.” (James Dashner The Maze Runner)

When my life relates to books it makes me happier, because it means that I am not the only person who feels this way. If somebody were to ask me if I could live anywhere in the world I would say the library. It doesn’t have to be big, it could even be the smallest bookstore in town. Bookstores and libraries carry more information, thoughts, and emotions than one person could ever imagine. I want to live somewhere that understands me and I always have something to turn to, the only thing better than that would being able to share that with someone.

I know the chapter was short, I hope it was more interesting. I had an idea when I posted Chapter 9 for Chapter 10 but then I decided to change it a bit so it went to this. comment your favorite book

Mes Livres means my books in French.

until the next update my loves

xoxo
-simplicational's queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 1K 39
Olivia is 18 and lives in L.A., her life thus far has been pretty ordinary, but with some wrong numbers and a text, her life is about to change, is g...
574 1 22
After Jinx's parents die in a car accident she is forced to go live with her older brother Hunter. Jinx hasn't seen her older brother in 2 years beca...
105K 1.2K 30
Olivia Dallas, yes, Cameron Dallas's sister is very close with Cam. When he finds out Olivia can come to the MAGCON tour with him, he is very excited...
11.7M 230K 95
Highest Rank: #19 First Book: Badly Written!! Read at your own risk LOL! Kaye is Cameron Dallas little sister. What happens when a few of the Magcon...