Chaos | #3

By Aella_Grey

❝ I have survived so many fires I can no longer tell if I am alive or if I'm still burning. ❞ - In which the... More

intro
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
fourth book!

four

12.7K 449 469
By Aella_Grey

"Now, I'm not usually this dumb, but I just got milkshake dumped on me after being falsely accused of cheating with someone's boyfriend even though I already have a boyfriend and only started here today." I explained, edging towards the door with a meek smile.

If this isn't the best day ever I don't know what is.

The guy merely nodded and I walked to the door but before I could open it, someone walked in, making the edge of the door hit my forehead.

I groaned in pain, placing my hand on my head and ignoring the confused look from the guy that made me lose a brain cell and the chuckle from the other guy.

I slipped out of the bathroom, ready to die in a hole when I realised the bell has already rang and people were heading toward their classes.

"Why was she coming out of the boys bathroom?"

"Maybe she hooked up with someone."

I scrunched my nose up in disgust and shook my head, continuing down the hallway when I saw Hallie motioning for me to catch up to her. I did and she smiled, placing some books in her locker.

"So, I was thinking, we should all go to my brothers beach house this weekend. It works in favour of us all because Dante wants us to bond and the resort is private so we won't have to be around each other much but we'll technically still be doing what we're supposed to be doing. Make sense?" She smiled but it fell as she thought over her words. I nodded in agreement though, more than ready to leave the house after only three days.

"Cool, I'll see you at home." She said and I replied with a quick 'see ya' before heading to my next class which I was evidently late for.

Needless to say my teacher was not impressed and I was hit with a half hour detention.

CHAOS

I watched curiously as Jaxon put another random piece of equipment into the test tube which was now a weird poo brown colour.

"I don't think Science is your subject." I muttered and he frowned, turning to me and taking his white gloves off.

"You try to make it into a crystal." He gestured to the table of stuff I had no clue of what to do with.

I didn't want to seem dumb though so I picked up the black power thing we were given and poured it into the tube, waiting for it to magically make a crystal.

"I feel like that should've done something." I told him and tapped the glass only for the tube to literally explode.

Whoops.

Jaxon pulled us both down and in the process fell off the stools and hit the floor with a thud while the fire alarm blared.

I started coughing, reaching up and picking what was supposed to be a crystal off the table. I passed it to Jaxon who didn't seem too interested in the brown substance, busy laughing his head off.

I scowled and took my white gloves off just as the science teacher came to stand in front of us with frizzy hair, eyes blazing with anger.

We stood up quickly, Jaxon biting his lower lip to stop his laughs while I just looked at her uneasily.

"You've ruined my science lab." She all but shrieked, gesturing around the room. My mouth fell open at the mess. No one was present in the room anymore but from the shattered windows and alarm I knew why.

Didn't know it was that bad.

"You'll be paying for the expenses, both of you. See me in the principles office." Miss. Metheny stormed out of the room, muttering incoherent words to herself.

"Shouldn't we get out-" I began, noting the still loud fire alarm but stopped when I looked at Jaxon who was pulling pieces of glass from the test tube that had exploded out of his neck.

Shit. Now I've already nearly killed someone.

I rushed over with my brows knitted together and grabbed his hand, stopping him from pulling another piece out. I looked at the small wounds and sighed.

I looked around the messy classroom and picked up a first aid kit from the cupboard, grabbing the tweezers and thinking about my life if I went to jail for ruining a science lab and killing someone in the process.

"It's not that bad." He acknowledged the blood but I shook my head.

"Still, I dragged you into paying for the costs." I said and he chuckled, shaking his head while leaning back against the table.

I began pulling out the pieces of glass, using the antiseptic wipes and trying not to accidentally make the glass hit an artery or something. Why am I making such a big fuss, it's just some small pieces of glass?

I looked up at Jaxon once I was finished to find him looking back at me and held in a breath.

I don't like that look.

Yeah but you're returning it.

No I'm not, he has a girlfriend.

Who even brought up that subject.

No, wait, why am I even thinking about this. It's probably just the after effects of today's events.

He glanced into the mirror and pulled out a piece of glass I missed, wiping the blood away with his thumb. Why is this even happening? He looked back down at me for a moment before leaning in closer. I was confused for a moment but soon realised that he wasn't the only one. He finally closed the space between us and our lips connected.

"Vic-" A familiar voice said and I spun around, successfully pulling at least three muscles in my neck. I rubbed it and glanced at Asrael.

Asrael looked between the two of us before taking his hand off the door handle and walking away without a second glance.

To hell with this day.

"Sorry for injuring you and I'll pay the money myself." I rushed out, sending Jaxon one last glance and heading in the direction Asrael had left.

I was in a relationship. This wasn't supposed to happen was it? I hadn't been in a real, committed one before but surely I was only supposed to think of Asrael. It wasn't like I was thinking of Jaxon, after all we had only met three days ago. There was just a moment. But why was there a moment? Surely I'm just tripping at this point.

Hold on what's that–

The soccer ball hit me square in the face and I dropped on the grass, my eyesight becoming blurry.

And then I woke up.

Van Doren Aesthetics

Dante Van Doren
30 years old

Rafael Van Doren
26 years old

Easton Van Doren
21 years old

Jaxon Van Doren
18 years old

Hallie Van Doren
17 years old

Hadley Van Doren
17 years old

I'll add each families aesthetics at the end of the chapters from now on! Hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...
27K 815 14
Angelo was kidnapped from his family when he was little, and after living with a man he called "Sir" he was one day found. 7 year old boy didn't unde...
33.5K 2.4K 21
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
17.4K 365 11
Just writing for my enjoyment. Not sure if I'll add anymore chapters on.