His Caged Dove -Mafia Romance...

By HisBeautifulMess

Dove Genovese, daughter of the second in command of the Italian mafia boss, has one sole purpose in life. Tha... More

One: Dove
Two: Gedeon
Three: Dove
Four: Gedeon
Five: Dove
Six: Gedeon
Seven: Dove
Eight: Gedeon
Nine: Dove
Ten: Gedeon
Eleven: Dove
Twelve: Gedeon
Thirteen: Dove
Fourteen: Gedeon
Fifteen: Dove
Seventeen: Dove
Eighteen: Gedeon
Nineteen: Dove
Twenty: Gedeon
Twenty-One: Dove
Twenty-Two: Gedeon
Twenty-Three: Dove
Twenty-Four: Gedeon
Twenty-Five: Dove
Twenty-Six: Dove
Twenty-Seven: Gedeon
Twenty-Eight: Gedeon
Twenty-Nine: Dove
Thirty: Gedeon
Thirty-One: Dove
Thirty-Two: Gedeon
Thirty-Three: Dove
Thirty-Four: Gedeon
Thirty-Five: Gedeon
Thirty-Six: Dove
Q&A + The Second Book

Sixteen: Gedeon

38.4K 1.2K 322
By HisBeautifulMess

Sixteen:

Gedeon

I watched Dove popping a Kartoshka into her mouth before one of her hand's rested on her cheeks, her eyes closing. For a bit, I had forgotten about everything else, bewitched by her expression. Her face was a window to her soul from the moment I had arrived with her. She was alarmed and nervous about everyone; choosing to hide from everyone by trying to hide behind me. This was the first time besides the occasion when Anastasia or Aleksei bumped into her that she seemed to relax. Sofia laughed next to her before placing more sweets onto her plate amongst others.

This was the first time I saw her laugh since she's gotten here with Vlad. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her laugh at any planned gatherings. Though then again, I don't think the Roman family, especially Vlad's wife, liked seeing his mistress around all that much.

It wasn't my place to say anything with their family business, so long as no one brings it up that it's causing a major issue. Half the time, I had expected one of their family members to finally throw Vlad under the bus after everything he's done. Lied, cheat, and steal before gambling everything away. It wasn't a secret there were rumors he had abused Sofia either, but there wasn't any solid proof since he was always by her side.

I guess he's more relaxed this year with letting her lose.

"Gedeon, are you listening?" Father said, his forehead puckered.

"Yes," I replied instantly, though it was further than the truth. Something was clearly wrong with me and my cock. I just need to find someone to fuck hard and rough with abandonment and then it'll be back to normal business. My eyes darted back to him before he caught on, though no one seemed to be able to tell anyways from my usual demeanor.

"I've always firmly believed and told you that you should marry out of love, not out of pure alliance," he reiterated, knowing fully well I probably wasn't listening. His hair had greyed a lot since I had last seen him, his age catching up with him after seeming to have lost everything the day Mother died in the house fire with the only survivor being me. His eyes were hollow and empty and him telling me to marry out of love was like a slap in my face.

"Yes, I've remembered me saying afterward that I won't do that. You know firsthand the ending of that one and I'll be damned to do that."

He flinched slightly at my lashed words. "What happened with your Mother was my fault. I promised her that you'll marry someone you love, not out of an alliance. I've said this multiple times, I don't care how much of an alliance this is, it shouldn't out weight what she thought is best for you,"

"We're not having this conversation here," I seethed. I didn't need a reminder of the past, something I couldn't fix. What I can focus now is making sure everyone in the Italian family and slaughtering them all. I didn't care who, so long as they were in their blood, they were dead.

And Dove will be the last one.

"Gedeon, you need to let go of your plan of vengeance, live the way you want too," he said, his eyes pained. He runs his hands through his hair, tugging at the ends. His once powerful and demanding aura was there, but I could see through him. Inside, he was miserable much like me. He chose to wallow in the past, I chose to take hold of the future.

"And I want all the Italians dead," I retaliated. "Have you forgotten what they've done?"

"I'm reminded every day," he whispered, his eyes going hazy as he looked away from me. My eyes were inherited from Mother. It was the reason why he chose to step down and live in a secluded area away. "But this isn't something you should shoulder."

"No one else would and I'll be damned if I'll let my Mother's death be something they can boast about," I spat, standing straighter. "I don't think you have the rights to act like a Father now."

"Gedeon," Timor said, disrupting the high tension and then he quieted, his eyes darting from me to my Father. He nodded at him, bowing his head in a form of respect. "Zavid, a pleasure to see you again."

"Likewise," he murmured.

"What's the matter?" I questioned.

"Lizabeta just got back to the estate," Timor answered back with a sly grin. "Crazy bitch really did pull off the operation on her own like you said she would."

"Did you doubt me?" I raised an eyebrow at how astonished he sounded. Though I didn't grow up with her, she had since become one of my most trusted.

"No, obviously not." He shook his head. "She just called and wanted to know if you're willing to waste a few of your precious time for her. Her words, not mine."

"She can't wait till we're all home?"

"It can't wait. It's about the outcome of operation Neck Ridge."

I mentally groaned in my head. I've been working and monitoring months in hopes for an alliance with a shipping operator on the coast of Mexico on top of taking out a drug lord that I believe he would be a threat in a couple of months unless he was handled. Sending in Lizabeta was risky but it had to be done. Her being alive was good, but the outcome was what I was anxious about.

My eyes darted to where Dove was again and then nodded at Timor. She would be fine by herself for a few minutes, maybe no more than fifteen. "Okay, look after Dove."

"I'll be passing that job onto Aleksei because I have to monitor in case," he reminded me.

I bit my tongue from saying anything and turned back to Father. "I'll be going then."

He nodded curtly. "Congratulations on your wedding, Son. I hope you do consider what I said."

Turning without a glance, I took out my phone and headed to the courtyard in the back. No one was around and for a minute, I basked in the quiet, holding onto it. The rustling of the leaves mixed with the smoky coldness calmed me just momentarily. Pressing call, I didn't have to wait long before Lizabeta picked up without any form of introduction.

"I'm honestly offended you didn't invite me to your own wedding," she declared on the other line. A moment later, a thump followed which I assumed to be her bag she dropped soon after she got into her room. "Here I thought I was one of your closest and most trusted people too."

"Alright, take it out of your system," I snickered, kicking the gravel beneath my feet as I wandered outer into the courtyard. Passing through white arches wrapped with dead vines to find a patio gazebo. Even though I had bought this place years ago, I only make use of the place once a year. I took a seat on the iron bench inside and sighed. "I'm assuming Timor told you the basics?"

"That you married a Genovese and potentially putting us in a huge shitshow if this goes South? Yeah, anything else I missed?" she shot through the other side.

Seeing how everyone just needed to know the bare basic anyways, I stared up into the night sky. "That about it, though I would appreciate it when you see her to not give her that much of a hard time,"

"Why? Please don't tell me you fell for that little sparrow?" she cooed sarcastically.

"No."

"Her pussy good?"

"You really should work on your language," I said in disgust. "But no, I'm not fucking her. Now tell me the situation with Neck Ridge."

"Honestly? Hella fun, I'm glad you sent me. I secured the deal in case you're wondering, kicked Sanchez's motherfucking ass but not before breaking each of his finger for grabbing my ass before he found out who I was. You should have seen the look on his face when he pissed himself," she sighed dreamily. That was the reason why everyone on the estate thinks she was a psychopath like Nicolai. Though if you asked her how she felt about other people talking shit about her, she would knee them. Timor was the prime example of that one. She continued, "Everything is according to what you wished for, oh great, Pakhan."

"Haha hilarious," I deadpanned while checking my watch. "I'll be home in about an hour or two. Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm a bit jetlagged so I'll make myself something and knock the fuck out anyways," she affirmed while humming lowly to herself. "You owe me a game tomorrow while we catch up."

"Deal."

"Have fun, and I can't wait to meet Mrs. Sokoloff soon," she snickered on the other line.

I rolled my eyes before hitting the end button and looked up at the sky. The silence was always something I found to be comforting, peaceful, and calming. As a child, I was always angry. Whenever something felt too much, Mother would hold me close and made me gaze stars with her. I'd squint my eyes in an effort to make out what she saw and for a moment, I tried to do the same.

That was short lived when Anastasia came barreling out the back with Timor by her side. She was panting heavily, her eyes filled with panic as she held up her dress so she could run further with her heels clutched close around her fists. I immediately tensed, meeting her half away. In the back of my mind, I should have known everything would fall away without me there, but I had assumed I could take a breather for fifteen minutes at least. She gripped onto my arms, as I stared down at her. My heart plummeted. "What's wrong?"

"Gedeon, you have to put an end because no one else would," she gasped out. "Please."

"What the fuck is going on," I turned to Timor in hopes he would better explain things.

"Sofia angered Vlad and he started to make a scene; no one tried to intervene because he's drunk again. Dove also got –"

I didn't let him finish. Letting go of Anastasia like I was possessed, I stormed right back into the building. I knew it was a bad idea, it was like leaving a flightless bird in front of vultures, but I assume that everyone would be on their best behavior.

Clearly not.

I didn't even have enough time to even analyzed why the fuck did I even care. I didn't, though the mere thought of something laying hands of what was mine enraged me to no end.

My eyes immediately scanned the room to find a small crowd of people whispering to one another yet refused to do anything. My eyes narrowed to slits; a small growl ripped through my throat. I should have known, expected them to even, not care when Sofia or Dove was in trouble. Afterall, they were the outsider.

I stride towards them while some watch from afar, trying to see how this will all unfold.

"Who the fuck you think you are to try intervening between our families, Italian dog?" Vlad's voice slurred soon as I was close enough to try making sense of what was happening. There was without even a doubt that Dove wouldn't have picked a fight, but what she did to trigger Vlad to act out is a different story. Aleksei was crouching down next to Dove, his hand on her back while she was holding Sofia close who was holding her stomach protectively. Vlad stumbled closer to them, pointing his anger in anger. "Do you know your damn place? Everyone is scared to say anything to you in front of Gedeon but he's not here to protect your ass now."

"Are you hurt?" Dove asked in a whisper, completely ignoring Vlad.

"Are you fucking listening to me?!" he seethed. Everyone around them took a step back and while Dove flinched, she continued to ignore him. Her attention focused solely on Sofia, someone that no one dared to ever stand up for. She wasn't family, just a mistress.

I watched Aleksei stand up, his lips screwed into one of irritation. "Vlad, you're drunk."

"What the fuck that got to do with anything? Why are you protecting her? An enemy? Let's be honest, Gedeon is just going to wait for the right moment to send her straight to hell anyways," he laughed.

"I'm warning you," Aleksei growled, placing a hand in front of Dove, stopping Vlad from getting closer between the two on the floor. "Shut the fuck up."

"Maybe after he's done using her as his little fuck toy," Vlad continued to spat out, drawing in more of a crowd. Many didn't look surprised by his outburst. "I wouldn't mind giving her a go. I bet she likes being treated roughly. All Italian dogs are the same, I would know. I've had them myself, shoved my cock while they begged for their lives. I said if they obeyed me, I'll let them live after. Always get them."

"Vlad, stop, final warning before I kick your ass," Aleksei warned, pulling Dove close to him. "Gedeon said no one's allowed to lay a hand on her."

"So? Someone has to discipline her. Sofia is supposed to stay by my side, not chatting up a damn storm with an Italian whore. I haven't even punished her yet," he barked out, his nose flaring while he finally lunged in, trying to make a grab for Sofia.

Before I could intervene, Dove broke away from Aleksei's hold and placed herself between the two. She yelped in pain, and my heart felt a sharp aching pain like I was in her shoes. Her eyes seemed to find mine in that moment and the next thing I knew, I was seeing red.

My fist snapped out soon as I got close enough, ripping his hands off of her.

Everyone around us gasped before shouting proceeded. I didn't give a fuck and I knew no one would try to intervene between me and whoever I had a problem with. My hand was throbbing while I continued to smash my first onto Vlad's face in pure rage. He didn't even put up much of a fight until I grabbed him by the collar. "Are you done talking about my fucking wife like that?"

All I got was a groan out of his already bloodied face.

The sight excited me, knowing I had that much power over him. I'll make him pay.

"Vlad, I'm saying this once. Get the fuck out and never come back again." I said, gritting my teeth hard. My nose flared and for once, I let my anger become unkempt. It had done long enough and what Vlad did just now was the breaking point. "You're lucky that's all you're getting for the shit you've pulled the past few years."

"You can't do that, I'm fucking family," he protested weakly, his eyes widening to the best of his ability.

"No, you're not. You are no longer considered to be my family for almost slapping my wife, which I have to remind all you motherfuckers that she's your damn queen. You hurt her, I'll kill you. She asks for it, then her words are absolute. Do you know why?" I gritted out. "Because she's mine."

"You're choosing to defend an Italian of all people? A Genovese? I rather have a bullet in my head then bow down to someone who defends them," he spat out.

"That's a fucking great idea," I said, monotone. Without blinking, I grabbed my pistol from where I had tucked it, aiming first at his arm that grabbed Dove. I fired with ease. He howled in pain, the blood splattering onto the floor and onto my suit and hand.

Beautiful.

People gasped around us in horror, but I didn't give a shit. Now, I cocked my head to the side while digging the gun into his forehead. Finally, fear filled his eyes while I had a ghost smile creeping up my lips. "Anything you want to say before I send you straight to Hell?"

"P-Please—"

A second later from me pulling the trigger, someone soft hits my back and it didn't take a genius to find out who it was. Her tiny arms wrapped around my frame from the back, trying to pull up from him.

"Get the fuck off me, sweetheart."

I felt her shaking her head like a little brat she was, burying herself deeper into the back of my suit as she mumbled lightly, "You can't kill him."

"He fucking laid his hands on you," I growled out. "And Sofia."

"Yes, but no one deserves to die here, please," she whispered, pulling away as I craned my neck to watch her. Her eyes were becoming like a drug that made me lose all common sense. Her lips quivered as she sagged her shoulders. "Please don't kill a family member."

My eyes fell right back onto Vlad who was watching us, his whole body shaking. "Apologize."

"What?" he asked, uncertain.

"Apologize to my wife, your Queen, and I'll let you live, but I don't want to see your face ever again," I snarled, turning to the Roman family who was watching me, expressionless. "Vlad is exiled from this day onwards. He's no longer family to either of us. Do we have a problem?"

They shook their head, bowing their head down in a submissive matter.

Because I was their leader and they trusted me when I said I knew what was best.

"You're not going to defend me?" he squeaked, his eyes widening. "Mary?"

"I'm sorry," she whispered, turning away in shame.

"You have three seconds to apologize and five seconds to get the fuck out my sight," I warned, getting up from him. "I'm going to warn you, if I find out you're trying to communicate with them in anyway, and you know damn well I will, you're fucking dead. Stay away from everyone, and don't come in contact with Sofia again either."

"I'm sorry," he said through gritted teeth, his hands balling into a fist as he picked himself off the floor in fire pain. His hand goes straight to where the bullet was seeping blood.

"It's okay," she whispered, looking away.

It wasn't, but Dove's stupid doe fear filled eyes wasn't something I wasn't to deal with right now. Everyone watched silently as he made his way out of the doors before their eyes landed back on me, wary of what to do next.

"Everyone can resume the party. I'm going to take a smoke," I demanded, tucking away my gun. "I don't want anyone to follow me outside either. When I come back, we're going to carry on."

With that said, I turned and left.

What will Dove do next? 

Gah...I'm on the fence with that one!

What did you Beautiful people think of this chapter?

Any comment and votes would be great!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 7.5K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...
45.4M 285K 22
The Mafia and His Angel, a love story of a lifetime - a love story between two broken souls yet they found peace in each other. #1 in romance, with...
33.6K 766 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
98K 1.7K 25
They couldn't be together. But god did they want to be. ••• "What do you get?" I asked. His lips curled up and I felt him give me the worst grin of...