Meet Me Halfway||Vkook

Per itsseokjinnieee

Sequel to Private Island ✨ *DO NOT READ this book unless you have already read and finished Private Island... Més

♡ NOTE ♡
~Prologue~
Ch.1: Never Not
Ch.2: For the Lover That I Lost
Ch.3: Another Love
Ch.4: Honeymoon Fades
Ch.5: Reflections
Ch.6: Demente
Ch.7: X
Ch.8: Technicolour Beat
Ch.9: Two Young Hearts
Ch.10: Meet Me Halfway
Ch.11: Stay
Ch.12: Your Eyes Tell
Ch.13: Sweet Night
Ch. 14: Infinity
Ch. 15: W.D.Y.W.F.M?
Ch.16: Given-Taken
Ch.17: Sing Me to Sleep
Ch.18: Faded
Ch.19: F'real Luv
Ch.20: Youngblood
Ch.21: Just Can't Get Enough
Ch.22: Love Looks Better
Ch.23: Take Me to the Sky
Ch.24: Somewhere Only We Know
Ch.25: Euphoria
Ch.26: Blue & Grey
Ch.28: Fire on Fire
Ch.29: Life Goes On
Ch. 30: Lights Down Low
~Epilogue~

Ch.27: Edge of Seventeen

80 6 4
Per itsseokjinnieee

"The clouds never expect it when it rains
But the sea changes colours
But the sea does not change
So with the slow, graceful flow of age
I went forth with an age old desire to please
On the edge of seventeen
Just like the white winged dove"

—Edge of Seventeen
by Stevie Nicks

🥀

"Tell me bitch" Mr.Kim said as he yanked Kim Jennie's hair back.

"Why would I? You can't kill me, you know that" she snapped.

She was currently strapped in a chair in the middle of a dark room, only her and Mr.Kim and as hard she tried to keep a straight, unbothered face, in the inside she was dying slowly. Her fears finally coming true in a raw form.

"Just tell me where he went and what he's planning and I'll let you go."

"My daddy and you will both go down so easily, it's only a matter of time" she said calmly despite her chest rising up and down, patches of blue and purple decorating her pretty skin in the form of bruises, burgundy blood falling from her cheeks and lip.

"Oh yeah?" Mr.Kim mocked, a psychotic fire burning inside his eyes, "bring them in."

Jennie frowned but her eyes slightly widened once she saw her three best friends getting pulled forcefully towards the middle of the room where the dim lightning showed their fragile state.

"Lisa, Jisoo, and Rosé" Mr.Kim chuckled darkly "beautiful girls huh? Wonder what we could do to them right in front of you."

"W-what's wrong with you?" Jennie screamed and shook her head aggressively.

Kim lost patience at her shrieking and slapped her again with a leather belt, making the three girls in the back flinch, but none of them could say anything as their mouths were taped and their wrists tied up.

"It'd be easier if you just cooperated" Mr.Kim growled. Jennie whimpered, finally letting all her walls fall, she could never let anything happen to her girls, even if she had to betray good people.

"What do you wanna know?" She whispered faintly while looking down. She couldn't feel her legs anymore due to the pain she was experiencing, she couldn't move. She felt dead.

"Tell me what he's planning and the name of the person he loves the most" he said "I know he loved this girl named Hwang Yeji when he was younger, is it still her? Because you obviously couldn't satisfy him enough to want you."

Jennie rolled her eyes and laughed, she found it amusing how this man was the devil incarnate. Thinking that his own son is even into girls at this point, ironic.

"And don't lie, if you do then I'll make sure to haunt you down and make you watch as I kill every single person you love."

Jennie heard the girls in the back whimpering, some from fear, anger, and pain.

She sighed and nodded slowly.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook, your son isn't into girls anymore Kim, he's into boys" she said firmly, but with every word spoken she felt like her heart was clenching and her breath running out.

"Impossible!"

"Why?" She laughed dryly.

Mr.Kim stayed quiet, anger rising in his veins.

"Tell me his plan" he finally said and so Jennie told him everything, all so she could save herself and her friends. Probably not a valid choice but one that needed to be made as Kim Jennie has grown up alone and in fear so she made a pact with herself to always put her own first. And that's exactly what she did.

That's how the malicious Kim found out about his son's plan a few hours before he could execute them.

"Thank you, my Killer Queen" he whispered and touched her burning cheek, she tried wriggling away and kicking, but that just made Mr.Kim laugh evilly.

Soon enough she was let go with no more harm done. Jisoo, Rosé, Lisa, and Jennie ran away before anyone could realize what had happened, gathering up all their jewels and belongings to stay rich.

They booked a flight to Switzerland, planning to never come back ever again.

...

"Bye Baekhyun! Bye Jimin!" Jungkook yelled as he waved. That day he only had classes with them while everyone else was doing their own thing. Jungkook walked alone through the campus of Seoul National University, the lights started getting dim as he noticed he was walking in a darker side of the urban campus.

He shivered with cold and rubbed his hands up and down his arms to try to stay warm, walking rapidly to gain some heat until he felt something weird.

That feeling again.

The familiar yet eerie feeling that left his heart pounding against his chest, he felt it before and now he's feeling it again.

Someone's watching.

He turned around, hoping— no, begging to find Baekhyun and Jimin about to jump on him, to scare him but his heart dropped when there was no one on sight.

He was completely alone.

Jungkook whimpered mindlessly and walked even faster, he frantically looked around but there was no one to be seen, only some cars parked nearby. Black cars.

He shook his head at the memory of the black SUVs or Mercedes Benz that kidnapped him once before. Taehyung is taking care of stuff now, there's no way—

Then Jungkook remembered he was supposed to stay in Taehyung's home, the only place his father couldn't find him in. Seeing his family and friends again caused Jungkook to completely forget about his promise and now his carelessness was coming back as some kind of karma.

He pushed the fearful thoughts aside and crossed a road, still in the campus where he got near a dark alleyway mindlessly.

As soon as he felt fingers wrap around his wrists, the familiar smell of anesthesia, and the dark fabric around his eyes; his heart shattered. Knowing he failed again.

Unkept promises, that is.

Last thing he knew, he was being pulled inside a car and heard someone yell "drive", his mind going dark and fuzzy as he drifted to a deep sleep.

...

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly only to be met by darkness, tho he could only spot some stuff through the tiny holes in the thin fabric.

His tried moving but his wrists and ankles were tied to where he was sitting, he smelled the stench of chemicals. And soon enough he realized that he was moving, he was inside a moving vehicle.

His muscles ached and his head was pounding but all he cared about was his family, how they'd react to him going missing again.

"Where am I?" He spoke up only for someone to put tape on his lips.

He heard men mumbling some curses at him in Korean, but something else he heard were the soft whimpers of someone, they sounded female-like, soft and high pitched.

There was a girl sitting next to him and crying silently.

After a while the car stopped and the people inside went out, probably for the bathroom or something. Jungkook took the opportunity to blow away the tape on his mouth which was moist with his saliva, it took him about an hour to do that. He then shook his head and used his shoulders to take away the blindfold and once he did and his doe eyes adjusted to the bright light he saw a familiar face.

"Yeji?" Jungkook whispered.

The girl whined desperately and started wriggling.

"Hey, hey calm down please" Jungkook begged softly "they can hear us."

The girl stayed still and nodded softly.

"I'm gonna have to use my mouth to take away you blindfold" he warned her nicely and the girl stilled as Jungkook leaned closer and used his bunny-like (sorry lmao) teeth to pull it down.

He gasped upon seeing none other than Hwang Yeji, Taehyung's childhood bestfriend in front of him, her skin wet with tears and eyes puffy red.

"Yeji? What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked and the girl looked down to the tape over her mouth.

"Oh right, yeah spit on it until it gets wet and then blow it away."

She did so and in a second the tape was falling partly from her mouth.

"I thought the same thing too, have been gathering saliva from my dry mouth to take it off" she whispered breathlessly.

"Yeji, are you alright?" Jungkook worried.

"I'm fine, just a little lightheaded and hungry and cold and scared and no— I'm not fine" she choked up the last part, tears slipping past her dragon-like brown eyes.

"Hey, hey it's okay, Yeji you'll be fine" he whispered, trying to give some comfort.

"I'm sorry, are you okay tho?" She whimpered as she sniffled.

"I'm fine, the same as you but we'll get through this" he assured.

"Why are we even here? Who are those men? What do they want from us? Are we gonna get killed?" She asked.

"Oh my god if my agency or the public finds out about this I don't know what would happen, they'd have to hide it I guess and I probably won't be able to perform in ITZY anymore and my parents will get so sad if I don't make it— and Hyunjin! No he can't— we're twins, we're so close we can't be apart! Jungkook I can't die" she talked rapidly, more sobs escaping her mouth.

"Yeji you're not gonna die" Jungkook stopped her before she continued rambling on.

"Why are we here? What are they gonna do to us?" She choked out again.

Jungkook gulped, he didn't know whether to tell Yeji about Taehyung or not, he didn't know what would be the best but he needed to calm her down.

"I don't know" he said because he truly didn't know why Yeji was here and what's gonna happen to them. Did she really mean that much to Taehyung that Mr.Kim had to kidnap her too? An idol?

"I need tea and a face mask" she whispered "I wanna go home."

"Me too" Jungkook sighed while trying to untangle the ropes in his wrists but all it was doing was breaking his skin.

The men came back but didn't bother to use a blindfold or tape again. They sat there quietly in the back of a car.

Yeji had her head up even if her eyes were teary and Jungkook was thinking of ways to escape but there didn't seem any. It went on like this for a few more hours. Until they heard gunshots.

Jungkook's fist clenched in terror and Yeji paled.

"What's going on?" She whispered in shock.

"Shut up" the man said and the rest opened the windows to start shooting back.

Jungkook saw men falling off the window from getting shot in the head or chest, he could see the fire shots in the night and his heart clenched upon guessing who could be the person shooting these men.

Out of nowhere, the car abruptly stopped as the car in front of them exploded in flames.

"Holy shit" Jungkook whispered as he saw and heard the explosion in front of them, the vehicle they were in applied pressure to the brakes and both Yeji and Jungkook fell down to the floor from its force.

Jungkook immediately looked over a Yeji who had a small wound in her head and had fainted.

"Yeji? Yeji wake up" Jungkook whispered yelled. The rest of the men got out of the car and the two victims were left alone inside of it.

Taehyung stopped his motorcycle and clutched his wounded arm tightly to try to stop the blood flow.

He saw the men getting out with more firearms and immediately shot them like the dummies he used to shoot at in training sessions. He ignore the fact that these were real people, he tried his best to forget the first time he killed a man, he had to do this. All for Jungkook and Yeji who were completely innocent, the latter being completely oblivious to what was even going on.

He shot the men and avoided their bullets until there was only one left, the others being burned to death in the explosion or passed out from pain or actually killed.

"Well look at that! You finally became a man" Dong-hae, the man that was in charge of kidnapping Jungkook and Taehyung more than a year ago, said. He started it all. He's the one who also made Taehyung kill for the first time.

Taehyung froze, his gun still pointed at his head with shaky hands and a tight paling grip as he stared at the man.

"What are you waiting for? Aren't you gonna shoot me?" He mocked.

Jungkook managed to untie his hands and he untied Yeji's, face palming her rapidly with his two cold hands to try to get her to wake up.

"Come on Yeji, we gotta go" he cried frustratingly.

"Why are you doing this? Why is it always you and my father?" Jungkook heard Taehyung yell in anger, his voice shaking slightly as he practically growled at him.

"Taehyung" Jungkook whispered faintly, his eyes tearing up upon hearing his voice again.

Yeji immediately woke up, gasping for breath as she sat up.

"Yeji? You alright?" Jungkook knew that was a dumb question.

"I'm fine, did we escape?" She innocently asked.

"Almost, there's only one bad man alive, we gotta go" he smiled to tried to comfort her and hide his nervousness.

Jungkook and Yeji stood up and slowly got off the black van. Taehyung's eyes dilated once he spotted the two, alive and well, at least well enough to walk.

"Funny how you say it's always your father and I" Donghae snickered "haven't you noticed? We're both the same person to you in reality."

It took a second for Taehyung to take in his words, her frowned and clenched his jaw.

"What do you mean?" He yelled.

"You should know that your father is not your real father" he laughed "your mother is a whore Taehyung, and not even your father knows that you're not actually his child but me and hers. . . We both know you're actually mine."

"You're demented" Taehyung sneered.

"Oh yeah? Surprise surprise, your father and I are brothers Taehyung, so technically you're still related to him but not the way as us two are related."

Taehyung widened his eyes, if he was right then he's about to kill his own father.

"I made you grow up, got you back to Korea where you belong, watched over your training, and even helped you kill a life."

"Doesn't matter, you're as bad as him" Taehyung shook his head. His hands getting sweaty as the angle of the gun faltered.

Jungkook and Yeji were right behind Donghae witnessing everything.

He clicked his gun. Ready to shoot the man that started it all.

But Donghae made a swift movement and got behind Jungkook, pointing his gun at him as he held Yeji by her arm, who tried to escape.

The way the gun was positioned was enough to destroy both Jungkook's and Yeji's heads that were positioned together by force.

"Do it Taehyung" Donghae smiled psychotically "do it and I'll kill them both, a life for two lives."

"Taehyung" Jungkook whimpered, deathly fear starting to get to him as Yeji sobbed quietly.

Taehyung shook his head and put his gun down.

"Don't shoot them, shoot me" he said and dropped his gun, slowly walking towards Donghae.

He remembered something, a trick which he was taught by Jackson Wang himself, except that back then it was a fake gun, Donghae witnessing that one training session which Taehyung failed at, causing him to get beaten up again by the old man.

"Let them go" Taehyung spoke up, anger rising in his eyes as he widened them.

Now that he was near, Jungkook could see blood gushing out of Taehyung's left arm, his eyes widening and heart stopping once he realized that he got shot.

Donghae eyed him suspiciously for a second before releasing his grip on both Jungkook and Yeji, who fell onto the floor in shock.

Jungkook kneeled down next to her and they both turned to see Taehyung in front of Donghae, he had his gun pointed at the younger, right in the middle of his forehead, the cold metal pressing up against his skin.

Jungkook shut his eyes tightly and grabbed onto his own clothes as his fists clenched on them.

"It's over" Taehyung whispered and in one rapid movement he grabbed the arm that was holding the gun while bending Donghae's other arm behind his back as he stood behind him pouting the gun at Donghae's own head.

"Tae!" Jungkook yelled in surprise and Yeji covered her mouth.

"Now kill me" Donghae laughed maniacally.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and Yeji sadly. It was obvious he really didn't wanna do it.

"Do it, kill your father" the man spit.

Jungkook nodded at Taehyung, silently letting him know that it's okay, to do what he needs to do. He turned around and whispered at Yeji to cover her ears and close her eyes.

"I hate you for turning me into this" Taehyung said angrily, "stay in hell."

He pressed the trigger and shut his eyes tightly as Donghae fell onto the floor. Dead.

Taehyung gasped and started hyperventilating, he had blood on his face and hands now. He dropped the gun to the floor and noticed the small puddles of blood that formed from the place he stood in.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled and ran up to him, Yeji sat there still shocked, her eyes fixating on the dead bodies around her.

"Jungkook" Taehyung said as he fell down the floor.

"No no no no" Jungkook whispered in frustration as he eyed the wound.

"This was not supposed to happen" he continued and took off his jacket to tie it up around Taehyung's arm tightly, cutting off the circulation so he doesn't lose more blood.

"I'm sorry Kookie, I'm so sorry" Taehyung whispered with puppy eyes as he looked up at Jungkook who was kneeling beside him.

He used his other hand to wipe away the streams of tears Jungkook's pretty eyes were letting out.

The younger pouted and cried silently, holding Taehyung's cold hand that was over his cheek as his thumbs swiped away his tears.

"Tae stop apologizing, this is not your fault, you're gonna get better" Jungkook whimpered.

"Jungkook! Taehyung!" Yeji said and the couple turned their heads to the strong white headlights in front of them, signaling cars and unknown people that were coming near them in the zone between North Korea and South Korea.

...

"You think this is gonna work?" Mark deadpanned.

"It better" Johnny scoffed as he fixed his earrings.

"Gosh no we do look like women" Mark whined.

"Correction! Pretty women" Johnny snickered and Mark hit his arm.

"This better be the last time we do this for Taehyung— I, for sure will never be doing this again."

Johnny looked at himself in the mirror, pretty long black wavy wig with layers of makeup on. He wore a nice dress and high heels, making him look even more taller than he already is.

"I look so pretty! I should be a cross dresser" Johnny said excitedly, fixing his fillers to make it look like he has boobs and a nice round butt.

"What if these fall off?" Mark panicked.

"Then we better get outta there real quick."

Mark sighed and fixed his own brown wig, his makeup intact and short dress on that showed his newly-shaven legs. He also wore high heels but had a hard time walking with them while Johnny strutted in them like a proper Queen— King— both.

"Has Taehyung ever told you that your eyes are very similar to Jungkook's precious pretty eyes?" Johnny asked and Mark glared at him.

"Are you calling me pretty?" Mark grumbled.

"Nah uh I'm the prettiest one here" Johnny joked and flipped his wig and Mark hit his arm again.

"Okay but no for real— your eyes are all doe and nice and big, pretty similar to JK's."

"Probably, Tae has never told me that but it could be because 1. It's weird, 2. It's hella weird" Mark said as he fixed his fake boobs.

"Okay but maybe that's why you two got so close in the first place, maybe he didn't notice it, but seeing someone who has a similar feature to somebody you love may make them trust you blindly."

"Taehyung did trust me from the beginning with no questions asked" Mark nodded softly, remembering the day he first saw him, a whole mess after being ripped apart from Jungkook.

He's the one who found his camera and passed it to him on the plane to Korea, he's the one who protected him from bullies in the Kim Mansion by lying for him, he's the one who made sure for Taehyung to stay okay, to stay alive, as Johnny also helped him too but in a more subtle way.

"I feel bad for him, all the things he had to go through, all the things he lost" Johnny said which snapped Mark away from his ongoing memories.

"You're right" Mark agreed "which is why we gotta do this for him."

"Yes sir" Johnny saluted him.

"Is Jackson ready?"

"Lemme check" Johnny said and text him, he got a positive answer immediately, "all ready."

They were both now walking out of their rooms in the Kim Mansion, they secretly followed the directions they got from maids to find the whereabouts of Taehyung's mother.

But the way to it seemed much longer and risky than it sounded.

That said, Mark tripped at least twenty times and fell flat on his face ten times before they got to their destination.

"Oh my god these heels are killing me" Mark whined.

"Walk with grace, Marinette" Johnny rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Joanna" Mark snapped.

"Who's there?" A guard said, Mark and Johnny hurriedly fixed themselves, Johnny fixing his falling wig and Mark fixing his fake, cotton filled boobs.

"Oooo hi there good sir" Johnny said in a high pitched voice and sauntered over to the man, moving his hips vigorously, "I'm Joanna, this is Marinette."

"Marinette here" Mark said in a high pitched voice yet his walk was more awkward and slower than Johnny's.

The guard arched his eyebrow and was about to speak when Johnny cut him off.

"We're concubines heEheEheE" he said and grabbed his red air fan, fanning his face cutely.

"Ah I see" the guard nodded and let them go inside a room where two guards stood in front of a door.

"Here to see Mr.Kim? He's not in this room, this place is off limits" the guard inside said.

"Oh but we're not here for Mr.Kim" Johnny said in an airy voice and Mark cringed, trying his best to stop himself from face palming in embarrassment.

"Then?"

Johnny looked over at Mark and widened his eyes, signaling him to talk.

"We're here for you" Mark said in a high pitched voice as he almost choked in air.

"Really?" The man smirked.

Mark nervously giggled, he tried his best to sound cute but he actually sounded like a dying whale as he tried to flirt with two ugly men hiding the boss's dirty secret.

Johnny blinked cutely and Mark finally saw that the plan was going well as Jackson Wang whispered in their ear piece "I'm inside."

Mark looked up at the vent and saw Jackson crawl inside it. All Johnny and Mark needed to do is keep the guards busy so they don't go in and check on Taehyung's mother.

"Look at those muscles" Mark said and squeezed the man's shoulder, slowly dying inside.

Kim Taehyung, you'll pay for this.

"Oh wow! Your mustache is so— attractive" Johnny giggled.

Jackson heard that in the vents and started laughing softly, he kept on crawling inside until he got to a dark room.

"This must be it" he whispered to himself.

He opened the vent carefully, trying his best not to make a sound, and went down, jumping towards the floor like a cat.

"Hello? Ms.Kim? Kim Yujin?" Jackson whispered as walked slowly with his phone flashlight.

"Who's calling?" He heard a brittle, female voice say.

"Kim Yujin, is that you?"

"Yes"

Jackson wang turned his flashlight to a corner in the room, his breath hitching upon the sight in front of him.

~ ~ ~

About the Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks, as I said before, every song in the chapters of this story are here for a reason, they either inspired me to write scenes in this story or helped with the overall meaning.

It's the pearls and the gorgeous eyes for me

Cute pics UwU

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

143K 5.3K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
287K 13.9K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
1M 39.4K 83
Ceo Jeon being a single dad who is not interested in a relationship meets the cute little..... It's a vkook ff *completed* The story contains: 🤬 s...
10.8K 416 16
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! CONTAINS: #MPREG #B×B #JIKOOK #BOY VIRGINAL #ABUSE #BOY PERIOD #BOTTOMJIMIN #TOPJUNGKOOK #NO SMUT #COMPLETED PLEASE READ AT...