Business to Pleasure (EDITING)

By FaithThaWritaaa

Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the... More

Copyright Β© 2019
Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
A/N
26
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

25

1.5K 29 6
By FaithThaWritaaa

December 25th, 2015, Christmas Day, 8:37am

Mahlani

I woke up to constant knocking on the door. I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was in the guest bedroom. All the memories from last night flooded my mind and I rolled my eyes. I got up and opened the door seeing Aubrey standing at the door with a big smile on his face. I wanted to smile so bad but I kept a straight face.

"Merry Christmas." He said kissing my forehead.

"Merry Christmas, now how may I help you?" I asked walking into the bathroom and grabbing the toothbrush.

"Why have you been acting..different?" He asked me following me into the bathroom. I chuckled and shook my head starting to brush my teeth.

"Oh I have? I didn't notice." I said sarcastically. I finished brushing my teeth and washed my face.

"Mahlani." He said sighing.

"Aubrey." I said with a straight face and placing on my moisturizer.

"Talk to me, please just sit down and talk to me." He said grabbing my hand. I snatched my hand away and sat on the bed.

"I don't like the fact, that we threw a whole Christmas Eve party and you were up in Robyn's ass the whole time. If you ever came to hang out with me it was for 5 minutes and it was right back to little Ms.Robyn." I said folding my arms.

"Mahlani..I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think you're overreacting. We were just catching up." I started laughing.

"You don't think it's that big of a deal? Really Aubrey? If that's the case let me call Kenneth and invite him over to hang out with us- well me." I grabbed my phone off the dresser and unlocked it going to my block list.

"Lani, no." Aubrey said grabbing my phone and placing it in his pocket.

"I just don't get how you don't see it's a big deal. You were literally hanging out with your ex the whole time. It was basically fuck me. You were even flirting with her. You can't sit here and lie to my face and say that you wouldn't feel any type of way if I invited Kenneth and was with him the whole time and flirting with him. Especially after he did me, you would be heated, now would you or would you not?" I asked trying not to get emotional, but we all know that failed.

"I would. I'm sorry Lani. I didn't know you felt that way. Please forgive me baby it won't happen again I promise. From now on, if I'm with her or talk to her, it'll be strictly business. You and the baby are my priority. Trust me. I love you both so much, I don't want to lose you." Aubrey said wiping away my tears and I gave him a small smile.

"I forgive you Aubrey. I love you too and you better keep your promise." I said pointing my finger at him. He kissed my lips and brought me into a hug.

"Now let's go open some gifts and I got another little gift for you later." He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. I bit my lip and we walked out the room going downstairs. I was greeted by Koi and DeMun.

"Good morning." They both said with smiles.

"Good morning." I said returning the smile while Aubrey did the same. I sat on the floor and we all started to open up gifts. I handed Aubrey his gifts and smiled. I hope he'll love them.

"Merry Christmas baby." I said kissing his cheek.

"Lani, you didn't have to." He said smiling.

"Oh but I had to." I said smiling even harder. He opened the first gift which was his favorite champagne.

"You know me so well." He said smiling. "I can't wait to drink this tonight."

"I wish I could drink some." I said pouting.

"I'll drink for you." He said making us both laugh. He opened the next gift which was an art painting. He widened his eyes smiling down at it. "Lani..I-" He couldn't even spit out his words which was so funny to me.

"Yes?" I asked laughing.

"I love it." He said smiling and kissing my lips repeatedly.

"I knew you would." I said happily. Finally, he was on the last gift. He unwrapped it and opened the box revealing a medallion chain with a picture of us on it in the front and on the back, it was a sonogram picture of peanut that had "Hi Daddy!" on it. I saw tears in his eyes and I placed my hand over my heart. "Aubreyyy." I said dragging out his name and pulling him into me for a hug. Koi was of course, snapping pictures smiling.

"Thank you." He whispered in my ear making me smile while I rubbed his back.

"You're welcome baby." I said kissing his cheek. We pulled away from the hug and he started handing me bags.

"Aubrey..." I said in disbelief as he continued to surround me around bags.

"What? It's just a few gifts." He said putting down the last gift, which was the biggest. I laughed and shook my head grabbing the first gift. I opened it seeing a YSL handbag and I smiled in awe.

"Thank you Aubrey." I said smiling and kissing his cheek.  I opened a few more of the gifts and got a Saks Pott coat, a Cartier bracelet and necklace, a lot of clothes from many designer places (that's what most of the bags were), and a Luxury Set from Dior. There were a few gifts left that Aubrey wanted me to open last.

"Alright which one do you want me to open first?" I asked him. He grabbed the big box and handed it to me.

"This one." He said smiling. I opened it and saw a puppy and I smiled.

"Aubrey you didn't!" I said picking up the puppy and petting her.

"I did." He said making me squeal a little.

"She's so cute." I cooed as she snuggled in my arms. She was an Akita and the cutest. "I think we should name her Diamond." I said smiling while Koi and DeMun played with her.

"I like that name." He said smiling and kissing my lips. "Okay now open this one." He said handing me a small box. I unwrapped it opening it seeing a key.

"Aubrey."

"Mahlani."

"Aubrey!" I said tilting my head.

"Mahlani!"

"I'm going to fight you." I said while he helped me to stand up leading me outside. I looked and saw a White 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 with a big red bow on top. Tears formed in my eyes. I turned around hugged Aubrey crying into his chest.

"Thank you Aubrey." I said. He pulled away from the hug and wiped away my tears smiling.

"Always." He said kissing my lips. I turned around unlocked the door getting inside. Koi got in the passengers side and we just looked around.

"I can't wait to decorate it." I said squealing and getting out of the car.

"Wait!" Koi said yelling. I opened the door back up. "Let's take it for a test drive, pleaseeeee." She said batting her eyelashes.

"Okay okay fine." I said. "WE'LL BE BACK!" I yelled to Aubrey waving. I got in the car and started it up adjusting my seat. I drove out of the driveway and out of the gate. I turned on some music and we started dancing and singing loudly. After 10 minutes of driving, I drove back to the house and we got out the car.

"Shit I got to pee." Koi said running to the front door and going in while I laughed. I got to the door and opened it seeing balloons on the floor.

"What is going on?" I mumbled to myself. I walked in the living room and saw my family, Aubrey's family, and some of my other friends standing around with their phones out and big smiles on their faces.

"What..?" I mumbled to myself. I turned around and saw Aubrey on one knee and my eyes widened. He smiled grabbing my hand.

"Took you long enough to notice." He said playfully making me and the others laugh. "Mahlani I love you so much. When you came into my life, I knew you were the one for me. You're so kind, gentle, and sweet. You care for me more than I care for my own self and I love you so much for that. I'm so thankful that I get to wake up next to you everyday, that I get to be by your side and wipe away your tears and make you laugh instead of cry—" He stopped and whispered "Can I say it?" He asked smiling big. I laughed and nodded my head. "That I get to watch your stomach grow as the baby grows, and most of all, I'm thankful to just be by your side and do everything with you." He pulled out a black box and opened it.

"This isn't an engagement ring, it's a promise ring. I promise to love you forever, to only have eyes for you, and I promise to replace this ring with a wedding ring." He said as tears fell to my eyes.

He slipped the ring on my finger and stood up hugging me while tears fell from my eyes and everybody clapped and cheered. We pulled away from the hug and kissed and I smiled looking down at my hand. "I love you." I said smiling.

"I love you too." He said kissing my forehead. Everybody ran over to us and started hugging and congratulating us. Koi came over by me while holding Diamond.

"Girl I didn't even get to see your reaction opening your gifts cause Aubrey stole the whole show." I said playfully while laughing.

"Lani it's fine, I already opened them last night when you were sleep."

"What?" I said in shock.

"Here you and Aubrey take a picture with Diamond." She said handing me the puppy. We posed for the pictures and afterwards I checked the time seeing it was only 10:15am.

"Aubrey, I didn't get to cook anything. What are we going to do about food?" I asked him.

"Don't worry I got it covered." He said winking making me smile.

TBC...

Hey y'all! I am so sorry for not updating in almost 2 months I've been so busy with school and my competitions. I was going to try to update a few chapters during my spring break but, I wasn't able to do so due to me working on my project but I promise to try to update whenever I get free time💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 105 11
Aubrey caught Jaliyah's gaze, a storm of emotions brewing in his eyes. "Jaliyah, I know it's complicated, but I can't shake this feeling! We belong t...
83K 2.5K 49
She thought she would never leave her current "situation-ship" until she met a well known NBA player that changed her mind.
5.8K 241 14
❝ that one girl from 2 years ago, i just hit her, i still kinda wanna see if we'll do better. ❞ tyrese maxey x oc.
2.4K 128 29
17 year old Megan moves from Houston Texas to Oakland California with her mom to be closer to relatives (her best friend also lives there). What happ...