LIKE LIGHTNING | Harry Potter...

Av living_typewriter

When y/n started her 4th year at Hogwarts, she wanted something new. Little did she know that she'd end up fa... Mer

⁕ the beginning ⁕
⁕ just breathe ⁕
⁕ diagon alley ⁕
⁕ ear to ear ⁕
⁕ platform 9 3/4 ⁕
⁕back to school ⁕
⁕ the goblet of fire ⁕
⁕ bite me? ⁕
⁕ cruciatus ⁕
⁕ common room whispers ⁕
⁕ quidditch try outs ⁕
⁕ amortentia ⁕
⁕ you are my student ⁕
⁕ burning parchment ⁕
⁕ after ⁕
⁕ moonlight kisses ⁕
⁕ rita skeeter ⁕
⁕ hogsmeade ⁕
⁕ the first task ⁕
⁕ bliss ⁕
⁕ ballroom dancing ⁕
⁕ white winter ⁕
⁕ prefects bathroom ⁕
⁕ this doesn't change anything ⁕
⁕ ruby ⁕
⁕ the yule ball ⁕
⁕ greatest party of the decade ⁕
⁕ slow burn ⁕
⁕ gillyweed ⁕
⁕ the black lake ⁕
⁕ the second task ⁕
⁕ runny nose ⁕
⁕ too young ⁕
⁕ padfoot returns ⁕
⁕ sunny afternoon ⁕
⁕ fistfight ⁕
⁕ puzzle pieces ⁕
⁕ the midnight stroll ⁕
⁕ the madness of mr. crouch ⁕
☆*: .。.ANNOUCEMENT.。.:*☆
⁕ hospital wing ⁕
⁕ indigo meadow ⁕
⁕ premonitions ⁕
⁕ eavesdropper ⁕
⁕ pranksters ⁕
⁕ the pensieve ⁕
⁕ curiosity is not a sin ⁕
⁕ quatervois ⁕
⁕ behind closed doors ⁕
⁕ the third task ⁕
⁕ the clock is ticking ⁕
⁕ flesh, blood, and bone ⁕
⁕ truth be told ⁕
⁕ the death eaters ⁕
☆*: .。.ANNOUCEMENT.。.:*☆
⁕ the start ⁕
⁕ truth serum ⁕
⁕ veritaserum ⁕
⁕ the end ⁕
⁕ the memorial ⁕
⁕ going home ⁕
⁕ back to privet drive ⁕
⁕ a lie in the petunias ⁕
⁕ dudley gets demented ⁕
⁕ expulsion ⁕
⁕ a letter to harry ⁕
⁕ number twelve grimmauld place ⁕
⁕ silence is very loud ⁕
⁕ severe ⁕

⁕ halcyon ⁕

2.5K 113 90
Av living_typewriter

Although Hermione, Ron, and I were all supposed to be studying for our end-of-year exams, which would conveniently end on the day of the final task, we put most of our efforts into helping Harry prepare. 

"Don't worry about it." I said after Harry had pointed out that he didn't mind practicing on his own. 

"At least we'll get top marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts. We'd never have found out about all these different hexes in class." said Hermione.

"Good training for when we're all Aurors." said Ron excitedly as he attempted the Impediment Curse on a wasp that had buzzed into the room. It stopped dead in midair and fell.

 It was now June and the air was warm enough to strip off our robes and hang out outside in the sunshine. Everyone was buzzing about the upcoming task and it was the only topic going around when they had time to talk between classes. I hadn't considered what I wanted to do when I was older in the wizarding world and I contemplated different scenarios as we walked to the empty Transfiguration classroom to practice some more. 

"I haven't really thought about what I wanted to do when I'm older." I said out loud to the three of them, "I suppose being an Auror wouldn't be so bad. But I've never really seen myself as one." 

"Well, I'm sure you'll find something you like. I certainly won't be an Auror, I was thinking maybe something along the lines of... maybe the head of a department," said Hermione, giving me a smile. 

"Yeah... well, I still have 3 more years to think about everything," I replied. 

Harry had done surprisingly well with all the new spells Hermione had given him. He'd mastered the Impediment Curse, Reductor Curse, and the Four Point Spell, a useful discovery on Hermione's part. It would always make his wand point north, therefore enabling him to check whether he was going in the right direction or not. The only trouble he was having, was on the Shield Charm. It was supposed o cast a temporary invisible wall around him that deflected minor curses. I had managed to shatter it with a Jelly-Legs Jinx, and Harry had wobbled around the room for ten minutes afterward, to my amusement, before we had looked up the counter-jinx. 

"You're doing amazing, Harry." I said encouragingly, looking down at the list of spells that Hermione had found. 

"Some of these are bound to come in handy." she piped up from behind me. 

"Hey, come look at this." Ron said, who was staring at the window and looking down at the grounds. The three of us walked over to where he was standing and saw Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looking like they were keeping lookout; all three of them were smirking. But Malfoy had his hands close to his mouth and was whispering fast into his palms. 

"It looks like he's using a walkie-talkie," said Harry curiously, straining to get a better look at them through the window. 

"It can't be, I've told you. These things don't work around Hogwarts." Hermione said from my left. 

"Come on, let's try that shield charm." I said, hurrying to get away from anything that had to do with Malfoy. 

※※※

Sirius had been sending Harry daily owls now and I rested my head upon Harry's shoulder, reading the newest letter. 

If Voldemort is really getting stronger again, my priority is to ensure your safety. He cannot hope to lay hands on you while you are under Dumbledore's protection, but all the same, take no risks: Concentrate on getting through the maze safely, and then we can turn our attention to other matters.

"He's right you know." I said to Harry and he gave a little huff, knowing that Sirius was already implying that anything happening out of Hogwarts was out of his control. Something that Harry hated. 

As June the twenty-fourth drew closer and closer, Harry had grown more confident in himself. He assured me that he had done everything in his power to prepare for the final task. Something that also reassured me. He said that however well or badly he did, the tournament would be over soon, which would be an enormous relief. 

※※※

It was the night before the final task of the Triwizard Tournament and I sat with my head in Harry's lap; his fingers anxiously twiddling with my hair. It was already late at night and the trio and I were the only ones left awake. Hermione was going through the list of spells with Harry for what seemed to be the fifth hundredth time. Ron was sitting in the armchair next to her, staring at her open-mouthed as she spoke in rapid-fire. 

When she had finally deemed Harry worthy of participating in the Tournament she took a yawn and Ron spoke. 

"You think you're ready, mate?" he asked Harry. 

"I think so." said Harry, rubbing a spot behind his neck. 

"You'll be amazing." I said comfortingly, staring up at his green eyes from below, "I'll be there cheering you on the whole time." 

"Cheering at the green hedges, eh?" he said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes, yes I will." I replied with a smirk. 

Hermione was the first to get up a few minutes later, claiming that she was going to get some rest, their exams were tomorrow and she wanted to be in a great headspace. Ron stayed up with Harry and me for a few more minutes before residing in the boy's dormitories. Clapping Harry on the shoulder before he went up the staircase. 

I sat up from Harry's lap and an idea sprung into my head. I stood up and grabbed my wand from my back pocket. Luckily in the Gryffindor Common Room, there was a record player that could be easily charmed to play almost any song. Harry's eyes followed me around my room until I stood in front of it. 

"You have you're scheming face on." he said with a smile. 

"Scheming? I'd like to think of it as just my thinking face." I said back, giving an even wider smile. I pointed my wand at the record player and a jazzy song came on, one that I would recognize from anywhere. It was my parent's favorite song. I walked towards Harry and stuck out my hand. 

"Care to dance?" I asked. 

"How could I say no." He replied, grabbing my hand and walking around the sofa. I placed my hands around his shoulders, playing with the hair that fell over the back of his neck. His arms wrapped around my waist and I leaned into his chest. Savoring the feel of him. 

"Where'd you hear this song?" he asked me, his breath fanning over my neck. 

"My mum and dad. It's their favorite song. I always see them dance to it." I said to him, looking up. 

"Beautiful." he said and I could tell he wasn't just talking about the song. I blushed and looked down at my feet. The chorus began and we swayed to the tempo, the dying fire sending a glow over the room. Harry spun me and I laughed out loud, sticking my fist into my mouth. We couldn't be too loud, as the rest of the students in Gryffindor Common Room were asleep. Stepping from side to side, I let all the worried thoughts and anxiety seep away from my body, feeling myself relax.

I hummed along to the song, a grin plastered upon my face. Harry looked no different, his eyes shined brighter than I had seen them for a long time and I felt a sort of warm sensation bloom in my stomach. Harry was happy when he was with me. And that was a fact. I let the thought settle into my brain and the warmth in my stomach flowered throughout my entire body. He leaned in and we kissed, still dancing to the music. All thoughts leaving my brain. 

As Hermione and Ron sat down on the balcony overlooking the common room, they couldn't help but smile to themselves. 

"He's whipped, Hermione." said Ron to her. 

"Wow, how observant Ronald." she said back. 

"Oh be quiet." he whispered, staring at her face being illuminated by the little light left in the room. He blushed, looking away.

Ron and Hermione silently agreed that their two best friends had never looked so happy before in their lives. Deciding to leave them be, they quietly watched them dance from above. Not realizing that they were also in fact, perfectly content with each other's company. 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

33.8K 779 63
MATURE AND SMUT WARNING. Finally 4th years!! So much has changed over the summer. Couples, break ups, yuleball, triwizard tournament, love. "I love y...
168K 6.3K 36
A new member has joined the Hogwarts choir during Y/n's fourth year at the school of magic. Having never met the guy, Y/n introduces herself in hopes...
268 2 32
A fanfic that includes and love triangle, hope, loss, fear, friendship, and reality. the years and ages are a bit different. First year starts at 14...
17.1K 649 46
Rachel Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is here. The excitement of going back to learn new spells, play Quidditch a...