Jackine one-shots

By JackKellyscap

I know, I'm really late to the Newsies fandom... this is just a bunch of Jackrine one shots. More

Proposal
Baby Newsies
Help me, please
Pain
Hospital
Break up
Unsure
Baby Newsies 2
What do you think I am?
The Delancey's
Oversized hoodies and snow
Camping
Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?
When it rains, it pours
Slow dancing
Empty promises
I can't do this now
Haunted House
Christmas at the Lodging House
Till midnight
What are you doing
Single beds and lovely mornings
Accidents and Apologies
Can't sleep
Painted bellies and flowers
After the strike
Rag tag Kelly puppies
Your suitor's here
Rooftops and Fairylights
April Fools
Late Night Car Troubles
Fangirls
Birthday
Our mess
Disneyland
Three Little Words
Hide and seek
A run in with the Barrow gang
Cold

Masked faces and hidden lies

198 6 3
By JackKellyscap

I was watching Bridgerton. That is the reason for this monstrosity.

Katherine schooled her features into a tight smile, trying not to let her annoyance show. She set her hands neatly in her nap as her father continued to talk. "But, papa, must we do this?"

"Yes, my daughter, we must." Pulitzer said, sitting down opposite her of the couch.

"Why can't we just do a normal ball? Like everyone else? I don't see why it has to be masked." Katherine implored, biting her tongue to keep her real reason as to why she disliked her fathers idea.

"Because, it will cause more interest." Pulitzer said, standing up and leaving the parlour, signifying the end of the conversation.

Katherine sighed, standing up and leaving for her room. She held a hand out when her maid, Delilah, tried to follow her. "I shall be going out, Delilah. I shan't need accompaniment."

----

Jack looked up as he sold another paper. The Battle of Lake Erie was doing wonders for the papers circulation. He rubbed a mud stained hand over his face and looked around at the square.

His eyes caught the eyes of a young woman who was walking towards him, her light pink dress swaying as she walked. "Hello there Miss." He said, tilting his hat to her politely.

Katherine smiled, handing him a coin for the paper. "Walk with me." She whispered quietly, starting to walk through the streets.

Jack grinned, walking slightly behind her until they made it to a deserted corner of the park. "Alone for once Kath?" He asked, taking one of the papers and setting it on the bench, letting her sit down.

Katherine laughed, placing her hand over her mouth. "Managed to get away from my family for once." She said as he climbed up the tree above the bench.

"Well, then I'm happy. But what did I do to deserve a visit from the most beautiful Angel?" He asked softly, perching precariously in the tree.

"My father's throwing a masked ball." She said, not looking up at the tree and raising a hand at Davey, who walked over to them.

"Talking to yourself Kathy?" He asked, not noticing the dirty newsboy in the tree.

"No, Jack's up there." She said, pointing a gloved hand at the tree, where Jack sat.

Davey laughed, "Nice to know you're both trying your hardest not to get Katherine dishonoured." He grinned, bumping Katherine's shoulder with his.

Jack stuck his tongue out, "Kath, you were saying?"

"Oh right! My father's throwing a masked ball. Because, seeing as I am the only unmarried woman in the whole of this city, he is finding me a suitor." Katherine said, fiddling with her purse strings.

Jack's heart dropped, that meant no more seeing Katherine. That meant no more stolen kisses and clearing touches. "Oh."

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Katherine whispered, brushing a hand across her face and daring a glance up at Jack. "He says that, when the ball is over, whoever I've danced with the most shall be my suitor."

"I could go." Jack said, immediately hiding closer to the tree as two giggling women walked past.

Davey give them a quick nod before turning back to Katherine.

"Jack." Katherine began, crossing her legs and looking up at her boyfriend. She smiled warmly at him, the smile she gave him when she was deeply sorry about something.

"No, I'm serious! Dave, you could give me one of your suits and I could join you. We'd be wearing masks. And all you'd have to do is dance with me the most." Jack said, grinning at his genius.

"But my father." Katherine said, pulling her gloves off and setting them in her lap. "He won't have that."

Davey looked between the two before closing his eyes. "No, it could work." He said slowly, a plan beginning to formulate in his mind.

Katherine turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "And how, dare I ask will that happen?" She asked, leaning farther back against the bench.

"I could introduce him as a cousin. Heaven knows my mother won't attend, so she'll have no reason to call out our lies." Davey said, "It should work."

Katherine looked up at Jack, who was grinning wildly at her. "Ok then. Let's try it." She said, beginning to feel slightly giddy. "But you do realise, that if this works, you shall have to marry me?" She asked with a slight pause.

Jack looked around the park, seeing no one around, and dropped down it the ground, landing with a thud. "If it weren't for the ridiculous difference in society, I would have married you already Angel."

Katherine blushed, looking around before turning around and kissing him gently. "You and your sweet words, my darling." She whispered, her eyes shining with love.

Jack grinned, kissing her again. He pulled away gently, not wanting to be caught kissing her and risk dishonouring her. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said, handing her a piece of paper before jogging off to sell more papers.

Katherine unfolded the paper gently, smiling at the charcoal drawing of herself. She ran her fingers over the sketch before gently folding it up and putting it in her purse.

Davey stood up, holding his arm out for Katherine, "A walk?" He asked, helping her up. "Where we can further discuss our, dare I say impossible, plan."

Katherine took his arm, "I thought you said it could work." She smiled as they began to walk around the park.

----

Katherine smiled widely as she saw Davey and, who she could only assume was, Jack walk through the gilded double doors of the ballroom. She carefully set down her glass and walked over to the two.

"My I have this dance?" Jack asked gently as held out a hand for her to take.

Katherine blushed and curtsied, taking Jack's hand and lacing their fingers together. She smiled brightly as he led her into the dance floor. "You clean up nicely."

Jack laughed, placing a hand on her waist as they began to waltz. He resisted the urge to kiss her, knowing that if they were caught it wouldn't end well.

"Where?" She asked, slightly breathless after he twirled her, "Did you learn to dance?" She smiled brightly, resting her hand on his chest.

"Davey taught me." Jack said, pulling her tighter against his chest and pressing a discreet kiss to her temple, above her mask. "You look beautiful."

Katherine smiled brightly, twirling around again. "You look very handsome yourself." She said, admiring his suit and shirts.

Jack smiled, moving a hand to fiddle with the strings on her mask. "I really want to kiss you." He whispered, sound barely leaving his lips but Katherine could hear him loud and clear.

"I know, but we can't." She said softly, tracing her finger in circles on his shoulder. "If this doesn't work, meet me on the roof." She whispered, "Our normal spot."

Jack nodded, twirling her around again. "You really are an Angel."

----

Katherine tore her eyes away from Jack's as her father tapped on his glass. She rested one hand against his chest, squeezing his hand gently.

"Thank you all for coming, and, I know we haven't done things conventionally this year." Pulitzer said, setting his glass down and looking around at the guests. "But, we all knew the rules. Whoever caught my daughters eye and danced with her for most of the night shall be her partner."

Jack squeezed her hand, a smile gracing his features. If this didn't work, he didn't know what he'd do.

"And, clearly, one man as caught her attention." Pulitzer gestures towards the couple, "What's your name sir?"

Jack gulped and took off his mask. "Jack Kelly, sir." He said, trying to stop his voice shaking.

Pulitzer chuckled, they really would make a fine pair. "And do you wish to marry my daughter?"

"I do sir, if she'll have me." Jack said, turning to face Katherine and looking at her lovingly.

Katherine nodded eagerly, resisting the urge to just lean forward and kiss him. She pulled him forwards and hugged him tightly. "I love you Jack." She whispered, loud enough so only he could hear her.

"I love you too my Ace, my Angel." He squeezed her tighter before undoing her mask and pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"Well, thank you for coming everybody!" Pulitzer said, "Young man if we may see you tomorrow?"

Jack nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to Katherine's cheek. "Usual spot?" He mumbled.

"Usual spot my darling." Katherine said with a giggle, squeezing his hand before letting him go. She blushed as he bowed before walking into out of the room, leaving her under the watchful eye of her father and other males.

--------

"Goodnight Katherine. Tomorrow we shall discuss the arrangements for your marriage tomorrow." Her father said, kissing his cheek before walking out of her room.

Katherine nodded, having been unable to wipe the smile off her face for the entire day. She climbed into her bed, burying under the covers and lifting them to her mouth. She was going to marry Jack.

She waited until she could hear the last footsteps die down before slipping out of her bed. She unlatched the window and slipped out, gently grabbing the tree branch that hovered outside and pulled herself out onto the slanted roof.

"Well hello there Angel." Jack said from where he was perched behind her window. He held a hand out and helped her up next to him, leaning down so neither could been seen from the street below.

Katherine snuggled into his chest, smiling widely as he ran his fingers up and down her arm. "So your plan worked." She said, leaning clover to kiss his chin.

"It did indeed my Ace, it did indeed," Jack said, kissing her hair and holding her closer. "Oh! And I have a ring. It's not posh or fancy like you're used to. But I had a friend help make it. If you."

Katherine cut him off with a quick kiss, something they only did in secret. "I'll love it Jack. It's from you." She whispered, stroking his cheek gently.

Jack slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out the ring. It was a small gold band, leaf patterns pressed into the cool metal. A small, silver diamond was set in the middle. "Here."

Katherine gapped, looking to him for permission before gently taking the ring when he nodded. She twirled it between her fingers, "Jack it's beautiful." She breathed out, slipping the ring onto her finger.

Jack smiled, taking her hand and kissing it gently. "Are we going to be able to keep this up now?" He whispered, cupping her cheek.

"Hmm?"

"Your father will start to think of dowries and the like. And I'm not sure how to lie through that." Jack said nervously, resting his head against hers. He took her hand again and fiddled with her fingers.

Katherine sighed, "We'll lie our way through it. No matter what happens." She said, climbing into his lap and resting her head against his neck.

Jack nodded, leaning farther back against the roof. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly. "I love you Ace." He whispered, squeezing her.

"I love you too." Katherine said, beginning to fall asleep against his chest. She knew she should probably go inside but snuggling against his chest was so appealing.

----

Katherine looked up as she walked down the aisle of the church, unable to hold back her grin. She gladly took Jack's hand, thankful they'd managed to keep Jack's profession a secret from her family.

"Hi Angel." He whispered, resisting the urge to kiss her. He ran his eyes over her boys, she looked beautiful. Her hair was up in a near up-do and he could see the ring he'd given her on a necklace around her neck.

"Hi Jack." She whispered, squeezing his hand as the priest began talking.

"Do you, Jack Kelly, take Katherine Pulitzer to be your lawfully wedded wife, till death do you part?" The priest asked.

Jack smiled softly, slipping the ring onto Katherine's finger as he said, "I do."

"And, do you, Katherine Pulitzer, take Jack Kelly to be your lawfully wedded husband, till death do you part?"

Katherine blushed, slipping the ring onto Jack's fingers. "I do." She whispered breathlessly.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said.

Katherine laughed, she was married to the love of her life. They'd deceived her father. She shook her head as Jack pulled her closer, "Not in public." She whispered, gently kissing his cheek.

Jack nodded, kissing her forehead gently before walking her down the aisle. "We did it Ace." He said as they made it out of the church.

"We did it Jack." She said, lacing their fingers together and hugging him tightly.

"Oh! Mr Kelly!" Pulitzer asked before they made it into the carriage.

Jack helped Katherine into the carriage, giving Race- the driver and close friend- a quick wink before turning back to Pulitzer. "Yes?"

"I forgot to mention, what exactly do you do?" Pulitzer asked, as Jack got into the carriage.

"Oh! I'm a newsboy." Jack said and as soon as he did, Race began to drive away, leaving Pulitzer dumbstruck and shouting.

Katherine turned in her seat and waved at her father before pulling Jack into a deep kiss. She laughed as he pulled her into his lap.

"I love you Kath." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I love you too Jack." She said, ready to start the rest of her life with this man. Away from all the frilly dress and high teas. Just Jack. That was all she needed.

Ok so I get this is really outlandish and whimsical but I thought it was cute

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 589 42
Hi okay hello. These are just some one shots from Newsies. If you have any ship requests or plot ideas feel free to message me or comment id be ha...
141K 2.6K 38
Haha get it? It's like My Girl but with their accent bahaha... I'm sorry I'll stop (Newsies x reader)
4K 268 23
𝓴𝓪𝓻𝓮𝔀 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓼
123K 2K 51
• 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜, 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 :) •ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇs: •𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 •𝚍𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚋𝚜 •𝚔𝚒𝚍 𝚋�...