Back to Basics

By KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong

3.1K 174 4
By KaylaWoods289

"Cassie, I was just informed-"

"And now with her newest hit, let us welcome... Cassie Lyndel!"

"Hold that thought Jackson"

Cassie waves as she walks out from backstage waving at the crowd. Her hand reaching for the microphone stand as she begins hearing the familiar beat begin playing through the stereo. She begins singing the song closing her eyes as let's the music take her away. She continues singing her heart out until the song comes to an end. Her eyes opening to find the crowd on their feet and Jimmy walking over to her still clapping. 

"Wow... Just WOW! Great new song Cassie!" He comes over taking her hand leaning forward to kiss her cheek. She smiles thanking him as he leads her over to the seats. She takes a seat after nodding a thanks to the crowd that is still applauding. "Thank you for joining us Cassie. You know I am a big fan and just love your music!"

"Thank you Jimmy! I'm happy to be here."

"Now this song was released just a few months ago and has already hit number one for I believe 5 weeks straight... Is that correct?"

"Yes I believe so"

"Just phenomenal! This song you wrote I was told after a break up with former manager Landon Bounds?"

"The song was created due to her a heart break but more than that, it was me wanting to find myself again."

"Well whatever it was, we LOVE the new Cassie Lyndel! You have just release the entire album and in it's first week has sold over 3 million copies... 3 MILLION! That's insane!"

"It is exciting" She says still smiling ear to ear. The audience clapping again. 

"So tell us what the inspiration was for the new album."

"Like I said, it's a self titled album because I wanted it to be about music that means a lot to me. The songs all have hold a special place in my heart for different meanings."

"Now unlike previous albums, these songs have a very country touch to them compared to pop."

"Yes, well let's just say I got in touch with my southern roots and I don't plan on turning back."

Jimmy smiles leaning back in the chair. "So no longer pop princess rather a country belle?"

She laughs shaking her head. "Something like that."

"Well that's not the only thing we hear that you've been singing. Take a look everyone at a post Cassie recently put up."

The crowd whistles and Cassie laughs watching as her and Nat jam out on a trip into town her truck. The movie ends and the spotlight comes back up. 

"Now, that's a great song-"

"Great song"

"I have to admit though the woman that is with you sings quite good as well."

Cassie laughs hoping Nat's watching this. "Yea she is definitely something but she is a HUGE Reba fan. Huge!"

"Well that brings me to another topic. It was recently leaked you singing a Reba song."

"Yeah" She cringes as she remembers her singing in her studio the song, Turn on the Radio. 

"Well I loved it and I'm not the only one." Cassie tilts her head slightly as Jimmy as he pulls out a picture of a snapchat. "Reba actually commented on your version of her song and this is what she wrote 'Incredible singer, almost puts me to shame. Much love to Ms. Lyndel and her work'. Now reading that, were you aware-"

Cassie's eyes are wide in shock as she shakes her head negatively, "no I didn't."

"Well sounds like you got praise from the queen of country herself."

She feels her eyes water up never hearing so much love from a different artist before and especially someone as well known as Reba McEntire. Jimmy could see her teary eyes and laughed clapping. 

"Let's get back to the album. Along with the top charter 'Miss Me More', you have a few other hits like Legends, and Dibs. Any particular person in mind on these songs?"

"Yes," she doesn't comment further making Jimmy look to her expectantly. "I have an incredible someone in my life."

"Care to tell?"

"Let's just say he is my better half." The crowd applauds as she grins blushing like a teenager. Her hands covering her face trying to stop her blush. The crowd continues to roar along with Jimmy. It takes a few minutes for the cheers to calm down. 

"Well I know a LOT has been going on for you but we had a guest who wanted to meet you."

"Oh really?" Cassie turns looking around as her smile freezes and her body turns cold. 

Walking in with a wide smile and open arms is Landon. He smiles but she can see how fake it is. He embraces her making her body shiver in disgust. She looks over his shoulder finding Jackson with arms crossed at the entrance to the room. His eyes stone cold set on the back of Landon. He looks into Cassie's eyes trying to reassure her. 

Her body still practically frozen as he pulls back sitting down in the seat directly next to hers. The audience still clapping as she tries to calm herself taking a seat reluctantly. Her body shifting to lean against the opposite side of where he is seated. 

"Thanks for having me Jimmy."

"Now Landon, I understand you had something you wanted to say to Cassie."

She clears her throat and forces a tight lip smile as he shifts trying to reach for her hand. She moves them clasping hers together. He takes her by surprise as he reaches for both her hands. She feels all eyes on her and tries not to react. 

"Cassie, I wanted to come on today to apologize for ANY wrongs that may have occurred between us. I am not sure where we went wrong but I would really like to give us another try."

The crowd awes and Jimmy goes silent much to Cassie's dismay. She giggles gently but it's anything but sincere. Her face leaning forward closer to him. His eyes gleaming and a smirk reaching his lips. 

"Landon..." He leans forward expecting a kiss. "I would rather be with a woman before going anywhere near you."

Just like that, the whole audience freezes. Jimmy doesn't say a word and Landon has his jaw on the floor. Cassie just grins pulling her hands away from his. She turns her attention to Jimmy who seems to be frozen in place. 

"Well... uhm- that's... let's take a break. We will be right back."

AND WE'RE OFF!

The crowd still seems shocked by her statement. Cassie shakes her head letting a humorless chuckle escape her lips. She lifts her eyes to Jimmy.  "I'll make this very simple for you Jimmy. Either your guest leaves or I do."

She grits out the word guest with intense venom clearing stating her dislike for this situation. He nods before standing up rounding his desk. She doesn't even turn as Landon stands up. 

"Landon thank you for coming"

"Cassie love-"

"Get off this set Mr. Bounds before I have security escort you out." 

Cassie bites her lip thankful for Jackson's help. She keeps her eyes glued on the empty spot behind Jimmy's now vacant chair not wanting to look at anyone. 

"I have every right to be here!"

"A court order says otherwise. Leave. Now." 

She turns to find Jackson now toe to toe with Landon. Jackson has a few inches on him. Both staring at each other before Landon huffs and storms off. His eyes meeting hers before taking the now vacant seat next to her. His hand coming out to hold hers as she collects herself. A now silent Jimmy going back to his chair looking flabbergasted. 

"Cassie, I-I didn't know."

She gives him a forced smile. She knows he's lying. Cassie decided right then and there she would never return to this show. 

AND WERE BACK IN 3...2...1...

"So we have Cassie Lyndel with us here. Right before the break we had a surprise visitor that I feel was not someone Cassie wanted to meet."

She still had her hand in Jackson's as she smiled shaking her head. "No."

"However we do have a new guest now, please welcome Jackson Fillmore. He is Cassie's agent I believe."

"That's right." Cassie said turning to Jackson who was giving her a small smile in return. "He's helped me a ton on my new album."

"Now could he be the special someone who you wrote the music for?"

"Although I feel Jackson is special, he is definitely not the man I wrote these songs about. No offense Jackson."

He just waves her off completely agreeing with her. "None taken. Cassie is like the little sister I never had."

The crowd awes as she sticks her tongue out at him. The room goes silent for a moment as Cassie turns back to Jimmy. "So was it another special man... or perhaps woman?"

Jackson grips her hand knowing she is hitting her tipping point with this interview. "He's definitely all man and definitely all mine."

"So are you saying you are off the market?"

"Absolutely!" She says smiling as she pictures her sexy cowboy. 

"Cassie, I have to apologize, I didn't realize... with Landon-" that's it!

"Oh Jimmy... it happens. I mean how could you possibly know something that has made head lines for months and was the top story for most radio and interviews for the past several months."

"Right" he says clearing his throat as she fake smiles at him. 

"The truth is I came here to talk about my album. The stories behind the songs and my new outlook. Yes Landon Bounds is part of my past. What has occurred between us will remain private on my part. If he chooses to speak about it is his business. I can not control him but only myself. I am in a new chapter of my life and truly happy where I am. With that being said I want to thank you for having me today."

"Well.. uh, yes. Thank you for coming today Cassie! Everyone Cassie Lyndel!!"

The crowd applauds again but mostly in confusion. The director yells they are off again Cassie stands up. She turns shaking hands with Jimmy who still looks slightly shell shocked. 

"Thank you for having me but I want to inform you I will not be returning. Thank you and have a good day."

She releases his hand turning to walk away. She hears Jackson talking to him but doesn't listen. She is done with this life. It is NO ONE's business what happened. She wants to sing her music and that's it. Her personal life is just that... personal. She makes it to the dress room ripping off the mic and tossing it to the couch. She is quick to gather her things before turning towards the door. Her phone begins ringing and she is quick to answer it. 

"Princess, you okay?"

She falls back on the couch in the room crumbling hearing his voice. "I want to come home."

She rubs her eyes as the other end goes silent for a moment. "Don't let this stop you Cassie. You have two more weeks then you'll be back with me."

She scoffed, "not soon enough."

Hearing his deep sexy laugh made her smile and her tears stop. "I agree but it will make it all the more sweeter."

She chuckles standing up to walk over to the mirror rubbing her eyes. "Yeah"

"Hey princess..." She hums still cleaning up the running mascara. "I loved the interview."

She full blown laughs at him as she shakes her head. A knock at the door makes her turn to it. "Hey sexy, let me call you back okay?"

"Call me soon"

She hangs up as she swings the door open. Jackson looks behind her seeing her bags and walks in to grab them. "We've got to go. Paparazzi are everywhere now wanting to get an interview."

She quickly gathers her things as they make their way out. It's dark out as they had towards his car. Flashes begin going off along with people yelling her name. Jackson quickly ushers her in the car while paparazzi try to take her photo and knock on the window. Jackson gets in and quickly takes off. 

"I think we lost them. You okay?" 

"Yeah.. I will be. Is the label going to be upset about the interview?"

"Considering everything that has happened, I don't believe so. I'll talk to Tate to see if we need to do anything."

She nods her head not wanting to think about it right now. They drive in comfortable silence making it to her house. Jackson curses making her turn her gaze to her house. Her head flops back on the seat wanting it to swallow her whole by what she finds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667 63 9
A college student from a wealthy family is given the opportunity to go on tour with a rock band for a school program. Can this sheltered, naïve, coll...
31.6K 797 56
the real struggles of Hayley and Annie's life. If you use my ideas please give credit No hate Feel free to leave ideas in the comments
30.5K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
11 0 9
James and Tessaira grew up in a tiny town surrounded by trees with only one way in or out. In the mountains of Pennsylvania, the two formed a lifelon...