Who Are You?

By machatee63

A very short story of the meeting of Kise and Oikawa, ft Iwaizumi and Kasamatsu. More

Meeting

29 1 4
By machatee63

Kise's pov

Ah~ Practice is over now, I have sweated a lot today's practice, I feel filthy right now-

"Good practice, Kise, we can go home now."

"Alright then Kasamatsu-cchi, say, let's walk home together!"

"Ugh, alright but please do not talk about dumb things, but also take a break from basketball talk, let's just... talk."

"Alright then, let me just change and dry up before we go." He nodded as I jogged to the changing room to clean up. Sweat drops off as I quickly scrubbed my hair with the towel, changing back to my uniform.

As I head out, I see Kasamatsu-cchi waiting for me at the gym exit.

"Hey, Kasamatsu-cchi! Let's head out now, maybe buy some ice-cream along the way!"

"If that's the case, you're paying."

"Fine, no ice-cream!"

"I wasn't planning on having some anyways-"

"So mean!" Man Kasamatsu-cchi is mean sometimes, just like Kuroko-cchi... That aside, we started walking by streets just talking about stuff we saw around like stray cats or shops.

"Hm- that car looks good, don't you think Kasamatsu-cchi-"

"Hey... That school still has a light on in the gym, it's like... 7pm right now..."

"So... you're saying you wanna check it out?"

"Huh? What no! That's reckless!"

"Haha! Too bad! I've made my decision!" I laughed running into the school, racing towards the gym, Kasamatsu-cchi was following behind cursing out my name.

"Kise! Get back here!"

I didn't listen and took a peek inside the gym.

Oh my...

"Kise what are you doing peeking-"

"Kasamatsu-cchi, shush- and look." I said, pointing inside spotting a tall male dressed in sporting uniform, hair and eyes sharing the same colour of dark brown. He wore a knee brace on his right leg, and he seems very thin but muscular at the same time.

He seems to be playing volleyball by the looks of the ball he held, bouncing it on the clear ground, preparing for a serve I believe. I didn't like volleyball when I first saw it but I stayed to watch his serve, and so did Kasamatsu-cchi.

"What kind of serve is he practicing..?" I asked out loud, seeing on the corner of my eye, Kasamatsu-cchi shrugging as he kept his eyes on this male.

The male finally released the ball into the air, his eyes looked very serious, we watched as his eyes never left the ball, stepping powerfully giving him more jumping power. His arm swung full speed, not to mention full power towards the ball! My eyes grew wide, I felt my bottom lip drop slightly as I witnessed the ball about to pop!

Not only that was really powerful! It was super fast too! It looked unblockable from my point of view- I don't think I could copy that after one measly look-

"What the hell was that, Kise?" Kasamatsu-cchi asked,

"How am I supposed to know? I don't like Volleyball, but... this guy..."

"Ah~ almost! It was just a centimeter away from my target!" H-He was aiming? Who is this guy?!

I was just super astounded by his talent that I accidentally slipped and landed inside the gym, Kasamatsu-cchi landing beside me since he was leaning against me.

"Huh? Who are you two?" The volleyball male asked.

"Oh, sorry for intruding in your practice but I was a bit curious on why your school's gym's lights were still on, so me and my friend here, Kasamatsu-cchi decided to come here to see why the lights are on. I was kind of hoping it was basketball but I got amazed from that killer serve you did- How did you do it?!"

"Oh, well, my best friend, Iwa-chan called it my diabolical serve, it's super fast pace and powerful too, it'll be hard to try and receive the ball."

"I'm not an expert in volleyball but how did you do it? Are you like, really powerful?!"

"Uhmm.. well I am very prideful but I'm not on the top list, I'm just a very good player. The serve I did was throughout hard practice, I'm known for an overworker, and I paid the price for it when I sprained my right knee."

"Ouch, yet you're still training hard?"

"Why wouldn't I? I'm the team's captain plus setter, I am the brains and heart of Aoba Johsai."

"I see, well you seem very powerful."

"People do have trouble beating me, you see, I have a talent of bringing the absolute best out of anyone in a game."

"The absolute best?" 

"Kasamatsu-cchi! Don't be rude!"

"Hehe... I know it sounds unbelievable that someone can bring the best out of anyone but I'll assure you that I'm not bluffing."

"Huh... Interesting, I'd like to witness this, 'talent' of yours."

"Oh I have loads of games for that, I even have videos of me playing in a college team."

"C-College?!" Wow... he played with college students?!

"Wait- c-college?!"

"Yes, college students, I blended right in after a few sets, it was like I was their official setter,"

"Say... What's your name?"

"Oh, how rude of me! I'm Oikawa Toru, the captain and setter of Aoba Johsai's volleyball team. You two are?"

"I'm Kise Ryota and I'm from Kaijo high, I play basketball and I play the position of small forward."

"I'm Kasamatsu Yukio, I'm Kaijo's team captain for the basketball team."

"Say... Kasa-chan, if I can call you that-"

"Uhmm... sure?"

"Anyways, Kasa-chan, you remind me of someone..."

"Who?"

That's when an alarming phone rung, it plays a familiar song known as 'Ponyo on the cliff by the sea'

"Yahoo~" 

"CRAPPYKAWA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Ouch... is his phone on speaker mode or is that guy on the other side of the phone super loud...

"Ah- Iwa-chan calm down! I'm at the gym, why?"

"Dumbass it's 7:40pm! You better not be overworking again!"

"What! No- I'm just serving a couple of times."

"I'm 5 minutes away, pack up now or else I'm beating your ass!"

"Gah! Iwa-chan! No need to be so vulgar..."

"Then listen to me for once, I care ok?"

"You what~? Iwa-chan~?"

"Don't make me regret saying that..."

"Ah! Alright, see you in five then-"

"See ya, crappykawa."

What kind of conversation was that?! It seemed like mine and Kasamatsu-cchi's but more violent-

"Who was that, Oikawa?"

"Oh, my best friend, Iwaizumi Hajime, but I like to call him Iwa-chan~"

"Oh! It's kind of like me! Do you add chan to those you respect?"

"I do respect those who I add chan to but I mostly add chan to them because it's a force of habit."

"Ohh-"

"I'm guessing you add 'cchi' to those you respect."

"Yup!" We both chuckled as Kasamatsu-cchi just stood there, a minute later, another male came into the gym, I'm assuming it's Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa yelped running towards Iwaizumi, giving him a big hug-

"Ugh- get off me!"

"Gah-" He pushed Oikawa off- huh- they totally reminded me of Kasamatsu-cchi and I...

"Wait- who are you two?"

"Oh, I'm Kise Ryota and that's Kasamatsu Yukio."

"Iwaizumi Hajime, Aoba Johsai's ace."

"That's the position where the player gets the most sets. Right?"

"Correct, but I'm actually a wing-spiker like a couple others, an ace is just a name for the go to wing spiker."

"Ah, yeah I know nothing of Volleyball."

"Well I know a bit about basketball."

"Ah me too!"

"You do?"

"Yes, me and Oikawa would play it for a second sport."

"So what would you two be good at in basketball?"

"Well, Kasamatsu-san, I'd be a good center."

"I'd be a good point guard since I'm captain of a team."

"Well maybe we'll go up against each other sometime."

"That'll be totally unfair! You're more experienced! On the other hand we specialize in volleyball!"

"We'll just play a little street ball sometime, how does that sound?"

"Alright then, Kasamatsu-san."

"H-Huh? Iwa-chan!"

"Don't worry Kawa, we'll think of some strategy, you always have a plan." Oikawa then cleared his throat.

"What am I thinking, of course I do, we're good at adapting, so you're on, Ki-chan, Kasa-chan."

"I can't wait, Oikawa-cchi. Iwai-cchi."

"We'll be waiting for you two tomorrow afternoon after school at the nearest basketball court near here."

"Deal."

Now the battle awaits, Kasamatsu-cchi and I vs Oikawa-cchi and Iwai-cchi... 

(Should there be a pt2? I wasn't planning on it but if you'd like a pt2 I'd be happy to continue this story as well as my others. Pls comment down bellow if you'd like a pt2 or not. Thank you for reading btw UwU)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
796K 48K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
1M 33.7K 80
"๐™พ๐š‘, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–! ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š—๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ! ๐™ธ๐š'๐šœ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ...๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š•๐šรค๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘...
1.5M 26.4K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...