False Expectations (Editing)

By ARIADNI_SA

Maximus Drako is a 30 years old werewolf and also the Alpha of the most powerful pack in the world. He becam... More

Chapter 1 - Τhe family meeting
Chapter 2 - The acquaintance
Chapter 4 - Rules
Chapter 5 - Imprisonment
Chapter 6 - New friend
Chapter 7 - New job
Chapter 8 - The ritual
Chapter 9 - Don't you dare
Chapter 10 - Jealousy
Chapter 11 - Moving on
Chapter 12 - Training
Chapter 13 - Surrender to him
Chapter 14 - Ignoring the Alpha
Chapter 15 - Nicolas
Chapter 16 - So close
Chapter 17 - The accident
Chapter 18 - Chris' plan
Chapter 19 - Mine for one night
Chapter 20 - Awaken
Chapter 21 - Second chance
Chapter 22 - Kicking out Jina
Chapter 23 - The agreement
Chapter 24 - The necklace
Author's Note #1
Chapter 25 - Luna's ceremony
Chapter 26 - A pleasant surprise
Author's Note #2
Author's Note #3
Author's Note #4

Chapter 3 -Alone with the tempered Alpha

22.5K 451 16
By ARIADNI_SA

Adelina's pov:

The next morning came too quickly. All night, I tossed and turned in my bed, unable to sleep. I woke up feeling numb, completely paralyzed. I didn't want to leave my pack. I had projects to run. I had life here. I wanted to be present when we were going to implement my economic plan. All my friends and family were here. I loved my life here and I didn't want to change anything. I preferred to stay here rather than leave with him.

But all these will belong to the past in a few hours. My life is going to change radically and unfortunately I do not have the power to prevent it. I can't continue whining about this anymore. I must go on. I must adapt to my new life. Maybe I am overreacting. Maximus doesn't look so bad. Maybe Stella was right after all. Yesterday he was so demonstrative with his emotions. He hugged me and kissed me as a true mate would do. Maybe it will eventually work out. I just have to try and keep faith that everything is going to be fine, right?

A knock on the door interrupted my train of thoughts. It was Lena, one of the omega girls that clean up my room daily. I told her to enter and she did. She came closer to my bed. She looked frightened. She took a deep breath and after some minutes of silence she said:

- "Good morning miss. I was sent to inform you that Alpha Maximus is waiting for you at the parking lot as we speak. You are leaving in 20 minutes ".

-"Twenty minutes? I thought we would stay longer at least until noon and then leave. Why such rash? " I asked aloud.

-"I am sorry miss I am only carrying the message"

- "I guess you are right, thank you Lena. Tell Alpha Maximus I'll be ready in 10 minutes and bring someone to help me with my luggage" I told her and released her.

I do not remember much of what happened next. Everything went very fast and came as a blur to my memory: I packed up my personal belongings, got ready, said goodbye to my family and friends and got in the car. Now, I'm in Maximus' car and I'm sitting in the passenger seat while he is driving. He seems distant, cold and moody. His behavior is very different from yesterday

-"How much long"? I asked after many hours of silence.

- "What...?" he asked curtly.

- "How much long until we arrive to your pack"? I clarified.

- "We have about four hours of continuous driving. But we will stop in the midway".

- "Why will we stop"?

-"I never travel through the night" he told me strictly.

- "Oh I see" Ι said feeling embarrassed.

The motel we stopped was a typical motel that one can encounter on the road in the middle of nowhere. Most of the clients were wolves that travel through packs for several reasons. Humans don't know even the existence of this place as it was in the middle of the woods. Maximus' guards had already checked in and arranged everything. Unfortunately, due to a festival that took place in the near town there weren't many available rooms in the motel. That's why Maximus and I were forced to share the same room which was very awkward for me. Mate or not, I only knew him for a couple of hours, I wasn't ready to share a room with him. I just didn't feel comfortable.

-"Nonsenses!" my wolf scolded me. "He is our mate. From now on we are going to share more than a room with him" she commented playfully.

-"Please girl, don't be so horny"...I contradicted.

- "I will sleep on the couch. You can have the bed" Maximus said coldly, interrupting my conversation with my wolf and leaving the room abruptly.

I nodded and headed to the bathroom. After hours of travelling, a bath was all I needed right now. I always manage to relax with a good bath! And some food too, cause right now I am starving! I hope Maximus eats at evenings or it will be a very difficult night for me!

After several minutes of pampering myself in the bathroom, I got out with my drying towels on. I had forgotten to take my clothes inside the bathroom so I could change there. It's something I use to do back home. I always like to get dressed in my bedroom and not the bathroom that is filled with water and vapor. I really hate soaked clothes.

What I saw left me speechless and made my knees melt like jelly. Maximus sat on the edge of the bed and waited for me with some burgers. He raised his head and looked at me with lust scanning my body from top to nails. His eyes had already turned black indicating that his wolf was in control. I froze in my spot and unconsciously held my towel tighter. I didn't want to provoke him more...If that could be done...

I knew that when a wolf takes over, the marking wouldn't be avoided and of course I did not want that. At least not now.... It is too early for me to be marked and especially in a hotel room. I always imagined being marked in a nice and romantic place. I immediately looked down avoiding eye contact with him while he kept staring at me lustfully making me feel vulnerable.

He stood up and walked towards me. His eyes never left mine, as he came closer and closer, reducing the distance between us. When he was only a few centimeters away, he put his hands on my arms and leaned towards me. I closed my eyes, leaned towards him and waited for our first kiss while trembling with anticipation. When he touched me, butterflies filled my stomach and sparks began to roam my body. I felt all those typical symptoms that our bond was causing us. But that was not all. I did not know why, but when he was around me I felt that, in some inexplicable way, he was imposing my behavior, my feelings, my desires and my thoughts. Although I only knew him for a few hours, I was completely fascinated by him. I wanted to be close to him, to touch him, to hug him, to say words of love to him and to do everything that lovers do. But how could I be in love with him? I did not know him so well and I definitely did not like him!

I just stood there with my eyes closed and waiting for our first kiss, when he cleared his throat forcing me to open my eyes and look at him. He gave me a look of disapproval and turned away. His action made me feel stupid. Why did he do that?

-"Do you always behave like this?" he asked in a severe manner after he sat on his bed. His body was stiff, his face was rigid and his gaze was cold and distant.

-"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled. If one should be scolded definitely it wasn't me.

-"Do you always act so provocative when a man is around?" he said strictly looking me straight in the eyes.

- "What?" I asked offended. What exactly is he insinuating? That I got out of the bathroom in the towel only to provoke him? Whom is he mistaken me for?

-"Don't play the innocent with me. It is obvious that you got out like this to provoke me!" he commented venomously.

-"I....I didn't......." I tried to defend myself when he spoke again without letting me finish my sentence.

-"Stop the chit chat. Put something on and come to eat if you don't want your food to get cold" he said strictly. No, I wasn't willing to let a profanity like this go. I took a deep breath and said in a serious manner:

-"For your information, I didn't expect you to be here"

-"Oh really and where do you think I would be? As far as I remember this is my room too. Where else would I go?"

-"I mean I thought you were out..... Furthermore, I am used to get dressed in my bedroom. This way my clothes won't get soaked by bathroom's moisture".

-"Please spare me from you pathetic excuses. I said end of discussion. Go get dressed" he told me strictly but it definitely sounded like an order.

-"I have the right to defend myself. I do not want to give you the wrong impression of me."

- "If I were you I shouldn't worry so much about it. Now come and eat before it gets cold".

- "I guess you are right" I said. Maybe Maximus is right. A mate never thinks badly of you.

Actually there is no reason to do that. I guess once more I over exaggerated.

Maximus said nothing else and started eating. I took my clothes, went to the bathroom and got dressed quickly. Besides, I was hungry too, I did not want my food to get cold. When I got out, he had already eaten his own and sat on the couch working on his laptop. He did not speak or look at me. I paid him no further attention and sat on my bed to eat my meal thinking and analyzing what happened a few minutes ago. I must say that the atmosphere between us was very uncomfortable. I don't know why, but when I try to relax and get comfortable with him, he does or says something that negates my every effort.

I think seeing me naked upset him and made him treat me so hard. Maybe he's as confused as I am. It's our first day together. It's perfectly natural to get things wrong. I know he didn't mean to offend me. He's just trying to get to know me better, find likes and dislikes. He observes my actions to understand my thoughts. Actually, so do I. I want to know him better and build an honest relationship with him. At least I'm willing to try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1M 651K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
6.6K 749 66
Elektra is an alpha female, daughter of one of the most powerful and cruel Alphas in North America. Raised to rule her pack she grew up among weapons...
200K 7K 49
"Who are you?" She stopped just when her hand made contact with the door knob. "Alpha Isabel Martinez" she replied in a voice that wasn't hers. Dylan...
714 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...