Book 3: Chimera [Thor]

Bởi Animemadness101

The world is not what it once was. And because of this, the Avengers had their hands full when S.H.I.E.L.D. c... Xem Thêm

Welcome Back!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Book 3: Final Chapter
Author's Note
Book 4 Now Published!

Chapter 33

232 9 2
Bởi Animemadness101

Anya stood excitedly beside the Asgardian on the porch. The couple watched a SUV make its way down the long driveway from the main road. When it grew close enough to see the front seat occupants, the agent waved in greeting. The gesture was returned along with wide grins of their own. Clint parked the car behind the truck before everyone began to pile out.

"I'm so happy you're all here," Anya said. She embraced Natasha's side, while the assassin wrapped an arm around the agent's shoulders.

"When you gave us the coordinates to your location this is not what we were expecting," the redhead commented. "This is... wow."

"Beautiful, huh?"

"More than that," Clint said. He assisted Lila out. "I thought we had a prime view, but this is like a postcard."

"It's one of the reasons I scooped up this place when it was on the market." Thor helped the archer carry in the luggage from the trunk. "So? Where's the newest member to the Barton Clan?"

"Right here," Laura spoke up.

She held an infant car seat when the females hugged one another. Nathaniel looked absolutely adorable. From his onesie sporting a bow tie and suspenders attached to the 'pants', to the small cap on his head and the brown tuft of hair that peaked out underneath. He still had his baby fat from how round his cheeks were. Which became even more prominent in his relaxed state.

"He fell asleep halfway here."

"So cute," Anya cooed. "I can't wait to see him when he wakes up. I already have the guest room ready." Suddenly, a weight latched onto Anya's side, looking down to find Lila grinning up at her. Her front tooth was missing now. "Hello, Lila, how was the trip?"

"Looooong," she answered. "But I was excited to see you, Aunt Anya."

The young woman cocked a brow at the name, before looking at Laura in a questioning manner. "Aunt Anya?"

"She started calling you that after the team left," the woman said. "I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all." With the car cleared, the agent lifted Lila onto a hip and the group made their way inside. "Guest room is upstairs and to the left. Natasha, you will be on the pull out with Lila, and if Cooper wants his own bed, we have a blow-up mattress for the living room as well."

Everyone unpacked and settled in easily. Lila splayed out her crayons and coloring book on the table, her stuffed bunny rabbit sharing the chair. Cooper engrossed himself in a portable video game against Natasha in the living room. When Nathaniel woke up from his nap, Anya became enamored by the baby. He acted a bit pouty at first, but quickly became amused by the faces and words the young woman directed his way. Even Laura laughed and offered him up for the agent to hold. Thor knew that she'd be distracted now after he cracked open a beer alongside Clint. Which is why the god took it upon himself to fire up the grill for dinner.

"You promise he won't burn down the house?" the archer wondered.

"Thor is more than capable of making dinner now," Anya reassured. "He's learned a lot since making Earth a second home. Though in the beginning I had to watch him carefully."

"The microwave was a problem at first," the Asgardian admitted.

"But since Asgard enjoys feasts, the grill is more of his wheelhouse."

Nathaniel gurgled, making bubbles in the process. Anya grinned and rubbed her nose against his. He laughed loudly, making grabby hands at her cheeks.

"Aunt Nat!" Cooper whined from the living room. Obviously, he lost the match.

"I told you I wouldn't go easy on you," the woman said.

He wouldn't learn anything if he won all the time. The boy sighed heavily and started another round. Natasha threw a wink in the young woman's direction.

Dinner was a grand affair, the table pulled out to maximum length to fit everyone. The food tasted wonderful. It was no surprise when Clint went back for seconds or thirds, and complimented the god's seasoning on the meat. Desert followed after the cleanup. Ice cream. Lila grew excited at the cookie dough flavor pulled from the freezer. And the whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

"I apologize now, she will be very hyper," Laura said.

"But she'll crash soon enough," Anya said. "It's fine."

The weekdays were jam packed by activities. Hikes throughout the area and in the mountains, sightseeing various points of interest, shopping in town, and various other trips. No one got bored. Even on the one day they decided to take it easy around the house. The time difference hit the guests four days in. It was the first morning Anya woke up and the house remained silent. Usually, Clint got up and sat at the table with a cup of coffee when the agent pulled herself out of bed. But a glance through the half-opened bedroom door showed the couple were still passed out in bed. There was movement in the crib before she pulled away.

Nathaniel made a cooing noise and swung a fist just above the wrap around cushion that protected him from the wooden bars. Quietly, the agent snuck inside to peek over the edge. The youngest member of the family lay wide awake and thought it best to let the parents get some much-needed sleep.

"Hi, handsome," she whispered. The baby wiggled in his crib with excitement. "Come on." Nathaniel was carefully lifted into her arms and the two made their way downstairs. "Let's give Mommy and Daddy the morning off, huh?"

Because the living room remained occupied by their sleeping guests, the agent grabbed a blanket to keep warm against the cool morning air on the porch. She played with Nathaniel by blowing raspberries on his belly to make him laugh, or telling nursery stories and singing rhymes. The young woman didn't realize that an hour later the two of them had an admirer.

Thor noticed that he was the only one in the bed. First due to the lack of heat beside him. Then when the Asgardian unconsciously reached out to tug the young woman closer and found no one was there. He sat up blearily to further confirm her absence. Had he slept in? It didn't smell like breakfast, the house silent. After the god tugged on a t-shirt it didn't take him long to find the young woman with one of their guests. Thor didn't interrupt them. There was something about watching Anya hold Nathaniel that gave him a warm feeling in his chest. And this wasn't the first time it came about since the Bartons' and Natasha arrived in Norway.

Something about the way she interacted with Nathaniel or Lila, when the girl wanted the agent to draw pictures alongside her, even when Cooper asked questions about Norway. Anya turned into a natural motherly figure, just like Natasha, whenever Clint's children called for her attention. It made the Asgardian think how she would be... if they had one of their own. A shift in his weight caused the porch wood to creak. It drew the young woman's attention, a smile on her face.

"How long have you been spying?" she wondered.

"A while," he answered. "I didn't want to disturb you."

"Well, now that you're here, come join us."

Thor took a seat, close enough to wrap an arm behind Anya's shoulders to rest on the back of the bench. Due to their newest addition, Nathaniel's attention went to the god. The prince grinned widely down at the baby, and allowed him to grip one of his fingers to shake about. He wasn't the only one that felt a warmth in his chest. The young woman subtly caught glances of the way the god interacted with all of the children. Their first introduction at the Barton household had been brief due to his mindset. When Lila stood in front of him and stared up at the Asgardian in the same manner as before, he spoke to her this time. The girl asked so many questions, which the Avenger willingly answered. Cooper even wanted to see Mjolnir at work. Outside, so nothing in the house broke in the process. Anya enjoyed the way he treated every one of them. Encouraging. Caring. Happy. Engaging. He'd make a wonderful father figure.

"I wondered where he went," Laura commented. The appearance of the woman at the door drew their gaze. "And why he didn't wake us up earlier."

"We thought the two of you needed the morning off," Anya said.

Laura was grateful. The jetlag felt real for them all. Cooper currently having a hard time waking up at the moment. "He hasn't been too much of a fuss, has he?"

"Nathaniel's been a darling."

"Let us make breakfast for you guys. As a thank you."

It was an all-American meal. Eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice, coffee, tea, and cinnamon rolls. The rest of the house began to wake up from the smells that came from the stove top. Lila rushed to sit on Natasha's lap to dig into a roll, frosting staining her grin.

"What's on the agenda today?" Clint wondered when he sat down.

"Thor and I were thinking of bringing you all to the market in town that happens once a week," the young woman said. "Then we could set up some activities at home. Make it a bit of a lazy day. We've got some wood logs for long range archery." She knew Clint brought along his bow and arrows. Old habits die hard. "And we can play in the yard. Have a barbeque of sorts, but with a Norwegian twist from the food we buy."

"I like that idea," the assassin spoke up.

"Can Thor show me how to throw an ax?" Cooper spoke up in excitement.

"I'll think about it," Laura answered.

The market captured all of their attention and the visitors were introduced to Jan and Lise.

"Welcome!" the woman said. "Any friend of Anya's is a friend of ours."

It took Natasha a bit off guard from how welcoming the couple was. Especially when Lise hugged her tightly.

"We won't keep you, but please look around. If you're looking for some small trinkets, Egil's stall is at the end of the block."

"It looks like you have some nice woodwork here yourself," Clint commented at their table.

"Actually, the woodwork belongs to Thor," Jan answered.

The archer's head snapped in the god's direction, jaw slack in surprise.

The Asgardian chuckled, "I picked up a hobby."

"You're holding out on us," Clint stated. "I thought that there were no more secrets."

"That's why you're here," Anya pointed out. "We will see you two around."

The group ended up slowly separating as they walked. Cooper dragged his father and Thor to a stand where someone sold Viking memorabilia. Lila begged Natasha to go with her to look at watercolors from a local artist. Meanwhile Anya, Laura, and Nathaniel looked through knitted baby clothes. A cap with bear ears on top made both females smitten.

"Now that we finally have a moment," Laura spoke up, "I can ask how the two of you have been since the last time we met."

"Things are a lot better," Anya answered. "Though Thor has had a nightmare or two."

"Is it concerning?"

"I don't think so. It's like... like when I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. It's an experience that needs to be worked through. In time, it will hopefully go away."

"Clint told me what happened before the two of you met. It sounded terrifying."

"It was. But I didn't let it define me. I have Clint and Natasha to thank for that. Even when I tried to keep my distance at first. And then Thor entered my life. I don't think the three of them will ever realize how important they are to me. And now I'm glad that I have you and the kids to add to that mix."

Laura grinned. "I must admit that it was nice to finally meet his 'coworkers'. You're very good with Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel. Thor too." Then the woman couldn't help but ask, "Have the two of you considered it? Family life?"

"We've never really talked about it to each other. But I've had thoughts. And even more so lately. I'm not sure how soon that would happen due to our line of work, but sometime in the future... I can see it with him."

Compared to other relationships she experienced in the past. Thoughts like this never entered her mind before. Thor was different.

"I think the two of you will be wonderful parents. When the time comes. And in the meantime, you'll have some practice with Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel as their aunt and uncle."

"I'm going to spoil them rotten."

Laura laughed. "Natasha will probably fight you in regards to that aspect."

Anya snickered. "I can take her on."

"That is a fight you won't win," the assassin interjected, coming up from behind with Lila.

"I can try."

Despite the fact it'd been a chill day, Anya still went to bed tired. The activities when they got home varied. Archery and ax throwing, that only Laura allowed Cooper to indulge in under careful supervision. Food that left all of them with food babies in their bellies. And when the sun went down, Natasha brought out sparklers for Lila and Cooper to run around the massive yard. After everyone turned in for the night, the young woman flopped back onto the mattress and gave a heavy sigh.

Thor chuckled from the action. "Long day?" he wondered, closing the door behind him.

"More so than I thought." The lights turned off and he joined her in a similar manner. "I like having them around," Anya admitted. He hummed in agreement. "You know, when I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. my goal was to do my job, keep my head down, and try to start over again. I didn't foresee all this. A team. Close relations. Friends. A new type of family. You." Her head turned to look the god in the eye. The half-moon that streamed through the window made it possible to see just enough. "I really like this feeling."

"As do I." Thor paused for a moment in thought. Now seemed like a good time to bring up the questions on his mind. "How long have we been together now?"

The young woman hummed, "About three years."

"And would you say that we are on track? In a Migardian relationship."

"I believe we can define that however we want. There's no real timeline that has to be followed. But if you're asking if I see you still here with me in three more years, then the answer is yes. I'd spend my whole life with you, if that's what you want."

A wide grin stretched across his lips. "I'd like that very much."

"Well that's good to hear," she smiled back.

"Marriage?"

"A common Migard tradition that I know Asgard shares."

"It does. And as the next in line for the throne, I have responsibilities."

"I'm aware and not opposed to it. You sure I'd be up for the throne? If Odin allowed it?"

"I do not care what anyone thinks or says. You will always be the one that I want. Asgard would be lucky to have you as their queen." He gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"It may take me a few years to learn how to fill your mother's shoes."

"I am sure you will be just fine." Another quick kiss. "And then babies?"

"You want to make some babies with me?" she teased.

He tugged them closer together, fingers tickling at her sides. The young woman tried to keep the noise of her laughter down as she squirmed about.

"I want to have babies with you."

When he let up for Anya to catch her break she asked, "How many are we talking?"

"One? Two? Maybe three...? Or four?"

"Four!"

His brow cocked. "Too many? Not enough?"

"We would need a bigger place here. If we were to split time between Asgard and Norway."

"Why sell what we have? We can expand."

"Hmm, well when you put it that way then we can have four kids, or more."

Thor gave her another short kiss. "So when we are ready to settle down," a quick kiss, "when we are done with the initiative," a quick kiss, "four kids?"

"I think that's a good start."

They stared one another in the eye noses only inches apart. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3K 128 32
The destruction of Asgard plagues Thor's thoughts, while the god continued to search the Nine Realms for answers on the Infinity Stones. However, the...
13.9K 724 25
Follow the story of two unique sisters as they discover what it truly means to be a hero. When one threat vanishes, lurking closer than our young he...
29.2K 478 25
After the shocking discovery about the Multiverse, superheroes of Marvel and DC are frightened and worried. They expect enemies, wars and battles, b...
16.7K 770 21
Not everything is as perfect as it appears and Anya has a few flaws of her own that she likes to keep hidden. When she captures the attention of a ce...