The Returned Mate (BWWM) |TO...

By NiyWrites

*book two* It's been two years since Melodi left Caleb after finding out his father killed her best friend. ... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Finally

Chapter twelve

1.4K 82 25
By NiyWrites

Melodi ran to the figure on the floor. "Ethan. Ethan please." She felt her eyes burn. She wiped the blood from his lips and put his hand to her heart.

"Do you feel this Ethan? This is me telling you to stay, please." She closed her eyes tightly and put her head on his chest. "I need you Ethan. Please." She whispered. Caleb and Brandon burst through the door. They froze at the sight.

Blood.

And not just on the carpet.

But on Melodi as well.

Caleb stood silently as he tried to think of a way to get Melodi out of the room. He mind-linked Jace to come to the house immediately and make sure to get the pack doctor.

Brandon slowly walked toward Melodi. "Hey." He said softly. "Melodi, we have to get you out of here okay?" Melodi shook her head. "I can heal him, I know I can." She looked at Ethan's face. "I just have to focus. Yeah, that's what Ethan always said, focus."

She looked down and the tears continued to flow. Brandon reached down slowly as Caleb motioned the pack doctor and Jace from the threshold.

At the sudden contact of Brandon and the lack of touch from Ethan, Melodi went limp in Brandon's arms. "She is in shock, get her to a bedroom, quick." The pack doctor said and began to work on Ethan.

Melodi was put in a room two levels away from Ethan's. Around six, the whole house was awake. Paris was currently pacing in front of Melodi's door.

"Paris, breath, she'll be okay, Ethan will be too, we just have to be calm-" Paris turned quickly to Jace and glared.

"They'll be okay? If you haven't noticed Jace, those two have changed, they aren't the same people, this has got to be the worse that has ever happened to them.

"And separating them was even worse! It's so obvious that they depend on each other, it's like them against the world and right now as we speak, Melodi is in a room with a werewolf that she literally just met a few days ago and that she-devil girl she thinks is her best friend.

"And Ethan is two floors down, fighting for his life, just so he can be with her, you think that they will come back from this? Because your sadly mistaken, those two will be forever changed, and have you thought about what Melodi is going through?

"She just saw her anchor and probably her reason for coming down here in a pile of blood, unresponsive, how would you feel if that were Gabs?" Jace looked down. Paris snorted.

"Exactly."

(Down the stairs)

Caleb walked out of Ethan's room, Aiden and the boys were waiting. "Please tell me you have a lead." Nick said. Caleb shook his head. "Nope, none, it's like this person didn't have a scent at all."

"What about Ethan?" Liam questioned. caleb looked back to the door behind him. "We're still working with him, V is doing all she can right now, I am trying my hardest to help..."

Caleb drifted off, he truly was trying as hard as he could, when the house awoken to the screams of Melodi, the boys got all the girls to Heathers house and told them to stay there.

'How is Mel?' Caleb mind linked Brandon.

Brandon responded quickly. 'She is still in shock, she hasn't moved an inch since I set her down on the bed, and to be quite honest, it is making me nervous, she is just....laying there, looking at the ceiling, she won't let anyone touch her, she flinches at every sound and movement, still, not one word was said.'

Caleb sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Turns out, Melodi is doing just as bad." A noise came from the room followed by the door opening. The pack doctor, Violet, looked at Caleb.

"I need your help, now." Caleb nodded an looked at his brothers. "I will be right back." They nodded.

Caleb walked into the room to see Violet grab Ethan's hand. "I need you to do something."

(Up them steps)

Brandon looked at Melodi and sighed. "Hey, it's going to be okay, I know it will." But she didn't respond. Brandon looked at Zaria, who was watching her friend with a strange glint in her eyes.

"Zaria, can I speak to her alone?" Zaria looked over to Brandon and scoffed. "You think I'm going to leave you alone with my best friend when she is like this?" Brandon glared at her.

"You can come back, just give me a few minutes."

Zaria looked back at Melodi, this was her chance, this was the only opening they were going to give her, and here she was, giving it away.

She stood and flicked her colorful hair. "You have five minutes."

Brandon nodded and watched the vampire walk away. When the door closed, Brandon sighed and looked at Melodi, smiling.

"She is quite the vampire huh?" When Melodi didn't respond, Brandon sighed and stood up from his chair. "Let me tell you a story..."

___________________________

Paris stopped pacing as he watched Zaria walk out of Melodi's room. "How is she? Is she okay?" Zaria looked at the two strangers giving her worried looks.

"Why do you care?" Paris raised an eyebrow. "Because, she is my friend and I love her, kind of like a package, you love your friend, so that means you care for them, you know, you should know this, your her best friend."

Zaria rolled her eyes. "She is silent, not moving or speaking, Brandon wanted to talk to her, alone." Paris walked up to Zaria. "And you just let him? He could be doing anything to her right now while she is like this."

Jace stood up and grabbed Paris. "Let him go man, he might know what he is doing." Paris growled lowly and yanked his arm from Jace.

"Fine."

___________________________

I felt numb, like all my emotions, everything, was frozen. All I could see, was Ethan, laying there, gone.

Brandon said something, but I didn't hear him. "Let me tell you a story, there was a boy by the name of Jessie, he had the perfect family, His father was an Alpha, Mother was a Luna, and he was an only child, well, he wouldn't be in three months.

"One day, his family got in the car, getting ready to go on a family vacation, you see, even though their family seemed perfect, it really was, when the little boy wanted to go back to the house to get his teddy bear.

"The Alpha told him he could sleep without it, but the little boy wouldn't listen, because his father gave him that, and even though his dad said it was okay that he forgot it, it wasn't okay to Jessie.

"So Jessie started to fuss, telling his parents about what would happen if he didn't have his teddy bear, they pretended not to hear him, so he decided to scream his words, his father, scared by the noise, accidentally drove the car off the bridge.

"The little boy survived, and so did his parents, but the baby, didn't. And after that, the family wasn't so perfect anymore, the father would drink himself to tears at night, and the poor mother became depressed.

"The parents were so busy mourning over their unborn child, they forgot about the one that was alive, that did make it. The father would start to hit Jessie, the mother started telling Jessie things like 'you shouldn't have made it' then one day, rouges came and attacked their pack.

"The boy was old enough to realize that this was his moment, that this was a chance that the moon goddess gave him, so he took it, and while his family and pack was being attacked, he snuck away and ran to the first pack he could get to.

"But the pack was rouges, strangely, they took him in, telling him that he could stay, but only for a few months, just until he became me tough enough to stand others.

"Little did the pack know, they were teaching Jessie patience, kindness, and love, so when it was time to leave two years later, he was ready. He walked to a pack and talked to the Alpha, who took him in after hearing his story, that's when Jessie met a beautiful girl, that was more than gorgeous, she was....perfect.

"But later on, Jessie realized that she was more rare than any other girl he's ever met before."

I was still looking at the ceiling. Brandon sighed. "He will make it Di, and I know that he will, because he has to get to you." A tear slipped from my eyes.

Oh auntie, give me strength. I feel like my heart it skipping beats, my lungs don't know how to work. My body is frozen in time.

Ethan.

Living with my auntie, then she is killed by my kidnapper, who I was beginning to have feelings for, Ethan met his real parents, and they told him the real reason they left him on her doorstep was because they only wanted normal kids, and he was not.

He is my protector, and yet, here I was, when he need me most.

Frozen.

Then there's Brandon.

Who was abused as a child all because his parents didn't know the meaning of move on. He was here, by my side, just like Ethan would have been, he knows what I am feeling, because he has felt it in every cut, bruise, and swollen eye, he has felt it in every word that was spoken.

I blinked an saw Ethan, in that pile of blood.

I bit my lip and watched my vision blur, the tears came faster.

Ethan.

Brandon.

Two boys that have felt what I was feeling.

And one of them was in trouble.

Ethan can't die.

And he won't.

Because I love him too much for that to happen.

And suddenly, it was as if my body was coming to life.

I sat up and looked at Brandon. He looked at me. There was no shock in his eyes. Like he knew I would awaken from my shock.

"I need to see him, is he okay?" Brandon stood and shifted from foot to foot. "The pack doctor did all she could, he is currently in a coma until his body heals, he went into it about a minuet ago."

"Will he awaken?"

Brandon went silent.

"Will. He. Awaken."

Brandon looked at me. "The pack doctor said that do to all the blood he's lost, he might be in this state forever."

I jumped out of the bed and walked to the door. "I need to see him, and you can't stop me."

"I wasn't going to."

I stopped mid-step and looked at him. "Why?"

Brandon shrugged. "This is your friend, your family even, and if it were someone I loved in this state, I would try to get to them too."

We stood in silence as I walked towards him and hugged him. "Thank you...Jessie."

Brandon hugged me back.

"Your welcome Di." We pull away and I open the door. I was then pulled into a hug by Paris. "Are you okay? Did he touch you in the wrong spot? Do I have to kill him?"

I shook my head and moved away. I only wanted to talk to Ethan and Brandon right now. I felt like I was back in that hole.

I felt trapped. And as I looked at Zaria I wanted to drop kick her in the face. Then, I took a look at her, she didn't look like my Zaria.

"How are you holding up?" She said softly. I motioned Brandon to follow me and I walked past her. I needed to see Ethan.

When we got to his new room, I was hit with nervousness. My hands, shaking like a Yahoo bottle, reached for the knob. Yet, it opened before I could grab it.

Caleb stood before me. And suddenly, I wanted to hit him too. He should have done something, yet here he was standing in front of me. "Hey Mel, are you okay?" I pushed past him and stopped as soon as I saw him.

Ethan.

He was laying in the bed, he was cleaned, no blood, I took small steps towards him. I sat at the chair beside his bed and took his hands. "Ethan, don't ever do that again." I whispered.

I squeezed his hand. "She needs some time alone with him." Brandon said to Caleb. And was never as precise and correct as he was being now. I kept my eyes on Ethan.

When I heard the door shut, I sighed in relief. "It's okay Ethan, we will get through this, together." I felt the tears come as I stared at him.

I heard the door open and I knew who it was.

Zaria.

"Hey, I know your really down."

Yeah, no kidding.

"But maybe, we can find a way to figure out who did this."

This, caught my attention.

"I mean. those werewolves won't catch anything, they won't even ask you to help."

I stayed silent.

"They might not be able to find out who did this, but we can." I looked at Ethan, I found my self suddenly in that room, staring at his body.

"And I know that this is going to hit you hard, and right now, your hurting."

Little did they all know, I almost lost Ethan before.

But this....this was nothing like that.

Because that was mental.

This....

This is forever.

"Think of it this way, you told me about how he always cared for you, even at your worse, now, it's time for you to take care of him."

I heard her retreating steps.

"Think about it."

As the door closed, I looked at Ethan's hand clasped in mine.

"It's gonna be okay Ethan, I'm gonna take care of you, just like old times." I stood slightly and kissed Ethan's cheek.

"I promise."

😔😒😔😒😔😒😔😒😔😒😔😒😔

So, how do you like it, it took me a LONG time to do.

And what do you think of Zaria's request?

What did Melodi mean by like old times?

And what did you think of Brandon's past?

Do you think Melodi will take Zaria's offer?

And will Ethan wake up?

And will Caleb take this as a chance to get closer to Mel?

Or will she see someone else in a new light?

And why am I asking all these questions?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and I love you all.

Xoxoxo Oxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 418 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
61 0 13
First novella I have written. Ciarra was raised as an only child by two doting parents, in small town Texas. Just graduating from college, she ha...
385K 7.4K 70
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...
499K 13.2K 31
When Aprils pack was attacked unexpectedly she is separated from her father, the alpha. Since she is only 5 she couldn't fight against these wolves...