Taken By Sleep {Joshler} |Com...

By Charlie_c

(Cover made by the amazing @alltimetrashcan) Tyler: your typical shy new kid Josh: the unpopular nice guy Whe... More

School
Author's note
The music project
Mama Dun
Guns For Hands
Filler chapter
Mama Joseph
Noodles everywhere
Lazy Day and Disney
It's Back
Cuddle buddy
They keep happening
Sorry!!
Christmas dinner
A mall a park a kiss.
Boyfriend? Boyfriend
1K reads!!!!
Dinner with Debbie
Coming Out
Down in the forest
"You smell nice"
"He sounds amazing." "He is"
Meeting Jenna
'Babe'
Bye Jenna
10K/Blurryface
Fake You Out
Stressed Out
Rollercoaster of Emotions
I'll Kindly Enter into Rooms of Depression
Surrounded By Josh
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
Taken By Sleep
Final Chapter
Epilogue- Truce
Edits/Another Joshler?
Ideas?
Thank You
Cover Winner!!!
My Oneshots Book

Operas and Ice Cream

19.8K 839 3.9K
By Charlie_c

After breakfast I was told that we were going to a theater show going on near here. I had a few hours so I decided to just lay around in my room that I had gotten all to myself till I had to get up. After about an hour and a half of YouTube and Twitter, I got up and took a shower.

I then went into a small kitchen area and made me a sandwich. The play started at 6 and we were going to eat before it, so I didn't want to have a big lunch.

After my small lunch I went to the closet and looked at my clothes. I can never figure out what to wear. I finally pick out a black button up short sleeved shirt with my usual black skinny jeans. I also found a blackish-gray tie to put on and some fancy looking black shoes. I then sprayed a little bit of cologne on me and headed down to the lobby.

Most of my family was waiting there, so I sat down on one of the chairs and waited for everyone else to come down. Soon we were all headed to dinner, and then to the show.

"So what's this show supposed to be about anyways." Christian asked as we were driving to the theater. His car had broken down and so he had to ride with us.

"It's an opera actually, and it's Shakespeare I believe." My mom answered.

"And why are we going to see this?" He asked.

"Well, we were going to see a play of Titanic but we mixed up the times and now we are seeing an opera."

Christian sighed and look out of the window. I did the same and closed my eyes. I wasn't being annoying and complaining, I just wasn't in the mood for going out anywhere.

We arrived after about 15 mins. and then we all regrouped in the parking lot. Of course, Tatum wanted to sit with me. We got in the theater and I chose to sit farther back from the rest of the family because there weren't enough seats available near the front. Tatum wasn't too happy but she got over it when I told her that I would buy her some ice cream afterwards.

Just as the lights dimmed down a little, someone sat in the empty seat next to me. I looked over and saw a familiar wave of blonde hair.

"Jenna?" I asked.

The girl turned around and my eyes were met with those beautiful blue ones.

"Hey! Tyler right?" She asked.

"Yeah!" I said. I don't know why I was talking to her now and couldn't before. "I'm the awkward guy that showed you to the dry cleaners this morning." I noticed that she was wearing the black dress that I thought was a long shirt. It was short sleeved and had a low, round cut at the top. It looked really nice on her.

She laughed. Her smile was also beautiful. Whoever gets her will be a lucky man.

The lights dimmed again until it was completely dark, and then the lights on stage came on and someone started to sing.

"Gosh, I hate operas." I heard Jenna say beside me after about 30 mins.

"Me too. They're so boring, and I can't even understand what they are saying. What language is this even?" I whispered.

Jenna laughed a little and looked over at me.

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

She smiled. "Nothing. you're just..."

"Just what?" I pressed.

"Just...different. A good different." She assured.

"Oh. I get that a lot. My boyfriend said when he first saw me he thought that I was some shy little nerd and was shocked when he noticed how weird and hyper I really am." I laughed, still keeping my voice down so that I wouldn't disturb anyone.

"You're boyfriend?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah." I said confidently. Why try to hide it? "I'm gay."

"Oh." She said. She didn't say it in a judgmental way, nor in a disappointed way. Just a simple 'oh okay, cool' kind of way.

She looked away but I just kept looking at her. She looked back at me wen I didn't look away.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing, I was just expecting a little more...I don't know. A different reaction I guess." I said nervously.

"Well I mean, I wasn't going to hate you because of it. I mean I will admit you are cute and I was kinda hoping we had a thing going on," she said with a smile and a little laugh. "but yeah I totally fine with it."

I smiled. "Okay."

The rest of the opera was really boring, like the beginning. Me and Jenna just talked the whole time though. Soon the cast was taking their bows and the lights slowly dimmed back on.

"Finally." I said as I got up to stretch. Jenna did the same.

"That was probably the most boring thing I've ever watched." She agreed.

I laughed. "We were talking the whole time, when did you ever watch it?"

She laughed also. We went outside and I waited on my family to get out. Jenna had come by herself.

"So, what are doing tonight?" Jenna asked me.

"Nothing. Probably just go home and talk to Josh." I shrugged. Jenna gave a confused look. "My boyfriend." I said after realizing she didn't know who he was.

"Ah" she nodded.

"Yeah." I checked my phone and a picture of Josh was on it. I put him as my lock screen. It read 8:37.

"Is that him?" Jenna asked when she saw it.

I looked at it and smiled a little. "Yeah. He couldn't come with us because he has to be at school." I explained.

"I see. Is that your crowd?" She nodded past me. I turned around.

"Yep." I sighed as I saw Tatum running towards me.

"Tyler, Tyler! I want ice cream!" She yelled as she ran into my arms.

I picked her up and laughed. "Okay, okay. A deal is a deal." I looked at Jenna. "This is my little cousin Tatum, I promised her ice cream because I couldn't sit with her during the opera."

"Oh." She responded and smiled at Tatum.

My mom came up to us.

"Hey Tyler, sorry about that." She said. She looked over at Jenna.

"This is Jenna. I met her this morning and she sat with me during the opera." I introduced her.

"Oh, well hello Jenna, I'm Tyler's mom." She said kindly.

"Hello. I'm Jenna Black. Nice to meet you." Jenna introduced herself.

My mom turned to me. "Tyler, we all want to just go back to the hotel. Could you just take a car to get Tatum some ice cream?" She asked me.

"Yeah, sure." I said. "Do we have a car for me to borrow?"

"Oh, you can just ride with me. We are staying in the same hotel so I can just drive you guys to get some ice cream." Jenna suggested.

"Are you sure? You really don't have to." I told her.

"Yes, I'm positive, and I kinda want some ice cream also." She said sheepishly.

"Okay. Is that okay with you mom?" I asked, turned back towards her.

"It's okay with me. Are you sure you're okay with that Jenna?"

"Yeah yeah it's okay. As long as Tatum is okay with it." She responded.

"Yep!" Tatum answered happily.

"Alright then. I'll see you later then I guess. Drive save, and don't let Tatum run away." She said.

"Okay. Bye." I said.

She walked off and back with the others. Me, Jenna and Tatum all went to Jenna's car and drove to the nearest ice cream place.

"Okay, looks like this is the place." Jenna said as she pulled in. I didn't feel comfortable driving it. I would have felt guilty if it had gotten messed up.

"Yay!" Tatum cheered from the back seat. Me and Jenna laughed at her.

We all got out and walked up to the window where a small line was.

"What would you ladies like?" I asked kindly.

"Chocolate!" Tatum answered immediately.

"Alright. What would you like Jenna?" I asked her.

She looked up at the signs. "I think I'm gonna get the caramel chocolate swirl." She answered thoughtfully.

"Okay. And I'll get...lets see.." I looked up at the selection of ice cream flavors. "I guess I'll get the strawberry."

We waited in line and eventually it was our turn to order. I walked up to the window to a tall, skinny dirty blonde with blue eyes and very defined cheek bones. She looked like she would be a nice model.

"Hello, I'm Cara and what can I get for you today?" She asked.

"I would like a small chocolate ice cream in a cup, a medium caramel chocolate swirl and a medium strawberry in cones please." I said.

"Alright, that will be $6.76. I'll be right back with your ice cream and.." She dropped her voice down to a whisper with a seductive look in her eyes, "maybe even some digits." She winked.

"Sorry, but I'm gay." I said, earning a red faced Cara.

"Oh." She said and then walked away.

I chucked, but felt kinda bad. I pulled out my wallet and was getting out my money when Jenna stopped me.

"Oh no Tyler, I'll pay for me." She said and held out her money.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I need to pay you back for bringing us here." I rejected.

"No, really it's fine. I wanted to come here anyways." She said, not backing down.

"Jenna, it's okay. Just let me pay and you can owe me." I said.

She sighed but let me lay anyways.

We sat down on a bench and ate our ice cream with Tatum's continuos talking and singing. Jenna though it was cute but I just thought it was annoying.

"Choooccccoooolaaaaate. Iiiiiiiiiiccceeeee creeeeme. iiiiin aaaaaa cuuuup!" She sang. I rolled my eyes.

Jenna laughed and licked her ice cream. "Caaaaaarremeeeel, chooooooccclaaate, sssswwwiiiirrrrrrrrl iiiinnn a coooone." She playfully sang back.

I decided to join in. "Straaaawbeeerrryyyy iiiiiinn aaaa ccoooooooooooooooone!" I sang, holding out 'cone' and hitting a high note at the end.

Jenna's eyes widened a little. "Impressive."

I smirked. "I know."

____

I am a terrible person. Please forgive me! I know it took forever and I hate doing this! Please please please VOTE and COMMENT, it really helps me a lot! Love you guys, BYE! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862 29 17
Tyler is an unhappy man with the perfect life, then he meets someone that changes that all. Joshler AU based off the Twenty One Pilots self-titled al...
130K 7.4K 60
In which Josh is a leader of a youth club and Tyler is a bratty teen who stumbles into the youth club completely by accident.
63K 3.9K 32
Tyler is a nobody and hates popular jocks like Josh. Cover made by @gayboyharry (aka the master of cover making♡) ©Blurry_Writer
58K 3.6K 28
[COMPLETED | RE-WRITE OF ORIGINAL !!!] aka the one in which Tyler's failed suicide attempt lands him in rehab where he meets Josh; an unreadable boy...