Together (A Harry Potter love...

By arianaxoxo1234

Millie Donovan's Hogwarts adventure continues here in her third year at Hogwarts, when she finally realises h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

10

7.6K 230 252
By arianaxoxo1234

MILLIES POV

Very shaken, the Care of Magical Creatures class followed in Hagrid's direction at a walk. The Slytherins were all shouting about him.

"They should sack him straight away!" Parkinson yelled, who was in tears.

"It was Malfoy's fault!" Dean snapped. Crabbe and Goyle flexed their muscles threateningly.

"Don't you two start," I growled, glancing between the two Slytherin boys. "If you and Malfoy hadn't been whispering about how to sabotage Hagrid's class, Malfoy would've known not to insult a Hippogriff!"

Crabbe and Goyle exchanged a confused look and I sighed - they probably didn't understand a word I had just said.

"I'm going to see if he's okay!" Parkinson cried, and I watched her run up the marble staircase in disgust. The Slytherins, still muttering about Hagrid, headed away in the direction of their common room; the Gryffindors proceeded upstairs to Gryffindor Tower.

"D'you think he'll be alright?" Mione asked nervously.

"'Course he will," Harry said instantly, running his hand through his messy hair.

Mione didn't look convinced.

"Madam Pom Pom can mend cuts in about a second," I reassured my bestfriend, rubbing her arm.

"That was a really bad thing to happen in Hagrid's first lesson, though, wasn't it?" said Ron, looking worried. "Trust Malfoy to mess things up for him..."

We were among the first to reach the Great Hall at dinner-time, hoping to see Hagrid, but he wasn't there.

"They wouldn't sack him, would they?" Mione said anxiously, not touching her food.

"They'd better not," said Ron, who wasn't eating either.

I was watching the Slytherin table. A large group, including Crabbe and Goyle, were huddled together, deep in conversation. I was sure they were cooking up their own version of how Malfoy had got injured.

"Well, you can't say it wasn't an interesting first day back," said Ron gloomily.

We went up to the crowded Gryffindor common room after dinner and tried to do the homework Professor McGonagall (aka Minnie) had set us, but I kept breaking off and glancing out of the tower window.

"There's a light on in Hagrid's window," Harry said suddenly, straightening up.

I bit my lip in anticipation, while Ron looked at his watch.

"If we hurried, we could go and see him, it's still quite early-"

"I don't know," said Mione slowly, glancing at Harry.

"I'm allowed to walk across the grounds," he moaned pointedly, standing up. "Sirius Black hasn't got past the Dementors here, has he?"

So we put our things away and headed out of the portrait hole, glad not to meet anybody on our way to the front doors, as I wasn't entirely sure we were supposed to be out.

The grass was still wet and looked almost black in the twilight. When we reached Hagrid's hut, we knocked and a voice growled, "C'min."

Hagrid was sitting in his shirt-sleeves at his scrubbed wooden table; Fang had his head in Hagrid's lap. One look told me that Hagrid had been drinking a lot; there was a pewter tankard almost as big as a bucket in front of him, and he seemed to be having difficulty in getting us into focus.

"'Spect it's a record," he said thickly, once he'd recognised us. "Don' reckon they've ever had a teacher who on'y lasted a day before."

I gasped. "You haven't been sacked, have you?"

"Not yet," Hagrid slurred, taking a huge gulp of whatever was in the tankard. "But 's only a matter o' time, i'n't it, after Malfoy..."

"How is he?" Ron asked, as we all sat down. "It wasn't serious, was it?"

"Madam Pomfrey fixed him best she could," Hagrid answered dully, "but he's sayin' it's still agony...covered in bandages...moanin'..."

"He's faking it," said Harry at once. "Madam Pomfrey can mend anything. She regrew half my bones last year. Trust Malfoy to milk it for all it's worth."

"School gov'nors have bin told, o' course," said Hagrid miserably. "They reckon I started too big. Shoulda left Hippogriffs fer later...done Flobberworms or summat...jus' thought it'd make a good firs' lesson...'s all my fault..."

"It's all Malfoy's problem," I corrected him firmly.

"We're witnesses," said Mione. "You said Hippogriffs attack if you insult them. It's Malfoy's problem he wasn't listening. We'll tell Dumbledore what really happened."

"Yeah, don't worry, Hagrid, we'll back you up," said Ron.

Tears leaked out of the crinkled corners of Hagrid's beetle-black eyes. He grabbed both Harry and Ron and pulled them into a bone-breaking hug. I caught Mione's eye and snorted.

"I think you've had enough to drink, Hagrid," said Mione, taking the tankard from the table and going outside to empty it.

"Ar, maybe she's right," Hagrid slurred, letting go of Harry and Ron, who both staggered away, rubbing their ribs. Harry stumbled right into me, and I pushed his back gently, giggling. Hagrid heaved himself out of his chair and followed Mione unsteadily outside. I heard a loud splash.

"What's he done?" said Harry, as Mione came back in with the empty tankard.

"Stuck his head in the water barrel," Mione told us, putting the tankard away.

Hagrid came back, his long hair and beard sipping wet, wiping the water out of his eyes.

"Tha's better," he said, shaking his head like a dog and drenching us all. "Listen, it was good if yeh ter come an' see me, I really-"

Hagrid stopped dead, staring at Harry as though he'd only just realised he was there.

"WHAT D'YEH THINK YOU'RE DOIN', EH?" he roared, so suddenly that I jumped a foot in the air. "YEH'RE NOT TO GO WANDERIN' AROUND AFTER DARK, HARRY! AN' YOU THREE! LETTIN' HIM!"

Hagrid strode over to Harry, grabbed his arm and pulled him to the door.

"C'mon!" Hagrid said angrily. "I'm takin' yer all back up ter school, an' don' let me catch yeh walkin' down ter see me after dark again. I'm not worth it!"

"Yes, you are," I told him quietly, smiling.

He sent me a drunken smile back, before starting towards the castle.

We hurried after Hagrid, who was still muttering angrily under his breath. Because I was now soaked, I kept shivering in the cold temperature. My eyes darted to Harry walking next to me, who was laughing quietly at Ron imitating Hagrid's drunken walk. I eyed Harry's cloak that he had cleverly worn over his uniform, then glanced at my own shirt and skirt. I bit my lip, before shyly tugging on his arm.

"Harry-"

His emerald eyes looked me up and down, then without a word he pulled his cloak off and wrapped it around my shoulders.

"Better?" he asked quietly.

I nodded. "Thanks, H-"

"Here, Millie," Ron said, ripping his cloak off, too, and wrapping it around my body. "There you go-"

"Ron!" Mione hissed, having watched the scene. "They were clearly having a moment."

Both Harry and I began talking at the same time.

"No, we weren't-"

"What do you mean, a moment-"

Mione laughed, shaking her head. "Am I really the only one who can see it?"

Harry and I glanced at each other, then at her.

"See what?" Harry said.

But Mione just laughed again, winked at me, and walked away.

"Don't worry about it," Ron whispered to us, staring after Mione. "She's just jealous because I didn't give her my cloak..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although Harry's cloak had kept me warm at the time, I guess the cold temperature had already gotten into my body. The next morning, I woke with a thumping headache and a chesty cough. I felt terrible, though it at least gave me an excuse not to go to classes. Mione had kindly brought me some breakfast from the Great Hall before her first class, so that I could eat.

I had been in bed asleep all day. I rolled over and squinted at the clock on the wall; it read 13:30 pm, meaning that afternoon classes had begun thirty minutes ago. I groaned, lying on my back and staring up at the ceiling. Mione had insisted I go to Madam Pomfrey this morning, but I had been too tired. Now that I was feeling slightly better, I pulled myself out of my four-poster and chucked a jumper over my pyjamas. I tied my hair into a messy bun and left the dormitory, shutting the door behind me. I walked down the stairs, rubbing my eyes, hoping that Madam Pomfrey would have some kind of potion to make me feel better.

When I reached the common room, however, I stopped. This was the first time I had seen it completely empty, as everyone was in class. It was extremely peaceful and comforting, with the fire blazing out warm air. I dropped down into an armchair, pulling a blanket over myself and curling my legs up. I was just about to drift off again when someone called my name.

"Mills?"

I opened my eyes to see Harry standing over by the portrait hole with a confused expression.

I coughed, before croaking, "Yeah?"

A breathy chuckle left Harry's lips as he shook his head, before tucking a hand into his pocket and walking over to me.

"No, don't come any closer," I said in a muffled voice, sitting up. "I'm ill."

"I know," he said, tilting his head, "Hermione said. I was in Transfiguration and told McGonagall I needed the toilet. I don't think she believed me, but she let me go anyway."

I smiled weakly, wrapping the blanket further around myself. Harry pushed his sleeves up to his elbows as he stepped closer to the armchair.

"Harry, stop," I argued. "You could get sick."

"Mills," Harry said stubbornly, "I really don't care."

There was silence before I sighed. "Fine. But don't touch me, okay?"

"Wouldn't dream of it," Harry said, winking. I smiled again - he was taking my mind away from the scratchiness in my throat.

Harry walked over to the chair and took a seat on the arm. He frowned when I looked up at him. "Are you alright?" Harry whispered, resting his hand on my forehead before quickly pulling away. "Shit, Mills," he mumbled, his green eyes widening, "you're burning. Do you want to go to the Hospital Wing? I can take you-"

"I'm fine here," I reassured him dismissively, tremors running down my arm as I shivered.

"Are you cold?" Harry stood up immediately and snatched another blanket off of the nearest sofa. He draped it over me gently, rubbing my arms.

I chuckled, though it sounded strained as I coughed once more. "Careful, H, you almost look worried for me."

He rolled his eyes, though his gaze returned to my face almost instantly. "Mills, please. You need to go to the hospital wing."

"Harry." I grinned, though it felt like more like a grimace, "I'm fine."

But Harry didn't seem the least bit convinced; he stared at me through narrowed eyes.

"Stop doing that," I croaked, pushing his face gently.

"Can't help it." He shrugged. "You look pretty, even like this."

The heat that was already at my cheeks increased as I leant my head against the back of the armchair. "How are lessons?"

"Boring," he replied, in an amused tone.

"Because I'm not there?" I murmured sleepily, my lips curving into a small smile.

"Because you're not there," Harry repeated, chuckling softly. "Oh, I took notes in Transfiguration for you to borrow but then I got bored and left, so you better use Hermione's instead."

I smiled in response, shivering like a twig.

Harry frowned before gently pushing me over and sliding into the armchair beside me. He lifted the blankets so that they were covering him, too. My eyes widened as one of his arms slid over my waist and I was pulled into his warm chest.

"Harry James Potter, what in Merlin's name are you doing?"

He shushed me, rubbing soothing circles on my waist over the fabric of my pyjama shorts. "Just go to sleep. You feel warmer now, don't you?"

I hummed back absentmindedly, snuggling closer to him as my eyes began to droop. "Promise me you'll go back to Transfiguration soon? Tell Minnie I should be back tomorrow."

"Minnie?" Harry repeated softly, resting his head on top of mine. "Why Min-"

"Harry..."

"Right, sorry," he whispered, "you can explain tomorrow. I promise."

So Harry and I laid there, his arms wrapped around me in an almost protective manner. I fell asleep instantly, peacefully dreaming, and when I woke an hour later, he had kept his promise and gone back to class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 497 112
(FRED WEASLEY LOVE STORY) (Y/n) Black, a beautiful girl and has a lot of secrets from her past, will she be able to over come the challenges with bei...
566K 14.3K 62
What if Harry Potter wasn't shy, awkward, or in other words, absolutely useless when it came to girls? What if he was the complete opposite - confide...
4.7K 199 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N is a Weasley, and a twin. Ronald's twin. Going back to Hogwar...
14.5K 421 7
Ron and Hermione fell in love at the end of their second year and attempt to have a relationship. Molly notices it and does not agree with it due to...