The People Who're Supposed To...

By dummyt

Latest Chapters can be found at https://dummynovels.com/novel/the-people-whore-suppose-to-kill-me-all-fell-fo... More

Chapter 1: First day of being a cannon fodder
Chapter 2: Extremely delicious
Chapter 3: Marking possesions
Chapter 4: Complete care
Chapter 5.1 Retracting one's claw
Chapter 5.2 Retracting one's claws
Chapter 6.1 Tamed
Chapter 6.2 Tamed
Chapter 7.1 Tail
Chapter 7.2 Tail
Chapter 8 Kiss
Chapter 9: Not allowed
Chapter 10: An upright writer
Chapter 11: Rubbing a soft belly
Chapter 12: Favorite thing is the ball
Chapter 13: Starting to panic
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16.1 Welcome
Chapter 16.2: Welcome
Chapter 17: Moved
Chapter 18: Okay, here we go
Chapter 19.1 Fierce
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20: I'm back
Chapter 21: Jealousy
Chapter 22.1 Earth
Chapter 22.2 Earth
Chapter 22.3: Earth
Chapter 23.1: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.2: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.3: Teasing the cat
Chapter 24: Mine
Chapter 25: Ring finger
Chapter 26: Proposal
Chapter 27: Getting closer
Chapter 28: He is very good
Chapter 29: Consequences
Chapter 30: Open your eyes
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 part 1
Chapter 44 part 2
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Arc 3
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112

Chapter 113

672 16 0
By dummyt

Editor: meowmiao

External forces. Once he heard this word, Gu Yan instinctively frowned but almost immediately, two pale fingers pressed against his temples, preventing him from furrowing his brows.

After being interrupted by his lover, Gu Yan couldn't stay upset. By the time he regained his calm, his cheeks were already being kissed by the man behind him and then, there was an additional weight on his shoulder.

This way of calming down another person was against the rules, but its effectiveness couldn't be doubted.

At the start, Gu Yan never thought about the possibility of external forces. After Xu Qiu reported his lack of knowledge regarding this matter, Gu Yan assumed it must have been a traitor who went behind his Qiuqiu's back when he was away. It appears that the situation was different from what he had thought.

"Kun Yi Mountain has a dragon vein?" Having grasped the main point, Gu Yan wanted to confirm it.

If it was a regular matter, Gu Yan wouldn't have wanted to probe further as a member of the organisation who existed in name. But now, it involved the dragon vein. As someone who also lived on this land, he couldn't just ignore it.

Gu Yan was the author who created the 9×9 dragon veins setting. This included its effect on the country. But if you delved deeper, he hadn't specified the exact locations of these 81 dragon veins, so he didn't know either.

"It's the most annoying one." He had probably been persuaded by his disciple. Grandmaster Zhao's voice returned to normal but his anger towards the external power couldn't be concealed.

The capital itself was the most prosperous area of China, which was directly related to China's history. The Purple Emperor Star had a lot of influence over this land, and the dragon vein that had the biggest effect on the nation appeared here.

However, Kun Yi Mountain was situated far from the city and the specific location of a dragon vein was always top secret. Only particular departments and people would know of it. This time, external powers had set their sights on it. Internal investigations had ruled out the possibility of a mole so the only other explanation was that the other side had planned this for a long time. After lying low for so long, they had finally decided to strike.

Master Zhao's willingness to answer this question showed his immense trust towards the youth. This matter was very tricky. He actually thought of asking the dark-haired youth for help because everything else aside, the ghost standing by the youth's side could easily solve all their problems.

But this matter concerned the interests of two nations. It was a conflict within the human realm and since the youth desired to not interfere with their affairs, he dared not disturb the latter.

"If Senior doesn't mind, please tell me the situation." With these words, Gu Yan expressed that he wanted to take things into his own hands. Even if he was generous enough to not cause trouble for the external powers, he still had to solve the problem of evil spirits gathering on Kun Yi Mountain for his family's Qiuqiu. Moreover, Gu Yan wasn't magnanimous to be indifferent to those who wanted to touch his country's dragon vein.

The other side had already come knocking on their door, he had to let them leave in tears.

This matter wasn't too complicated. The crux was that there was someone on Kun Yi Mountain utilising the terrain to lay an enormously complex array. This had gone undetected until the effects alerted the different departments.

According to Grandmaster Zhao's explanation of this formation, the seniors in the department could not figure out its source. This array was extremely vicious. It would attract misfortune and evil spirits. Meanwhile, the gathering of these ghosts and spirits would increase the accumulated grievances.

If it was allowed to grow, the mountain range where the dragon veins with excellent Feng Shui was located would eventually lose its power due to excessive pollution. When spiritual energy is exhausted, the dragon vein will naturally cease to exist. This was probably the ultimate goal of the enemy.

Array. Everything else aside, Gu Yan was the most confident when it came to arrays.

Speaking of books, there was nowhere that could be compared to the ghost king's study. It contained ancient records of all categories since time immemorial, such as the array records Gu Yan had learnt from.

As far as Xie Lan was concerned, his collection of ancient records related to spiritual arts was just to know thyself and thy enemy. Later, when spiritual arts gradually declined, these ancient books basically lost their purpose, until they were given to the youth.

These ancient books and classics related to array formations were internalised by Gu Yan. He could understand the spells of certain complex arrays even if he was unable to use them. Since he said that he was confident in his knowledge of arrays, this confidence didn't come from nowhere.

At present, the divination masters in the particular departments of the country were still caught up with dealing with this array. They were using means to mitigate its effect rather than solving its cause. Each and every one of them was focused on clearing the ghosts and spirits attracted by the array because they hadn't found a way to break it.

After learning that everyone would attempt to break the array for the first time the day after tomorrow, Gu Yan expressed his interest in joining in. He finally ended the call after obtaining Grandmaster Zhao's consent.

"The passage between the two realms is now closed, we can't send any reinforcements over." The ghost king rested his chin on the youth's shoulders and spoke slowly. His words gradually became normal, "Qiuqiu will accompany Ah Yan."

It can't actually be called 'accompany', since it was he who wanted to go with him. It was to prevent the youth from leaving him behind.

"I wasn't planning to leave you behind..." Gu Yan sighed unconsciously and turned his head to kiss the corner of his lover's slightly narrowed eyes. "I won't leave you behind."

His lover always seemed to remember what happened in the first world. Since then, if he wasn't stuck firmly beside him, he would show evident signs of insecurity and a lack of reality.

This was one of the rare times Xie Lan did not respond. After listening to the youth's words, he merely tightened the hand wrapped around the youth's waist and remained silent.

A person was more likely to remember the pain they felt compared to joy, which was why people always remembered painful things more deeply. Repeated recollection made it easier to deepen this painful memory and eventually, it becomes deeply imprinted in one's mind.

Just a little more, as long as he could achieve enough power to always have this person, Xie Lan would feel a sense of security. But now was not yet the time.

"Qiuqiu, be good." A kiss at the corner of his eyes made the ghost king relax a little, so Gu Yan continued kissing him.

As a result, the cold indifference on the ghost king's pale and handsome face gradually relaxed. In the end, his lashes trembled. Xie Lan gave a small 'en', as he drew the young man's left hand closer. He returned a kiss on the youth's ring finger.

"Several seniors have already gone to Kun Yi Mountain to explore. We need to work hard too." Cold lips fell upon his ring finger. Gu Yan had just begun to feel a ticklish sensation before his fingers were firmly grasped.

A sense of security can't be formed in a day, but over time. Coincidentally, Gu Yan had inexhaustible patience for his lover.

Kun Yi Mountain was remote. To what extent, you ask? Even if you found ten drivers extremely familiar with the capital, there wouldn't be a single one who knew where it was.  

After arriving at their destination, Gu Yan discovered that the entire mountain had been cordoned off. If his license hadn't been delivered in time, he would not be able to enter the periphery of Kun Yi Mountain.

   "They say that the effect of this array can extend to a hundred miles." Gu Yan was observing his lover for any changes while they were on the road, but fortunately, the array did not seem to have any effect on him.

Gu Yan could feel the array once he was near the periphery of this mountain. Even if he had mentally prepared himself, he couldn't help being a little intimidated. The person who laid the array nearly turned the entire mountain into its foundation .

If this wasn't an enemy, Gu Yan really wanted to find this person for an in depth discussion of arrays. Unfortunately, it was an enemy.

After obtaining information on the situation, the staff at the fence brought Gu Yan to the seniors who had arrived earlier

"There's no use in finding the eye of the array. This person hadn't even attempted to conceal it, he's confident we won't be able to break this array." Despite having found the eye of the array, they were still unable to do anything about it for two days. Grandmaster Luo couldn't help gnashing his teeth as he said this.

At this time, Grandmaster Luo looked up and saw the dark-haired youth being led by their department staff... along with a ghost. His expression instantly relaxed as he waved. "Grandmaster Zhao informed me you would come."

"Senior Luo, can you bring me to take a look at the eye of the array you mentioned?" Having the eye of the array was the biggest clue to breaking it. If it was an array he had read about in the ancient records, Gu Yan was confident in breaking it.

"Sure." Grandmaster Luo agreed without thinking.

The eye of the array wasn't too far from where they had been. It was just about a hundred stairs down.

"Nine Temple Zhoutian Array..." Just as he came before the eye of the array, Gu Yan was stunned by the familiarity of the array. But he quickly reacted, "No. Not right. This is the opposite of the Nine Temple Zhoutian array."

It was originally a complex array used to ward off and exorcise spirits. But now, it was the opposite. One could imagine its effects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

984K 23.7K 42
Limitied Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Wh...
3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.5M 91.2K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
218K 23.7K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...