The People Who're Supposed To...

By dummyt

Latest Chapters can be found at https://dummynovels.com/novel/the-people-whore-suppose-to-kill-me-all-fell-fo... More

Chapter 1: First day of being a cannon fodder
Chapter 2: Extremely delicious
Chapter 3: Marking possesions
Chapter 4: Complete care
Chapter 5.1 Retracting one's claw
Chapter 5.2 Retracting one's claws
Chapter 6.1 Tamed
Chapter 6.2 Tamed
Chapter 7.1 Tail
Chapter 7.2 Tail
Chapter 8 Kiss
Chapter 9: Not allowed
Chapter 10: An upright writer
Chapter 11: Rubbing a soft belly
Chapter 12: Favorite thing is the ball
Chapter 13: Starting to panic
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16.1 Welcome
Chapter 16.2: Welcome
Chapter 17: Moved
Chapter 18: Okay, here we go
Chapter 19.1 Fierce
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20: I'm back
Chapter 21: Jealousy
Chapter 22.1 Earth
Chapter 22.2 Earth
Chapter 22.3: Earth
Chapter 23.1: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.2: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.3: Teasing the cat
Chapter 24: Mine
Chapter 25: Ring finger
Chapter 26: Proposal
Chapter 27: Getting closer
Chapter 28: He is very good
Chapter 29: Consequences
Chapter 30: Open your eyes
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 part 1
Chapter 44 part 2
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Arc 3
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113

Chapter 99

1.6K 99 3
By dummyt

Translator: Vivi and Kyo576

Editor: Mimishijie

Proofreader: PenguinStel

Thankfully, before Zhao Huan could make a move, the old man finally recovered from choking on a mouthful of tea. He hurriedly sat back down and slapped the other person's back a couple of times to help him.

Zhao Huan was part of the new generation of divination masters in the spiritual realm, so naturally, he wasn't part of the important expedition that had gone into the Ghost City. Therefore, he didn't know who the pale and beautiful ghost who'd appeared wearing a dark robe was to actually cause such a huge reaction from his teacher.

Luckily, he hadn't drunk the water, otherwise, he probably wouldn't have been any better off. Grandmaster Luo silently set his cup of tea back onto the table. Although he appeared calm, the slight tremble of his hands throughout the entire process couldn't be ignored.

That was too close. He was already at such an age, yet he still had to experience such a fright... God knows how much he wanted to slap a heart-stabilising talisman onto himself to ensure that what he was seeing wasn't a hallucination.

"Xiao Gu, does your contracted spirit have a shape-shifting ability? Why don't you get it to change into a different appearance? This face is truly quite difficult for us old people to look at, because... you know..." Grandmaster Luo touched his chest, where he could feel his racing heart. Of all forms this spirit could have taken, why did it have to choose the Ghost King's appearance? Was this a spirit that relied on scaring others away using its appearance?

Till now, Luo Qun didn't think that the ghost in front of them was the same one they'd seen back in Ghost City. The ghost hailed as 'Lord Xie Lan' was an absolutely terrifying existence, these divination masters could write an entire novel on how scary he was.

The things that the other party had done in the last millennium, especially how they had established something like an 'order' millennia ago; seriously speaking, it could pretty much fill up an entire novel.

As the saying goes, know yourself, know your enemy, and you'll survive through a hundred battles unscathed. Facing the thorniest enemy of the human realm, the spirit organization never neglected any word it said. After all, its weakness might lie hidden within them.

This kind of existence had remained at the top for several thousands of years and had the power to experience the thrill of ending lives. How could something like that be willing to suffer under the hands of a human, let alone so willingly call out the word 'Master'——

But just as he finished speaking, Grandmaster Luo suddenly felt his left eyelid twitch. Left represented fortune, right was misfortune. If there was something about to happen, it indicated that the events should be good, but his heart didn't carry a shred of hope.

The ghost who had been resting his chin on the dark-haired youth's shoulder squinted his eyes and sat upright, beginning to monitor the reaction of the youth beside him.

Can't look at him? Was there something wrong with his face?

It had nothing to do with being human or ghost, Xie Lan usually had no sense of aesthetics on anything apart from the youth, including himself. He thought that the dark-haired youth before his eyes was very good looking, but when he heard the other person say those words, he wasn't able to judge the quality of his own looks.

This face...

The dark-coloured cloak contrasted against Xie Lan's fingers, causing them to seem even more pale and clear as it touched his porcelain yet still abnormally handsome face. When they moved to touch the corner of his lips, Xie Lan removed his hand from his face. Instead, he picked up the hand of the youth beside him and, lowering his head, he gently rubbed his cheek against his palm.

Gu Yan originally wanted to answer, but he choked on his words when he felt his lover's sudden movements. This kind of 'demanding favour' actions added onto that face... it was too bewitching. At least, Gu Yan couldn't look away under the other's gaze.

His appearance in this world was not to be outdone by the Elves of the last world; it was difficult for him to resist.

The youth liked his face; this was the conclusion that he came to. This Ghost King, who was still considering whether he should change his face, once again squinted his eyes and quieted down.

"This is how he looked originally." Despite knowing that it would be difficult for the grandmasters to accept the idea that he had dragged the Ghost King out into the human realm, he still decided to state the truth.

Zhao Huan watched as his teacher and the other seniors' expressions fluctuated between green and ashen, he decided to bite the bullet and ask, conflicted, "S-shifu... There are heart-stabilising pills in the car. Shall this disciple bring it over?"

Taking a deep breath, Zhao Xu tried his best to digest the youth's words. He looked at his ignorant disciple and wanted to sigh at the fearlessness of the youth.

Because this young calf still didn't know what a tiger looked like, so it had no fear.

"Sit down properly, how unsightly you look, sitting down one moment and getting up the next." Zhao Xu shook his head at his disciple, who was still young; when they returned, he would give him supplementary lessons. Right now, he just needed to sit there and know his place.

The ghost opposite them seemingly expressed his intimacy with the dark-haired youth beside him with every action he made. For example, right now, he was holding onto the youth's hand and playing with his fingers, while the one being played with acted as if he was used to it.

He didn't understand and didn't want to understand how the hell this happened. However, the facts placed in front of him couldn't be more legitimate, causing one to be speechless, unable to find anything to retort.

Disaster had befallen the junior spirit-tamers, they received the most powerful...the moment they came. If the other party could really make the one beside him listen to orders obediently, then they would go down willingly as the precedents of that division who successfully managed to command even the Ghost King.

In the silence of the apartment, Xie Lan played with the long and pretty fingers of the youth. Thinking, the Ghost King turned his head to watch the youth beside him, and spoke in passing, "The peace treaty between the Ghost City and human realm is valid for the long term."

Actually, it could even be said to be everlasting. He wouldn't do anything to this side of the world, it was the world that this youth lived in after all.

The few living people opposite of them, apart from the young man whose state of mind still wasn't stable, the other two were both very afraid of him. Xie Lan could see the fear hidden deep within those pair of eyes.

This wasn't good. If these people made such an expression and made the target of his gaze become scared of him too, he would be very troubled.

These living people wanted to protect this side of the world, so he would promise not to destroy it. This way, these humans should probably be more at ease.

"However, he indeed needs to pretend for a while and change his form when attending the convention." Returning the grip that the ghost had on his fingers, Gu Yan didn't try to do anything to hide their intimacy.

As an author, Gu Yan knew that the character of these three people were just. They wouldn't spread the news of the ghost beside him to create trouble for them. There would be many people at the spiritual convention, other grandmasters who had seen Xie Lan before would also be there, so of course, he had to disguise himself.

Steady. The results of the spiritual convention this time were settled.

Taking into account the exchange between the ghost and human pair, as long as one wasn't blind, it was easy to tell what kind of relationship they had.

A human getting together with a ghost, there were many cases of this happening to the grandmasters in the spirit-taming field. The youth was not the first precedent, but...

Xie Lan. The two senior grandmasters once again trembled as they ran this name through their minds once more.

Seems like love not only made humans blind, it also made ghosts blind too. This Ghost King actually threw away the entire Ghost City to follow this youth to this side of the world. What more could they say?

This youth was from their Country of Hua Xia, therefore this Master of Ghost City would definitely be biased towards the Hua Xia people. Ghost City didn't separate into different countries; just based on this fact, they were smiling even in their dreams!

If this continued, they might even be able to retire early.

They didn't ask things that shouldn't be asked. Once they finished drinking their tea, the three guests took their leave. Those who disturb others' love life would be kicked by a donkey; if one had even a hint of self-consciousness, they would be aware.

The members of the spiritual organization needed to register themselves. Afterwards, their identification, which was made of a special material, would be distributed to them for the convenience of entering and exiting certain places. Before he left, Grandmaster Luo said that he would help him register with the organization and send someone to deliver the pass to them when it was ready. Gu Yan nodded and thanked him; it was good that he didn't have to personally go over just to collect it.

He sent the guests off before he closed and locked the door then, he turned around, and thus, Gu Yan was trapped against the door by his family's chilled lover.

He knew that any little bit of warmth was falsified. His actual body temperature couldn't be described simply as cool, but ice-cold. But no matter what it was, Gu Yan didn't really mind.

"Ah Yan's not afraid of me."

The pale lips that were currently kissing his cheeks were like a feather landing on his skin.

"Afraid of what?" Instead of answering 'not afraid', Gu Yan redirected the topic with a question of his own. He temporarily indulged the pale ghost's behaviour of pressing him against the door, and also his habit of licking at the corner of his lips.

Xie Lan couldn't answer, because he wouldn't do anything bad towards this person. As for possessing him, of course, this couldn't be considered as something bad——

"They're all afraid of me." After some consideration, he stated this fact. The Master of Ghost City had finished licking the lips of the youth, he moved down to his neck. He licked a few unnoticeable marks on his skin where a lively pulse beat underneath; imperceptible, but undeniably there.

Hearing this, Gu Yan didn't resist quirking an eyebrow. It's already their nth world of inter-species love, to speak of fear now, his reflex arc could probably wrap around Earth a few times.

Xie Lan heard him chuckle and squinted, then buried his face into the hollow of his neck, "Want Ah Yan."

The deep voice contained hidden depths of hoarseness. The youth had an extremely high innate skill for cultivating, adding onto his primordial energy, he was probably at the stage where he could tolerate doing those kinds of things with him.

His back leaned on the wooden door behind him, Gu Yan saw that his lover had no intentions of letting him go. Thus, he just directly indulged him completely and relaxed.

After relaxing, what followed after was within his expectations. Considering the hardness of the door and how his back was using it as support, if they did it too long, his back would hurt slightly.

'Stubbornly insisting on doing things in this type of place, what kind of interest is this?' Gu Yan thought with difficulty with whatever was left of his consciousness.

On the second day, he needed to mention that the members of the spiritual organization were very efficient. A member dressed as a regular deliveryman delivered two items to them.

A card made completely out of black crystal, and an invitation letter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 33.6K 51
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
2.5M 142K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
910K 13.3K 36
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
3M 123K 58
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...