โœ”๐‘ด๐’€ ๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ฉ๐’€๐‘บ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘น |...

By ralph_vitar

"๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก!" ๐™Š๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ โญ‘๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ*:เผ…๏ฝก.๏ฝกเผ…:*๏พŸ:*:โœผโœฟ โœฟโœผ:*๏พŸ:เผ…๏ฝก.๏ฝกเผ…:... More

๐‚๐‡๐€๐‘๐€๐‚๐“๐„๐‘๐’
๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐Š๐ข๐ ๐Ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค
๐๐š๐ ๐ˆ๐๐ž๐š
๐’๐ฉ๐จ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐๐ซ๐š๐ญ
๐‚๐ซ๐š๐ฌ๐ก ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ
๐’๐š๐ง๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐๐š๐›๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐’๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ž๐ซ
๐€๐๐จ๐ซ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž
๐‹๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐“๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ
๐‰๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ซ
๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ
๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐€ ๐†๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ข๐ซ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐๐ฎ๐ค๐ž
๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐‰๐จ๐›
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ
๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
Sequel

๐‘๐ž๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง

6.8K 67 407
By ralph_vitar

First Grade, 1955

It was early in the morning, kids were going in and out of the playground. Porter's daughter skipped happily to the swings where Jordan sat talking with his boy friends.

"Hey Jordan, are you going you come to my house and play today?" She asked not caring if she disturbed the conversation. Everyone looked at her with discomfort.

"Who are you?" He pretended to be confused. She was surprised by his response.

"Don't be silly Jordan. You know who I am."

He laughed.

"Do you guys know her?" He asked the group, they shook their heads."No? Hm she must be irrelevant."

"Relatent? What's that? And why don't you recognize me? Did I hit you really yesterday? Are you losing your memory?" She put her hand on his forehead to check his temperature. He quickly smacked it away offended.

"What? NO!"

He walked up to her.

"I don't recognize you because I don't know you. You have no importance in life. Irrelevant. Do you need me to spell it out for you? I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T!" He stuck his tongue out at her after finishing his spelling.

"Why are you being mean? I thought we were friends." Harley cried.

"Don't jump to conclusions that easily Harley. No one really wants to be friends with someone like you." He shoved her down, making her fall on the dirt. Almost every kid in the playground began pointing at her and laughing.

Humiliated and betrayed, she stood to her feet as she broke down and ran as far as she could from him.

Later on That Same Year

Benny Rodriguez was walking home one day from school when Jordan ran to catch up to him.

"Hey Benny" His feet slid on the concrete stopping right beside him.

"Hi Phillips. What's up?" Benny asked, watching him exhale air lost from running.

"So you and Red, huh?" They began walking ahead.

"Harley? Oh yeah. She's still my girlfriend." He stated proudly as dating in the first grade was a great flex for any six year old.

Jordan huffed secretly, sucking in his envy. "Oh is she now?"

Benny nodded as they continued walking through the side walk.

"And Rodriguez, tell me. Has she told you about her condition?" Jordan put his arm around his shoulder.

Confusion dropped upon Benny.

"Condition?" He froze in his place.

"You know, her cooties." Jordan laughed acting as if it was common knowledge. Benny furrowed his eyebrows as Jordan began advising.

"You know if I was you I'd keep my distance, It's contagious. So I would forget about hugging, kissing, hand holding. Anything that involves you touching my- I mean Harley," He corrected fastly.

The shocking news frightened Benny of being exposed to the infection. Jordan smiled, accomplished after seeing his look of concern.

"Anyways I should leave. Bye!" He ran away, leaving Benny alone with his thoughts.

Third Grade, 1957

Harley was lined up for a huge water slide. She was excited as this her furst time being in an aquatic park when someone behind her said.

"Don't you think that bathing suit is a little too tight on you?"

She turned around to see the face of who she considered "the most unlikable person in the world."

"Ay, does obesity run in your family?" He continued. She faced agead once again deciding to simply pretend he wasn't there.

"No the problem is no one runs in her family!" His friends joked making everyone in line snigger hysterically.

The next day Harley put roaches in his backpack.

Fourth Grade, 1958

"And that's why our ecosystem is varied in species and population." Harley stated, beginning her presentation off. Her voice was a bit lower than usual since she was nervous to have a lot of people's attention to herself. "It is-"

"Speak up we can't hear you." Someone spoke loudly from across the classroom. She chose to not bother and continue.

"It is the home of many-"

"Miss we can't hear her." Jordan told the teacher. More students seem to be entertained by his complaints than her actual presentation.

"Sweetheart you're going to have to raise your voice a bit so everyone is able to hear you." The teacher said to her. She nodded and inhaled some air, then proceeded.

"IT IS THE HOME OF MANY WILD ANIMALS!" She practically screamed the words in order to irritate him the way he did to her. All he did was cover his ears and stare intensely at her as she presented with a smile on her face.

Fifth Grade, 1959

The Art classroom had recently been used by a previous class but was vacant for the next. There was a rule that the place had to be cleaned up before it ended but some irresponsible students would forget to.

In this occasion, the person sitting in Harley's seat left red paint in the chair she was currently on. She didn't notice the dark liquid when she first walked in.

But now it was time for the class to get supplies from the back of the class to begin a crafting project. There was already a crowd gathered at the table with brushes in it so Harley stood up immediately and spedwalk to it.

As she did so, Jordan also went behind her "coincidentally".

His eyes widened as he observed the dark red stain on the back of her cacky skirt.

"HARLEY'S MENSTRATING!"

Everyone gasped, he chortled.

Harley turned around to see Jordan pointing at her butt while covering his hand with his mouth in shock. The whole class "oohed" embarrassing her even more. Her face became red like the spot on her cloth.

She wanted to cry and scream. But she could only do so much in that little amount of time so she simply ran out the room.

Sixth Grade, 1960

Harley hated a lot of people, including herself. Therefore, making friends was very hard for her to do.

So there she sat in an isolated table bringing carrots to her mouth as she kept her eyes on Ham and his friends a few tables across. She thought about the fastest way to end her life, the possibilities were endless.

But her thoughts were interrupted when a figure stood in front of her. Her gaze moved up to see who it was.

"Hey Red, eating alone again? What a loser you are." Jordan stuck his face in hers trying to intimidate her. There were two other boys to his sides guffawing. She didn't react and instead looked down at her food ignoring them.

"Hey I'm talking to you. Don't you know it's rude not to look at people when they're speaking to you?" He pushed her food tray off the table. She sat up to glare at him.

"And don't you know toothpaste and mouthwash exist? It's rude to have a smelly breath when talking to me. Worry about your hygiene before trying to teach me manners."

She said before trotting out of the cafeteria. Jordan scowled at her as she walked out without caring.

"Dude she totally got you." His friend elbowed him as they laughed.

"Shut up, idiot." He stomped on their foots angrily, making them whine out loud.

Present Time (1962)

A calm and warm-but not too hot, Sunday Evening was the perfect and most exquisite moment for a walk. Harley exited her home holding on to Bacons Leash dragging him out the house.

Ready to meander around the neighborhood with her dog, she swung the keys on her index finger. As she walked off toward the end of the sidewalk.

Unexpectedly, something caught her eye, pausing her tracks for a moment. Her hair flipped as she turned around to see her neighbor sitting on the warm concrete with a worried expression upon himself.

Harley wondered what could the boy could be thinking of such anguish. He did seem to be going through it.

With a shrug and in hopes of making a new friend, she changed paths and pulled on Bacon causing the dog to bark due to the switch of direction.

Immediately sensing someone watching, Scotty looked up seeing the girl approaching him. He nervously gazed down at his feet, uneasy about interacting with her during the difficult circumstances.

"You must be the new kid." She spoke confidently in creating an easy going conversation.

"I guess I am- yeah." He answered roughly.

"Smalls?" She examined his hat since it was the most noticeable thing from her high point of view.

"Scotty. Smalls is my last name." The awkward boy finally stared up to see her face to face. Harley smiled accomplished to get him to talk back with enthusiasm.

"Hi Scotty Smalls. I'm Harley, Hams sister." She reached out for his hand. They shook hands together contentedly.

"Yeah, I know." He nodded as he dropped down on the floor again. His mood instantly went back to a plain yet worrisome.

"Is everything alright?" She asked. They had never met verbally before and she had feared he would turn out to be an "unmannered trash mouth" like the rest of Hams friends.

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure?"

He sighed, deciding to just spill the beans while he's still alive.

"No, not really." He said sadly.

"What's the matter? Maybe I can help." She suggested taking a seat next to him willing to listen.

"I doubt it." He murmured dully, "I mean unless you could somehow get a ball signed by Babe Ruth stolen from my stepdad that is stuck on the other side of the fence where the beast is hidden and get out alive."

"You lost a ball you had borrowed from your stepdad?" She repeated in a loud shout.

"Stolen." He corrected. "Is that what's shocking you the most?" Scotty was suprised that was all she cared about considering a literal beast has the ball.

"Uh, yeah. Do you really believe in the beast? C'mon Scotty. It's just a stupid myth naive kids are afraid of, I mean seriously no dog is that big-"

"That's what I thought at first. Before I saw it." Defending his claim, he stood up whispering to her cautiously.

Harley stared at him like he was crazy.

"Right. Anyway, Good luck getting it back." She laughed, rising up from the ground ready to leave. Out of reflex, Smalls grabbed her by the arm making her stop. She turned to him confused.

"I can prove it's real!"

"Really?" She furrowed her brows doubtfully.

"Yes, follow me." He began leading her to the sandlot.

Phillips Pov

I took a deep breath in, my thoughts running like crazy.

"Sorry, I'm a dumb misogynist. Sorry, I'm a dumb misogynist." The less trembly hand was used to knock on the Porters front door. I had practiced and memorized a whole apology for her.

I had hoped to see her soon, I mean one week is an eternity without her. To be honest, I still don't understand exactly why she's so mad at me. It's common sense that boys are better than girls at most things.

So why is she so bitter about it?

Maybe she lost feelings?

Or does she like someone else?

No, she's not like that. She wouldn't leave me.

She's different. A whole new species. She's one of those people you can never get enough of.

And anyday she's not around, I don't know how to act. It's as if I'm sad?

But I never get sad, I don't even remember the last time I cried. I was probably a new born. Crying is for the weak and girls, of course.

I don't know why I care about her so much all of a sudden. Sure, kissing her and liking her are weird enough things. I think we were even to the point of dating.

But it goes beyond that. It's concerning how much she floods my mind. The desire of being able to kiss her soft lips gets the best of me everytime. Her beautiful smile and curves never fail to captivate me.

She's just so pretty. I cannot risk losing her.

"Sorry, I'm a dumb misog-"

Someone opened the door. I excitedly brought the flowers in my hand up to my chest as I fixed my posture. This only to see it wasn't her.

"Jerry?" I ask as he appears with a bag of chips, crunching on them loudly.

"Hey" he waved, the potatoes still in his mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I ask both confused and disappointed she wasn't the one to greet me. I had risked everything like having to come across Hamilton just to see her.

"I was eating dinner until you knocked. This is my second home ya know. " Jerry explained leaning on the side of the doorframe. I roll my eyes.

"Is Harley here?" Getting on my tip toes to search for her, I peek behind him finding the livingroom area empty.

"No she went out with the neighbor guy." He replied with yawn.

"Benny?" I question instantly.

"I think so." He shrugged. A grunt came out of me from defeat.

"Shit, Rodriguez is trying to steal her from me, again." I put my hair back as I angrily pace around.

Jerry gives me a confused look.

"He thinks just because he humiliated me the same day we broke up he could ruin my chances of getting back together. Then he's mistaken big time." I shake my head glaring at his house right across from where I was at.

"Look, I'm sorry for your loss. I know your team really wanted to show off your skills." Jerry continued on rubbing my back.

"We didn't lose. Those punks got lucky. If only I'd gotten a millimeter close to third base we'd be the ones going home victoriously. And Harley would still be with me." I clarify.

"Jordan if I'm being honest I don't think that's why she bro-"

"Get one thing straight Jerimiah, Jordan Phillips never loses. And he has the perfect plan to win her back." I interrupt laughing mischievously as I rub my hands together.

"Did you just refer to yourself in third person?" He asked as I stood confidently of my plan.

"I need to go home. Call me when she's available. Bye!"

"Yeah, well I'm going to continue eating while you're at it. And my name is Jerry not Jerimiah!" His yells were far as I was already rushing home.

"Jerk." I faintly heard Jerry murmur despite being too far.

[ No one's Pov ]

Right as Jordan ran home away from their house, Smalls and Harley were walking back from the sandlot.

"Do you believe me now?"

"I've got to admit, that thing really scared me. I mean at this point is it even a dog?"

"I don't know but that thing is my biggest obstacle to getting my ball back. And if I don't return it by the time he comes, I'm a dead man."

"Hey, Smalls. You're going to be fine, you'll get it back in no time. Somehow you'll make it in that fence and-"

"But it's impossible!" He complained, Harley sighed.

"Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it." She told him, ruffling his hair gently. In expectancy of another word from her he nodded. Then, she turned ahead, going back home.

Next Day

Jerry skipped his way to check who had rang the bell to his cousin's house. Lifting the blinds fastly, he grimaced seeing Jordan push his hair back with a comb vainly as he spoke to himself on the front door.

"Who is it?" Harley asked coming out the hallway to the rooms. He smiled at her and replied.

"Scotty."

She nodded acceptably as she went for the door. However, her joy faded when opening it and letting way for Jordan to look up at her happily.

"Hey!" He smirked. Her mouth twisted to the side furiously. She caught Jerry about to leave the kitchen.

"Sorry I'm not good with names. Scotty, Jordan..Oops." He tossed his hands up innocently before running off. She exhaled through her nose and then moved her glare to Jordan who stood merrily.

"Umm I brought you some flowers" the bouquet had pink and red roses, Harley's favorite.

"Thanks but I'm allergic to roses" She rejected him by pushing them away from her face. The boy broke out in awkward laughter.

"Haha you're kidding rig-"

He realized her face was serious and stopped laughing.

"Right, I totally knew that" Playing it smooth he pointed finger guns flirtatiously. "I'll keep that in mind for our next dates"

"No you won't because there will be no future dates with you. I want nothing to do with you anymore so leave me alone. " Harley quickly corrected and stepped back ready to shut the door on him.

"Please Harley. Let me talk with you and apologize." He insisted on keeping his foot between the door and the side of it, preventing it from closing.
"Give me one more chance."

"No Phillips. I already gave you a second chance and you messed it up. Enough is enough." She said feeling sorrowful deep down. "Or in your language. Three strikes, you're out. I'm done!"

"I'm begging you to listen." He dropped down on his knees as he pleaded for forgiveness.

"Strange. Didn't you imply that men didn't depend on women whatsoever just a few days ago. And now you're begging on your knees for me?" She laughed, he shook his head.

"I wasn't aware of my sexist attitudes and how much damage it did to our relationship. How much it upsets you."

Harley furrowed her eyebrows.

"Sexist attitudes huh? Someone's expanded their vocabulary. "

He chuckled softly "Yeah, I did a little bit of research on feminism our time away."

"Research?" She asked raising her voice out of shock.

"I read some books, a few, like three or one." Jordan replied counting with his fingers.

"Wait you actually went to the library?!" She exclaims, he chuckled.

"Believe it or not, that's the biggest sacrifice I've ever done in my entire life." Looking shyly at her he admitted with hands in his pockets. She squinted her eyes doubtfully.

"No way, you did all that for me." It was impossible for someone to think love was the reason for his sudden change of mind.

In a short grin he nodded. "I don't think you realize how crazy I am for you.''

Harley's negative ways toward him disappeared for a split second. All those rude and ignorant comments he made about girls, had completely abandoned her mind.

She goggled at him with great amusement. Her heavy breaths turned in to normal ones.

"What is it you want from me?" She finally decided to allow him to speak. He grinned from his success.

"I wan- I need you to come with me."

"Where?"

Jordan lowered his head and then shifted it toward her whos arms were crossed impatiently.

"Home."

Unlike expected, her face did not seem to change. There was a long pause in which it was hard to read whether she was mad or accepting.

But then she sucked in her teeth annoyed and rolled her eyes. "I'll go get my shoes. Wait here."

A satisfied smile formed upon hopeful Jordan.

"Yes- yes I'll be waiting here for you baby." He remarked hoping his feet up anxiously as she twirled to go inside her house.

Harley shook her head going to her room and kicking her converse on. However, she also was just as or even more thrilled to visit his home she missed dearly.

When she came out through the doorway again there he stood with the most adorable troublesome grin.

His gaze followed up to her waist in which she had replaced her baggy jeans with a brown skirt. She remained wearing a floral belly button cropped blouse but had brushed her hair into a quick side part. Although she'd never admit to it, she cared a lot more about her appearance than ever with him.

"And quit it with the flirtatious looks. It's makes you seem desperate." She warned him going out of the house. Turning around with a bright and wide smirk he sighed.

"Only for you baby."

The comment made Harley blush, luckily for her he couldn't see her rosy cheeks from beside her. But he knew his charms would get to her. For it worked in every girl he interacted with.

"Let's just go." She whispered seizing his arm bringing him forward and letting him lead the way. "What's up with your nose?" Remembering to ask about the inappreciable blood dripping from his nose she had seen since first seeing him today.

Jordan wiped it with his sleeve right away. "Oh uh dry air...." He answered fastly but unassertive.

Entering the familiar and suitable comfort living room of the Phillips home, Harley proudly examined the place. Nothing changed much about it except for the fact that it looked more organized than she remembered.

There were no leftover snacks on the coffee table. The furniture was clean enough that your reflection peaks a bit when you look at it.

"Missed it?" Jordan questioned as he leaned on the couch head, she scoffed.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"It's not why darling, it's what." He rectified moving the random toothpick in his mouth teasingly. Harley crossed her arms thoughtfully.

"Huh?" She hummed. Jordan gestured to the right where Karen was coming out with a beautiful red tight dress. Her nails were painted black and hair was styled into a half up bouffant.

"Welcome back Harley." Her arms opened wide for her as she walked high up on her heels toward them. Harley gasped excitedly and ran to hug her.

"Miss Phillips!" She held on to her gripping on her into a big and sweet hug.

"Please call me Karen. I'm not that old." Karen laughed, stroking her hair.

"I know. You look younger than me. And way more fashionable too, wow, that dress fits you perfectly. I'm sorry I'm dressed like a village peasant compared to you." Harley tugged on her blouse unsatisfied with it.

"I know dear. But it's the only fair for the occasion." Karen laughed, patting off her apron.

"What occasion?" She asks.

"Your date with Jordan." Karen responded by nudging her arm. Harley immediately turned to Jordan.

"Date?" She shrieks.

"It's not exactly a date mom. It's just a sort of reconciliation process." He said, embarrassed by his impetuous mother.

"A redemption?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I guess it is. Come on."

His hand tied around with hers as he brought her out to the backyard. Harley knew this would be a long night for her. Even though this was a test for him to see how he would try and conceded his redemption, she felt she was being tested on her immunity against his charms.

Blinking only one time she opened her eyes to see Jordan holding the door for her and helping her out. She nodded thanking him silently. The first thing she came across with was the bright and mesmerizing reflection of the water from the pool under.

No further from that was a small and narrow gazebo space. Inside were two chairs on opposite sides and in between a round picnic table.

All coming together with a vague song playing from a record player laying on a chair and the sound of the water fountain running.

The odd part about it was that there was a whole dinner table set up. There were two pairs of silverware. Harley's jaw dropped and body nearly collapsed in awe. She had never seen such romantic scenery out of a Hollywood movie.

"Jordan- What-" She kept choking on her own words. Boastful Jordan put his hands on his hips pretending to be impressed by his own work as well.

"I hate you." Harley shoved him back half jokingly.

"What? Do you not like it?" He asked , looking at the table back and forth. They walked to where the table was located.

She rubbed her forehead, shaking her head embarrassed. "I do. But you didn't at least give me heads up like, "Hey Harley sorry for being a jerk but hurry we gotta a fancy dinner to attend, wear something formal."

The pouting face she had over her wardrobe choice made Jordan snicker.

"I don't care about what you wear, Harley. In fact I think you look better with less clothes." He smoothly slid his arm around her waist. She felt her skin crawl up as his touch made her squirm.

"Shut up before I regret coming here."

His smirk grew, noticing the effect he still had on her. Even sometimes the dark night couldn't hide her flustered face. The two took a seat across from each other on the organized table.

Locking eyes, they both beam equally amused with everything. Suddenly, Georgina rushed to them as if spawning out of nowhere. She wore a white shirt with a black sleeve cropped jacket and tie like she worked at a restaurant.

"Hey, I'll be your waiter for the night. What may I get you two started with?" She pulled out a notebook ready to jot down their orders. Harley thought she seemed funny and giggled then looked to Jordan.

"Not a date huh?"

He showed his teeth and winked at her. Although trying hard not to appear nervous, Harley couldn't help but bite her lip.

"I don't know. It's too much." She said, lowering her head and shaking it uneasily. The sudden movement of Jordan placing his hand on top of hers made her gaze up at him.

"Hey, don't worry Harley. Don't worry. Tonight, I'll make sure to make you feel good." He whispered reassuringly, her heart melted.

How could she say no to those daring and endearing little eyes? The effect they had on her was so much, everytime she lost herself in them, they twinkled.

Clearing her throat to cover up her daydreaming moment, Harley escaped her thoughts.

"Here are the menus." Georgina handed a long lengthened and small width book to both. When opening it, they came across a variety of drawn and listed foods. The drawings were not anywhere near realistic since Georgina herself drew them.

"Fettuccine? Raviolis? Ratatouille? I see all these are Italian dishes." Harley pointed out impressed by the gourmet choices. Georgina nodded gladly.

"Oh oui" Jordan agreed, attempting to imitate the accent while at Harley seductively. Not a second afterward Georgina smacked his head.

"Ouch!"

"That's french dumbass" Annoyed Georgina explained.

"Ow my bad." Jordan apologized, mocking her tone. Harley giggled at the cuteness of the siblings.

"Now what would you like to order?" Georgina asked once again. Harley tilted her head at her.

"I don't know. How about you choose for us? Impress me." She told the little girl, making her crack a big smile.

"Surprise dish comin' right up." She bounced up excitedly before running into the house. Both chuckle at this. Returning her stare at his, she shyly questioned.

"You really did this all yourself?"

"What? You don't think I'm capable of doing this all by myself?" He let himself recline on the seat putting his arms behind his head for support. Stretching and releasing a quiet moan, he yawned.

"I can't, I really can't imagine you doing this." Harley was doubtful.

"Fine, well no not all by myself. Mom set it up and I just added the vibe to it." He confessed.

Just then, his sister approached them with a bottle in hand.

"Your wine." She informed formally as she poured the purple liquid on Harley's glass. Harley's mouth dropped open, scared of the drink.

"Is it actually wine? You do know I'm underage." She clarified not being curious enough to drink from the glass.

"It's the 60s Harley, age isn't a limit for anything nowadays." Georgina rolled her eyes.

"Relax babe, it's just grape juice." Jordan replied, lifting his glass to click it with hers. A more calm Harley grabbed hers and clicked it with his carefully.

Then both taking a sip from it instantly. When finished, Georgina exited the living room and rushed out to the backyard bringing a food tray containing a cloche.

She put it down on the edge of the table, smirking at them. Eagerly, Jordan and Harley reached for it and took off the lid cautiously since it was hot.

The warmth of it caused their eyes to blurren as they checked to see it. But soon they realized the freshly cooked pasta sitting on the plate. Spaghetti, Georgina's favorite.

"Well I'll leave now. Enjoy!" She excused herself before darting back inside as if being chased.

"Wait she forgot to bring another plate." Harley said unaware it was a planned accident.

"We can share this one." He suggested kindly. Hesitantly, she agreed in a timid way.

He was the first to get his fork and tangle the pasta in it. Once he devoured his portion, Harley stabbed her fork and took her spaghetti.

She moaned indicating she liked the taste of it. Agreeing with her, he chuckled as he swallowed.

Going in for another taste, they go for it. However, they didn't notice that they stabbed their forks on the same noodle. When they brought it up to their mouths to eat it, as they chewed on it more their faces were getting closer unintentionally.

The noodles connected them. They took in what was happening not long after they're digging their heads at the center of the table.

To avoid an awkward situation in which both would be pulled into an unintended kiss, he slipped up the noodle to himself. But so did she. So both were merged into a very close position.

At last the noodle broke into two pieces that they took on their own and ate.

After laughing uncontrollably about that, they went back to a silent and calm dinner. Harley couldn't help but continue peeking at him ever now and then in admiration.

Everything about him was so attractive. Even the way he ate had her holding in a scream. And she was not the type to go boy crazy, sure she wasn't a saint but she was reserved and hard to get.

Abruptly, a new feeling erupted in Harley making her laugh out loud.

"What?" Jordan glanced up at her in confusion.

"Nothing it's just, I never thought I'd be sharing a plate with you without fighting over it." She admitted cheerfully.

"I don't mind sharing, this spaghetti is good."

"No I mean, we always fight over anything. Somehow we never seem to be completely at peace." She played with her hair nervously as she told him.

The confession made Jordan think for a moment. He began humming along with the song that played.

"You're minee..."

Harley looked over his shoulder to see the record player on the chair near a plant playing "We Belong Together by Ritchie Valens."

She nodded her head with the rhythm grooving with it.

"You want to dance?" Jordan asks avidly, standing up and extending his hand out to her.

"Uh sure?" She accepted, frantic by the excitement the song brought out.

Grasping on to her arm as he helped her up, he carried her to the space between the gazebo and pool. It was the biggest dance floor for them. And it was perfect.

Harley got on her feet and stood straight in front of Jordan who smiled uncontrollably. Her hands fall on his shoulders and connect to hold on to him as they dance. His hand placement began with one on her waist and another on her back above her butt.

"Yes, we belong together
For eternity"

Their hips slowly swing to the sides. The landscape lighting instantaneously flickered on brightening up a spotlight for them.

Harley gently lays her head on his chest as they move.

You're mine
Your lips belong to me

The lyrics reminded Jordan that the status of his relationship with her was yet to be determined.

"I'm tired of fighting. I hate leaving you." He murmured clasping on her to hold her. As they danced he would stroke her hair softly.

Breathing into his shirt, she responded quietly. "Me too."

He shook his head in disapproval of his own actions. "Harley I don't want you to think that you are any less important than me." Jordan stepped away retracting from her grip.

She observed his genuine sorry frown. It was touching to see him talk in such vulnerable and honest ways.

"I forgive you." She whispers, staring deep into his eyes. He let out another chuckle in relief. But a new feeling overcame him, an urge.

"Kiss me." He told her, a demand in other people's words, but a priority to him.

With a happy hum and slight nod, she leaned in, pressing their lips together. As if transmitting energy through the kiss, their bodies felt a void inside being filled completely. Like when drinking cool water on a hot day. Or putting a blanket on yourself on a freezing night.

Except this feeling could be everlasting. No amount of time could be obstacle to their deep attraction. Using his tongue to roll up inside her mouth, he tickled her entrance.

Separating for a half a second they were ready to go in for a more passionate one now that they were familiar with themselves. But they froze when they heard the voice of Georgina sing.

"Harley and Jordan sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" She recited annoyingly as she made her way to them, interrupting their make out session. Left with no option but to pull away and wipe their lips, Harley and Jordan exhaled their sucked in oxygen.

"I'm sorry about her. Totally ruined it." He muttered under his breath.

"Nothing's ruined Jordan. It couldn't get any better." She replied as he cupped her face in his hand. Grinning with pride, he leaned in to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"FIRST COMES LOVE THEN COMES MARRIAGE-"

Harley pinched her eyes closed ashamed while Jordan rolled his eyes.

"Go away Gina!" He shouted.

"I'm not leaving yet! Mom is on a call with someone. I think they mentioned you're name." She explained.

Harley and Jordan glanced at each other equally curious.

"Let's go!" Georgina orders leading them to the house. They follow her inside nearly forgetting about the tender kiss they had just shared.

All of them walked into the kitchen where Karen was speaking to someone on the telephone.

"Yes I'm his mother. What?!" She told the person on the other end. There was a pause in which the kids tried hearing what the unknown individual was saying. Her reaction told them they weren't going to hear any good news.

"I understand. Yes, I am so very sorry. I'll have a talk with him, no worries. Again, I apologize for everything." Karen said keeping an eye on Jordan as she spoke. It was the sort of glare that mothers give their children before nagging them.

She put the telephone down, ending the call and groaning.

"What?" He asked.

"Jordan. Please explain to me why Mr.Rodriguez just called me telling me you got in a fight with her son?!" Her voice was firm as she crossed her arms. She was mad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 1.9K 14
**DISCONTINUED** "๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ'๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘‡๐ป๐ธ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘™๐‘’. ๐ธ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š. ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’'๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’'๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ " When y/n Ruth, Babe R...
38.1K 763 34
"๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ"
11.7K 144 26
(I know it's in 1962 but she's gonna have a Walkman cause I need her too) Y/n Peters has known Scotty Smalls since she was in second grade, she's old...
180 9 3
ษชแด› ส€แด‡แด˜สŸษชแด‡แด… ''yโ‚’แตค wโ‚’โ‚™'โ‚œ dแตขโ‚‘.. yโ‚’แตค โ‚›โ‚œแตขโ‚—โ‚— โ‚•โ‚แตฅโ‚‘ โ‚ โ‚˜แตขโ‚›โ‚›แตขโ‚’โ‚™ โ‚œโ‚’ โ‚ccโ‚’โ‚˜โ‚šโ‚—แตขโ‚›โ‚•.. fแตขโ‚™d โ‚œโ‚•โ‚‘ cโ‚•โ‚’โ‚›โ‚‘โ‚™ โ‚’โ‚™โ‚‘.. โ‚โ‚™d bแตฃแตขโ‚™g โ‚ โ‚™โ‚‘w โ‚•โ‚‘แตขแตฃ โ‚œโ‚’ โ‚œโ‚•โ‚‘ โ‚œโ‚•แตฃโ‚’โ‚™โ‚‘โ‚›..'' แด€ษดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด˜แดแด‹แด‡ ส™แดœแด›...