The Mastermind's Lies | Maste...

By Kaenito

Cover fanart by @nlize22 on Twitter. Danganronpa is a VR in this AU. • Shuichi is a Danganronpa enthusiast. A... More

Chapter 1 - Loneliness
Chapter 2 - Friendship
Chapter 3 - Addiction
Chapter 4 - The Game
Chapter 5 - Changes
Chapter 6 - Betrayal
Chapter 7 - Misery
Chapter 9 - Shuichi
Chapter 10 - Impossible
Chapter 11 - Confusion
Chapter 12 - Lied To
Chapter 13 - Mansion
Chapter 14 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 15 - Uncle
Chapter 16 - Hajime Hinata
Chapter 17 - The Horrible Truth
Chapter 18 - Piano
Chapter 19 - A Good Action
Chapter 20 - Mistake
Chapter 21 - A Mysterious Man
Chapter 22 - Kaede's Help
Chapter 23 - Fever
Chapter 24 - Sick
Chapter 25 - Worry
Chapter 26 - Concern
Chapter 27 - Souvenirs?
Chapter 28 - The Real Truth
Chapter 29 - A Normal Life?
Chapter 30 - Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Mastermind's Plan
Chapter 32 - Revelation
Chapter 33 - Hope
Chapter 34 - Answers
Chapter 35 - Visitor
Chapter 36 - Team Danganronpa
Chapter 37 - Happy [End]

Chapter 8 - Alive

4.9K 182 66
By Kaenito

??? POV

I woke up, the sun hitting my eyes instantly. I groaned and mumbled a curse under my breath as I got out of bed quickly to move away from the sunlight.

"Oh hey Kokichi, you're awake."

I looked up to see Rantaro. He was sitting at the desk, reading a book.

"Well duh, obviously I'm awake, what are you, blind?"

The green haired man chuckled.

"It's 7 AM, we have breakfast in 15 minutes, so you better get dressed."

I grinned and lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh?~ Rantaro-chan wants to see me get dressed? How naughty, I didn't think you were the dirty type."

The man rolled his eyes. I let out a little giggle; he was so easy to mess with, but he wasn't as expressive as Shuichi.

Shuichi... I wonder how he's doing in the game.

I got out of my nightwear and dressed myself new clothes. These clothes were very similar to the ones we had in that stupid game but a little different, I was kind of sick of always wearing the same outfit so this is a nice change.

"I'm ready Rantaro!~"

"Oh? Alright then."

The man got up from his seat, stretched and opened the door to get out.

We shared a room together, assigned by those dumb idiots that keep pestering us everyday.

These same idiots were apparently the reason we were all still alive. Or so that's what they said, they could be lying. They told us the whole thing was actually virtual, which is why everyone didn't die. I mean, I'm glad I'm alive, but this is weird.

I still remember the sensation of being crushed. It was awful, and I'll never say this to anyone but I'm getting multiple nightmares at night because of it.

I shook my head, trying to shoo away the image and sensation of the cold metal of the press on my body.

I lifted my hands and put them behind my head as I walked through the hallway behind Rantaro.

Eventually, we got to the common dining area, where everyone was already seated at random tables. Rantaro waved at Kaede, Ryoma and Kirumi and went to sit with them. They'd all become very close with each other, since they were the first ones to die; especially Kaede and Rantaro. They were probably dating, not that I cared or anything, I don't give a shit about who's getting pussy/dick or not.

I took my plate and looked around for a table.

Then, I saw Kaito and Gonta sitting at a table, talking with each other.

I grinned and slowly crept up behind Kaito, putting a finger on my lips when Gonta saw me.

"Boo!"

"AHHHH!"

I couldn't help myself from laughing. Kaito growled something as Gonta softly laughed at the situation.

"You little shit!"

"Oops!~ Didn't mean to do that."

"That's such an obvious lie."

I giggled as I sat down beside them.

"Anyways- how are you doing today Kokichi?" asked Kaito.

"Wow Kaito are you worried about me?~ Don't worry I won't tell Maki when she gets here."

"Shut up, you annoying gremlin! I'm trying to be nice, you should try it too sometimes."

"Ruuuude! Anyways- I'm doing perfectly fine!~"

"Uhhh, Gonta thinks that's a lie." the man said with a nervous smile.

"Gonta's getting more intelligent, that's so cool!~" I cheered, clasping my hands together.

"Gonta is trying his hardest to understand Kokichi more! He knows Kokichi is nice."

"I'm not a good person Gonta, c'mon now, you known that!"

"If Kokichi is referring to what happened in the game then-"

Gonta shook his head.

"Gonta does not blame Kokichi. Forgave Kokichi already."

I felt my heart warm up a little.

Honestly, this wasn't the first time he said he forgave me, but everytime he and Miu said they didn't blame me for my actions, after hearing the true purpose behind my actions, it always felt really nice to hear.

"I know that dumb dumb! I was just messing with you."

Kaito rolled his eyes as Gonta let out a "ohhh" and I giggled.

As I was eating, I looked around the room, scanning for who was there and who wasn't.

"1...2...3........ and 11. All of us are here today, wow!~" I muttered under my breath.

Kaito gave me a curious look before going back to his food.

There were 4 tables total in the place, but we only took 3 of them. The first table was Kaede, Rantaro, Ryoma and Kirumi. They apparently all had a deep talk after the second class trial, talking about the game and all, hence why they became that close. The second group was Korekiyo, Angie, Tenko and Miu. Miu kind of switched from table to table all the time, but as for the three others, they also apparently talked a lot to each other, notably about their problems. Both girls forgave the man and became good friends.

As for the last table, well, it's Kaito, Gonta and I.

At first, when everyone learned what I did to Gonta and Miu, they were all mad at me and ignored me for days, until Kaito came along and explained, with my help of course, the plan I had. Most of them still don't trust me, but they just choose to not make a fuss over it, since it was just a virtual game after all.

"Just a virtual game" my ass. This is another one of these idiots' lies. Well, it's not entirely a lie.

The way we died all gave us some kind of problem after that. For example, Rantaro suffers from frequent headaches now, because of the way he died. Ryoma is now scared of water, Kirumi has a newfound fear of heights as well as phantom pains all over her body, Kaede and Miu have difficulty breathing, Korekiyo often dissociates, Angie and Tenko both have frequent headaches like Rantaro and Kaito and Gonta suffers from stomachaches.

As for me, my entire body always hurts in some way or another. It's not intense to the point where I can't walk or something, but it's just enough to become annoying.

As I finished eating, letting out a sigh and putting my hands behind my head again, a door opened.

It was the door that connected our small dining area to what apparently was the office where these idiots came from.

"Good morning everyone! Feeling better?"

Nobody answered the tall woman.

You see, after getting out and seeing how all of this was just a sick virtual game, none of us were happy about it. Even if I found this a little funny at the beginning, it was just plain horrible to make teenagers like us go through this.

Apart from that information, they won't tell us anything. They waited until "the end" of the game.

"Guess what everyone? The game is over!"

Immediately, everyone looked at the brown haired woman.

"The survivors and Mastermind were all pulled out of the game two days ago, after a last class trial."

"And where are they? Why are they not here yet??" asked Kaito.

"We just wanted to keep the surprise!"

"What surprise, this is just your sick ignorant game and we're not playing it anymore." said Ryoma coldly.

"It's fun for us! Plus, your little survivors really fucked up everything, so many people were touched by the ending that they declared they would never watch it again! So, I don't care what you think."

'Huh? What people?'

The woman tch'ed. Then, she clapped her hands one time and switched her frown to a smile.

"Ok-ay! Get seated! Get ready for the finale!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311 24 13
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE READING THE STORY After being abducted and trapped inside the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles, Shuichi and fift...
34.8K 553 93
A collection of stories for Saihara Shuichi x Ouma Kokichi x Amami Rantaro. This ship doesn't have enough stories, so here are 90 more. Contains fluf...
22.7K 677 18
!ON HIATUS! Monokuma decided it was time for a new motive after Kaede's death. He decided to give one person back their pregame memories. When Shuich...
184K 5.9K 15
Kokichi Ouma wants to end the killing game no matter what. Even if it means concealing his true emotions and pretending to be the mastermind, making...